Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode felt more calmer than some of the others. We got more relationship building. It featured less youkai compared than some of the other episodes.

For Inaba, I like how they are fleshing out his character more in this show. A lot of emotions this episode....
Jul 31, 2017 9:15 AM

Aug 2013
Nice episode.

I liked the talk between Inaba and Satou in that restaurant. Inaba is even more determined to change.

A lot of emotions in Eriko's scene. She went and apologised to Inaba for what she did to him. She's actually a nice person.

Jul 31, 2017 9:26 AM
Nov 2016
Surprise surprise.... He is back at the Youkai apartments.... Yaaaay....

Mediocrity is the name of the game and this show is the game's champion.
Jul 31, 2017 9:46 AM

Mar 2008
I'm lovin that they are showing Inaba finding his place in the world. That scene with Eriko was great. I knew she wasn't so bad. Glad he is back at the apartments.
Jul 31, 2017 10:41 AM

Jan 2015
That's a bit harsh, Kaga. Thankfully Inaba can talk about it and get some advice later thanks to Satou.And Inaba is finally back to the Youkai Apartment where everyone's already waiting for him.Somehow I miss Akane. >_<
That moment when Hase is blushed knowing his father said about Inaba... It feels like a BL might occured. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 31, 2017 10:50 AM

Jun 2015
Inaba and Satou had a nice talk in that restaurant. Inaba is determined to change. The scene with Eriko was quite emotional. She apologized for what she did to him. She's actually a nice person. I'm glad Inaba is back at the youkai apartment.
Jul 31, 2017 11:12 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
That was... a lot of tears. Wow. I like having an episode with a bit of depth in an otherwise light anime like this. It makes a good balance.

I wonder how he ended up making his way back after he couldn't before. Was it just a change in his attitude? A greater desire to be there? I understand why they do it like that, but I still dislike it when anime or other fiction doesn't fill in those kinds of blanks. It feels like a plot hole to me.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Jul 31, 2017 12:33 PM

Mar 2016
I wonder if that "That's so Raven" power will come back? I would just love random vision and then him going Huuuhhhh! Hopefully that wasn't and one time thing.

Good episode. Emotions and talking to precedence
I'm happy Eriko apologized because I remember how much I though she was a bitch! But she's good now
UrbanJahtsJul 31, 2017 12:51 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 12:59 PM

Jan 2017
Hase is just so cute. I wish we see more on their friendship in a not so distant future.
It was so obvious he was meant to come back, i mean who will leave a place with delicious food 24/7 for free?!
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Jul 31, 2017 1:32 PM
Jun 2016
yay he's finally back, was so missing him back there, glad it didn't last any longer, just enough for him and us to remember why we liked the apartment :>
Jul 31, 2017 4:27 PM

Mar 2016
I'm starting to really like this anime. It's moving up to the top of my list compared to the other stuff I'm watching this season.
Jul 31, 2017 6:33 PM

Jan 2008
Those feels when Eriko and Yuushi made up (*꒦ິ⌓꒦ີ). Seriously man, gotta cherish family and visit more often.

That Sato guy...I hope he's kidding or speaking metaphorically when he said he wanted to get married and have a child with her...how many hundreds of years age gap would that be? Can they even conceive with a dead person? How does youkai biology work? It just feels so wrong. It's basically necrophilia. Unless it's with another youkai/spirit/undead, then this is no problem.

Yuushi's (now former) roommate seems like he has really low self-esteem with his anti-social behavior. The kind of guy that makes you ask "wtf is his problem?" and would snap violently at the drop of a hat. He should take a chill pill, or smoke some weed since he has that stick up his butt. Good thing he's out of the picture now and won't be seeing him anymore--aint nobody be needing those negative vibes.
Estoy_GordoJul 31, 2017 6:39 PM
Jul 31, 2017 7:17 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode I really enjoyed all 3 talks between the characters, each for different reasons.

