Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 6, 2017 2:56 PM
Dec 2015
This debate has been passing through the anime and manga community for a long time. I decided to make this post because I want to hear your opinions on it! Now here is mine!

Beware, this may contain spoilers

Both manga and anime are great. But both also have their fatal flaws. Manga is packed with information, details, and things that are not usually included in anime. It is rare to find an anime with more details compared it corresponding manga. Though I have read some mangas that are almost exactly the same as their anime. So that means the anime is also packed with a lot of information(Which usually results in more/longer episodes) or overall both manga and anime are lacking in detail. But of course, with every good thing, there is a bad! Manga(In my opinion) lacks excitement and suspense! Animes make things better with their (usually) amazing OST's, Seiyuu's and colorful arts and animations. Just watching everything move and hearing everybody speak makes it so much more amusing, interesting and suspenseful. Like in the recent Shingeki no Kyojin episode (Episode 6) I experienced so much emotion and suspense when in the manga I was interested but I didn't feel the same impact of emotions as I did when I watched the anime earlier. But of course, anime has a fatal flaw. As I mentioned earlier, manga includes much more detail compared to its anime. That is usually because of the lack of episodes and time so the creators have to squeeze everything in, which usually results in A LOT of the details being flushed down the toilet of abandonment. Now that is not always a bad thing because for some people, having too much detail makes everything hard to process. Sometimes after reading a chapter of the Shingeki no Kyojin manga, I have to look up an overall analysis of the chapter because I just didn't comprehend it. But for the people who can take in a lot of information, and work through it all, manga is the thing for you! Therefore, I personally do like anime better because I love the feelings it gives me compared to manga. Though of course there are mangas that are much better than its anime including Ao Haru Ride, Gantz, and Tokyo Ghoul. But overall I do enjoy anime much more compared to manga! What is your opinion on this matter?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 6, 2017 3:05 PM

Nov 2014
Spoilers regarding what? Every anime and manga? Nice, worthless, heads up.

It's a pointless discussion that has been done time and time again, not only regarding anime/manga but similar topic (or maybe identical) which are books and movies.
May 6, 2017 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
I can't even imagine how many users will fight each other for this topic ...

Te answer is simple though :

If you enjoy animation+sound effects than you will like anime more than manga .

If all you care about is the story manga is for you.
May 6, 2017 4:24 PM

Feb 2015
>This debate has been passing through the anime and manga community for a long time

Sorry to break it to you OP, but waifu wars is more acceptable here than that shit... :/
May 6, 2017 4:26 PM

Dec 2016
_Ako_ said:
>This debate has been passing through the anime and manga community for a long time

Sorry to break it to you OP, but waifu wars is more acceptable here than that shit... :/

anime waifu vs. manga waifu, there you have both combined.
May 6, 2017 5:12 PM

Feb 2015
Azurblau said:
_Ako_ said:

Ehhh... Please stop.... Not even close... :/
May 6, 2017 5:20 PM

Dec 2012
Anime will always remain superior to me because:

- Music, voice acting, and audio effects that generate an atmosphere impossible with silence
- Animation because I like to watch things move. I can't even imagine looking at still images for some of the best battles/action sequences.
- I'm a slow reader. Subtitles work perfectly for me, but it takes me an average of 15 minutes to read one chapter.
- Constantly flipping pages: I'd rather sit back and let a story unfold for 20 minutes than constantly turning or clicking for the next page.
May 6, 2017 5:20 PM

Dec 2016
_Ako_ said:
Azurblau said:

Ehhh... Please stop.... Not even close... :/

not even close to what? does my post not have enough quality?
May 6, 2017 5:32 PM

Mar 2008
Manga is always better for horror. Anime is always better for action, comedy, music. The rest will differ more.
May 6, 2017 8:30 PM
May 2017
I'm Japanese.
I like both.

