Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 19, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2009
LOL! It was so good! Machi almost got killed coz she was using the ritual to burn fat hahaha
And Machi's cousin wants to make her an idol LOL
Apr 19, 2016 5:21 PM

Oct 2013
mangamuscle said:
When Machi was talking about being overweight was I the only one that thought "WHAT!? I mean, we all watched Machi in her undies, where is the fat? If anything, japanese girls on the average are underweight.

The rape like scene is there to prove one thing, Natsu is not to intervene in human fights, no matter what, remember, he has no human rights so he can be imprisoned, tortured and executed and not one would be prosecuted.

if its by your standard in your country, yeah, you are right. but its not same for Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4K-VwyBhb8
so we can blame this. blame to media...?
Apr 19, 2016 6:11 PM

May 2013
KaedeKyl9 said:
mangamuscle said:
When Machi was talking about being overweight was I the only one that thought "WHAT!? I mean, we all watched Machi in her undies, where is the fat? If anything, japanese girls on the average are underweight.

if its by your standard in your country, yeah, you are right. but its not same for Japan

Yo seem to be implying that japanese are not human or something similar, because, being overweight or underweight is something that can be measured by anyone no matter your race (your gender and height do factor in), it is no art or voodoo.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/03/24/japanese-women-setting-a-tough-goal-for-themselves-as-they-try-to-reach-their-cinderella-weight/ <-- notice that the article was written by japanese that live in japan, so please no "you gaijin do not know what you are talking about".
Apr 20, 2016 5:04 AM

Apr 2015
funny episode as always, like it...
that dance song, though... lol
Machi is cute, wonder how she looks when she wears the idol outfit
Apr 20, 2016 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
Episode pretty fun overall, there are some really good situations like comedy, others a bit less, however, the narrative runs smooth as silk. During the exercises to lose weight, the song used by Machi, I remember the very ending of Kemeko DX. Are pleasing the opening and ending, the drawings are as good as quality.
Apr 20, 2016 6:19 AM

Nov 2011
SoraSenpai said:
That DJ part was hilarious!

Also the part where Kid Machi is dancing on her shelves...I need that gif lol.

EDIT:

During that scene, they died laughing. XD
Apr 20, 2016 7:15 AM

Jul 2013
Someone: I felt a little uncomfortable during a scene where an underage girl is forcibly held down by an adult male while she is wearing almost nothing
Other People: OMG STUPID SJWS WHY CANT YOU LEARN TO ACCEPT ANYTHING STOP GETTING OFFENDED

In all seriousness, while I am definitely enjoying the show thus far, the moments like that really......really stand out as a problem since its a pretty stark contrast to everything else. Adult humor is one thing, but like...fiction or not, there's still some content that isn't really necessary or in good taste, you know?
I haven't read the source manga so I don't know if it's in there too, or if its handled differently, or what, but...I can't help but laugh at people who get mad BECAUSE other people found that distasteful or unsettling
Apr 20, 2016 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
It would be so much improved if the source manga were a CGDCT series published in Manga Time Kirara. It would be much cuter and comfier..
The male characters in this series are bringing too much conflict and hard lewdness. I bet the rorikon otaku watching it are upset that they're stealing Machi's purity, too. Maybe I'll read the 2ch threads and see what they're saying.
One part I did like though was when Machi was trying to pronounce Johnny Pamyu Pamyu's name to herself, it sounded quite cute, the seiyuu is a newbie and does a good job, I'd be happy to hear her voice in superior shows in the future.
Apr 20, 2016 7:26 PM

Oct 2013
mangamuscle said:
KaedeKyl9 said:

Yo seem to be implying that japanese are not human or something similar, because, being overweight or underweight is something that can be measured by anyone no matter your race (your gender and height do factor in), it is no art or voodoo.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/03/24/japanese-women-setting-a-tough-goal-for-themselves-as-they-try-to-reach-their-cinderella-weight/ <-- notice that the article was written by japanese that live in japan, so please no "you gaijin do not know what you are talking about".

??????????????????????????where the part i said "you gaijin do not know what you are talking about".
is that a secret code?? i dont invent this shit, just heard this. there always people that believe different things, not everything are universal, ok?
and gaijin mean foreigner, its not a insult, the movie fast and furious made this word an insult.
Apr 21, 2016 11:27 AM

Oct 2014
Lol, personally loved this episode a lot. I couldn't wait for it to get animated once I read it in the manga. Very enjoyable stuff for myself.

I can see why some people found the second half not to their taste. That said, I, however didn't mind it too much.

Looking forward to next episode.
Apr 22, 2016 8:32 PM
Mar 2012
very Seinen...
Umaibo
Nice cloth details, and when she shaked her calf to check chubbiness.
Jessica's Weight loss dance lol.
"I'm offering my flesh to the mountain gods!" Machi got worldly powers of rain & lightning.
Complaining about foehn wind & Sea of Japan
Kyary pamyu pamyu reference!! Those long eyelash extensions.
03 TRANCE KAGURA!!! Awesome music, explosions!
cake
Yoshio broke the pedometer!
Natsu acting like real bear for once. Running from scissors.
No1 nice, bit tacky & western with the laurel.
No2 bear ears best, but no Ainu.
Nice cloth animation detail when Machi climbed the porch.
Apr 23, 2016 7:23 AM

Nov 2015
DJ Natsu is the best lmao

Apr 23, 2016 8:11 AM

Dec 2012
Machi Loli of the Year confirmed. Machi is just so damn cute x3
I liked the 1st costume best >.> also the one Mom designed xD
Apr 24, 2016 10:08 AM

Dec 2011
I think I'd have voted for number 1.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 25, 2016 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
ponponpon! ponponpon pon! ponponpon!

