Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh cool, Sawatari is still somewhat relevant in this arc.

The duel was alright, but those Galaxy Eyes imo are pretty awesome. Too bad for Sawatari's team... I mean they really tried but that level of XYZ summoning is just too much. Thrilling duel. Aster's dueling skills and strategies impressed me quite a bit, this guy is not to mess with.
Apr 10, 2016 2:00 AM

May 2013
Kaito here in Arc-V makes me really glad. And RIP Sawatari and Gongenzaka

Good to finally see Yuto relevant and stuffs

EDIT: No episode next because of DSOD special.
SweetCoconutApr 10, 2016 6:35 AM
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 10, 2016 2:27 AM

Dec 2012
SweetCoconut said:

Good to finally see Yuto relevant and stuffs

^This
Pat Yugo for being irrelevant in his own dimension for rest synchro arc
Apr 10, 2016 2:50 AM
Dec 2011
So...
- Instead of the Turbo Duel and Action Duel intro, we have the explanation of the Arc Area Project.
- Sawatari actually prepaired against his enemies, I mean, that anti-Xyz Trap and Extra Deck banishing Spell. I swear, ignoring the fact he loses nearly every Duel (to top-class opponents btw), he actually keeps getting better at Dueling.
- Gongenzaka revealing a Level 8 Synchro which the Superheavy Decks have really been missing.
- So, it's not Photon anymore, but Cypher. And Kaito is really a pro duelist, taking minimal damage and protecting his monsters till the end.
- Cypher Dragon's copy ability... expected a more impressive effect, but still works for me. I wonder how they'll make it IRL.
- Yuto still active and helpful, since he knows everything and everyone in the Xyz Dimension.
- Still no ending clip... -_-

Next episode:
- Yuya Summons Odd-Eyes Rebellion without going berserk (from what I've seen).
- And finally manages to get it in the Pendulum Zone.
- Kaito probably goes ''How do you have Yuto's card?!''... He actually really reminds me of Kurosaki from when he first appeared.
- And I don't think Yuya wins this, but at least manages to protect himself and the Lancers from getting carded by at least convincing Kaito that they are not the enemy.
Apr 10, 2016 4:47 AM
Apr 2013
Tigardrenalin said:
So...
- Instead of the Turbo Duel and Action Duel intro, we have the explanation of the Arc Area Project.
- Sawatari actually prepaired against his enemies, I mean, that anti-Xyz Trap and Extra Deck banishing Spell. I swear, ignoring the fact he loses nearly every Duel (to top-class opponents btw), he actually keeps getting better at Dueling.
- Gongenzaka revealing a Level 8 Synchro which the Superheavy Decks have really been missing.
- So, it's not Photon anymore, but Cypher. And Kaito is really a pro duelist, taking minimal damage and protecting his monsters till the end.
- Cypher Dragon's copy ability... expected a more impressive effect, but still works for me. I wonder how they'll make it IRL.
- Yuto still active and helpful, since he knows everything and everyone in the Xyz Dimension.

Next episode:
- Kaito probably goes ''How do you have Yuto's card?!''... He actually really reminds me of Kurosaki from when he first appeared.
- And I don't think Yuya wins this, but at least manages to protect himself and the Lancers from getting carded by at least convincing Kaito that they are not the enemy.

I think Sawatari is a strong Duelist, but unfortunately he has some tough luck since his opponents mostly are the ones that we know definitely won't lose since they are playing important roles in the story (Yuya, Yuto, Yugo, Kaito, not including Obelisk Force, Duel Chasers and the Duel Chaser from episode 56). I actually want to see Sawatari win against some quite big enemy even if it's just once.

Kaito did remind me of Shun when he first appeared, but Shun at least is more willing to listen to what people say first before Dueling, while Kaito is less in that matter.

In the next episode preview, Kaito probably ask the same thing as Shun once he saw Dark Rebellion, but with addition he immediately sees Yuto within Yuya, and perhaps after exchanging a bit conversation regarding this, he convinced Kaito that they are not enemies. Or Shun perhaps interfere at the last minute and stop the Duel.
Apr 10, 2016 6:33 AM

May 2008
Frost190 said:
Tigardrenalin said:
So...

Next episode:

I think Sawatari is a strong Duelist, but unfortunately he has some tough luck since his opponents mostly are the ones that we know definitely won't lose since they are playing important roles in the story (Yuya, Yuto, Yugo, Kaito, not including Obelisk Force, Duel Chasers and the Duel Chaser from episode 56). I actually want to see Sawatari win against some quite big enemy even if it's just once.

