Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2014 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty intense episode. Some parts of it reminds me of Kingdom even with the arrows ringing down the sky. But yeah, I think it hit an apex mark at this stage with the war going on. The supernatural elements feels off though. I wish they didn't have too much of that.

Aug 23, 2014 12:52 PM

Nov 2011
Man. They were so lazy with battle animations that they had Ieyasu and Mitsunari go DBZ.
Aug 23, 2014 12:59 PM

Aug 2010
DEM SPEECHES!! Intense stuff :D
Aug 23, 2014 2:52 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Good seeing Chosokabe recovering. About time he regains his battle spirit.

Loved the reunion of the rivals. Nice tea break as they share the reasons for joining their respective sides. Masamune is already reserving for the party. XD

Yukimura got some guts lecturing Mitsunari while he's in his emo mode. Well, that worked out in the end.

Ieyasu and Mitsunari were an awesome duo in the past; cleaned out the battlefield pretty good. That promise will be kept soon though.

Grand speeches from both sides. Ieyasu with his ideals of bonds and Mitsunari declaring to break the false bond of his.

Good episode. Battle of Sekigahara next week! Epicness incoming!

Aug 23, 2014 11:24 PM

Jan 2012
MissileSoup said:
Man. They were so lazy with battle animations that they had Ieyasu and Mitsunari go DBZ.
 Exactly my thoughts while watching that part.

And holy shit Mitsunari actually giving a speech and is thankful for his troops. The makers or whoever in charge sure went out of the way for Mitsunari's character development.

And that explosion during the flashback. COULD IT BE? lol
Aug 24, 2014 4:22 AM
Aug 2014
Pretty intense episode... Can't wait for the next ep.
Aug 25, 2014 11:37 AM
Apr 2011
I like the recap scenes from Ieyasu and Mitsunari, but still Mitsunari and Yukimura are fools,
Aug 27, 2014 7:05 AM
Aug 2014
TragicGenocider said:
MissileSoup said:
 Exactly my thoughts while watching that part.

And holy shit Mitsunari actually giving a speech and is thankful for his troops. The makers or whoever in charge sure went out of the way for Mitsunari's character development.

And that explosion during the flashback. COULD IT BE? lol

I don't know, I think Mitsunari can pull off a speech like that, he's still branding Ieyasu as a liar and a traitor and yeah, I guess he's not much of a leader when he keeps pulling his sword to those who don't side with him but I think Yukimura had a hand with that if he doesn't show respect or value for his troops he'll lose this war.

That being said THE BATTLE OF SEKIGAHARA next week!!! I'm surprised this anime is not that popular, not saying it should be super popular but I'm quite entertained by it each week. I mean I guess it looks really rushed for the people who are unfamiliar with the characters, not a problem for me since I played a lot of Samurai Warriors and Basara.
Aug 31, 2014 6:53 PM

Mar 2014
i want to see more Date Masamune in action >.<

Sep 15, 2014 3:31 PM

May 2011
Mitsunari's idealism is all about a personal vendetta. He is blindly loyal to the man who saved him (don't blame him). However, he claims "one had to sully his hands for my sake" when referring to Gyobu, yet when Ieyasu did that by killing Toyotomi for the greater good, he wants to send down a sword of justice. There's too much personal bias for him to ever be the leader the country needs.

Ieyasu's idealism on the other hand is solely for the purpose of strengthening the country through bonds, and he is only looking towards a brighter future for everyone. He even claims that everyone is equal in this alliance, and there is no supreme leader (which ironically, makes one want to follow him as one anyway). His first resort is never battle, but he knows when it MUST be done.

One fights for vengeance, the other fights for change.

I personally like them both as characters, but Tokugawa Ieyasu (Sengoku Basara at least) is hard not to side with.

--

Writing aside, the action scenes lately are horrible LOL. I own the game, so I'll be having higher expectations for the finale at least (whichever one they choose to use/mix). At least the filler season 1 and 2 had great animation.
Oct 23, 2014 7:29 PM

Jul 2013
So it'll be Ieyasu, Masamune, Ijimasa/Kotaro (the legendary ninja),Maeda (probably) and Motochika vs. Mitsunari, Takeda/Yukimura, Motonari, Yoshihiro and the other eccentric kid. Not sure if Uesugi will join the fight. Finally! the battle of Sekihagara.. the battle that will end it all.
Nov 3, 2016 9:19 PM

Feb 2015
wow for some reason the OST really caught my ear this ep. a big step up in my opinion.
Apr 22, 9:53 AM

May 2020
How come i oversleep watch this episode. Understand the point, they start shouting warcry. Will be a big clash in Sekigahara soon. So Ieyasu and Mitsunari can use laser gun, pretty meh.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku Basara: Judge End Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

25 by sharosharo »»
Apr 22, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara: Judge End Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

8 by sharosharo »»
Apr 22, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara: Judge End Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

12 by sharosharo »»
Apr 22, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara: Judge End Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

13 by sharosharo »»
Apr 22, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara: Judge End Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

13 by sharosharo »»
Apr 22, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.