Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 2, 2016 9:59 AM

Feb 2012
Good news fellow Trump supporters, we childless single men who masturbate to anime have us a new season of the Japanese Agency for Cultural Affairs endorsed Strike Witches! This new season focuses on a new team of magical flying kemonomimi jailbait known as the 502nd Joint Fighter Wing.

Bear witness to PV1 and let your hot tears of shame joy flow!

Congratulations to the rank up on your Government Watch-list leaderboards.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2016 4:25 PM

Aug 2015
Somehow, I was able to ignore the ecchi of Strike Witches and treat it as a semi-historical piece. As a result, I noticed (and appreciated) a lot of WW1/WW2 references that I wouldn't have normally noticed behind the panty shots. All the panty shots. Oh dear. But, it made Strike Witches far more enjoyable as a result.

Yes, it's a long shot.

But it just might work a second time.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Mar 26, 2016 12:58 AM

Feb 2014
So now is already end of March and we haven't heard any information on this series.
May 12, 2016 10:28 PM
Feb 2010
Now that I think of it, it's kind of a Kancolle before it's time :P
It's now announced to be release in Fall.
May 24, 2016 5:14 PM

Mar 2012
YESYESYESYESYSSSSSSSSSSSYESYES ALL OF MY HYPE YESYESYESYESYES STRIKE WITCHES IS BEST, SO EXCITED FOR THIS YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Jun 2, 2016 9:33 PM

Jul 2012
new pv

Jun 2, 2016 10:26 PM

Jun 2010
Hooray, awesome stuff!
Jun 3, 2016 1:43 AM
Jan 2015
Hope it doesn't go down the path of QB Rebellion and MK 2. Enjoyed Strike witches and liked the multicultural diversity along with the references.
Jun 19, 2016 7:12 AM

May 2010
just hoping to have the same strong personalities like Strike Witches..
and they should say if you want to fight, be brave xD haha
Jun 26, 2016 9:49 AM

May 2016
ew. it isn't about the 501? Nty.
Jul 9, 2016 12:49 AM

Aug 2013
Bansai !! Yeah !! cant wait to watch this again :D Mooorreeee pannnnttiiieesss !
Aug 6, 2016 11:42 PM
Apr 2014
Wait was this not first strike witches season 3?
Do i seaso this as a season 3 with new people
Do i see this as a new anime if yes will there com a season 3?
Aug 7, 2016 2:03 AM

Jun 2015
U_A_F_Terror100 said:
Wait was this not first strike witches season 3?
Do i seaso this as a season 3 with new people
Do i see this as a new anime if yes will there com a season 3?

not really, based on the settings, i guess this will take place in the middle of season 1 and season 2 of the original Strike Witches

no info so far, but perhaps the old cast will have cameo appearance in Brave Witches
Aug 7, 2016 3:12 PM
Oct 2013
It is weird we are getting this when the movie ended with a to be continued. Maybe it takes place after the movie and the old cast plays a minor role.
Sep 5, 2016 5:59 PM

Feb 2014
Storm101 said:
It is weird we are getting this when the movie ended with a to be continued. Maybe it takes place after the movie and the old cast plays a minor role.

They probably need this new title to bring in more money so that they can make a sequel to the original series. Sequels don't attract new viewers, in general.

That being said, how would they even make a sequel without repeating the same themes?
Sep 11, 2016 8:34 PM
Dec 2015
When I looked at it I was like omg there doing another one and I notice some of the girls looked similar. So I thought that it was a group of people from old and new wings forming together. To find out how incorrect that was sense Yoshika is no longer in it even though I thought she was sense the girl looks to much like her. Not sure if i'll like it sense it don't have Yoshika in it, but who know I may try watching it anyways to see how it goes.

It seems Mio makes in appearance although that could also be wrong not sure. Really hope Yoshika is in it somewhere.
Sep 17, 2016 2:51 AM

Jan 2011
They look a little generic compared to the first season cast. I'll give them a look I guess.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 28, 2016 8:53 AM
Oct 2014
How about 'NO!?
What is this shit?
They clone Strike Witches and replace the original Characters with some new shitty ones.
What the hell?
I fucking hate this age of copying good original products and trying to sell the cheap-ass clone as 'new'.
Sep 28, 2016 3:42 PM

Jul 2014
Iridion said:
How about 'NO!?
What is this shit?
They clone Strike Witches and replace the original Characters with some new shitty ones.
What the hell?
I fucking hate this age of copying good original products and trying to sell the cheap-ass clone as 'new'.

This group, the 502nd, has been around just as long as the 501st, back before there even was an anime. The 501st may be the focus team, but there are many more witches and strike teams than just them.
Sep 29, 2016 1:59 AM
Nov 2011
Iridion said:
How about 'NO!?
What is this shit?
What the hell?

