Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time , some more insight on those two new Sailor Scouts.

I'm glad this episode focused a lot more on the main story even though I feel bad for Chibiusa's friend. Quite a bit of fighting between the two Sailor Scout sides D: , almost a bit creepy. About time Chibiusa transformed to battle though...
May 16, 2016 8:42 AM

Mar 2012
The hotaru part always makes me sad.

But yaaaay for this
May 16, 2016 9:00 AM

Jan 2011
Need to divide this episode in 3 parts.

The first one was so-so. Usagi changing into her Princess Form, some Background story of the Outher Senshi's and talking about the Death Busters. Uranus x Usagi scene was different compared to the manga. And I'm not really a fan of the re-used parts from the earlier episodes. Kenji-san was reading an article in the newspapers about Prof. Tomoe in the Manga. Why change it and reuse an old episode part :( Seems like Toei have been lazy here...

The second part was good to very good. Cyprine get's her scene this time and wow what a nerd. Lvl 999, she was definitely grinding on some low lvl enemies day and night to get lvl capped xD Hotaru finally revealed to be a cyborg. Dunno why some scenes showed her in a normal body, instead with the mechanical parts ;P Oh well Toei was forgetful this time. Finally Hotaru getting closer and closer to awaken.

Third part was very good. Only deviation from the manga version was, when it started to hail. In the Manga Chibiusa fell to the ground and Usagi and Mamoru found her. Here she run towards Usagi and Mamoru. Ok it's forgivable, I'm just nitpicking around. Next the fight scenes. I really liked them. Very dynamic and fluent. Usagi's the only one not brainwashed thanks to her Silver Crystal. And yeah there it comes, the shiny, beautiful and elegant... Cliff Hanger... FUUUUUU Toei ;____;

Altogether this episode was good. Only didn't like the re-use of older episode parts. Animation and quality holds up to the season 3 standard with some few very good moments. Music as always brilliant. Too bad the OST from the outher's hasn't changed. Oh well, maybe in the next Arc then *fingers crossed*

Next episode will be were shit gets real. I'm damn excited.

4/5 from me for this episode.
RaffMay 16, 2016 9:10 AM

May 16, 2016 9:04 AM

Nov 2013
Unfortunately the animation was not so good this week.
But the story is fucking fantastic, creepy and unpredictable. I can't wait for the next week. I mean, Hotaru is some kind of cyborg? Well, what do you know!
Cyprin is ridiculously overpowered. But there was pretty damn cool and ultra fucking short fight between Senshis. I hope this fight is not over.
I adore Chibiusa in this version. She is very good friend and also very polite and decent Small Lady.
GvendolineMay 16, 2016 9:51 AM
May 16, 2016 9:36 AM

Oct 2015
Overall, I thought it was an okay episode.

Plot moved forward and that was about it. I don't know if it was me or not, but that first part of the episode seemed so disjointed from the rest of it.

Another problem I had was the fight between the senshi. It seemed to be very "floaty" to the point I was wondering if anyone knew what ground was. It makes it seem that everyone is just flying around during that sequence.
May 16, 2016 11:03 AM

Apr 2011
The animation was okay, but this episode had too many flashbacks for my taste. >: Also we got some reused scenes..hmm.

The Hotaru part was really sad. They did do a good job on drawing her robotic parts to anime! I don't get why they made the robot parts vanish to skin color though?
May 16, 2016 1:44 PM

Jan 2014
And there it is! Hotaru is a cyborg, with the angst to go with it. I've had a liking for these sorts of characters since Mayuyu of AKB0048, and it'll be cool to see how her modifications impact on her Senshi powers.

Having Uranus, Pluto and Neptune revealed as working together in a sort of Senshi splinter group didn't lead to a larger union, and it's interesting to ponder whether the villains fed on genuine disdain.
May 16, 2016 2:06 PM

Mar 2013
Uranus is a Boy and a Girl?
So she is hermafrodite?
I get it right?
May 16, 2016 2:09 PM

Jun 2012
Poor Hotaru, no..im not crying :( Shino Kakinuma, VA for Naru in old anime, voiced Hotaru Mom :)
May 16, 2016 2:28 PM

Oct 2008
juliagatari said:
So she is hermafrodite?
I get it right?

I really, really hope they don't mean it.
May 16, 2016 2:46 PM

Dec 2012
This arc just isn't good...
May 16, 2016 3:44 PM

Mar 2013
WTH is hotaru part cyborg or did I not pay close enough attention? Finally a witch that can put up a fight unlike the others who did in less than a minute. Hotaru's back story was in my opinion really sad and wait usagi is already going to turn into super sailor moon? final note today's transformation sequence was 30 seconds.
May 17, 2016 2:02 AM
Jun 2011
FallenEntity said:
WTH is hotaru part cyborg or did I not pay close enough attention? Finally a witch that can put up a fight unlike the others who did in less than a minute. Hotaru's back story was in my opinion really sad and wait usagi is already going to turn into super sailor moon? final note today's transformation sequence was 30 seconds.
well it expected for that witch to put up more fight since she is the final one and at the most high level
May 17, 2016 8:49 AM

Mar 2013
kagura-pb said:
juliagatari said:
So she is hermafrodite?
I get it right?

