Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2015 10:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Intense episode of mecha action and warfare. Wow. This was well worth waiting for. The first half had action all over the place with explosiveness, yelling, and fighting spirit.

Also got a bit of despair as well.

Felt like that lonely gun in the snow is a symbol for just the war itself. I'm glad to see the episode give some final few movements of the main characters and perhaps the rebirth of someone new? Hmm.
Dec 25, 2015 1:23 PM

Apr 2014
Sometimes sacrifices are needed. Something will go away forever, or a long time. But eventually something else will take it's place for hope. I am guessing that is what the episode finale gave out.
Dec 25, 2015 2:17 PM

Jun 2011
Not sure if I was all that satisfied with that ending. It left a lot of dangling threads on quite a few character's fates, Mitsuhiro especially. I can't even come up with a headcanon as to what happened to him.

Really sucks that almost all the Neo UN cast got killed off. Narain. ;_;7 Billy's was pretty damn sad too.

Over the Alvis' side, no one actually died in this last fight which is kinda weird. They copped out with Soushi's I think. Him being a shota for Kazuki to babysit just opens up doors for all the fujoshi to write in their doujins lol. Seri is "sleeping" too, but I have a feeling she'll be back.

Overall, an alright ending, but a more proper conclusion would've saved it. Maybe if word of more Fafner is true, we'll get it.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Dec 25, 2015 2:33 PM

Mar 2008
The ending was rushed in all aspect, from the fighting to the space mir to the proper ending all the characters should get. Not pleased with it at all. This episode deserves 2/5. But overall series is 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2015 3:30 PM

Sep 2011
I disagree i think this episode was incredible and i went in expecting an unsatisfying conclusion. The episode blew me away and kept my eyes glues to the screen every second

My only complaint is the lack of an epilogue cause i really want to see what happens next for these characters. Dead aggressor had this some problem which is fustrating. I'm hoping theres some ova coming for an epilogue.

The issues i have with the show are the lack of an epilogue, fester getting away with it, and the big one is kazuki's deus ex machina festum powers. They did hinder my enjoyment a bit but in the grand scheme of things and i dont forgive the show for them but this final episode salvaged it by making everything else i loved about the show ring true. So while its not as enthusiastic as it was before im giving this show a 9/10

Ahegyao said:
Not sure if I was all that satisfied with that ending. It left a lot of dangling threads on quite a few character's fates, Mitsuhiro especially. I can't even come up with a headcanon as to what happened to him.
Mitsuhiro was nothing more than an extension of vagrant that found individual humanity, when vagrant was taken down by soushi mitsuhiro simply stopped existing and become a husk again. He died as himself but he was nothing more than the replicaiton of a greater being that only sought to use him.
JizzyHitlerDec 25, 2015 3:53 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 25, 2015 5:51 PM

Dec 2008
Hmm... Not to sure about this ending. I think there needs to be another season.
Dec 25, 2015 6:05 PM

May 2010
JizzyHitler said:
I disagree i think this episode was incredible and i went in expecting an unsatisfying conclusion. The episode blew me away and kept my eyes glues to the screen every second

i agree. and i can see another epilogue movie like HnE.... with the purpose of going back to Tatsumiyajima...
Dec 25, 2015 6:30 PM

Jan 2014
Everybody dies. What an ending. FML.

I was hoping for another cour or movie to settle everything up, but didn't expect stuffs to get this brutal, and emotional distressing, and concluded within a single episode.

To those who argue that the ending is rushed, indeed it is, but it has avoided a potential dragging plot, which is anything but not the reasons the show is particularly marvelous for this season.
I for one, is hoping the show won't end and last like Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, given how great the state it is now, but everything needs to come off.

The price to obtain the peace ain't small. First RIP Soushi. RIP SOUSHI
Yumiko is gone to protect Miwa so the Altair can one day be communicated.
Neo-UN troops are literally all gone. Narain and Emery fought for the good cause. While the other just resorted to permanent peace.

A movie will come in handy to explain the after stories and develop a new battlefield, or reclaim Tatsuyajima.

