Forum Settings
Forums

What GAME would make a good ANIME series or movie? Why?

New
Pages (32) « First ... « 30 31 [32]
Aug 4, 2013 8:02 PM

Jun 2013
Nihilfist said:

I don't disagree, it's a pretty obvious shonen work but it would satisfy my inner child to see it animated. As far as Xenogears, that would be mind blowing.... might just have to bust out the ps1 now that you brought it up 8)
Aug 4, 2013 10:11 PM

Jan 2013
One Of the Mech Games Turn to Anime would be
Zone of the Enders 2
Aug 4, 2013 10:58 PM

Aug 2013
Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 would make a great anime,I would fanboy all over that
Aug 5, 2013 12:13 AM

Mar 2013
The most obvious game for an anime is.. TETRIS.It will be just epic lol.But,really I would enjoy a Warcraft or Starcraft based anime.
So Far,so Good...So What!
Aug 5, 2013 12:26 AM

Aug 2013
Someone probably said this, but SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL. The theme could be each character trying to win a tournament. All the personalities would make a great cast. Captain Falcon. Falco. Ganon. Good lord.

And if it was well animated, the fight scenes....I'm done. Almost makes me cry that it doesn't actually exist.
Aug 5, 2013 1:06 AM

May 2013
999, Virtue's last reward, Strange journey, ib, radiant historia.
Aug 5, 2013 1:12 AM

Jul 2013
Laevantein said:
Suikoden series

Yep ^^, Especially Dunan unification war episode :3

But Konami is a rather bastard company that refuses to listen so I doubt Suikoden anime would exist D:

Valkyrie Profile and Silmeria would make good anime too.
I'm an Avid Slice of Life fan, if you have any interesting SoL anime/manga to introduce, please do so ^^,

Just your typical Yandere lover :3
Aug 5, 2013 1:38 AM
Jun 2013
Well, first one that comes to mind would be Persona 4, but that already got an anime series and it worked out pretty well, so yeah.

Also, I really think Chrono Trigger would make an awesome series. The DS version has the cutscenes. Just use that same style and choose a neutral-sounding voice actor for Crono like in Persona 4 the animation and it would probably work fairly well.

Some other Jrpgs might be interesting as well. Dragon quest viii pops up to mind, that one already has voice actors and the characters are already detailed enough since it's not that old. Don't know how hard it would be to get all the voice actors together again though.

I don't know if visual novels really count as games but I'm just going to throw Katawa shoujo in here too. I know I would watch that and then be upset that the anime didn't choose the same route as me.
Aug 5, 2013 3:06 AM

Apr 2013
I think sora no otoshimono because of the ability of flying, You could have it like a sandbox game that allows multiple locations without loading times or loading screens to make it more realistic, Plus ikaros uranus queen mode would be epic for loads of mobs to kill.
Aug 5, 2013 3:09 AM

Jun 2009
Harvest Moon.

I will keep repeating this til the day it's made.

Boy take over farm, take care of animal, interacting with villagers(Most are interesting in their own way), participating in festivals(Chicken Sumo, Horseback riding, cooking festival etc), finding true love...

Harvest Moon..

I can only imagine the possibilities...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2013 3:17 AM

Apr 2011
onza120 said:
I think sora no otoshimono because of the ability of flying, You could have it like a sandbox game that allows multiple locations without loading times or loading screens to make it more realistic, Plus ikaros uranus queen mode would be epic for loads of mobs to kill.

Wrong thread, bro.
Aug 5, 2013 3:29 AM

Nov 2012
Dragon quest games and Chrono trigger! I love to see that dragon ball like art again. Also suikoden tierkreis has lot of stuff already to make a good anime from. Pokemon adventures manga for me personally.
Aug 5, 2013 3:38 AM

Apr 2011
Me, I'd like to see an Army Men anime, just to see how they make it. Will they still be all green/yellow/blue or will they change that little aspect of the characters. Syphon Filter is another which I think could make for a nice game (it's way too underrated).

johnyjohny said:
Dragon quest games and Chrono trigger! I love to see that dragon ball like art again. Also suikoden tierkreis has lot of stuff already to make a good anime from. Pokemon adventures manga for me personally.