It's more like she's genderfluid/identifies with both genders. The manga author once said that only women could become Sailor Guardians, therefore Uranus has to be biologically female (this is also why there is no Sailor Earth, as Mamoru is the one who represents Earth in the series; he does have some powers, but not as strong as Sailor Guardians, because he's not a woman).

Thank you. In the manga is not implied if she is a boy or a girl. Neptune says the same sentence: boy AND a girl.
Its good to know about what the mangaka said. :)
May 17, 2016 9:03 AM

Aug 2013
The level 999 girl is overpowered. She must have paid someone to power level her.
May 17, 2016 10:25 AM

Apr 2012
Hm, next week is Infinity 7 - Episode 7.
I'm guessing that we'll have 13 episodes since Infinity consists of 12 chapters.
So 13 episodes Death Busters and 13 episodes Dream Circus I guess?
May 17, 2016 10:44 AM

Aug 2007
As an episode I really Liked it: The return of Pluto, Chibi Usa worring about Hotaru and the end...

The battle between Sailor senshis was really good. Finally, a member of a Witches 5 that didn't die in the same episode she attacked. My conclcusion:

Mimete is my favourite member of Witches 5 in S. Cyprine is my favourite in this version of Sailor Moon.
May 17, 2016 10:55 AM

Mar 2013
elior1 said:
FallenEntity said:
well it expected for that witch to put up more fight since she is the final one and at the most high level

true but up until this point they all claimed to be the strongest and lost in less than a minute.
May 17, 2016 2:41 PM

Jan 2011
HanaeX said:
Hm, next week is Infinity 7 - Episode 7.
I'm guessing that we'll have 13 episodes since Infinity consists of 12 chapters.
So 13 episodes Death Busters and 13 episodes Dream Circus I guess?

It seems, that Season 3 will have the 4th one included, as it happened with Season 1 and 2. Very possible, that the 2nd half of the 13th episode will be a transit to the Dream arc. And since the first act from the Infinity Arc has more pages than the following acts and was split in 2 episodes, the same will happen with the 1st Dream act, thus 26 episodes altogether.

Hope we get some official info soon (next 2-3 weeks?), because the final episode number isn't announced yet and we're half way through the Arc.

May 17, 2016 4:30 PM
Feb 2015
I'm definitely enjoying Crystal a lot my only complain would be why are the UsagixMamoru moments lacking so much. I'm aware the show doesn't evolve around those two but I remember season 3 of the classic showed more cheesy moments between those two then this season D: Still I love Crystal more then the Classic
May 17, 2016 9:04 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
elior1 said:
FallenEntity said:

Quite literally lol
Lv 999, now that's what I call serious leveling up.

I liked this episode, so much content. Hotaru's secret revealed. The way her cyborg parts look must be painful.
The fight was very good, Cyprine so strong. That attack she used look sick, it did serious damage to all 3 outer senshi.

May 18, 2016 4:18 PM
Mar 2009
They are changing so much thing from the manga.

Why are they transformaing Hotary in a Cyborg?

Why they are saiying that Uranus is a boy and a girl? She is a girl!
May 18, 2016 4:29 PM

Oct 2009
doramiller said:

Nope, its all in the manga. Hotaru is a cyborg, and Uranus is described as beeing "both man and woman" (shes physically female, but has the heart of both woman and man; Haruka is genderqueer)

Hotaru in manga;

Uranus in manga;
May 18, 2016 11:08 PM

Nov 2011
doramiller said:

Things are different from the classic anime but closer to the manga and I really like it!

Like some of you, I found TOEI lazy this week. They put so much flashbacks and copy/cat some fight scenes at the end. The quality is good though.

MsCappuccino said:
Overall, I thought it was an okay episode.

Plot moved forward and that was about it. I don't know if it was me or not, but that first part of the episode seemed so disjointed from the rest of it.

Another problem I had was the fight between the senshi. It seemed to be very "floaty" to the point I was wondering if anyone knew what ground was. It makes it seem that everyone is just flying around during that sequence.

They're like super saiyan! lol

Can't wait to see my favorite senshi, Sailor Saturn next week!
May 20, 2016 5:18 AM

Dec 2015
Good "translation" from paper to screen as usual, except for the "aerial" fight. It seemed likey they were literally running / sliding on the air. Also, looks like japanese people don't read newspapers anymore.

4/5 (probably 5/5 if the story was new to me)

Finally, the awakening is near. *_*
May 21, 2016 6:32 PM

May 2010
Imo it was the worst episode this season. But it's not really adaptation's fault, it was pretty terrible in manga as well.
Sailor Senshi got caught so easily, it's just an embarrassment, especially for Outer girls. I also hate this thing with Haruka, mostly because of how Neptune put it, and it's not even clear what she meant. I prefer how it was done in the 90' anime.

