Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2017 3:42 AM

Jun 2015
Who's the most skilled duelist in the whole Yu-Gi-Oh anime series?
No offence but don't just come to me and say it's "Yami Yugi" because he almost never loss. I'm not talking about winning record, and definitely not luck.. I mean the "believe in heart of cards" situations:

btw I'm not saying that Yami Yugi is a bad duelist or anything; but it's hard to tell when Duel Monsters wasn't that complex at his era.

I'm talking here about actual pure skill and strategy AND deck structure, which means only knowledgeable Yu-Gi-Oh players may give an approximate answer.
DeagoApr 3, 2017 3:58 AM
Apr 3, 2017 3:46 AM

Jun 2014
Judai. To win a lot means you're good, period.

Judai has the most duels (73) and has the 2nd best winning percentage with 92% only behind Anzu and Fubuki who have dueled in 5 or less.
Apr 3, 2017 3:47 AM

Jun 2015
Skill and strategy. Lmao.
It's all about who can pull of the better cards/combos faster.
Apr 3, 2017 3:49 AM

Jun 2014
Brb said:

A lot of strategy in Yugioh. That is why some people in real life are superior than others. You have to know how to stack your deck with the perfect cards and how to use them correctly and when to use them.
Apr 3, 2017 3:49 AM

Oct 2013
I would assume the one who cheats the least and follows the rules the most
Apr 3, 2017 3:51 AM

Jun 2015
Brb said:

yes but that also means one should make a good deck to get "better cards/combos faster" which is not totally based on luck.
Apr 3, 2017 3:54 AM

Jun 2015
Kagami said:
Brb said:

A lot of strategy in Yugioh. That is why some people in real life are superior than others. You have to know how to stack your deck with the perfect cards and how to use them correctly and when to use them.

I know that that is a factor irl(though the themed decks structure of the game diminishes this by a lot)

But the anime? Not even. Especially because almost all duelists play exclusive archetypes with 3 or so outside cards.

I'd say Manjoume would be one of the betters in terms of actually dueling (during/post ojama deck), but once again, "the luck of the draw" comes into account
Apr 3, 2017 3:57 AM

Jun 2014
Brb said:
Kagami said:

I know that that is a factor irl(though the themed decks structure of the game diminishes this by a lot)

But the anime? Not even. Especially because almost all duelists play exclusive archetypes with 3 or so outside cards.

I'd say Manjoume would be one of the betters in terms of actually dueling (during/post ojama deck), but once again, "the luck of the draw" comes into account

Its why we have to go by statistics.

Jaden from GX is the best, clearly. 73 duels? 92% winning? 2nd most behind two people who have dueled in five or less? Winning means you're good.
Apr 3, 2017 3:59 AM

Apr 2014
Tristen Taylor or whatever that guy's name was lol
Apr 3, 2017 4:13 AM

Jun 2015
Kagami said:
Brb said:

Its why we have to go by statistics.

Jaden from GX is the best, clearly. 73 duels? 92% winning? 2nd most behind two people who have dueled in five or less? Winning means you're good.

Well, OP is talking about skill and strategy, not luck (which is the obvious factor in the anime).

If you're talking about statistics, e-hero decks or cards (except neo-spacian mole) haven't even gotten to top 16 afaik (even during gx time where cyber dominated the top) so that says a lot about the deck.

Apr 3, 2017 4:16 AM

Nov 2016
Kaiba is the best character though.
Apr 3, 2017 4:25 AM

Jun 2015
Also consider stupid mistakes some duelist do, like come on what are doing here Yami?!
Apr 3, 2017 4:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
"skilled"

you mean who has the most lucky/far-fetched scripted card drows right
Apr 3, 2017 4:26 AM

Mar 2012
Yusei only lost once in flashback and indefinite lose against Kiryu because his D-Wheel broke in the middle of duel.

Judai lost to Kaiser, Edo, Kaibaman, Johan possessed Yubel and Yugi.

Will add more for other.
NeoAnkaraApr 3, 2017 4:32 AM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 3, 2017 4:31 AM

Jun 2015
HaXXspetten said:
"skilled"

you mean who has the most lucky/far-fetched scripted card drows right

The oppsoite, i mean duelists who even some viewers have no idea how to win with their complex hand.
check out "ygopro puzzle mode" on YouTube or something to understand me more.
DeagoApr 3, 2017 4:36 AM
Apr 3, 2017 4:37 AM

Nov 2012
I would say Yugi Mutou since he

Apr 3, 2017 5:47 AM

Nov 2016
Jounouchi. The show keeps putting him down as an underdog but starting off as a complete rookie, he managed to defeat Dinosaur Ryuzaki (Japan Championship's finalist), Mai Valentine (random slut that defeated the aforementioned finalist), Insector Haga (japanese champion + he had parasite paracide sneaked into his deck as a handicap), Ryota Kajiki (crazy fish guy), Bandit Keith (american champion or something), Rishid (who at the time was believed to be the terrifying Marik), and eventually Marik himself if it wasn't for that asspull.