Kaito did remind me of Shun when he first appeared, but Shun at least is more willing to listen to what people say first before Dueling, while Kaito is less in that matter.

In the next episode preview, Kaito probably ask the same thing as Shun once he saw Dark Rebellion, but with addition he immediately sees Yuto within Yuya, and perhaps after exchanging a bit conversation regarding this, he convinced Kaito that they are not enemies. Or Shun perhaps interfere at the last minute and stop the Duel.

Sawatari is like Manjyome in GX. One of the greatest character but always lose because of the main character or because he is duel with a main enemy...
Apr 10, 2016 7:31 AM
Aug 2014
Poor Sawatari can't ever win a single duel on screen (I'm not counting throwaway grunts). I hope they change that at some point. It was great how prepared he was for the Xyz dimension though. Too bad he didn't consider that Kaito had other Xyz monsters of higher Ranks.

The duel itself was really great. The new Cyper archetype is interesting and focuses heavily on protection. It resembles Kaito in this dimension well, since this version is focused on saving his friends as much as possible.

The new Galaxy Eyes Cyper Dragon has an interesting copy ability.

Hopefully Yuto and Yuya can convince Kaito that they aren't enemies. I'm sure they need to summon a few Xyz monsters though.

I don't know much about Zexal. I pushed myyself to watch through Zexal 1 but couldn't start 2 since Zexal 1 didn't excite me that much. But considering the pacing of Arc V, and the absence of Yuma, this dimension arc should be quite interesting.
Apr 10, 2016 8:04 AM
Apr 2013
Speaking about the ED video clip... I hope we'll see the video clip next week, since the movie starts at 23rd, and once it started, there's no need to promote it anymore. If they still keep doing it even after the movie starts, I will be disappointed because even if it's to urge the audience to watch the movie, it's just too much. There has to be another way to do so.
Apr 10, 2016 9:52 AM
Jun 2011
Frost190 said:
Speaking about the ED video clip... I hope we'll see the video clip next week, since the movie starts at 23rd, and once it started, there's no need to promote it anymore. If they still keep doing it even after the movie starts, I will be disappointed because even if it's to urge the audience to watch the movie, it's just too much. There has to be another way to do so.
there is no episode next week becouse of the movie episode 102 will air at april 24
Apr 10, 2016 10:26 AM
Apr 2013
elior1 said:
Frost190 said:
there is no episode next week becouse of the movie episode 102 will air at april 24

Oh right, I forgot...(TT_TT)
Apr 10, 2016 1:27 PM
Feb 2015
Nice episode, welp, how am I suppose to survive the two weeks till 102 ;-;
Apr 10, 2016 10:13 PM

Oct 2011
Kaito <333

Whoa its not Photon but Cypher OMG
Apr 11, 2016 5:20 AM
Sep 2015
Sawatari has faced some tough luck, in terms of his opponents. His dueling really evolved after facing Yuya the second time, but in that timespan he's faced Yugo and Kaito. Both duels, he's shown impressive combos, particularly in this duel against Kaito, but meh. Kaito's new Galaxy Eyes monster has a cool effect, which correlates with the encoding theme of his deck. Also, TV Tokyo mentions that him and Kurosaki were rivals prior to the invasion. Be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.
Apr 11, 2016 6:25 AM
Apr 2013
richi1234 said:
Sawatari has faced some tough luck, in terms of his opponents. His dueling really evolved after facing Yuya the second time, but in that timespan he's faced Yugo and Kaito. Both duels, he's shown impressive combos, particularly in this duel against Kaito, but meh. Kaito's new Galaxy Eyes monster has a cool effect, which correlates with the encoding theme of his deck. Also, TV Tokyo mentions that him and Kurosaki were rivals prior to the invasion. Be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.

Both Kaito and Shun were from different branches during their times at Heartland Duel School. Shun was from Spade branch while Kaito is from Clover branch. Both branches were rivals according to what Yuto said.
Apr 11, 2016 6:50 AM

Sep 2011
Frost190 said:
Or Shun perhaps interfere at the last minute and stop the Duel.

Nah, Shun wasn't listed in the next episode's cast. I think the two kids are instead appearing.

Damn Kaito is brutal. Sawatari's equip cards are just so damn weak! :P But he does have some cool anti-something cards in his deck.

Well, guys, let's be happy that it's not some outside thing that's delaying the next episode, like judo or ping pong tournaments...
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Apr 11, 2016 7:57 AM
Apr 2013
Rukaliini said:
Frost190 said:
Or Shun perhaps interfere at the last minute and stop the Duel.