Besides that nothing interesting happened, but at least it seems that we are getting Super Sailor Moon and Sailor Saturn next episode, judging by preview. Can't wait!
May 21, 2016 11:54 PM

Jul 2008
Hotaru has no limbs and I guess Haruka really is both genders....didn't expect that.

Damn this one was nuts.
May 22, 2016 2:36 PM

Feb 2014
Hotaru-chan, I feel so bad for her D: She's had a really tough life.

OMG SAILOR SATURN NEXT EPISODE???? YAAAAAY!!!! :D I feel like this was a lot earlier than in the original anime. But I'm not complaining. Hopefully Saturn will have more screen time!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2016 9:06 AM

Jul 2009
juliagatari said:
So she is hermafrodite?
I get it right?

So, this is where I'm confused. Uranus is clearly a FEMALE in the manga. I'm watching on Crunchyroll, and I'm not sure if this is a mistake in the translation, or if they are trying to deviate from the manga, or try to make the relationship between Uranus and Neptune more "acceptable "? But this is a good question: Are they considering Uranus a hermaphrodite? Are they going the route that Uranus is transgender?

I mean, I was happy with them being two girls.
-Jenn
May 23, 2016 10:19 AM

Jan 2011
jenchan said:
juliagatari said:
So she is hermafrodite?
I get it right?

So, this is where I'm confused. Uranus is clearly a FEMALE in the manga. I'm watching on Crunchyroll, and I'm not sure if this is a mistake in the translation, or if they are trying to deviate from the manga, or try to make the relationship between Uranus and Neptune more "acceptable "? But this is a good question: Are they considering Uranus a hermaphrodite? Are they going the route that Uranus is transgender?

Nah. Michiru didn't meant it literary. What she meant was Haruka is psychically both genders like teaknight stated above.

May 24, 2016 7:17 AM

Jul 2009
Raff said:
jenchan said:

Nah. Michiru didn't meant it literary. What she meant was Haruka is psychically both genders like teaknight stated above.

Given what teaknight said (Haruka being generqueer, which means she doesn't acknowledge defined gender distinctions) it makes more sense than the way the dialog from Neptune was phrased. It doesn't mean that she has both anatomy, but is female in the physical respect but she chooses not to identify as either male nor female (which is just fine with me, really). Haruka physically does not have the male and female anatomy (that meaning she'd be a hermaphrodite) so I'm willing to hazard a guess that she's indeed female, but the phrasing of the line Neptune said could be interpreted in various ways, which can cause a bit of confusion.

I mean, my knowledge of Japanese is limited, but maybe someone who's native language is Japanese would have a better understanding how that was supposed to be interpreted. Then again, I'd actually like the creator/director to come out and clear this up.

I mean, I read the manga years ago, so admittedly I don't remember much, but I thought Haruka identified as female. Guess I was wrong on that.

Thanks everyone for trying to clear this up. Thanks for the respectful and educated conversation on this matter.
-Jenn
May 25, 2016 9:23 AM

Apr 2009
wait, so- we won't get Uranus and Neptune beating Moon up like in the old anime?
Seriously, that episode was like, so awesome; moon actually had to do something on her own for a change, sigh -_-'

.....and so; it would appear that at this point, i vastly prefer the filler-hell (or heaven) that was the old anime _xD
so much more stuff happened, and yeah; monster of the week was repetitive, but character development seemed like it was happening in a much less rushed pace in that one, also the villains got to have much more in terms of development too ,_,'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
May 28, 2016 5:50 PM

Feb 2013
(queue terminator music)
Gross arm.
May 29, 2016 6:27 AM

Oct 2009
Haruka is androgynous, either genderqueer/nonbinary, genderfluid or bigender -- however you wanna describe it, she still uses female pronouns and is female coded - which she has to be in order to be a Sailor Senshi. Either way her character and her gender identity are super interesting to see, especially in this medium.
May 30, 2016 9:46 AM

Feb 2014
Very close to the manga and I love every moment of it. Chibusa's transformation was so kawaii! I really like this episode.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jun 8, 2016 5:52 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I think she is going to get their new uniform next episode?
MistyBlueJun 8, 2016 5:55 PM
Jun 15, 2016 2:15 AM

Oct 2008
Outer Planet Senshi's are really powerful but I'm excited and waiting for Super Sailor Moon transformation! That sailor outfit really makes Usagi really stand-out!
4/5.

Dec 9, 2016 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
Damn, I really wasn't expecting that part with Hotaru.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2016

103 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Feb 18, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2016

71 by MFDOOMED »»
Jan 4, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2016

49 by Netbug »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

39 by STJohn_Smith »»
Feb 23, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

53 by cristal_14 »»
Dec 26, 2022 9:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.