Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 22, 2014 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
The best fight in the whole anime is about to happen next episode. yay
Nov 23, 2014 5:09 AM

Jun 2009
they ate a lot of food this episode.

I WONDER WHAT TATARA IS GOING TO DO WITH THAT SWORD.
Nov 25, 2014 10:07 PM

Mar 2014
Wow nice episode. I like the build up they are doing. That bento box :D
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Nov 29, 2014 11:56 PM

May 2013
Akatsuki as a Level 90 Assassin kind of sucks against the two Assassins she faced.
And she didn't even learn a Teaching.
At least she ate Lenessia's cooking, which was good.

Santa's sword is pretty OP. It has freeze, buffs, and increased max HP.
Too bad the sword Akatsuki will get can shred armor and dull other blades.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 16, 2014 7:16 AM

May 2010
I am so tired of Akatsuki's "Lord, lord, lord." She keeps saying the same things, like how she is weak and all. Sure, I get it but please don't repeat it 1000 times. She used to be among my favs too.
Dec 29, 2014 8:04 AM

Jul 2012
That's one OP sword. Why is it just girls trying to fix this issue? Not that I have anything against women, but there aren't any other high level guys around to help? This season has been pretty slow so far. I really hope it picks up.
Jan 18, 2015 6:07 PM

Jun 2013
BurntJelly said:
Seriously? ANOTHER setup episode... they are just dragging this out...

Akatsuki, learn to play with the noobs... wtf, she's high level...
I thought this was weird too. Akutski is supposed to be up their with the best of the best (according to her level), but she barely knows anything. Her gear is so bad that a random little girl can give her better gear just like that. How she ranked up is beyond me considering she has never accompanied Shiro or the others in a raid. Has Akatsuki been killing random monsters all by herself or something?

Also why do I get the feeling that the new secret skill that is so "rare" is gonna be handed to Akutsuki like the asspull of the century? Let me guess, her sword breaks and she gets a new one (the one we've been seeing) but she still manages to lose. She then thinks of Shiro and then she realizes something that gives her this new "rare" secret skill.

Slow episode is slow. I could care less about the princess at this point. The show is turning into a kids show more and more with each episode. The whole friendship crap is so off putting because it feels so forced and fake. Everyone is acting like a saint for some reason and it's not realistic at all.
Feb 6, 2015 4:32 AM

Dec 2012
Are magic items becoming more magical?
Curses becoming more effective, perhaps?
Can Akatsuki get any more fucking kawaii?

Find out next week, on Dragon Ball Z

Mar 4, 2015 9:28 PM

Aug 2013
Well I guess what happen next is quite predictable.
Just a little more and we'll see Shiroe's raid again.
Mar 17, 2015 12:52 PM

Dec 2010
Ending comes surprisingly well although I felt it too easygoing at at the beginning. The episode itself wasn't bad although the teachings seems irritatingly useless for now.
Apr 6, 2015 9:26 AM

May 2012
Solid development! Let's see what happens next though.
Oct 9, 2015 3:31 AM

Jul 2013
Flavor tekis

It's kinda funny that I've only noticed this now but these guilds.. they're like military or something. They treat their guild masters like some general with absolute authority. Aren't guilds supposed to be a bunch of friends that do stuff together? And being a guild master doesn't necessarily mean you are the strongest in the guild. You just happen to be the creator of the guild and the only thing you can do that others can't is to kick people out of the guild. lol either that or I've spent half of my life playing mmorpgs wrongly.

a technique called "The Teachings" but you can't teach them to others.. oooooooo the irony.

Lenessia's going at it again. Stupid edgy teen drama. Damn this fucking SoL show.

Look at the last minute of this episode... looks like Akatsuki's finally gonna fight that dude. But heeey I know better now. Next episode's gonna be full of monologues, drama, and many pointless shit. It's gonna be full of anything except action and story.
Nov 15, 2015 7:50 AM

Oct 2010
The weakest episode yet. I know it's concentrated on character development but Akatsuki wanting to learn started already from the previous episode. There was no need to drag it so much here again. And why so much focus on lazy Lenessia? She already is well developed, give some screen time to other members.