I lost so much of my sh*t this episode. My stomach hurts.
And I vote for both the idol costume and number 3!
May 4, 2016 2:51 AM

Apr 2011
I got a good laugh on that Trance Kagura.
May 8, 2016 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
POP PON WAY WAY WAY HAHAHA LOVE THE REFERENCE TO KYARY <3
And that's an AKB48 costume! Gaaah!
May 10, 2016 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
Good to see some Ainu love. It's quite rare to come across in anime.

Also, I found it hilarious how all the old people's designs were extremely grim on paper.

Mamster-P said:
better to see it in fiction than irl, and imo ANYTHING, yes ANYTHING should be allowed in fiction, if it offends you, you don't have to watch it
Coxerspaniel said:
Man was I surprised when I read how many people were offended by that scene, I can't view it as anything else but funny, good quality comedy which this show has delivered from EP1. I may even import the DVD when they come out, I haven't laughed so much in quite some time.

I guess people can have very different views when it comes to some things, if you feel offended by it and can't enjoy it, stop watching it. It just means it wasn't really meant for your type of humour. It's not much different from cliche-harem-MC falls onto cliche-harem-girl and fondles her boobs "by accident".

I'm just somewhat dissapointed seeing it in this particular show. I'm fine watching action movies, and like over the top stuff like e.g. The Expendables. Still, I'd be pretty upset if I was watching the Teletubbies, and Terry Crews popped some bunnies.
LaionidasMay 10, 2016 3:31 PM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
May 10, 2016 5:42 PM

Mar 2016
hahaha. one of the funniest episode I seen in my life. Let's make some Groove moves!~! One, Two, Three, Four, "Lightning Strikes" Yeah!!!
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
May 18, 2016 3:36 AM

Dec 2009
OH MY GOD that was hilarious. Especially the dj-bear. Desk dancing, the dress-up... so much great service and funnies.

You guys are silly. There was obviously no actual rape, the guy it obviously an idiot. Machi was super cute in her underwear. To be honest, i could almost see that as an honest societal complaint - why is there such gender and species bias on such things? It literally hurts no one to see... And if you're emotionally bothered by it, it's because you allow yourself to be. There's no law of nature that a guy seeing a girl's body when not mated is distressing. I mean i don't really care if it's me -> but that's not cute or funny. Clothing is a purely human invention. (Ps: gr8 isn't pedo)

Relax, enjoy the show :)
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 19, 2016 8:20 AM

Oct 2008
I got a BONER from seeing Machi in her undies! OMG! I'm NOT a LOLICON!
But damn! we never seen Machi try to wear that Idol dress! not even a split second!!!
5/5.

May 21, 2016 11:48 AM

Feb 2014
lol using the club dance and the workout dance in the traditional dance to the gods. "I'm sacrificing my body to the gods!" "That's body fat you're sacrificing!" xD

Omg outfit number two, PLEASE MUST HAVE MAGICAL GIRL SPINOFF FOR THIS SHOW!!!! :D Actually, despite my love for magical girl shows, I liked outfit 1 the best
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2016 1:21 PM

Apr 2009
now my favorite parts of this show is whenever Machi is possessed/in trance =w=
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jun 26, 2016 12:52 AM

Apr 2014
sexual assault? Fuk dis shit I'm out
Jul 2, 2016 4:41 AM

May 2015
Guys just, watch this episode without having a dirty mind,
that's your guys problem with having a such a mind,
of course you're going think about rape if you're an idiot who only think about sexuality

I watch it without problem because i wasn't even thinking about rape,sex or something like that, i was just enjoying a show that i liked
Jul 28, 2016 4:05 PM

May 2012
Okay episode, that changing scene though :p
May 20, 2018 2:00 PM
Feb 2017
I'm really loving this this loli.

Oct 26, 2018 2:46 PM

Jan 2010
Lazy shrine maidens. I kept thinking of Reimu Hakurei the whole episode. No armpits though. Lots of legs and thighs instead. Well, at least until the twintail magical girl miko outfit with detached sleeves.

...Seriously, what is up with this show? Oh, it's published in a seinen magazine. I'm not sure what I was expecting.
Dec 7, 2019 10:47 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty nice slice of life.. Machi apparently falls into trance sometimes?.. Also some kind of ritual, and clothes contest.. Shame that Machi isn't really enjoying being dressed up, as she's really cute, outfits suit her.. But I can understand her, others around aren't really respectful about it..
Anime is enjoyable to watch, it's quite calming.. I like this anime so far..
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

220 by Lolicon »»
May 23, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

72 by Forum »»
Feb 29, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

55 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 26, 2022 10:43 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

63 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 24, 2022 11:07 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

92 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 16, 2022 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.