Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 14, 2017 6:37 PM

Mar 2014
eh its like 100 zaku got defeated by gundam freedom
Feb 15, 2017 8:56 AM
Mar 2012
It's "over 9000"!!
Much rejoicing this episode.
Daughter photo seems important, and dude has deathflag waiting.
Zombie-X was creepy.
Feb 15, 2017 10:00 AM
Jul 2015
shimada_m said:
If Tanya doesn't have a decent enemy who matches her power I'll be sure to drop this show to misery.

There will be one, but I'm not sure wheather she can grow up to be a decent enemy of Tanya in the remaining 6 episodes.
Feb 15, 2017 6:15 PM

Mar 2013
This show is the best thing ever, I swear I never liked military shows but this one is the exception. I don't like Tanya's personality but I do like her as a character and her skills are damn crazy.
Feb 15, 2017 7:39 PM

Feb 2010
dat death flag pulling out a photo of family in a war....
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 16, 2017 5:01 AM

Dec 2016
Last episode was a little meh for me, but this one... damn, sooo good. Hope their week off helps them keep the show on the right track. I will be so disappointed if the second half tanks.

And yes, that after credits scene was a deliciously evil. Love this show's sadistic humor.
Feb 16, 2017 10:37 AM
May 2012
Really intense episode. Tanya has the power of protagonism. lol
Feb 17, 2017 11:33 PM

Jan 2014
I wonder if she had considered a final solution to her problem and the war?

I know that she may just be a single Major in the war but being originally from Japan, I'm sure she had considered the effects on war from a superior deterrent. Aka. a nuclear device or even better.... a magically infused nuclear bomb.

The events of Nagasaki and Hiroshima essentially ended WW2 and placed the US in a position of near-unchallenged power (until other countries got the designs as well). Dropping hints to that crazed scientist colleague could lead to the development and employment of such a weapon, guaranteeing Not-Germany's rule over the European continent.
Feb 20, 2017 5:17 AM

Jul 2008
So X has set the world against Tanya for being a non believer, what a petty being it is.
Feb 20, 2017 7:19 AM

Jan 2013
damn episode 6.5 week wasted dangit
Feb 20, 2017 3:47 PM
Feb 2017
JustDan said:

I know that she may just be a single Major in the war but being originally from Japan, I'm sure she had considered the effects on war from a superior deterrent. Aka. a nuclear device or even better.... a magically infused nuclear bomb.

The events of Nagasaki and Hiroshima essentially ended WW2 and placed the US in a position of near-unchallenged power (until other countries got the designs as well). Dropping hints to that crazed scientist colleague could lead to the development and employment of such a weapon, guaranteeing Not-Germany's rule over the European continent.
Although Tanya can be consider smart, but she is not a genius and more of an Intellectual with a twisted personality, so she probably will never consider anything about the war other then how she is going to survive it. In case the empire loses, she will probably just bail on them like she did in the Web Novel.
Feb 20, 2017 5:01 PM

Jan 2014
pall_haigoli said:
JustDan said:

Although Tanya can be consider smart, but she is not a genius and more of an Intellectual with a twisted personality, so she probably will never consider anything about the war other then how she is going to survive it. In case the empire loses, she will probably just bail on them like she did in the Web Novel.

So Tanya only wants a comfortable life, not the most comfortable life (Not-Germany the winner)?

Okay, makes sense. I guess if Not-Germany loses, she may get leniency being a child and all. However, with her being such an ace-mage who has killed hundreds to thousands, they might still sentence her in military court. As long as she doesn't break international law, she'll be fine.
Feb 23, 2017 2:05 AM

Oct 2008
Damn! still badass epic episode!
Tanya dislikes Secondhand smoke!
5/5!

Feb 23, 2017 10:56 PM

May 2015
This have shitty premise (especially god involvement). But we just watch it because the fight scene
"If you don’t like a rule… Just follow it… Reach the top… And change the rule." -adolf hitler
Mar 3, 2017 3:07 AM

Jul 2009
Tanya is amazing!
Mar 4, 2017 6:42 PM

Feb 2013
Epic.

Tanya has some powerful spells/prayers.
Apr 7, 2017 10:07 AM

Apr 2015
Phosphobos said:
In conclusion, god is a total jerk and has a lot of free time.

You summed up being x perfectly.

The secondhand smoking at the end tho... Probably my favorite part of this episode.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 7, 2017 2:49 PM

May 2012
Another great episode, really intense and just fantastic pacing! Let's see what's next.
May 2, 2017 5:46 PM

Feb 2012
So the Entete Alliance is the Allied Kingdom and the Republic. Which nation is the counterpart to Austro Hungary? So the foreign bombers Tanya's battalion faced were from the Allied Kingdom, I guess?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 21, 2017 8:54 PM

May 2013
Strawberrycake48 said:
Okay, that scene with Being X possessing the corpse kinda creeped me out O_O

LOL that was hella creepy! xDD
Jul 28, 2017 12:20 AM

May 2016
Comparing the standard mage troops to Tanya's Battalion showed a very large difference in both their powers~ I wonder who ended up paying for the alcohol in the end lol.

As if Tanya's explosive hello and goodbye takedown wasn't awesome enough, that one-bullet multi-kill was the icing on the cake. Or was it her immediate annihilation of the observation hut the icing... It was so good ♥

Using a dead meat puppet to taunt someone and turn the whole world against them because they don't acknowledge you is the definition of a sadistic petty grudge and it's a bit creepy. They showed that the enemy is human too and has families. But the real menace here is secondhand smoke lmao

Aug 9, 2017 9:38 PM

Mar 2015
The 203rd Mage Battalion is battle-hardened and really good at what they do!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 14, 2018 9:57 PM

Mar 2015
Damn, love me some Tanya vs the World thing. No wonder it's "The Saga of Tanya the evil" because it's a story of how the name of the devil spread around the world.

