Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2016 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This might be the strangest episode up to date imo.

Not because of the talking segment but the background audience...just weird.
Sep 21, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
W-Wait... what just happened at the end? Did... did she get reborn as a boy?
Sep 21, 2016 12:17 PM

Mar 2013
yeah that background was a little disturbing I don't know why but it was. this entire episode was so weird they arrive encounter a group of enemies one decides to sacrifice herself as cliche as that is this one felt off in more ways than one mainly because they went into a skit and then went into the sacrifice.

so in the end urara became a boy in order to save her mom? how the hell does that make any sense? how does your gender save your mom? If I remember correctly (and I probably don't) Urara's mom sacrificed herself to naria in order to save urara. I do have a theory though but because urara was a still born (I have no idea what a still born is so feel free to correct me if I get this wrong) she hadn't fully developed yet and was originally going to be a boy. that would explain the gender change and her still being friends with the other two (I honestly forgot there names). but when you think about it a world without magical girls doesn't change anything when you think about it. the naria world simply granted her mother's wish removing that world entirely doesn't change the fact she was a still born (again don't know what a still born is so again feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). if anything urara might not have been born if it wasn't for her mothers wish so I have another theory urao is actually urara's brother/herself reincarnated seeing as how her mother says that it's as if he is living for two and you can hear a faint cry as she says it meaning urara didn't make it.

then again I just rewatched it and actually that is in fact what happened so ignore everything above because I'm not deleting it.

this actually could have been good if they focused on the story instead of finding ways to save money because I can't be the only one who thinks they tried everything and anything to cut costs in making this maybe I'm wrong and this is the best they could do. ok I am talking way too much about an anime that doesn't deserve to be talked about this much.
Sep 21, 2016 12:46 PM

Mar 2013
One girl went Arrahu Akubaru and the other one served as an example of "Rock falls, everyone dies".

Well, it definitely wasn't a good show, but for what it was (a cheap series, done in Miku Miku Dance with improvised dialogs and movements of the characters, following movements of the voice actresses) it was mildly entertaining, although improvisation was quite often cringey. I'll give it 4/10, since I'm feeling generous and there was a couple of moments in the show that made me smile.
Sep 21, 2016 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was so strange!

That ending, Urara was reborn as a boy!
Sep 21, 2016 2:28 PM
Jul 2018

Loved the Tesagure reference.
And I loved this episode and anime too. 10/10, I can't wait to see what Ishidate Koutarou will do next time.

FallenEntity said:

this actually could have been good if they focused on the story instead of finding ways to save money because I can't be the only one who thinks they tried everything and anything to cut costs in making this maybe I'm wrong and this is the best they could do. ok I am talking way too much about an anime that doesn't deserve to be talked about this much.

They weren't trying to cut costs or anything like that. This anime is intended to be some kind of nonsensical parody of mahou shoujo. Being trashy was the purpose of the whole anime.
Sep 21, 2016 3:38 PM

Mar 2013
underr said:

They weren't trying to cut costs or anything like that. This anime is intended to be some kind of nonsensical parody of mahou shoujo. Being trashy was the purpose of the whole anime.

it felt that way at first to me but then later down the line probably by episode 3 or 4 is when it didn't even feel like it was trying to parody anything. and about the whole thing about it purposely being bad I don't know that sounds made up to me. is there like an article or something to prove it was meant to be bad because my brain won't let me accept that someone would purposely try to make a bad anime.
Sep 21, 2016 6:04 PM
Apr 2016
I'll give the show this much, this was by far the strangest episode I have seen in a while and I have seen a couple of strange things

Sep 21, 2016 10:40 PM

Jan 2011
It's no Tesagure, but it was alright.
Sep 22, 2016 1:25 PM

Dec 2014
Urara went full Madoka. It was okay after getting used to it.
Sep 22, 2016 9:25 PM

Jun 2008
This was on track to get my first ever 1/10 but it kind of grew on me so... 3/10.
Sep 23, 2016 7:26 AM
Sep 2013
I don't get the ending. So this series was quite bad, but I loved the positiveness throughout the episodes.

AntonKutovoi said:
One girl went Arrahu Akubaru

Gotta rename this show to "Mahou Shoujo Sharia Girls"
Oct 31, 2016 12:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Confirmed, this series is i a top of my ten worst series. Bad, very bad series.
Static animation, boring and absurd plot and characters without life and atractive.
This last episode is a big joke, for cry, but of pain!!!

0.1/10 xD
Dec 6, 2016 3:28 PM
Mar 2012
omg plot twists. Mom is villain & Urara reborn as boy to save her, so heartwarming lol! Some penguindrum flashbacks.
Ugh, a few jokes were funny, 2d art was quite alright, 3d atrocious but mocap u get the live adlib motions & matching voices, they feel more "alive"? just with lots of jitter & awkward crab poses.
Dec 21, 2016 4:58 AM

Mar 2015
I dont get the ending in a good way.

ED Song: 3/5

3.1/5

Overall: 6/10
Mar 9, 2017 6:38 AM

Jan 2017
Actually, this series is my top 50 disliked anime series. The anime I didn't take a liking to...

The story is weird which is make me can't stand that, animation very very terrible and cancer, characters are idiot, incurable and the voice is so annoying and joke.

WTF the ending? This episode is my worst, I don't need to crying and this series make me pain.

0.1/10 scores - XD
Chi_Ho_LauMay 8, 2017 9:52 AM
Oct 14, 2017 7:07 PM

Aug 2016
I never expected one of the characters to kamikaze the enemies. I think my opinion of the show just improved.

Overall I thought it was a great anime, kind of disappointed how low the rating for it is to be honest
Oct 17, 2017 5:44 PM

Jul 2012
Doing homework has never been this random while marathoning this weird gen just because it have the "mahou shoujo" in it. XD (And I have a semi goal to watch every mahou shoujo on CR.) This went weird for me but I guess as long Urara is born a male like her father, she can't be a magical girl.

It's a trashy anime on purpose but why does this makes me think so much, guh!!! (This is semi-D.N.Angel all over again!!!!)

At least what I like about the "anime" is the hand drawn scenes and that last sketch animation....

To much suffering. XD At least one short MG gen done.

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Mar 29, 2020 3:40 PM
May 2019
This was a rather strange show and somewhat hard to sit through. Glad it ended.
Nov 6, 2022 11:12 AM
May 2022
So freaking glad my suffering has ended when I finished this show about two months ago

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2016

66 by Beto_Ache »»
Dec 5, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

20 by Shade_Genkai »»
Apr 30, 2023 9:51 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

8 by GierPure »»
Aug 8, 2021 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2016

8 by Chi_Ho_Lau »»
Mar 9, 2017 5:47 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2016

12 by Chi_Ho_Lau »»
Mar 9, 2017 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.