Nah, Shun wasn't listed in the next episode's cast. I think the two kids are instead appearing.

Damn Kaito is brutal. Sawatari's equip cards are just so damn weak! :P But he does have some cool anti-something cards in his deck.

Well, guys, let's be happy that it's not some outside thing that's delaying the next episode, like judo or ping pong tournaments...

Two kids? You mean the refugees from before or the new boy and girl characters (Allen and Sayaka)?

Wait, the cast for episode 102 is already announced?! Where can I see it?
Apr 11, 2016 9:20 AM

Sep 2011
Frost190 said:
Two kids? You mean the refugees from before or the new boy and girl characters (Allen and Sayaka)?

Yeah, the two new kids shown in the OP, Allen and Sayaka. I was kinda basing it on the description of 102 which said something along the lines of
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Apr 11, 2016 9:42 AM
Apr 2013
Rukaliini said:
Frost190 said:

Yeah, the two new kids shown in the OP, Allen and Sayaka. I was kinda basing it on the description of 102 which said something along the lines of

Oh, you mean that one. Since you said Shun wasn't list in the next episode cast, I thought the full cast list for the episode is already out. But having Allen and Sayaka to appear in the next episode won't be bad. I'm curious what kind of characters they are and what roles they're going to be.
Apr 11, 2016 10:47 AM
Jul 2015
kaito is very cold and hostile towards yuyas group and i find him being more serious than serena. It will take a while for kaito to warm up to yuya and co. I think kaito will warm up to yuya and co when the xyz arc is coming to an end. He and shun are rivals and i can imagine them having a fist fight. If shark appears in arc v he will also be cold and hostile to yuya and co but he will warm up to yuya and co much faster than kaito did. i hope hartuo gets a cameo appearance in episode 103 since allen and sayaka will tell to yuya about kites backstory. yuya idoilzes his father,yugo idolizes jack,yuto idolizes kaito i think yuri will idolize ryo or manjoume if they show up in arc v sorry for my bad english

This sawatari is always being treated as a butt monkey wherever he travels and he is nothing but a comic relief character.He is completely idiot and he never win against a important character other than obelisk force, duel chasers etc. but those wins are also meaningless and they are help from other characters like shun,gong etc.
saeryukgkiApr 11, 2016 10:54 AM
Apr 11, 2016 4:58 PM
Apr 2013
saeryukgki said:
kaito is very cold and hostile towards yuyas group and i find him being more serious than serena. It will take a while for kaito to warm up to yuya and co. I think kaito will warm up to yuya and co when the xyz arc is coming to an end. He and shun are rivals and i can imagine them having a fist fight. If shark appears in arc v he will also be cold and hostile to yuya and co but he will warm up to yuya and co much faster than kaito did. i hope hartuo gets a cameo appearance in episode 103 since allen and sayaka will tell to yuya about kites backstory. yuya idoilzes his father,yugo idolizes jack,yuto idolizes kaito i think yuri will idolize ryo or manjoume if they show up in arc v sorry for my bad english

This sawatari is always being treated as a butt monkey wherever he travels and he is nothing but a comic relief character.He is completely idiot and he never win against a important character other than obelisk force, duel chasers etc. but those wins are also meaningless and they are help from other characters like shun,gong etc.

I doubt Kaito and Shun will ever get into a fist fight. Both already showed how battle hardened they are as Duelists. So if anything happen, they will settle it through Duel, not a fist fight. About Yuto and Yuri... For Yuto, rather than idolising like Yuya and Yugo did, I think he just respect Kaito as a Duelist from rival branch. And Yuri, I quite agree about Ryo, but I definitely not agree he will idolize Manjoume. Manjoume is the same type of character as Sawatari, so I doubt Yuri will idolise him.
Apr 12, 2016 12:58 AM

Jun 2013
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cipher

that explained why "cipher" effect need 2 or more monster to activated
Apr 12, 2016 7:21 AM
Dec 2011
Hidayat246 said:

Kaito is rapper xD
Apr 12, 2016 7:31 AM

Jun 2013
Tigardrenalin said:
Hidayat246 said:

Kaito is rapper xD

I don't want to believe that but the description fit perfectly with cipher effect

Looks like somebody in konami like hip hop culture
Apr 12, 2016 5:31 PM

Apr 2016
What, Kaito in Arc-V as a cameo?! Somebody get the camera!!!!
神様はその独り子を賜ったほどに この世を愛してくださった。 それは御子を信じる者が一人も滅びないで 永遠の命を得るためである。
kamisama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
For God so love the world that he gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life.
Apr 14, 2016 5:45 AM

Feb 2013
So apparently Kaito was a nice guy before Academia invaded, what a joke, they changed his entire background.
Gongenzaka and Sawatari lost,nice.
Apr 14, 2016 4:31 PM
Jun 2011
Ulquiorra said:
So apparently Kaito was a nice guy before Academia invaded, what a joke, they changed his entire background.
Gongenzaka and Sawatari lost,nice.
at least his new deck is pretty good even if it not galaxy also this is completly diffrent kaito altarnte kaito altarnte heartland
Apr 14, 2016 7:28 PM
Sep 2012
Well Kiteo vs Shingo and Gongenzaka, well we know what was going to happen. Keito was going to beat them and set up for Yuya.