I'm thinking the show could have been better with a little more development. After Inaba talked to Eriko he thought, I wonder if the old me would have forgiven her but they haven't really showed him changing much. It's hard to really gage how far he's really come. I mean, it's only episode 5. Also, it seems like he literally "just" left the youkai apartment and now he's already back!
Jul 31, 2017 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Cool of Satou to cheer up Yuushi.
Nice that he got to see Hase again.

Glad he is back at the Youkai Apartment. Now this is where he belongs.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 1, 2017 3:45 AM

Nov 2011
While it was a good episode I wasn't too fond of it. The scene with his cousin just felt really forced. I understand what the episode was trying to get across but I felt the cousin showing up and crying was a bit over the line. Whatever though Yuushi is back where he belongs!

Hanako though!!!

SoraSenpaiAug 1, 2017 3:56 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 1, 2017 5:02 AM

Dec 2016
Hmmm... I found myself enjoying the show more after the MC left the apartment. Now that he's back, so is the silliness of that place... blah. Wish the youkai in the show we're a bit more serious. Some comic relief here and there is fine, but I liked the tone of the last couple episodes more than some of the earlier ones. Oh wells....
Aug 1, 2017 6:49 AM

Mar 2013
It was great episode.
Liked the conversation in the restaurant.

I was glad to see MC and his cousin patching things up b/w them.

Yush. MC is finally back to the place where he belongs.
Aug 1, 2017 7:03 AM

Dec 2014
nice that was good how he confronted his inner thoughts
Aug 1, 2017 10:16 AM

Jun 2016
That was a sad, inspiring, and heartwarming episode. I'm so glad he decided to go back to the Youkai Apartment. I almost cried when he came back to the apartment. I'm happy again and for Inaba. <3

Okaerinasai, Inaba! ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 1, 2017 1:13 PM

Dec 2013
As happy as I am that he's back at the Youkai Apartment, I gotta wonder just how long did he spend living out his days in the dorms? It seemed like a year or more has passed from when he left to when he finally decided to talk with Saito about his issues. That and how his best friend was talking made it seem like he was out in the wilderness for quite a while actually...

Seriously though, I feel like I can relate to him quite a lot. Irl am in a similar place as he was this episode. This was quite inspiring to say the least.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 2, 2017 1:31 AM

Oct 2008
This comment easily summarises episode 5: "This is where I belong: Youkai Apato!"
4/5.

Aug 2, 2017 11:26 AM

Apr 2016
Hase's sister is hot. And the MC is back where he belong, nice.
Aug 3, 2017 9:01 AM

Apr 2016
I just love this series
BRAWLERS
Aug 3, 2017 8:03 PM

May 2017
4kicks said:
Those feels when Eriko and Yuushi made up (*꒦ິ⌓꒦ີ). Seriously man, gotta cherish family and visit more often.

That Sato guy...I hope he's kidding or speaking metaphorically when he said he wanted to get married and have a child with her...how many hundreds of years age gap would that be? Can they even conceive with a dead person? How does youkai biology work? It just feels so wrong. It's basically necrophilia. Unless it's with another youkai/spirit/undead, then this is no problem.

Yuushi's (now former) roommate seems like he has really low self-esteem with his anti-social behavior. The kind of guy that makes you ask "wtf is his problem?" and would snap violently at the drop of a hat. He should take a chill pill, or smoke some weed since he has that stick up his butt. Good thing he's out of the picture now and won't be seeing him anymore--aint nobody be needing those negative vibes.

Wait, sato said that to who?
Aug 3, 2017 8:11 PM

May 2017
SoraSenpai said:
While it was a good episode I wasn't too fond of it. The scene with his cousin just felt really forced.

Not really forced, they could've ended up together and it's still not forced, the gift card touched her, even with all her treatment towards him, he still gave her a gift card

I ship it tbh, wincest
Aug 4, 2017 2:11 AM

Dec 2012
Kind of glad Yuushi's cousin realized how miserable he was from her actions. I kind of smell a cousin romance. Maybe not.
allo
Aug 5, 2017 9:57 AM

Jan 2008
World_Creator said:
4kicks said:

Wait, sato said that to who?

