Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 2, 2017 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
Probably the best One Piece movie so far. I liked:
- Akainu - haven't seen him a lot since Marineford
- Rob Lucci - didn't expect him to get his reveal in the movie, though if this wasn't filler Sabo would've destroyed him lol
- Carina - while it was a bit obvious that she was one of the good guys from the first time she appeared, she had a pretty cool personality... and gave some good fanservice ;)
- Baccarat - her ability was pretty interesting, but she got defeated in a pretty dumb way... also a hottie :3

The antagonist was a bit disappointing though... dressed like Doflamingo, had a god complex like Enel and got defeated like Crocodile. But didn't even come close to those three in terms of awesomeness.
Jan 10, 2018 12:34 PM
Apr 2014
Not as good as Z and strong world but fun movie nontheless
Plot is the same regurgitated free the <place> from tyrant, but the eye candy and fights were very good looking, and this kinda of plot is serviceable in a 2 hours movie as opposed to the drag snail pace that is Dressrosa.
7/10, if it weren't for the amazing looking artistic direction, this movie would be a lot worse.
Jan 21, 2018 1:05 AM

May 2016
The movie looked amazing ♡ So much luxury and grandeur with a despairful look underneath.

They sure did the fans a service by making this. It was awesome to see the Straw Hats fight, gamble and have several outfit changes as they go by.

Tesoro's story was surprisingly grim. I wonder where Stella is now. Hope she ain't tossed aside by those Celestial Dragons-eh

Carina stole the whole island lol Lucky xD

Apr 26, 2018 7:12 AM
Mar 2017
it is a good movie but I hate to say it I will give it 1 only for made luffy in dark about the plan. Fuck this. I just can't take it.
Jan 24, 2019 4:29 PM

Jun 2012
It wouldve been nice as a filler arc instead of a movie. It felt really rushed to me.
Apr 3, 2019 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
Beautiful opening scene!
Lmao "Wacky Races" in One Piece :D
Seems like a waste to just keep breaking the bells lol
Carina is cute as hell!
Oh god, Spandex is back ... AND Lucci is back!
Definitely an Ocean's Eleven vibe when she explained the plan, even with the music ^^
I knew they'd play the "not a living thing" with Brook, still funny :D
This Raise Max guy and his gang, what legends, stopping the fan like that.
Carina coming through at the end!
Baccarat got defeated in a silly way honestly, didn't like that.
Lmao BAITED at the end!
I actually felt bad for Tesoro, his backstory is quite depressing and just shows us hoiw he eventually got to where he was.

Amazing film, lots of cool moments, visuals were a spectacle ... Literally!
Animation was topnotch but they usually go all-out with the films.

9/10
Aug 8, 2019 6:19 PM
Nov 2009
Now this was a fun movie. Usopp impersonating the Celestial Dragon was hilarious, ehhh! Although to be honest I was more interested in the Sabo VS Rob Lucci fight than the main battle. Still I enjoyed this a lot.
Oct 20, 2019 11:50 PM

Aug 2018
This is the best one piece movie ever
I enjoy watch it a lot
Mar 25, 2020 9:50 AM
Oct 2012
Barely lasted through the whole movie. 2 hours of nothing but regurgiating the same old themes and tropes we've seen in One Piece dozens of times now. The villains, setting, animation, side characters, the fights, comedy - everything about this movie was horribly mediocre.
May 29, 2020 6:01 AM
May 2020
It was a fun movie. It's not my favorite One Piece movie but it was still enjoyable. 7/10
May 30, 2020 8:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was one entertaining ride! It's amazing how much money goes into the making of these One Piece Movies because they're just a fabulous treat for the eyes.

Add Yuki Hayashi-sensei to the mix and the Soundtracks couldn't possibly disappoint. Seriously, the mix of glorious animation, fantastic music and the theme of the movie was just brilliant! I'm a little surprised that this was received a tad bit poorer than Film Z (according to Japanese Box Office and here on MAL too).

Story-wise, it wasn't anything special. One Piece movies clearly aren't trying to please its audience with top-notch storytelling but it's more to do with the journey, and this is another tick as far as I'm concerned. Surprisingly, the villain this time around wasn't half-bad either and his backstory definitely touching.

Sabo v Lucci probably deserved more light but with the Movie being 2 hours already, I can understand why they kept this bit aside. Some of the fights, such as Usopp's and Luffy's, weren't particularly great either if I'm to be brutally honest but that's just a minor flaw to me.

Nami and her thief buddy moments were really great too, and a highlight of the movie for me personally. And then that bit in the end to top it off with plus the note, that's deceiving like an absolute pro.

All round, had tons of fun watching this Movie. I took about 3 hrs to watch it because I just couldn't back but replay bits and pieces every now and then, but time will spent!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 5, 2020 12:16 AM

Aug 2018
This was a truly good one piece film, I really liked the animation throughout the film but some CGI elements annoyed me a little and I think they should be used less often.

I kinda liked the story and it was just great seeing strawhats doing something together , the main villain had a great dark backstory himself , it just sad that he became to corrupted due to events that happened in the past but there are no excuses for what he done inside his own kingdom of gold.

Really loved the Nami's story and how many viewers were probably fooled at the end, also loved Usopps 200 IQ move to defeat Luck Luck fruit user. The use of music in many scenes was also a very good.

Still I don't think that this was as good as film Z, I haven't seen Stampede or Strong World yet so I can't compare to them, but I think I'd give this film 7.8/10
Dec 31, 2020 2:42 AM

Sep 2019
It was good, Entertaining and kinda funny 7/10
Jan 27, 2021 1:37 AM

Mar 2010
This was probably the first OP movie villain I felt a tiny bit bad for. Sad the celestial dragons has changed tesora and taken his waifu away.
Mar 12, 2021 11:57 AM

Feb 2020
I thought the movie was really good. It was a lot better than the last one heart of gold. I thought that the voice actors for the new characters were way better than the last movie and how the story was put into action. overall it was pretty good.