I believe Toriyama was the one who designed the characters for at least one of the Dragon Quest games.
Aug 5, 2013 4:06 AM
Dec 2012
An episodic anime based in the Witcher world could be quite interesting, as it is a dark medieval setting with monsters. You could have episodes dedicated to a single hunt and have corrupt, brutal nobles as villains. The games also touch on social issues, such as racism, so the anime could contain social commentary.
Aug 5, 2013 4:37 AM
Jun 2013
metroid could make a good anime
Aug 5, 2013 5:07 AM

Jan 2013
Anything from Bioware would be amazing anime if it would be done properly.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Aug 5, 2013 5:16 AM

May 2011
i wish they turned devil may cry to an anime, i knew that they did but it was very short and i hadn't enough of it
Aug 5, 2013 5:24 AM

Jul 2013
AirStyles said:
Harvest Moon.

I will keep repeating this til the day it's made.

Boy take over farm, take care of animal, interacting with villagers(Most are interesting in their own way), participating in festivals(Chicken Sumo, Horseback riding, cooking festival etc), finding true love...

Harvest Moon..

I can only imagine the possibilities...

I agree, but i'd take it a step to the side and say Rune Factory. Least then you have some action thrown into the mix along side all the other goodness Harvest Moon would bring.
Aug 5, 2013 6:20 AM

May 2013
guild wars 2 made into an anime would be the best ever!
Aug 5, 2013 6:23 AM

Jan 2013
Borderlands would probably make a great anime, if it had the right story line.

Mainly though, Discworld, or more the Discworld series of books written by Terry Pratchett (it still counts as there was a game on PS1). Truly funny works of art these books with great over the top characters and wild storylines and setting, Discworld would translate well into an anime. Only concern would be the translation of the classic British humour throughout. There is plenty of content for scriptwriters and producers though with around 40 books in the series.
Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions
Aug 5, 2013 6:39 AM

Nov 2012
yhunata said:
Me, I'd like to see an Army Men anime, just to see how they make it. Will they still be all green/yellow/blue or will they change that little aspect of the characters. Syphon Filter is another which I think could make for a nice game (it's way too underrated).

johnyjohny said:

I believe Toriyama was the one who designed the characters for at least one of the Dragon Quest games.
Did he not do them all? Anyway i think many rpg's have the potential to become a enjoyable anime.
Aug 5, 2013 6:42 AM

Jun 2012
The Witcher ;3 but it could look too much as a hentai ...
Aug 5, 2013 6:55 AM

Jun 2013
Guess it has already been said, but most of the Final Fantasy would make great anime.
Lots of Different stories to pick from, or they could even mash-up/// make a total new story :P ( and ofcourse other RPG's like Fire Emblem etc, same point :)

Other then that i think maybe Mortal Kombat ?:D could be funny to see that in anime style haha

Aug 5, 2013 7:59 AM

Aug 2013
Parasite Eve and Spec Ops The Line could probably make cool short series.

[[Website]]

Aug 5, 2013 12:55 PM

Oct 2012
I'd say the Zero Escape Series (999: 9 persons, 9 hours, 9 doors, Virtue Last Reward)
Because the story is really good with many plot twists and character backstory between the 2 games. They also got japanese seiyuus, but doubt it ever happens...
Oct 9, 2015 5:58 PM

Feb 2015
As an anime? Honestly anything with a decent story that could be developed further. MGS, tLoZ, Halo, Destiny, Bioshock, AC, are all decent choices.
Talidin1337Oct 9, 2015 6:04 PM
Oct 9, 2015 5:58 PM

