Forum Settings
Forums

Did you ever date a very negative or insecure person?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 6, 2019 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
i guess i don't have much dating experience awkward and negative. or i am awkward and negative because i don't have much dating skill, and social life, indeed.
Jun 6, 2019 6:34 AM
Jan 2019
I often meet different people and this is normal.
Jun 6, 2019 6:37 AM

Jan 2009
lol i remember this thread but never bothered replying to it since i only have 1 romantic experience and we both got a crush on each other so there was no courtship involve and nah she is not insecure or negative i say that is me
Jun 6, 2019 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
I’m a lot like that. My last relationship (which was also my first relationship) ended due to similar issues. I’ve never had the greatest social skills and I have some issues from my past that kind of make it hard for me to trust and open up to people. When I met my ex boyfriend, he and I really hit it off. I was myself around him, and he liked me enough to ask me out, but once we started dating, everything kind of changed. I was no longer really myself around him. It was like there was this new kind of “pressure” added to the relationship because we were a couple. Once we got together, I really didn’t know how to act and I just kind of became afraid to speak up. I was also horribly insecure. For years, I really thought nobody could ever like me, so I felt like I had to do everything in my power to keep what I had, which is never how you want to have a relationship. I really just needed more confidence, and I’ve been told since the relationship has passed that one really needs to love themselves before they can love another person, and I think that rings true. Not that he didn’t make mistakes, because he made plenty, but I absolutely think that my insecurity, lack of confidence, and unwillingness to trust and open up to others had a severely negative impact on our relationship. This experience has also kind of made me more scared to open up to others, but I can’t let it do that to me. I really need to take it as an experience that I should learn to improve from.
Jun 6, 2019 7:43 AM

Mar 2017
Honey_Flash said:
I’m a lot like that. My last relationship (which was also my first relationship) ended due to similar issues. I’ve never had the greatest social skills and I have some issues from my past that kind of make it hard for me to trust and open up to people. When I met my ex boyfriend, he and I really hit it off. I was myself around him, and he liked me enough to ask me out, but once we started dating, everything kind of changed. I was no longer really myself around him. It was like there was this new kind of “pressure” added to the relationship because we were a couple. Once we got together, I really didn’t know how to act and I just kind of became afraid to speak up. I was also horribly insecure. For years, I really thought nobody could ever like me, so I felt like I had to do everything in my power to keep what I had, which is never how you want to have a relationship. I really just needed more confidence, and I’ve been told since the relationship has passed that one really needs to love themselves before they can love another person, and I think that rings true. Not that he didn’t make mistakes, because he made plenty, but I absolutely think that my insecurity, lack of confidence, and unwillingness to trust and open up to others had a severely negative impact on our relationship. This experience has also kind of made me more scared to open up to others, but I can’t let it do that to me. I really need to take it as an experience that I should learn to improve from.

All i can say is time heals

I would try find some sort of hobby to take your mind of it if you haven't already

overthinking is cancerous.
Jun 6, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2017
Nope. None of the women I've dated or been with were insecure or negative, thank God
Jun 6, 2019 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
epyon4light said:
Honey_Flash said:

All i can say is time heals

I would try find some sort of hobby to take your mind of it if you haven't already

overthinking is cancerous.

Yeah, I feel a lot better now. I’m over him, but the personal baggage and insecurity still lingers. I really need to work through it. I think making more friends and getting out more would be a good step. I’m better than I’ve ever been socially, but even so, that area could still use some work. I don’t have any really good, close friends. Overthinking defiantly kills you. I know that from experience.
Jun 6, 2019 8:00 AM

Jul 2016
Love it when I revive a dead thread and everyone just follows me around
Jun 6, 2019 8:02 AM

Oct 2018
Negavtive as all fuck. She always thought that I was with someone else cause they kept saying I was too good looking desu.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jun 6, 2019 8:02 AM

Apr 2013
Oof looking at this thread hurts me cause I am that negative Ex kek... still negative till this day boiiii *sigh*

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jun 6, 2019 9:24 AM

Oct 2012
I used to be in a serious relationship with this girl who, frankly, loved me super much, I loved her too, but we both had mental issues and each our negativity made the other person's symptoms worse. It ended in her leaving the country and me going to a psychiatry.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jun 6, 2019 2:32 PM

Sep 2016
Nvanz13 said:
Unfortunately, I did this a few times. I always went in with that silly notion that I could help them, and make their lives better, and "fix" them (hate using that term, because it's not like they are a broken object you can glue back together or something). I'm thankful that while we were together it seemed like I made a positive impact on their lives, but eventually I had to end the relationships because it gets extremely draining, and you can't change someone else unless they are willing and work for it themselves. Jeez, I was a pretty naive fellow, pretty idealistic too. Sadly, while I remain friends with them, they all ended up rebounding to negative influences almost immediately and their quality of life isn't the greatest. I do wish I could help them, but I've definitely learned my lesson.

Same thing happened to me except for the fact that I'm not friends with them. It doesn't mean necessarily that they were a bad person to date, they just had their flaws. However, since I'm a very negative and insecure person too, it just made things worse for both of us. I thought I could fix them, and they thought that I could fix them. Now I know that you can't fix someone. You have to leave it up to them. It was an important lesson, so in the end it was worth it.

Life has no meaning,
but that doesn't mean
we shouldn't live it

Jun 7, 2019 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
no im single forever everyone hates me i should just died
Jun 8, 2019 12:04 PM
Feb 2016
Yeah I would. I'm a pretty supportive person and as someone with a lot of anxiety/OCD and insecurities, I would relate w this hypothetical bf/gf well.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» The very random (and possibly useless) knowledge thread

DigiCat - May 22

33 by KittenCuddler »»
53 seconds ago

» Most painful experience in your life

ST63LTH - May 19

32 by mandylorian »»
3 minutes ago

» What if you saw God in heaven? ( 1 2 )

-Usagi - Feb 3, 2016

70 by Daviljoe193 »»
6 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

805 by Hitagi__Furude »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you love anyone in your life?

LenRea - Mar 31

42 by SerenTex2001 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.