You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

See y'all until then. Can't carry my feels anymore.
It's been a brilliant mecha year for me. Sidonia no Kishi, Gundam Thunderbolt and this.
I'm truly blessed.
Melvin117Dec 25, 2015 7:22 PM
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Dec 25, 2015 8:05 PM

Dec 2011
So much feels... I hope they can make a movie or a short ova for an epilogue.... you know after everyone return to the island.... And I feel so sorry for Seri, she lost everything and yet still keep a strong spirit till the end
Dec 25, 2015 8:40 PM

Jun 2008
I knew the last episode was going to make me cry. RIP Soushi ;_;

I hope we get a movie or something. I don't think it needs another season.
Dec 25, 2015 8:47 PM

Mar 2013
I think there will be another season or a movie, that or both!.
Dec 25, 2015 8:59 PM
Apr 2014
Wait, what the hell happened? (not that I don't exactly understand what happened).

As is usual with the franchise, they left a lot of things unresolved. Though, I kinda like this open-endedness, it actually matches with the series' themes of continuing to live and find peace.

So, I guess Soushi and Emery being reborn also means that the others like Canon and Akira could also possibly come back and start new lives. And man, I am really craving for a happy closure for Orihime and Seri, so they better give it to me. Poor Ori faced the same fate as her "mother" Tsubaki, but at least she will have Seri sleep by her side.

And damn! I don't want to wait another nine years for us to get the proper close for the series.
Dec 25, 2015 9:10 PM

Jun 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Mitsuhiro was nothing more than an extension of vagrant that found individual humanity, when vagrant was taken down by soushi mitsuhiro simply stopped existing and become a husk again. He died as himself but he was nothing more than the replicaiton of a greater being that only sought to use him.

I still am not convinced about it. I mean, one of Burns' aides was a puppet like Mitsuhiro and we never even see him else beyond being a bridge bunny. At least with Idun in the original, they explicitly show his demise iirc. This seems rather half-assed on the writers' part either way. Maybe they had to release this during Christmas or their dates will get mad lol.
Dec 25, 2015 9:52 PM
Apr 2014
Ahegyao said:
JizzyHitler said:

I still am not convinced about it. I mean, one of Burns' aides was a puppet like Mitsuhiro and we never even see him else beyond being a bridge bunny. At least with Idun in the original, they explicitly show his demise iirc. This seems rather half-assed on the writers' part either way. Maybe they had to release this during Christmas or their dates will get mad lol.

I sort of agree with this. Some of the events in the last few episode sort of just happened and there isn't a lot conclusion to the plot threads. Also, some of what happened in this ep, such as Orihime returning to the core, do feel like a repeat of those in the first anime, though with different results.
Dec 25, 2015 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
Ahegyao said:
JizzyHitler said:

What do you mean, they showed mitsuhiro's lifeless body at the end with vagrant being killed by soushi, all the offspring from vagrant die alongside it, im not sure how much more clear you can get than that

as for burns, rewatch the episode, misao took him down at the very start with floater
JizzyHitlerDec 25, 2015 10:04 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 25, 2015 10:19 PM

Jun 2011
JizzyHitler said:
What do you mean, they showed mitsuhiro's lifeless body at the end with vagrant being killed by soushi, all the offspring from vagrant die alongside it, im not sure how much more clear you can get than that

as for burns, rewatch the episode, misao took him down at the very start with floater

I see it now. It was a relatively quick shot I missed it in my first viewing.

In Burns' case, I know Misao rendered his ship inoperable, but what else happened? Did he get assimilated? I know this is the wrong series to ask for an airtight explanation, but there's so many dangling threads that they basically just set it up as a not so concluded conclusion if that makes any sense.
Dec 25, 2015 10:36 PM
Apr 2014
Ahegyao said:
JizzyHitler said:

I see it now. It was a relatively quick shot I missed it in my first viewing.

In Burns' case, I know Misao rendered his ship inoperable, but what else happened? Did he get assimilated? I know this is the wrong series to ask for an airtight explanation, but there's so many dangling threads that they basically just set it up as a not so concluded conclusion if that makes any sense.