Manga doesn't take time.
→ Anime: 12 episodes × 20 minutes
Manga: 3 books × 20 minutes

There are many pieces of manga and there are new discoveries.
→ 900 new books will be released in a month.
Anime: 316 works / year

Anime can be watched TV in Japan.
Only popular works become anime.
May 6, 2017 8:33 PM

Jun 2015
Both are shitttttttttttttttttttt
May 6, 2017 8:48 PM

Dec 2014
crashinho said:
Both are shitttttttttttttttttttt
I kinda miss making quote towers for this XD
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
May 6, 2017 9:12 PM
Feb 2016
Some animes are genuinely fun to watch but for the nerds such as myself who go into specifics will definitely point out the flaws and say how much the manga is better. Take Berserk for example, a lot of people will prefer the manga over the anime. Popular opinion wise, people will watch anime because it's anime. How I see it at least..
traps are **not** gay
May 7, 2017 7:25 AM

Aug 2009
I think anime is better.Animation brings the characters to life. They walk, talk and do many other things.

Its true with many other things. For example which is better? A picture of machine guns firing or a video of machine guns firing?

May 7, 2017 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Ratohnhaketon said:
it takes me an average of 15 minutes to read one chapter.

@.@ What the hell really? <.< Do you mean you get distracted by other things that it takes 15 minutes to read a chapter?

Takes me the same amount of time to read a volume
- Constantly flipping pages: I'd rather sit back and let a story unfold for 20 minutes than constantly turning or clicking for the next page.

Me boy the feel of the pages on your fingers is best feeling.

O/T I like both but I prefer manga because of the detail in the art.
May 7, 2017 2:04 PM

Jan 2017
Both are great in my opinion.
Manga has it's own unique quality, same goes for anime

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

May 7, 2017 2:08 PM

Sep 2016
Koreans lego timelapses in youtube with russians commentary while watching filipino documentaries about sea fauna in Brazil are better.

Fight me.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

May 7, 2017 2:31 PM

Jun 2010
I prefer the anime because I can see the animation of each of the characters, landscapes, expressions and other things that in a static drawing like the manga does not have it, besides that when I read manga a few times the reactions of the characters catch my attention.
May 7, 2017 10:38 PM

Dec 2012
Veneficia said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
it takes me an average of 15 minutes to read one chapter.

@.@ What the hell really? <.< Do you mean you get distracted by other things that it takes 15 minutes to read a chapter?

Me boy the feel of the pages on your fingers is best feeling.

Yeah I like to look at the pictures and take in exactly what's happening. When it takes me an episode's worth of time to read 2 chapters, I figure it's better to just stick to what already works. It takes me an average of 3-4 months to read 300 page books because I savor every detail. As for the page flipping, I feel you on that. Admittedly I'm more referring to clicking to the next page on the computer.
May 8, 2017 12:35 AM

May 2014
Hmm, I felt the opposite. The recent AoT ep6 reveal felt much better in the anime with good voice acting and music.

May 8, 2017 7:15 AM

Nov 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Veneficia said:

Yeah I like to look at the pictures and take in exactly what's happening. When it takes me an episode's worth of time to read 2 chapters, I figure it's better to just stick to what already works. It takes me an average of 3-4 months to read 300 page books because I savor every detail. As for the page flipping, I feel you on that. Admittedly I'm more referring to clicking to the next page on the computer.
I don't like manga for a very similar reason. When reading manga, I've got nothing keeping pace for me. Sometimes I'll move really slow and savor details, while other times, I'll be flipping through really fast, not even taking in the illustrations; it all really depends on my mood at the time. This leads to a really disjointed reading experience, where I'm not actually enjoying the act of reading it.

In contrast, books are easier to pace, since it's just words. You don't have to switch between analyzing pictures and words, and can just focus in on author's intent and imagination. Additionally, anime and other visual media set the pace for you. My friends all think I'm crazy for caring so much about pace and flow, but I've always felt that these aspects were more important to me than the content itself, idk.
May 8, 2017 7:28 AM
Dec 2014
I prefer to watch the animated version.
May 8, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
Thread locked.
Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. simple listing, youtube video or picture collecting, X Vs Y, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» You get teleported to the year 2077. Which body mods do you get first?

Commit_Crime - 5 hours ago

18 by LoveYourSmile »»
2 minutes ago

» What is Your Favfurite Cat Pose?

KittenCuddler - Sep 17

16 by Fario-P »»
19 minutes ago

» If you happened to see a MAL user in real life

GinInYourJuice - Yesterday

30 by GinInYourJuice »»
1 hour ago

» why is suicide seen as a bad thing ( 1 2 )

Rye_the_Guy - Sep 14

69 by Stavrogin_ »»
1 hour ago

» What is one thing you miss about being a kid?

Yuno - 7 hours ago

20 by traed »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.