Sure, Yugi/Yami/whatever helps him build his deck but ultimately it's all up to him to think up strategies and make combos. Especially worth noting that Dinosaur, Mai and Keith were defeated one or two weeks after his deck was made up of shitty monsters with no spell and trap cards and his only strategy was zerg rushing. Talk about gitting gud.

Also Yami Yugi fought with most of these opponents too but had a lot more trouble beating them. Jounouchi has no millenium item, no multibillion company, no god cards. Both Yugi and Yami Yugi are great duelists but they're supposed to be king of games. My butt they are.
Apr 3, 2017 7:01 AM
Apr 3, 2017 7:16 AM

Feb 2013
Yami Yugi without any doubt.
Apr 3, 2017 7:32 AM

Sep 2007
Zane Truesdale if you wanna be realistic
Jun 25, 2017 7:10 AM

Jun 2017
Rinar said:
Jounouchi. The show keeps putting him down as an underdog but starting off as a complete rookie, he managed to defeat Dinosaur Ryuzaki (Japan Championship's finalist), Mai Valentine (random slut that defeated the aforementioned finalist), Insector Haga (japanese champion + he had parasite paracide sneaked into his deck as a handicap), Ryota Kajiki (crazy fish guy), Bandit Keith (american champion or something), Rishid (who at the time was believed to be the terrifying Marik), and eventually Marik himself if it wasn't for that asspull.

Sure, Yugi/Yami/whatever helps him build his deck but ultimately it's all up to him to think up strategies and make combos. Especially worth noting that Dinosaur, Mai and Keith were defeated one or two weeks after his deck was made up of shitty monsters with no spell and trap cards and his only strategy was zerg rushing. Talk about gitting gud.

Also Yami Yugi fought with most of these opponents too but had a lot more trouble beating them. Jounouchi has no millenium item, no multibillion company, no god cards. Both Yugi and Yami Yugi are great duelists but they're supposed to be king of games. My butt they are.

...you do realize that Junichi's deck is based on luck right?all his best spells and traps are luck of the dice/coin based. he is literally the definition of a guy who only wins because of his luck.

On topic, Maximilion pegasus. only ever defeated by Yugi(because main hero syndrome),Kaiba(because main antihero syndrome), and Mai because of cheating using Orichalcus. Literally invented the game and defeated everyone else who ever challenged him.
Jun 25, 2017 12:27 PM

Nov 2016
FFTHEWINNER said:
Rinar said:

...you do realize that Junichi's deck is based on luck right?all his best spells and traps are luck of the dice/coin based. he is literally the definition of a guy who only wins because of his luck.

On topic, Maximilion pegasus. only ever defeated by Yugi(because main hero syndrome),Kaiba(because main antihero syndrome), and Mai because of cheating using Orichalcus. Literally invented the game and defeated everyone else who ever challenged him.

And you do realize that literally every deck is based on luck? I mean, except Yugi because the power of friendship toward his deck makes him draw what he wants almost whenever he wants. If luck was the only thing at stake, it's a strange thing that Jounouchi won that many times? Sure a few cards like Devil's Dice are luck-based but that's only a few cards. Using time to strengthen your monster and weakening the other? That's not luck. He's a genius at improvising as the duel progresses. But it's weird that you'd consider Pegasus as the most skilled, since he literally cheats all the time with mind reading.
Jun 25, 2017 1:46 PM

Jun 2017
Rinar said:
FFTHEWINNER said:

And you do realize that literally every deck is based on luck? I mean, except Yugi because the power of friendship toward his deck makes him draw what he wants almost whenever he wants. If luck was the only thing at stake, it's a strange thing that Jounouchi won that many times? Sure a few cards like Devil's Dice are luck-based but that's only a few cards. Using time to strengthen your monster and weakening the other? That's not luck. He's a genius at improvising as the duel progresses. But it's weird that you'd consider Pegasus as the most skilled, since he literally cheats all the time with mind reading.

no they arent. every duel has an element of luck which is what card you draw next,but joey's entire deck and strategy was based on luck. even the other characters mention it. he uses tons of luck/dice/random result cards and get lucky far more than possible because side kick syndrome which results in him winning. take a look at this video to see some very obvious examples of that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a87Ek0Ai8AE

as for my Pegasus choice,i explained it above,but in addition to that there is also the fact that him making the game means he literally has all the cards in the world to make his collection from,including some that were never sold because they were too powerful (like the Toon cards). his deck is as OP as it gets. sure,he cheated in the first arc,but that was because he didnt want to have any chance of losing because he wanted to revive his dead wife,and you can argue that yugi cheated back by using yami. he cheated to guarantee the results,but he is still very powerful even without cheating.
Jun 25, 2017 1:54 PM

Sep 2013
yusei > kaiba > jaden > jack atlas > zane > shark >crow > kite

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 16 Discussion

pokecenter - Oct 12, 2013

5 by Queeneugi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 15 Discussion

10 by Queeneugi »»
Yesterday, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 13 Discussion

10 by Queeneugi »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 12 Discussion

8 by Queeneugi »»
Yesterday, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Queeneugi »»
Yesterday, 3:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.