To Yuushi, referring to a hypothetical wife he wants to get married to...didn't state a specific person, just the fact that he wants to get married in of itself, and that he wishes to have children with her.
Aug 5, 2017 8:13 PM

Mar 2009
Glad he's back at the Apartment. The show's just not the same without it.
Aug 6, 2017 8:41 PM

Mar 2010
OH MY GOWD This is very unexpected ,for the eriko 's part T_T and that Hase-kun too
and that very welcoming surprise , this story is very heartwarming , I want to know more about Inaba's life now :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2017 11:00 PM

Dec 2016
Finally! He is back to the yokai apartment :D

Anyway, I liked this episode very much and I hope Inaba could change his personality a little bit and ask for help when he thinks he need it, because he has a lot of people who care for him and want to see him happy.
Sep 7, 2017 11:53 AM

Sep 2013
Inaba talks to sato and gets the motivation to change, he meets hase and eriko comes to apologize :'(
He's back a the yokai apartment.
Sep 18, 2017 9:40 PM

May 2008
This episode actually made me cry a bit -- this when I didn't shed a single tear for the little boy and his dog. That scene with Eriko hit a bit close to home I think. I for one don't think young Yuushi would have rejected her apology and I don't see the encounter as forced at all.

From her perspective it's been half a year to a year since she's seen him at all, although WE don't get that because the anime is waaaaay too fast paced. It makes it feel like he's just living on the surface of things and not really interacting, but the personality we see completely contradicts that.

It doesn't look at all like he's ignoring people or pushing them away. If anything he's reaching OUT to people, yet we're repeatedly told that he just doesn't communicate -- which is a flat-out LIE. He does communicate, he does try to reach out, he just doesn't know how, can't, is busy and preoccupied by other worries, or he's flat-out shut down when he tries. It's not HIS fault. They're the ones that don't reach out until they HAVE to.

...and this is strongly echoing my life in a way that is a little scary. Probably why that scene with Eriko moved me so much. To see someone actually reach out and care...

*cough* needed to get that outta my system.

Also, to the two that are discussing Sato's dreams, it's NOT necrophilia. It's just an immortal being wishing he was mortal because of the things he CAN'T experience -- just as humans wish we were immortal or some mystical creature... or even a dog because that simple life yo.

I find it much stranger that they were in a public restaurant and no one questioned that they were speaking very openly and loudly about yokai and humans.
-- the original Soaring Dragon
Oct 13, 2017 7:52 AM

Oct 2012
Silver Sato, Silver is Gin.. *bleach flashback triggered
xD

I'm glad Hase is there, he's such a bratha
Now I can be glad say that I'm part of Hase girls and boys.. oh wait that's from wrong anime xD

I guess he's a bit FUKOUDAA xD
But it's all in the past
I'm glad he's back to where he really belong
おかえりなさい

At preview
E-e-excalibur?? Is that you? Oh noo
Rayl1ghtOct 13, 2017 7:55 AM
"Signature removed"
Aug 8, 2018 10:01 PM

May 2012
Really loved that ending, had some really great character change! It is nice that he decided to go back though and the reunion sure was a solid surprise.

Well let's see what's in the next episode.
Dec 17, 2020 9:56 AM
Jun 2017
I hate Eriko in this episode. Trying to claim normal Teenage problems are in any way comparable to losing both parents at a young age.
Jan 3, 2022 12:39 AM

Feb 2020
Nice episode. I'm glad Eriko and Inaba made up.
Sep 16, 4:33 AM
Dec 2022
Inuba misses the apartment and things never the same ever since he moved into the new dorm. He and his cousin Eriko made up. Finally he decided to move back into the apartment.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2017

42 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 4:14 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

27 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2017

22 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2017

19 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2017

28 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 22, 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.