Speaking of Misao, they also seem to have totally forgotten to resolve that plot thread of of his deal with Miwa to assimilate her after all was over.
Dec 25, 2015 11:59 PM

May 2010
flamerounin said:

Speaking of Misao, they also seem to have totally forgotten to resolve that plot thread of of his deal with Miwa to assimilate her after all was over.

i think because it's not over yet. they just delayed the Altair conversing with earth because Miwa's power isn't enough as of now.
Dec 26, 2015 12:55 AM
Apr 2014
petalshreds said:
flamerounin said:

i think because it's not over yet. they just delayed the Altair conversing with earth because Miwa's power isn't enough as of now.

I guess that's possible. But I'm crossing my fingers that the writers' decision to leave so many things hanging in the story is an indicator that they already have a continuation lined up. Cause really, if this is supposed to be the final story in the franchise, they could have at least resolved half of of the hanging threads.

just to point, considering that the original series probably was not expecting a sequel (and we only got that sequel after nine years), it actually wrapped up everything nicely, leaving only a few open threads. On the other hand, though I still consider it better than the first anime, Exodus doesn't really deliver that same satisfying conclusion where you would be contented even if we don't get a sequel soon.
Dec 26, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was really fast, so much happened in such a small time span.

Shoushi died as expected, but I'm quite surprised on how he was able to destroy Vagrant before collapsing and even more surprised with his 'rebirth'. It isn't clear if the new kid is human or festum, maybe both?

Poor Maya ended literally with blood in her hands (again) and that scene with Miwa in the ending was so goddamn hard to watch.

Billy was a real idiot even in the end.

I wonder what happened to Burns, his ship was blocked by Kurusu and his army is under total disarray after Makabe's message. Also what will happen with Mitsuhiro ''husk''?
Jonny_MhlDec 26, 2015 10:46 AM
Dec 26, 2015 11:30 AM

May 2012
It was a great ride, but everything comes to an end eventually.

It's sad when you think that no one from Narain group survived. I'm not so sure if some of the civilians survived, but it really seemed they all died there.

I hope we get at least an OVA. I'll miss this series, but i have decided to re-watch the original Fafner since it's been too many years since i have watched it. So i still have that for a while.

RIP Soushi.
I despise woke people.
Dec 26, 2015 4:13 PM
May 2015
Too much emotions to carry after everything has happened.

I hope they'll at least give us an OVA, just too see what happened to all of them afterwards. It would be nice to shed some light on the few loose threads.
Dec 26, 2015 7:14 PM

May 2010
Kaetokiha said:

It's sad when you think that no one from Narain group survived. I'm not so sure if some of the civilians survived, but it really seemed they all died there.

remember the 5000 civilians they transported. bet they got into plan Delta too and now living peacefully in Watatsumijima.
petalshredsDec 26, 2015 7:15 PM
Dec 28, 2015 3:01 AM

Mar 2014
The ending is good however I felt like there is something incomplete. Like there is something not over yet, so I guess I won't be satisfied with this ending until there a sequel, movie or something !!

Over all it's a 8/10
Dec 28, 2015 5:47 AM
Dec 2015
It is a really nice ending! I like it. But what happened with couple Maya+Kazuki? Does they end up together?
Dec 29, 2015 12:44 PM

Jun 2013
damn all those deaths but still so much unanswered questions
Dec 29, 2015 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
There's gotta be something planned there's stuff left hanging for it to end like this.
Dec 30, 2015 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
radle said:
There's gotta be something planned there's stuff left hanging for it to end like this.
I think there will be a sequel somehwere down the line with miwa and new soushi as the main characters, miwa is the answer to peace before festum and humans so i think her story will finish the franchise but who knows when this will ever happen

Frankly i think a epilogue ova for just this cast is something that should happen, both dead aggressor and heaven and earth leaves you wanting to know what the fuck happens next for these characters and its a big flaw this series as a whole has.