Jul 2012
IDOLISH7

would be the best idol anime, second to shounen hollywood
Oct 9, 2015 6:13 PM

Feb 2013
I think The Last Of Us would be a pretty sick one if done correctly. Same goes for G-Senjou No Maou though I don't know if VN's count as games. Already waiting for so long until someone finally decides to make an anime adaption out of that. So long that my guess is by now it's never gonna happen.
Oct 9, 2015 6:42 PM

Sep 2015
Silent Hill franchises would be a great anime.
Imagine that pyramid head, all of those monsters and the creepy environment.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Oct 9, 2015 7:15 PM

Mar 2013
None

When was the last time you saw a good video game adaptation
Oct 9, 2015 8:22 PM

Jul 2013
Guilty Gear would be a masterpiece if done right. It doesn't have to have a connected plot. Just by animating each character's backstory is enough to save game adapted anime as a whole.
Oct 10, 2015 3:19 AM

Jul 2013
A good adaptation of Blazblue would be perfect. The same goes to the Pokemon's games.
Oct 10, 2015 4:14 AM

Apr 2015
Chess

oh wait, NGNL is doing it already nvm

SEASON 2 COME TO PAPA
Oct 12, 2015 11:55 AM

Jun 2015
Maybe Elsword? It would be nice to see where it leads.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2015 9:07 PM
Oct 2015
Elsword. Would be extremely adventurous.
Oct 12, 2015 9:10 PM

Jul 2013
TOPIX21 said:
I'm not sure how it would turn out, but I'd love to see a Kingdom Hearts anime.

Get out here! or better yet, in your dreams.
Oct 12, 2015 11:00 PM

Sep 2015
Minesweeper

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Oct 12, 2015 11:34 PM

Mar 2015
Assassin's Creed i think would make a great anime.Reasons:The story is epic and the characters development would be enjoyable to watch in an anime series.The main protagonist would also be fun to watch and his goals are really good for one.
Oct 13, 2015 2:02 PM

Jun 2013
Monster Girl Quest~
Oct 13, 2015 2:16 PM

May 2013
Blazblue already had one, but an adaptation of the events in Chrono Phantasma would be even more amazing! :3

Of course, it'd probably be ruined if it was all squashed into 13 episodes like with Alter Memory, but it's better than nothing I suppose. No chance of studio's giving it more care unless they certain it'll generate more money these days, unfortunately :(
Oct 13, 2015 2:18 PM

Jul 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
Blazblue already had one, but an adaptation of the events in Chrono Phantasma would be even more amazing! :3

Another adaptation of Calamitty Trigger and Continuum Shift would ve ever more better. Alter Memory was awful.
Oct 13, 2015 2:20 PM

May 2013
Illyricus said:
Dark_Chaos said:

Another adaptation of Calamitty Trigger and Continuum Shift would ve ever more better. Alter Memory was awful.

Wouldn't say it was "awful", but yeah, they could have done so much better. Like I said, they squashed it into 13 episodes. You just can't do that with something like Blazblue, it doesn't work. It's the same with Visual Novels in a way.
Oct 13, 2015 2:27 PM

Jul 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
Illyricus said:

Wouldn't say it was "awful", but yeah, they could have done so much better. Like I said, they squashed it into 13 episodes. You just can't do that with something like Blazblue, it doesn't work. It's the same with Visual Novels in a way.

The pace was super rushed, they adapted CT and CS in 13 episodes, leaving many characters like Carl and Bang as mere support characters without relevance. Also the animation was bad and they ruined Hazama (he is probably the worst drawing character in the anime), I mean:

da fuck?

I don't want to be a salty Cooking Priest, but I was very hyped for the anime and I was very disappointed of the outcome.
Oct 13, 2015 2:27 PM
Jul 2012
I guess it's sort of cheating to list a visual novel, but Muv Luv!