Has Shingo ever won a duel in this series, I don't remember him ever winning a duel, maybe he won a duel in the Friendship Cup, I don't remember nor do I care to remember.

So Kiteo was a different person before the invasion, that makes sense, something like that changes a person.

Can't wait for the Yuya / Kiteo duel. I wonder how many episodes this duel will last?
Apr 14, 2016 8:30 PM
Apr 2013
blfan said:
Well Kiteo vs Shingo and Gongenzaka, well we know what was going to happen. Keito was going to beat them and set up for Yuya.

Has Shingo ever won a duel in this series, I don't remember him ever winning a duel, maybe he won a duel in the Friendship Cup, I don't remember nor do I care to remember.

So Kiteo was a different person before the invasion, that makes sense, something like that changes a person.

Can't wait for the Yuya / Kiteo duel. I wonder how many episodes this duel will last?

The Duels that Sawatari won as far as I remember are against side characters with no significant importance to the story, and he did so offscreen. Other than that, he won because he was together with the other Lancers.

From reading the spoiler synopsis, I think Yuya vs Kaito Duel will only last for one episode. Even if it continues to the next (Ep 103), I'm sure it will end during the beginning of the episode.
Apr 16, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2009
Sawatari did make some good tactics against Kaito but loses. Hmm... what's the point of him being with Yuya and Gongenzaka? Return of Yuto, haven't see him for a while since that episode which was teasing something very dark and destructive.
Apr 17, 2016 1:37 AM

Nov 2011
No new episode today, just a lot of promotional stuff and ADs related to Yugioh.
Apr 17, 2016 2:34 AM
Apr 2013
Stark700 said:
No new episode today, just a lot of promotional stuff and ADs related to Yugioh.

Is it really necessary to delay an episode to make many promotions and stuff for the new movie because it's coming up soon? The movie preview already included in the supposed video clip ED of Arc-V for two episodes and it's still not enough?

I wanna watch Yuya vs. Kaito soon! DX
Apr 19, 2016 1:52 PM
Jan 2014
Why didn't Kaito have a big reaction to Synchro Summoning as well? I mean... He's supposed to be seeing it for the first time.
Apr 19, 2016 7:18 PM
Apr 2013
Lord_Rutsah said:
Why didn't Kaito have a big reaction to Synchro Summoning as well? I mean... He's supposed to be seeing it for the first time.

When Yuto first met Yugo, they Dueled, and Yugo performed Synchro summon to summon Clear Wing, and then Yuto told Shun and the other Resistance members who arrived about Yugo as "Pawn of Fusion" from Synchro Dimension. At that time, maybe the words spread about "Pawn of Fusion from Synchro Dimension" to the other Resistance members including Kaito.

Maybe that was happened so Kaito didn't have a big reaction when seeing Gongenzaka's Synchro Summon.
Apr 22, 2016 5:03 AM

Jul 2015
Frost190 said:

I'll be willing to bet the duel will be interrupted.
Apr 22, 2016 5:42 AM
Apr 2013
Bill_the_Cat said:
Frost190 said:

I'll be willing to bet the duel will be interrupted.

I won't be surprised if that happen.
Jul 20, 2016 4:41 PM

Apr 2007
So this is Kaito from the beginning of Zexal except 20x worse. Great :/

Sawatari was dueling pretty well too. He should stop trying to duel people who are way stronger than him.
Nov 13, 2016 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
Did you see Yuya's face when the episode started? lol

Yuya and Yuto doing their best Yugi and Dark Yugi imitation because that's what they do.

What the hell was up with Kaito's eyes in that flashback.

Ruri sitting next to Yuto. As expected.

lol Kaito mistaken called his trap card a spell card.

Get rekt Sawatari.

Yuya vs Kaito? I'm expecting Kaito to lose due to the seniority rule being no more after they allowed Yuya to beat Crow and Jack.
RobNov 13, 2016 9:33 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.