Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 17, 2018 7:49 AM

Mar 2010
5layer said:
LF2005 said:
he maximized his only spell and tested it at an seeminglly deserted valley, where he ended killing all the main army and his artillery and almost himself included.
He was lv310 before and after that 2nd meteor shower. So either he didn't kill anything with it or whatever it was gave no experience. The experience bar also didn't move.
maybe it didn't go up because he reached the max level cap
Feb 17, 2018 7:56 AM

Nov 2013
Jacob_Chimera said:
This show is driving me insane. Some say it's getting progressively better, I say it's getting progressively worse. More cliches are being added and the fundamental concept is being muddled. The idea is this world is a video game, yet apparently people are summoned to it by mages or reincarnated there by God. This makes no sense. Why wouldn't God just send people to a new universe? Why would God use a shitty MMO being developed by a software company that isn't ever properly staffed? I'm sure the series will come up with some contrived reasoning behind this, but my main issue is that this complicates things unnecessarily. Most isekai simply present the concept at the beginning ("Oh, I'm in a video game now" or "Oh, God has sent me to a new world") and then the story moves on. This show is spending so much time on its basic premise that it's drawing attention away from the elements that should be important (like developing characters instead of just popping cardboard cut outs into the story).

Also, I'm seriously pissed with all the slaves the main character is acquiring. He's left whatever enchantment on them that forces them to obey his every command and actively controls them with it, yet he acts all holier than thou. Then, the show has the audacity to suggest they LIKE being slaves. The protagonist says, and I quote, "They don't deserve to be treated like slaves, but they seem more at ease this way." Fuck off. No one is happy being deprived of their rights and free will.

It wasn't shown in the anime, but Satou considered to free Liza, Tama and Pochi. But that wouldn't improve their situation in any way. As long as Satou is their master, they benefit from legal protection and it is provided for for them. For example, in the latest episode the soldier who wanted the cores from the ants could have simply taken them from Liza, if Satou weren't her master.

And in case of Arisa and Lulu, a geas is placed on them, that makes it impossible to revoke the slave status.

So, instead of acting "holier than thou", it is just him accepting the circumstances, that he can't change. Is it wicked? Yes. But that's how it is in this world.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 17, 2018 10:33 AM

Sep 2008
LF2005 said:
maybe it didn't go up because he reached the max level cap
His exp bar was partially filled so there would be room for more experience.

Feb 17, 2018 10:24 PM

Nov 2016
TheBigGuy said:
Jacob_Chimera said:
This show is driving me insane. Some say it's getting progressively better, I say it's getting progressively worse. More cliches are being added and the fundamental concept is being muddled. The idea is this world is a video game, yet apparently people are summoned to it by mages or reincarnated there by God. This makes no sense. Why wouldn't God just send people to a new universe? Why would God use a shitty MMO being developed by a software company that isn't ever properly staffed? I'm sure the series will come up with some contrived reasoning behind this, but my main issue is that this complicates things unnecessarily. Most isekai simply present the concept at the beginning ("Oh, I'm in a video game now" or "Oh, God has sent me to a new world") and then the story moves on. This show is spending so much time on its basic premise that it's drawing attention away from the elements that should be important (like developing characters instead of just popping cardboard cut outs into the story).

Also, I'm seriously pissed with all the slaves the main character is acquiring. He's left whatever enchantment on them that forces them to obey his every command and actively controls them with it, yet he acts all holier than thou. Then, the show has the audacity to suggest they LIKE being slaves. The protagonist says, and I quote, "They don't deserve to be treated like slaves, but they seem more at ease this way." Fuck off. No one is happy being deprived of their rights and free will.

It wasn't shown in the anime, but Satou considered to free Liza, Tama and Pochi. But that wouldn't improve their situation in any way. As long as Satou is their master, they benefit from legal protection and it is provided for for them. For example, in the latest episode the soldier who wanted the cores from the ants could have simply taken them from Liza, if Satou weren't her master.

And in case of Arisa and Lulu, a geas is placed on them, that makes it impossible to revoke the slave status.

So, instead of acting "holier than thou", it is just him accepting the circumstances, that he can't change. Is it wicked? Yes. But that's how it is in this world.

It doesn't matter what happened in the light novel, we're critiquing the quality of the anime. The show should be able to stand on its own without requiring the viewers to read the source material. That said, I suppose the justification is reasonable, but at the same time he doesn't have to give them orders, he could just uphold the facade that he's their master in public. Even excusing that, the protagonist's statement suggesting they were happier as slaves was still inappropriate.
Feb 18, 2018 3:32 AM

Sep 2008
Jacob_Chimera said:
Then, the show has the audacity to suggest they LIKE being slaves. The protagonist says, and I quote, "They don't deserve to be treated like slaves, but they seem more at ease this way." Fuck off. No one is happy being deprived of their rights and free will.
If someone lives most of their life as a slave, they don't know how to live like a free person. It's similar to how people who stay in prison their whole life aren't able to function in society after they are released so they immediately commit crimes to get back in prison. It would be possible to gradually readjust their worldview to that of a free person, but it's not something that can just happen in an instant so their reaction in the anime isn't unexpected. But then again, I don't know how long each of these characters has been a slave for so maybe the author is just pulling this stuff out of their ass.
Feb 18, 2018 6:15 AM
Sep 2017
To be honest. I rather watch watch isekai smartphone then this dirty mess up anime DROPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

Feb 19, 2018 2:55 PM
Feb 2018
This show feels like it was made by some pedophile hiding its intents. For F sake and in the GOD name why would someone shove so many loliies and make a harem too...disgusting. And then show them naked too. This creators needs to have their balls cut off.
Feb 22, 2018 5:05 AM

Dec 2012
The episodes keeps getting interesting!