IronMike92 said:
It is a really nice ending! I like it. But what happened with couple Maya+Kazuki? Does they end up together?
i wouldnt be surprised if they purposely left this vague cause of fujoshi, in my headcannon they are raising soushi 2.0 together.
JizzyHitlerDec 30, 2015 4:48 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 3, 2016 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
An amazing mecha show. The plot is okay but the action is amazing. Initially it did take some time to recollect the main story since I watched the last season a few months ago. Yet I still found it uite confusing with too many characters and some that just don't die for e.g. Maya who doesn't have any real purpose and should have been dead by now considering how bland her character is and then there other characters that disappear or revert to a baby or come back to life automagically with no real explanation. 7/10
Jan 4, 2016 4:50 AM

Sep 2013
Well, they managed to conclude it after all. So much stuff happened in the span of 24 minutes and the show's joints were creaking every now and then throughout the second season, but I think overall it worked. The show wasn't perfect by any means, the writing got lazy or rushed certain plot points every now and then, but the sheer excitement and thrill this mecha anime can offer unlike pretty much any other is enough to make it a great anime series. And when the writing is good, it's really good. Especially this season had a couple of extremely touching scenes, such as Canon's and Akira's death. Besides this emotional, bittersweet ending of course.

I'm glad my two favorite characters I've seen growing for 50 episodes AT LEAST made it out alive despite the show's cruel twists. Fucking hell, if that kid right at the end would've shot Maya I would have said fuck you to the writer so hard.

The mechs got incredibly powerful towards the end, but the fights remained still very exciting. Got to give credit to the good looking CGI from Xebec, the mechs actually look good for once.

My favorite anime of 2015. 8/10
cupcJan 4, 2016 4:55 AM
Apr 5, 2016 5:57 AM

May 2011
this...ended off spectacularly IMO.
never have i seen such a solid show that delivers all its expectations. It isn't outstanding, for sure; but it definitely is a very good show for those who have stick with the series since 2004. It ultimately delivered what it promised, a satisfying ending.

In a way, there is no sadness in death when the people can be assimilated into a new world, supporting the living ones. It feels like it is the duty of the ones who are alive to carry on the will of the deceased, which do support them from the boundary between Festum and Humans. The notion of making Festum the essence of an afterlife-esque world, is the most propelling philosophy that Fafner Exodus desires to tell all. No plot twists, no disappointment whatsoever - we get and we saw all that coming, yet really, an enjoyable one to get to see it all animated and executed greatly.

I guess it did make my hunch right about Miwa's mother?
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Dec 27, 2016 4:51 AM

Dec 2012
Holy shit at Raison holding of the attacks of Kazuki, Soushi, Kouyou, and Misao.

Shouko and Kanon helped save the one they love.

Yumiko died again.

Emery is gone, too.

Everyone is leaving the island.

Seri running to Orihime. *sheds tears*

All the Orihime and Seri scenes. *sheds tears*

After all the times Orihime tormented Seri, Seri wanted to protect her. What a beautiful bond between torturer and torturee.

I knew it was coming, but it really happened. Soushi is gone. *sheds tears*

Billy being dumb now so the only thing left for him to do is die.

You don't mess with Mizoguchi's ojou-chan and live to tell the tale.

Soushi was reborn.

They played the first Exodus ED.

2 years later and I wonder if Kazuki and Maya are together. Sui has probably been looking at Rina's booty 24/7 for these 2 years.

What a great finale to Exodus. With another sequel, the consequence was the death of more OG characters. As a lover of Fafner, it was great seeing the series return and deliver after years of waiting. I hope the next Fafner sequel doesn't take 5 years to happen. We need more Fafner. Funny enough, I finished this exactly 1 year and a few hours after Exodus ended. Hopefully, the super important announcement at Soushi's birthday event on December 27(today) is a sequel announcement. Subconsciously, I think that was the reason I decided to watch Exodus now.

Edit: And it happened. :)
RobDec 29, 2016 4:36 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 27, 2019 11:17 PM
Apr 2019
soukyuu no fafner beyond <3 2019
May 5, 2021 3:49 PM

Jan 2008
And thus ends another season of "The Human Army Ruins Everything". More then half the bad shit that happens is directly linked to NUN. Maya should have killed that bitch when she had the chance, but God knows what the rest of the retards would do without her? Probably nuke the planet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2015

42 by Tsarko »»
Jun 28, 2019 1:42 PM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2015

11 by Rob »»
Dec 27, 2016 3:28 AM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

16 by Rob »»
Dec 27, 2016 2:45 AM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2015

15 by Rob »»
Dec 27, 2016 2:07 AM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

14 by Rob »»
Dec 27, 2016 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.