If you read the novels at all (heck, even just take a look at the wiki), there are MANY Joint Fighter Wings. The 501st is the first joint wing created, but shortly after their success with their encounters with Neuroi many others have come up.

Quite honestly I am very happy that they're taking a look at the other joint fighter wings. I hope the series continues so that we see more and more of the other witches (though I honestly doubt that the series will be THAT long).
Sep 29, 2016 5:29 PM

May 2014
nosef said:

If you read the novels at all (heck, even just take a look at the wiki), there are MANY Joint Fighter Wings. The 501st is the first joint wing created, but shortly after their success with their encounters with Neuroi many others have come up.

Quite honestly I am very happy that they're taking a look at the other joint fighter wings. I hope the series continues so that we see more and more of the other witches (though I honestly doubt that the series will be THAT long).

Hey! Someone with a brain! :)

Agree with you completely, it'll definitely be a thrill to see other witches around the world and their own struggles with the Neuroi. If the franchise carries on long enough to cover all of the canon JFW I'd be very satisfied.

I also find it a mildly amusing that the main character is still a Fuso witch. Oh Japan. :P
Sep 29, 2016 6:58 PM

Oct 2010
I'm currently midway through Strike Witches 2. As I understand it, Brave Witches starts in Orussia between Strike Witches season 1 (Gallia 1944) and season 2 (Romagna 1945), so I should be able to watch at least the first episodes of Brave Witches (and I assume the entire season) without spoiling anything about Operation Victory Arrow and the movie, correct? I'll get through those soon, but probably not by October 6. :P

Also, http://strikewitches.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Joint_Fighter_Wings
Sep 30, 2016 12:07 AM
Nov 2011
Demonkush said:
nosef said:

Hey! Someone with a brain! :)

Agree with you completely, it'll definitely be a thrill to see other witches around the world and their own struggles with the Neuroi. If the franchise carries on long enough to cover all of the canon JFW I'd be very satisfied.

I also find it a mildly amusing that the main character is still a Fuso witch. Oh Japan. :P

I really want to see the 505th Joint Fighter Wing if we ever get around to that, there are many characters in there that I like and especially the commanders ace archetype!

nDroae said:
I'm currently midway through Strike Witches 2. As I understand it, Brave Witches starts in Orussia between Strike Witches season 1 (Gallia 1944) and season 2 (Romagna 1945), so I should be able to watch at least the first episodes of Brave Witches (and I assume the entire season) without spoiling anything about Operation Victory Arrow and the movie, correct? I'll get through those soon, but probably not by October 6. :P

Also, http://strikewitches.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Joint_Fighter_Wings

Yeah, if you actually saw in the very beginning of Strike Witches 2 (I'm rewatching the whole series again before the release of Brave Witches), the insignia for the 504th joint fighter wing is accurate around episode 2 or 3 when Major Sakamoto talks to one of the 504th's member Takei Junko.

Also Strike Witches 2 does a really good job at making sure that the watcher knows that there are more witches outside of just the 501st wing. Even with Brave Witches release you see they named the show to "World Witches Series" so that makes me even more ecstatic that there may be even more of the wings shown eventually.
Sep 30, 2016 2:27 PM

Oct 2010
nosef said:
Also Strike Witches 2 does a really good job at making sure that the watcher knows that there are more witches outside of just the 501st wing. Even with Brave Witches release you see they named the show to "World Witches Series" so that makes me even more ecstatic that there may be even more of the wings shown eventually.

Agreed... although maybe not the ones who were apparently killed in Romagna in the SW2 prologue :( I see that two of the Brave Witches already had appearances in Operation Victory Arrow and the movie, so if I start BW first it'll be fun to see them in those.

https://myanimelist.net/character/59095/Nikka_Edvardine_Katajainen
https://myanimelist.net/character/59091/Aleksandra_Ivanovna_Pokryshkin

As somewhat a fan of Finland (suomiaboo), I'm enjoying the rare phenomenon of Finnish anime girls, though it would be nice to also see one from Norway/Sweden (which is apparently one nation in this world).

...Canada is called "Faraway Land?" That's hilarious.
http://strikewitches.wikia.com/wiki/Faraway_Land
Oct 1, 2016 3:04 AM

Dec 2012
Anyone know if this will be censored up the wazoo? Strike Witches has many charms that far outweigh the ecchi but I don't want to stare at white lights for 90% of the show.

More topics from this board

» Do I have to see Strike Witches before Brave Witches?

BroskiKyoujin - Oct 5, 2016

13 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

57 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 25, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2016

53 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 24, 2022 10:27 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2016

25 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 24, 2022 9:55 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2016

38 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 22, 2022 10:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.