Feb 22, 2018 6:30 PM

Mar 2009
deadman80 said:
Jalter said:
So, Lulu and Arisa have been sold as sex slaves before? I don't like this....... I'm also finding the protagonist very gay. However, the fun of this series is precisely his unexpected actions, of not caring what happens, which makes the series less cliche.

They were confirmed to have NOT been sold before. Arisa's explanation stated that after they were on the run they were picked up by that slave trader. They went from that slave trader to Satou. His mental reactions to the females he's run into so far also indicate that he's not gay. The only adult human he's really interacted with so far is Mosa the innkeeper though, so that may have been easy to miss.

EDIT: I went back to Ep2 and took some screenshots for ya! :D
"Poyopoyo wa seigi desu." is the actual line, which would directly be something like "Squishy is justice.", which would actually be better translated as "I love boobies! :D" Doesn't entirely rule out being gay, but still a strike against.

He says she's in his "strikezone" if the innkeeper was 20kg thinner. Don't think too many gay men would be thinking about an adult woman being his type. lol

BTW, she's 5'4", and I'd estimate ~H-cup and ~200lbs, so 20kg/~44lbs is not as rude as it might sound. Martha's 4'11". Arisa's stat screen did not show her height like others, but by comparison to Satou/Zena, she's ~3'10-4'2". Of note, other than his initial disbelief at Martha's bust size for her age, he really hasn't had any naughty thoughts about anyone else (beyond telling himself not to have naughty thoughts.)

He's still an idiot for not going for the innkeeper woman.
Feb 22, 2018 7:29 PM

Mar 2010
Mormegil said:

He's still an idiot for not going for the innkeeper woman.

I do not disagree. ;)
Mar 4, 2018 5:30 PM
Mar 2018
Me too, voluptuous anime ladies for life
Mar 6, 2018 8:55 PM

Mar 2015
Really picked up a lot after this one. I really like Liza. She's so lady-like, motherly, and bad ass, then suddenly she is super cute!
Mar 8, 2018 4:11 AM

Aug 2012
Good thing the mc was able to save his virginity from that vile loli.
Apr 9, 2018 12:25 PM

Apr 2012
Skilled used: Poker Face XD
Aug 18, 2018 11:47 AM

Dec 2012
She said Satou correctly.
Satou about to kiss Lulu?
Dafuq just happened? She's real?
Lulu is 14.
Arisa is clinging to Satou's arm. Building that harem.
Dem booties.
She just said moe.
Oh shit! Martha is back and she's all up on Satou.
Those eyes.
Lulu was about to take off Satou's clothes.
HOLY SHIT! Lulu and Arisa are naked. SUGOI!!!!!!
lol at Satou using the poker face skill.
Services? Oh shit!
Lulu right booty cheek.
Satou cockblocked himself. smh Wait... Satou can have coitus in this world?
lol at Arisa. When your slaves aren't virgins.
Oh snap! Arisa on top.
Dat kiss.
Oh shit! Satou wants Arisa.
Satou cockblocking himself with them orders. smh
lol Arisa loves Satou.
Tachibana?
She's Japanese.
She was reincarnated?
How did she become a slave?
Martha oppai.
Dammit Martha. She's not his girlfriend. Stop doing that to yourself.
Martha just said Satou's body is nice.
Dat story.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 19, 2019 4:34 PM

Jun 2015
the naked little girls are a little weird to see ngl
Jul 31, 2019 4:29 AM

Sep 2012
arisa stop that ur not a sucubus u don't need to... šŸ˜
Sugram22Jul 31, 2019 7:10 AM
Apr 23, 2020 9:16 PM

Feb 2018
Arisa from Japan? Ma, i don't even care about this, you are is so cute.
Jun 5, 2022 6:52 AM

Aug 2018
It seems our main team assembled.. ;P
Well, slaves also had to tend to sexual needs as well of their masters..
So Lulu and Arisa know each other for longer, it seems..
So Satou does think about thieves.. Nice to know..
Jun 9, 2022 4:51 AM

Aug 2018
really gross anime dont watch it only episode 1 was any good since then it went gross and all about food that is all that this anime is about
Sep 7, 2022 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
When he jumped through the window and suddenly started dancing with her... I was like wtf? xD
Oct 20, 2023 1:00 PM
Apr 2021
All episodes till now have min sexulizing children. But this one was worst. I can't look away anymore and i just think it's plainly disgusting
Mar 13, 10:53 AM
Dec 2023
11 years old wasn't even legal at japans worst these writers are advanced criminals T_T
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

138 by damoInstinct »»
May 19, 2:25 AM

» Yes they're still in the first town. That's why I like it.

TitanAnteus - Feb 16, 2018

1 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 14, 4:27 AM

» Isekai Animes are going to start needing Bechdel Tests

Talamare - Nov 8, 2023

15 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 13, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2018

146 by RamonDehon »»
Mar 16, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

144 by Forum »»
Feb 10, 11:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.