Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Apr 11, 2017 6:33 AM

Jun 2011
That almost NSFW scene was kind of surprising, didn't think they would go that far, almost showing everything.

Pretty okay start so far, though I didn't like the overdramatized tone of the show. I am also not a fan of the animation style, very flash animation-ish and reminds me of those low budget promotional video with still images and voice over.This is a pretty dang low budget show.

Hana's voice actress is terrible. Her resume isn't very impressive, definitely have to improve further if she wants to get more main roles.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 19, 2017 11:38 PM

Apr 2015
Hot kiss at the start. Already up to date with the manga so lets go drama train.
Apr 29, 2017 6:03 AM

Sep 2013
>came to watch anime
>no ecchi harem tag
>left anime hard as fuck
>what just happened
May 31, 2017 3:20 AM

Mar 2015
Interesting premise for this show, wonder who between them will fall in love with the other first, if at all?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 31, 2017 3:29 AM

Mar 2015
Interesting premise for this show, wonder who between them will fall in love with the other first, if at all?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 9, 2017 3:11 AM

Jan 2017
KidStiff said:
Japan has some serious incest problem
not her brother lol
not even related to her
she call him brother because he knew her and took care of her since she was a kid
Aug 17, 2017 9:43 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
That is some episode 1.....!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Nov 7, 2017 5:23 AM

Sep 2012
AnimeHonor said:
>came to watch anime
>no ecchi harem tag
>left anime hard as fuck
>what just happened

LOL

it sure is one of a kind rare anime again after so long time XD

kikyo1hinamora said:
KidStiff said:
Japan has some serious incest problem
not her brother lol
not even related to her
she call him brother because he knew her and took care of her since she was a kid

i guess he doesn't know where char information is :)

i always look char info a bit before commenting, at least as much to know how ppl are related
Dec 11, 2017 5:14 PM
Nov 2017
This is a beautiful world with a sad story
Dec 15, 2017 4:27 PM

May 2015
So here I am watching this show finally. And I have to say that first episode is pretty decent. Story looks promising.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 23, 2018 8:26 AM

Aug 2014
Great rain sound, when it started playing I looked out on my window to see if it is raining and guess what? It wasn't!

Anyway, she is kinda weird ;o
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 4, 2018 5:02 AM

Jan 2016
I have only read up to the 11th chapter of this manga. I couldn't wait to watch the anime so I watched the first epi and I am extremely...happy

Only thing I have to say is I noticed that the first epi kinda skipped through a few chapters and didn't cover the part where they are dating because everyone thinks they look good together. But they did say they are each other's replacement so I guess that covers it. I'm glad it added the flashback of Hanabi chan and onii chan. The story is the same and you can tell that it is consistent to the manga. That's what makes it perfect.

I love the art. It's as if its panel by panel from the manga. It stays with it and I love the water color looking clips too. So artistic. I love the manga but for some reason just by looking at the first episode, the anime has made me feel more. The manga, I can understand what's going on and their emotions but seeing it in motion makes me feel more. And for an anime to do that and is consistent to the manga is a great thing.

Already starting this anime off with an 8. But I want to finish reading the manga before I finish the anime !

This almost became a review lol I will make sure to write a review when I am done the series :)
Apr 6, 2018 11:15 PM
Feb 2018
Wow.

First of all I'd like to say that I love the art and animation of the episode. It isn't top notch animation but the art gives of more a realistic feel to it.

The anime also has a more realistic feel for relationships. It isn't exaggerated or childish like other high school animes.

But of course the real reason why I watched it is for the smut. And oh boy I do love the smut in this episode.

So far so good. I hope to see more smut in future episodes.
Apr 7, 2019 5:47 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, I remember back in the day, when this Anime was first dropping I heard the ending song and my God did it stick to me, only 2 years later I decided to watch the actual show, and oh boy, are things going to be spicy in this one.
I seems like in this type of shows, it became a rule of thumb to have some element of incest going on, it looks like this show took things a bit differently and instead of having two related siblings they had one party refer to the other by “brother” regardless, it seems they can hold it off.
I'm calling it they are going to fall for each other, I appreciate that the other dude asks before he acts though, that could be a great deciding factor.
Decent opening that has the potential to grow on me, as for the ending, man does it steer the nostalgia.
Oct 12, 2019 3:47 AM

Oct 2013
this goes right in, doesn't it? yikes... Knowing the sort of anime I was getting into long before starting this, I was concerned it would be a snoozefest because I wouldn't be able to empathize with any of the cast. not so so far. episode 1 and I'm already having several oof moments. <_>

I don't think I've seen a romance anime that went so deep into physical intimacy in EPISODE ONE since School Days. So, uh, this should be a ride.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 28, 2020 12:10 PM
Mar 2020
Y'all should stan loona, period loona is amazing and talented
Mar 28, 2020 12:15 PM
Mar 2020
I love loona stan bts stan bts stan bts stan bts stan bts I love loona I love loona stan bts love loona stan bts
Jun 3, 2020 2:35 PM

Oct 2013
My adventure with this anime started on 2018, but after finishing its first episode I kinda lost interest (or rather found better series to watch, lol), but I didn't want to drop it, so I put it on-hold.