Yes I would rather see some raid and dungeon fights, but even so these series do a great job of world building. I want more of that or at least give some focus on other characters.
Jun 2, 2016 6:01 PM
Dec 2014
I liked that the shopkeeper got a little bit of character development. Also wow still didn't see Nureha and so far the pacing is really bad, not much happened after 7 episodes.
Mar 19, 2017 11:01 PM

Dec 2016
I think Akatsuki might be given that sword from the Shopkeeper.
Apr 29, 2018 7:54 PM

Apr 2009
Usually I'm not like one to complain about slowness or pacing of an episode but I seem to have just done that last two episodes. >_< At least this time we're getting somewhere.

Ah because the Teachings are just mere teachings! It's stupid but it's up to you make something out of it's stupidness eh?

Here we go with the "friendship-is-magic-thing"! LOL Sorry couldn't help it.

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 25, 2019 10:29 PM

Feb 2015
Rieze telled Henrietta that Krusty disappeared, Mikakage informed them that the item's text is becoming real, Rieze revealed that the sword Byakumaru is possessed by a monster named Rugrius. In the Round Table, Rieze explained that the sword has 3 abilities, it can cause snow storms and ice, the user's stats increase if he has more oponentes and the hp does the same strongly; Rieze also suggests the magic circle's deactivation. Akatsuki and other adventurers joined the Akiba Raid Party, completing it. During the mission, Akatsuki and Maryelle encountered with Enbart.

I got bored this episode. That sword ability to increase the user's stats if he's fighting more oponentes is really cool, also the hp ability make him look really unbeatable. I'm not sure about the magic circle idea. And yes, that Akatsuki's drama, it's running out my pacience.
Jun 27, 2020 8:17 AM

Jun 2017
This is one of those kinds of anime that I wouldn't recommend if anyone asks me to. Well...I would just advice them to watch 1 episode per day and not to marathon it.😐 Lately, there's nothing much excitement going on in LH s2.

Well! I'm still upbeat for good episodes to come! LH still has lots to offer after all.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 17, 2020 6:44 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
More and more Akatsuki's focus... too bad that she didn't get the overskill, but I guess she'll improve during round 2.
And Raynesia wants to fight now xD
Oct 17, 2020 12:23 PM

Jul 2008
About time Akatsuki learned something.
Jan 3, 2021 2:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Item text really caused a big trouble at these arc. Because its effect that became a reality. The blonde girl whose in charge as second-in command for D.D.D held an important role, after having a zero contribution at the first season, together with a certain new characters. The girls from the maple house, even the princess joined the forces. Interesting matter, because Round Table conference already lost a certain important peoples cause many trouble appeared everywhere. Its time for the girls to shine again!

Continued from Akatsuki perspective by joined the joint training camp, they had a limited time before the next raid. Yeah, thats the plan that actually pretty simple. Its just like a normal raid, but got decreased its party members cause a certain effect from the sword really a troublesome. The raid in the city of Akiba, right at the middle of the night before new year eve, even the whole city under a closing period too related to that raid quest.

Ah, that masked lady, finally realized her mistake. I thought she might hand over that short sword to Akatsuki right after she took it. Then, judge by its item description, its suited well to defeated that madlad ex royal guard. Lets see the truth then, how well the plans, under a certain blockade to the whole city, to defeated the one and only enemy at these arc....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 13, 2021 4:19 AM
Feb 2021
Isn't lennesia going to tell them that it will take decades to restart the magic circle?
Jul 23, 2021 7:01 AM

Jul 2015
Nothing much happening other than a build up to the fight against 'Santa'. Seems like Akatsuki has a new cool outfit and by the looks of it also soon a new powerful sword.

Aug 2, 2023 8:02 AM
Jan 2023
A pretty slow episode but definitely an important one to build up to the big battle.

So flavour texts now have an effect on an item's ability, that could be an issue.

Oh and just give that fancy sword to Akatsuki already, she's clearly gonna need it.
May 20, 5:35 PM
Jul 2021
This episode and episode 8 are a double annoying feminist B.S.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
May 28, 10:15 PM
Oct 2020
Any episode without Minori is a good episode...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

89 by Kraum »»
May 30, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

103 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

103 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

134 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

226 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 12, 10:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.