Jan 4, 2022 4:56 AM

Dec 2012
A man is snapping.
Showtime!
Its that girl. She's singing.
Luffy and co. arrive.
5:19 Lawd! Dat Nami booty.
Dat Nami oppai as she leans over.
The Long Long Pirates?
They fired at the ship. Nami got wet.
They attack Luffy and co.
8:09 Dat Nami oppai and booty scene.

The movie was fine. The waifu Nami looked perfect as always. Glim Spanky with another good song. You could tell Carina seiyuu doesn't do voice acting (the usual tv actress/singer voicing in a movie). Her voice was so off from the rest of the cast. Also, her damn shi-shi-shi laugh came out of nowhere. Reminded me of that guy from Robin's childhood who did that laugh with her. Tesoro reminded me of Diamante because he kinda looks like him in the face (like a younger brother or cousin), but the funny thing is that he has Senor Pink's seiyuu. There was no point for some of these characters like Sabo and Lucci to be in this movie.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 21, 2022 9:55 AM

Nov 2010
It was cool seeing them do a heist. It reminded me of the Ocean's films. I also like the plot twists.

Giving Tesoro a backstory was nice, but it didn't really serve a greater purpose in the end.

The action was cool, but the fight against Tesoro dragged towards the end, especially when he turned into a giant. Zoro's fight was the best, even though it was short. His moves are so badass as always.

I got a bit bored here and there, but overall it was still good. 7+1/10
Jul 30, 2022 6:51 PM

Sep 2015
The writing felt contrived, since they never explained how it was planned out on bring out the sea waters.... Soundtracks weren't appealing to me at all, the directing is okay, but I wished the antagonist had more motivation and reasons as to why hes restricting peoples freedom. I find Tesoro to be shallow. The end was nice to say the least, overall, it's a 5/10 for me.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 15, 2022 10:36 AM
Aug 2022
The quality of this movie is amazing, along with the plot it's pretty damn good.
Oct 19, 2022 8:12 AM
Sep 2019
nami and carina are fucking gay dude, the fits were on point, and bruh okay ill shed a tear or five why not
Jan 5, 2023 2:02 AM
Dec 2020
I couldnt make it through the first 10 seconds. Chainsaw man is so much better - Vekash160
Mar 13, 2023 2:29 AM
Sep 2021
Not a fan of it, hate how they did zoro dirty here👎🏻
Apr 2, 2023 10:28 AM
Apr 2023
It is fantastic as other one piece movies, I like it a lot!!!!!!
Jun 10, 2023 11:03 AM
Jun 2023
Da nova leva dos filmes de One piece esse é o mais fraco porém não é ruim. O Tesoro embora seja um personagem pouco desenvolvido é bastante carismático

Ps: Ele tem um background e tudo mais, mas é muito feito as coxas. Não é tão bem explorado como poderia ser.
Jun 29, 2023 7:08 AM
Sep 2021
melhor que os filmes anteriores na minha opinião, o vilão é realmente muito forte, várias reviravoltas, gostei bastante
Aug 13, 2023 3:17 PM

Apr 2023
If I could rank all the One Piece movies I have seen, this would be #3.

Interesting premise, we got a cool villain who is also sympathetic (Fuck you Celestial Dragons), the animation and fights were great. Carina is also interesting.

Not to mention seeing Lucci and Sabo was also cool. They added some characters besides the Straw Hats while also not cramming too much in at the same time.

I thought that part where Nami revealed the whole plan was all an act was stupid. Would've been better if the other Straw Hats lost hope but then Luffy and Franky come back with seawater, reigniting the hope in the Straw Hats again.

Overall, I liked this movie, 8/10.
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Sep 27, 2023 10:45 PM
Oct 2019
Yeahhh Teroso become the one he hate the most, Celestial Dragons?

I can't believe i got trick by Carina again at the end LMAO

The movie was definitely ENTERTAINING!!!

7/10 for me.
Dec 31, 2023 1:43 PM

May 2021
Light years better than the prequel . Stella's backstory was cringe , unnecessary so -1 from me . All the crew looked so good in this movie and all make much more sense like the 4th Gear of Luffy!!!! It was such a fun movie ..... Also Brook looked fabulous lol!!!!!
YubisoftJan 1, 8:56 AM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 28, 6:19 AM

Jul 2013
That's ok I guess, at least it's not boring even though it's lame lol. This happened after the dressrosa arc, imagine fighting some lame gold guy right after beating doffy. Whatever

Yesterday, 9:35 AM

Jun 2017
the usp of this movie was the stellar production quality which went into it.The story was nothing extraordinary ,had seen better days on prior movies but it was fun nonetheless
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» I'm happy that Franky has a lot of screentime

Tsunamii_ - Aug 22, 2022

3 by FMmatron »»
Aug 23, 2022 4:30 AM

» Now available on HBO Max

JohanJ04 - Mar 21, 2022

2 by darkestTimes »»
Mar 22, 2022 3:44 AM

» heart of gold and Gold

NG_Chloe - Nov 8, 2018

3 by Reverbium »»
Feb 18, 2019 5:30 PM

» One Piece Film Gold's easter egg?

aLotQuestion_ - Jan 8, 2017

7 by Juan_Punch_Man »»
Sep 13, 2017 1:00 PM

» One Piece Film Gold Info (staff, cast etc...)

ichii_1 - Dec 3, 2015

43 by Otaku-Hermit »»
Sep 9, 2016 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.