Back then I thought it was some kind of a lightcore hentai. After watching its first episode for the second time I still see it like that, lmao.
Nov 19, 2020 3:13 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Coming in with the impression that this is mere trash, I’m going to say that I’m surprised that I find this actually quite fine. This is definitely shaping up to not be your old feel good anime, and may even be a slightly painful watch. But I’m finding the direction and pacing to be quite solid. Yeah there’s your dose of weird in there, but it’s not unrealistic. They are indeed going for that no strings attached relationship, and I’m curious to see how it unfolds, or doesn’t. But what do I know, it’s only the first episode. Scums wish has 11 more episodes to subvert my expectations from bad to good

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 5, 2021 1:36 AM

Jan 2018
The OP and ED are both catchy. Good first episode. This is the first anime I'm gonna be watching with this kind of story. Interesting. I assume the blonde kid likes the main guy then the long red haired girl is a lesbian cause she likes the main girl. Just from what I saw in OP.
Sep 29, 2021 4:04 PM
Aug 2020
Pretty good start. The OP and ED was pretty catchy.
I liked the first episode of this anime because it was new concept in romance genre. It was pretty interesting to see how they both used each other to fill in the blank space and imagining their crush. It’s not like other romance animes where it stars off with two main characters not familiar with each other, but as they do get to know each other, they feel attracted and starts liking each other.
Overall, it was a good start, new concept to me.
7 or 8/10 for the first episode.
Nov 13, 2021 9:40 AM
Aug 2021
straight up to the point without wasting any time. thought I was watching some well animated hentai in some of those scenes though. op/ed are preety cool, with those constant key changes (op is jumpimg between D minor and B minor, ed has Db major verse and chorus in Ab major). this should be pretty interesting.
Cabbage_CatNov 13, 2021 9:50 AM
Feb 4, 2022 5:59 AM
Feb 2022
Hmmm Fvck yall youre kinda sus
Mar 7, 2022 9:55 PM

Jul 2021
Everyone is a scum, I'm expecting a scum. Love these stories.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 8, 2023 12:26 AM
Aug 2020
depressing and revolting while simultaneously fascinating and intriguing
Apr 17, 2023 11:37 PM
Jan 2021
It seems painful.
Jun 7, 2023 3:41 AM
Dec 2022
wtf is this, but ok
Jul 17, 2023 9:36 PM

Oct 2021
What does a pretty depressing episode need when it's bumming you down? Sex. That's all you need to spice up this episode. It's a pretty basic premise: a guy and a girl can't date the persons they're crushing on. So, their solution? Date each other. They're moping around one another anyway; so, why not just try it and try this and that with one another.

I'm intrigued with the series, but episode 1 didn't hooked me enough to the point that I'd dropped my jaw. Also, the reason why I'm forcing myself trying very hard to watch this series is so that I can have an idea of Mengo Yokoyari's previous work. I am reading the Scum's Wish manga while watching this anime so I can get a better idea of the series.

Mengo's previous works intrigued me. That's why, I'm not just going for the anime; rather, the source material of this series. Also, I'd like to keep blind on this series for as much as possible to increase the surprise factor while watching each episode.
marquinti2Jul 20, 2023 8:09 PM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 20, 2023 7:59 PM
Apr 2021
marquinti2 said:
What does a pretty depressing episode need when it's bumming you down? Sex. That's all you need to spice up this episode. It's a pretty basic premise: a guy and a girl can't date the persons they're crushing on. So, their solution? Date each other. They're moping around one another anyway; so, why not just try it and try this and that with one another.

I'm intrigued with the series, but episode 1 didn't hooked me enough to the point that I'd dropped my jaw. Also, the reason why I'm forcing myself to watch this series is so that I can have an idea of Mengo Yokoyari's previous work. I am reading the Scum's Wish manga while watching this anime so I can get a better idea of the series.