I also love the epilogue scene lol. That's me_irl stuff.

Jan 19, 2018 3:50 AM

Jul 2013
I knew there's something going on with Dakia's decision to invade. So they were used. Anyway there a ton of characters what the hell? Despite the subtitles of their labels it's still hard to keep track of which is which.
Mar 4, 2019 5:06 PM

Jun 2015
the tons of characters are hard to keep up with
Mar 17, 2019 7:04 AM

Jul 2009
Damn Tanya's OP as heck. I'm glad her squad members get some screen time too.

Also this is random but I love the sound effect of the mage flight gears!

Jul 6, 2019 7:26 AM

Apr 2009
This reality's first world war really has begun... and another one sided battle.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 7, 2019 4:45 PM
Jun 2013
so is gods plan now to have everyone gunning for tanya and that she will be put in a corner with no hope but to pray. Also im guessing this guy with a daughter will die cause he will choke when it comes to killing tanya.
Dec 6, 2019 3:11 AM

Oct 2013
Nice, Tanya went solo against several planes. Her magic is amazing.

@saengdao , @PrimeX , agreed. While there were no problems at first, now we have a lot of characters somewhere in the background who are more or less important and the plot focusing on main character - Tanya (yeah, it's obvious). I don't see much balance in it, unfortunatelly.
Feb 7, 2020 3:37 PM

Mar 2010
Great seeing tanya dominate, I was as enraged as she was when being x said that bs. Like wtf

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 31, 2020 3:31 PM

Mar 2020
X gon give it to ya.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 14, 2020 10:22 PM

Aug 2019
oh boi, shits starting to fire up now that other countrys are starting to get involved.
Will admit, although Tanya is probably the scariest and most brutal individual (especially for a 10 year old) you could come across, she's actually genuinely quite a good leader. She seems to actually have quite high charisma when it comes to speeches, her speech at the beginning was really fucking nice for some reason. As for her character overall, yeh her methods are quite... drastic and over the top but at the end of the day they do show the most effective results,
Sep 17, 2020 1:36 PM

Feb 2020
This episode just confirmed my real issue with this show : it relies way too much on Tanya. Don't get me wrong, I truly like her character, she's very entertaining and quite interesting (plus, she reminds me why I love Aoi Yuuki, her acting is amazing), but it isn't enough.
The rest of the cast is bland. Viktoriya has a little bit of a personality, but it's one that really isn't that interesting, and the rest is just... So bland, it hurts.
I do not even care about what they say or do because I couldn't care less about them, I don't know what they're doing here and why the show is spending so much time focusing on those guys I don't know. They literally have no personality. So I always start daydreaming whenever Tanya isn't on screen and I barely understand what's going on. Apparently I should feel involved but why would I even care about a bunch of souless puppets ?
And Tanya herself, when she isn't showing her true self, while fun isn't enough to keep me interested, so the only thing I'm looking forward to is more of her insanity and her relationship with Being X. I don't even expect development from her given that we already know everything we should know about her and she's clearly not gonna evolve (which I don't really mind, seeing her become a good guy wouldn't fit her character, at all). But at least when she's at her best, she's very good. So I'm kinda facing a dilemma right now because on one hand, the majority of the show bores me to death, but on the other hand, I want to see more of Tanya...
Good job Degurechaff, you won this battle. I'll keep watching. You better be worth it.
Mar 16, 2021 9:00 AM

Apr 2013
Tanyja is just too OP, only X can keep her in check with dirty tricks. Was that Visha on that photo? Looked a bit like her and her name is pretty unusual for a German woman.
Apr 30, 2021 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
Re-watching
Haha! The soldiers on the battle planes were not expecting for that to happen!
Also, a visit by Being X again, huh?
Jun 19, 2021 8:20 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A lot of the strategies and concerns about supplies/weather remind me of past world wars. Watching it makes me feel sort of sad however the battle scenes are so well done. It is hard to think that a war battle scene could lighten my mood, but there it does. Also the sound effects are so well done. My sub woofer gets a wonderful work out this episode. Good series!
Jun 21, 2021 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
I really enjoy the music when Tanya is on screen. The moment right before she casually drops the grenade in the plane is just so wonderful
Oct 15, 2021 10:11 AM
Nov 2020
This anime is PROUDLY sponsored by cigarette and cigar corporations
Jan 22, 2022 4:53 AM

May 2020
An episode full of Tanya's overwhelmingness, she's too much for these average soldiers. Also liked her take on secondhand smoke lol.
Aug 27, 2023 12:43 AM

Apr 2020
She could take down those bombers in her sleep
Dec 15, 2023 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, must be nice to be able to fly like that. Even in a world that's set in the 1950s or something, because of magic, it feels like scifi lol.
Apr 15, 9:39 AM
Oct 2017
I'm not saying I don't enjoy a bit of gratuitous violence and an evil protagonist, I am just saying the show could have a little bit more of immersion and less OP abilities or plot armor. Maybe a few more interesting characters aside of Tanya would do the trick.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

450 by Araxyz »»
Sep 16, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

294 by imwibusowhat »»
Aug 14, 7:41 PM

» What is tanya's gun sound closer to(full auto)

Kitsune_089 - Jul 18

8 by Valkay »»
Jul 22, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

148 by Pullups4Days »»
Jul 5, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

125 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 21, 9:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.