And as for an actual video game, I agree The Witcher would be awesome... So many interesting characters and a good story
Oct 13, 2015 2:42 PM

May 2013
Illyricus said:
Dark_Chaos said:

The pace was super rushed, they adapted CT and CS in 13 episodes, leaving many characters like Carl and Bang as mere support characters without relevance. Also the animation was bad and they ruined Hazama (he is probably the worst drawing character in the anime), I mean:

da fuck?

I don't want to be a salty Cooking Priest, but I was very hyped for the anime and I was very disappointed of the outcome.

Can't see your image, but I thought Hazama looked fine? That's just me though :S

And don't worry, you totally have the right to be bitching about Alter Memory. Despite my tolerance for it, it was a complete disappointment, that much is obvious to anyone and everyone :/ I think even if CT and CS had 13 episodes each, that may still not be enough. It's just a lotta content, like a Visual Novel. They coulda given it as much as let's say Clannad/Afterstory. That would have been much better.
Oct 13, 2015 3:03 PM

Jul 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
Illyricus said:

da fuck?

Can't see your image, but I thought Hazama looked fine? That's just me though :S

And don't worry, you totally have the right to be bitching about Alter Memory. Despite my tolerance for it, it was a complete disappointment, that much is obvious to anyone and everyone :/ I think even if CT and CS had 13 episodes each, that may still not be enough. It's just a lotta content, like a Visual Novel. They coulda given it as much as let's say Clannad/Afterstory. That would have been much better.

You couldn't see the image?. I give you the link in that case:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/767c8f40954bc6725b3a4128934e5d75/tumblr_mv31csfduy1spivfbo1_250.png

Like you say, is like a VN, too much content to be adapted in only 13 episodes. People bitch about UBW, and although is not a perfect adaptation, at least it has good pace in the most of the cases and all the characters that do important stuff in the route has their screen time. And adapting 2 games in 12 episodes is not a good idea, if they adapt the games separately in that number of episodes, though they will eventually rush something, it would left some decent product.

Is it like adapt the two games of Danganroppa in 13 episodes and adapting the first game in the first three episodes.

However, I would like to see an adaptation of Chrono Phantasma. Being an only game, it would be less rushed.
Oct 13, 2015 3:06 PM

Feb 2011
Undertale
Oct 13, 2015 3:20 PM

May 2013
Illyricus said:
Dark_Chaos said:

You couldn't see the image?. I give you the link in that case:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/767c8f40954bc6725b3a4128934e5d75/tumblr_mv31csfduy1spivfbo1_250.png

Like you say, is like a VN, too much content to be adapted in only 13 episodes. People bitch about UBW, and although is not a perfect adaptation, at least it has good pace in the most of the cases and all the characters that do important stuff in the route has their screen time. And adapting 2 games in 12 episodes is not a good idea, if they adapt the games separately in that number of episodes, though they will eventually rush something, it would left some decent product.

Is it like adapt the two games of Danganroppa in 13 episodes and adapting the first game in the first three episodes.

However, I would like to see an adaptation of Chrono Phantasma. Being an only game, it would be less rushed.

Still can't see it, but I'm going to take your word for it anyway. I've seen stuff like this after all.

Pretty much agree with all that though, nothing really to add so I'll leave it there I guess. Still, a damn shame :/
Oct 13, 2015 3:28 PM

Jul 2015
Soul Calibur for me all day long...
Oct 13, 2015 3:31 PM

Mar 2015
Every single Final Fantasy Series, even spin offs like Kingdom Hearts.

That would be heaven <3.
Pages (32) « First ... « 30 31 [32]

More topics from this board

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why? ( 1 2 )

melodyily - Jun 15

92 by Zayvex »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime characters you like ONLY for their fanservice? (be honest)

asureiwong - Yesterday

33 by Zayvex »»
15 minutes ago

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - Yesterday

64 by Alpha-Nine »»
16 minutes ago

» What are some kinks anime has awoken inside you?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

34 by rohan121 »»
18 minutes ago

» What's a period of anime you miss and have lots of nostalgia for?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

24 by KenaiPhoenix »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.