Mengo's previous works intrigued me. That's why, I'm not just going for the anime; rather, the source material of this series. Also, I'd like to keep blind on this series for as much as possible to increase the surprise factor while watching each episode.

Gotcha! Actually, all I was thinking about after watching episode 1 was not the story, but how to build the time machine. Damn it. Is this really the kind of anime to watch with someone you just met? I've never seen a rom-com like this before.
Jul 20, 2023 8:13 PM

Oct 2021
immanuel- said:
marquinti2 said:

I'm intrigued with the series, but episode 1 didn't hooked me enough to the point that I'd dropped my jaw. Also, the reason why I'm forcing myself to watch this series is so that I can have an idea of Mengo Yokoyari's previous work. I am reading the Scum's Wish manga while watching this anime so I can get a better idea of the series.

Gotcha! Actually, all I was thinking about after watching episode 1 was not the story, but how to build the time machine. Damn it. Is this really the kind of anime to watch with someone you just met? I've never seen a rom-com like this before.
As long as we enjoy what we watch, that's all that matters. And, lol! Why buiild a time machine? So we can go back to 2017 when the show initially aired? 😂 I supposed, there are many anime like Kuzu no Honkai. We're not just super aware what they are because they became unpopular.

Marianne

Jul 21, 2023 1:10 AM

Jul 2012
It just ep1 and we've seen so much stupidity (a reason for this drama to work)..
The boy said that they haven't segs yet, but kiss also count as a segs u lucky sukebe!! 🗿

I'am guessing that if this anime cannot gets more than 9's rating from me..
Let's see more..

Jul 22, 2023 1:08 PM
Jul 2023
Awsome
Bdhdjdjdjdndnr
Jul 23, 2023 8:52 PM
Apr 2021
marquinti2 said:
immanuel- said:

As long as we enjoy what we watch, that's all that matters. And, lol! Why buiild a time machine? So we can go back to 2017 when the show initially aired? 😂 I supposed, there are many anime like Kuzu no Honkai. We're not just super aware what they are because they became unpopular.
Absolutely right! There are many diamonds in the dirt. It would be a great pleasure to find them with you.
What's even more surprising is that OP is one of the Japanese songs I've heard the most. I really love it. I never once thought about watching cartoons even once.
Jul 27, 2023 5:36 AM

Oct 2021
immanuel- said:
marquinti2 said:
Absolutely right! There are many diamonds in the dirt. It would be a great pleasure to find them with you.
What's even more surprising is that OP is one of the Japanese songs I've heard the most. I really love it. I never once thought about watching cartoons even once.

Diamonds in the Dirt may be an overstatement for Kuzu no Honkai as it didn't create a buzz when it first aired nor is it creating a buzz now just because the source material is penned by Mengo Yokoyari.

I have never heard of the Kuzu no Hokai opening theme song before. This is my first time hearing / listening to this song. I cannot find the Easter eggs in the opening nor ending theme song of the anime cause I haven't finished reading the source material yet.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I will continue to watch Kuzu no Honkai and keep posting my thoughts on the episode discussions of the anime. 😊

Marianne

Aug 1, 2023 6:44 PM
Apr 2021
marquinti2 said:
immanuel- said:

Diamonds in the Dirt may be an overstatement for Kuzu no Honkai as it didn't create a buzz when it first aired nor is it creating a buzz now just because the source material is penned by Mengo Yokoyari.

I have never heard of the Kuzu no Hokai opening theme song before. This is my first time hearing / listening to this song. I cannot find the Easter eggs in the opening nor ending theme song of the anime cause I haven't finished reading the source material yet.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I will continue to watch Kuzu no Honkai and keep posting my thoughts on the episode discussions of the anime. 😊
You are absolutely right. There was a meme about Akane.

"Akane..."
Boo-nah. The man said with a disgusted look.
"Akane Kurokawa."
The man got excited and said boo-yah.

Now I got it. Haha.
Nov 5, 2023 11:37 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to immanuel-
marquinti2 said:
immanuel- said:

You are absolutely right. There was a meme about Akane.

"Akane..."
Boo-nah. The man said with a disgusted look.
"Akane Kurokawa."
The man got excited and said boo-yah.

Now I got it. Haha.
@immanuel- I have paused reading Scum's Wish and have paused watching Scum's Wish as life priorities got in the way. I'll resume the series in the next two months perhaps when I have some free time. This is also my first time jumping to my MAL Notifications. I have stopped checking my unread MAL Notifications in the past 3 months because life priorities should come first.

Marianne

May 11, 7:00 PM
Jan 2017
made me uncomfortable
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

434 by Anairo2808 »»
May 29, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.