Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 12, 2014 5:16 AM

May 2009
May 12, 2014 6:17 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode. It's a relief to get a lot of the terms explained so I can actually start to enjoy the plot rather than the animation and characters alone. And the pace is finally picking up!

Daichi and Hana's interaction was nice this ep. It's a shame Daichi couldn't fully enjoy that embrace, haha.
May 12, 2014 5:03 PM

May 2012
08:17 fnut

13:50 lol pwned

14:00 it's "Pac"

20:29 Midsummer Sun's son

6/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 12, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2008
tingy said:
Keten said:

The guy had a gun and could have shot Diaichi before he even threw the boomerang... but okay more cliche waiting for enemy to do something stuff I can forgive that...

Yeah he's obviously quite stupid...also why did he wait until Daichi arrived with Pitz? If he wanted to abduct Hana, he probably could've already left on that boat, unless that was just his plan...to hold Hana hostage and stay there ._.

Anyways, nice learning about some other stuff like Puck working for the duo or Teppei's explanation of what his kind is. I like next episode's title.

He's been tasked with dealing with Daichi as well and he knew that Hana was the perfect bait for doing so.

At this range it's also quite possible that he'd miss his shot or shoot a non-vital area only to get a beating afterward. Since there's only a finite number of bullet in his gun (and he wasted some to stop Daichi and his uncle's course), he didn't have the luxury to just shot him.
A bullet in a gun still carry fear and that fear is a greater weapon than the gun itself. Knowing that he could hit is more than enough to stop most people from acting.

Had Daichi not fought back I think he would have tried to use Hana as a bait to capture him as well.
May 12, 2014 8:38 PM

Oct 2010
That boomerang would have turned that guys head into jelly.
May 12, 2014 8:38 PM

Oct 2013
What a completely incoherent show. A five year old could tell a more engrossing and better-structured story.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
May 13, 2014 7:31 AM

Sep 2011
Link_of_Hyrule said:
What a completely incoherent show. A five year old could tell a more engrossing and better-structured story.
are you implying storytelling was more incomprehensible 5 years ago?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 13, 2014 3:16 PM

Oct 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:
...No, I am stating that a 5 year old child could have written this show more effectively
May 13, 2014 4:02 PM

Sep 2011
Link_of_Hyrule said:
JizzyHitler said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:
...No, I am stating that a 5 year old child could have written this show more effectively
as you can see i have great reading comprehension skills

still calling this incoherent is a stretch, its a pretty easy to story to follow all you need to do is memorize a couple of terms explain in this episode, incomprehensible would be like pupa or the last 4 episodes of eva when they had to rewrite everything after losing their budget in legal matters

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 14, 2014 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
Lots of info to take in this episode but at least we have a clearer view of why stuff is happening.

So the Macbeth Enterprise boss who thinks he's controlling the whole situation is actually being played by his super computer and the Kiltgang. A bit confusing.

Hana is not a kiltgang but was created only to fire the livlaster but she fails at that so now she's some sort of catalyst to trigger whatever it is to be triggered to beat the bad guys (as shown in the previous episodes where she sings)...I think. Teppei is a kiltgang who had a human donor...uh I don't get it. Now I'm confused.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 14, 2014 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
Hero of the day - boomerang.
May 14, 2014 4:08 PM

Oct 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:
JizzyHitler said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:

still calling this incoherent is a stretch, its a pretty easy to story to follow all you need to do is memorize a couple of terms explain in this episode, incomprehensible would be like pupa or the last 4 episodes of eva when they had to rewrite everything after losing their budget in legal matters
No. No no no no no. This show is NOT easy to follow at all. I realize that 90% of it consists of the characters spewing exposition, but STILL nothing makes sense! Why is the MC the only one who can pilot Earth Engine? Why can he use a Livister when Hana can't despite the fact that she was created to do so? Why are the pink and blue haired villians trying to destroy the world? What was the point of the guy with the glasses who died in this episode? Nothing about his goals or motivations was ever explained. NOTHING is explained! I could go on, but you get the point. The show is a mess.

And HOW DARE YOU compare this pile of garbage to the most influential anime of all time? Evangelion had the "End of Evangelion" movie to wrap up its story, so it didn't need to use its final two episodes on plot; it instead opted for minimalism. NGE is one of the greatest anime masterpieces of all time and you call it incoherent? What is wrong with you?
May 14, 2014 7:31 PM

Sep 2011
calm down dude

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 14, 2014 9:27 PM

Oct 2013
JizzyHitler said:
calm down dude
I'm not mad; I just can't believe you would say such things
May 15, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
"didn't need to use it's final two episodes on plot"- but isn't that the point of having episodes in the first place, to tell a story?

About Captain Earth: Nobody died this episode. The kiltgang want to destroy the world because it's their nature, being space vampires and all and because the show needs villains. The MC can use it because he's the MC. He's destined. The most likely "technical" reason is probably genes or something like that, but most shows don't bother with that sort of explanation.

The rest will either be explained over the course of the next episodes, or they'll use it on some random stuff that has nothing to do with the show and make a movie to tell the rest.
May 15, 2014 9:11 PM

Oct 2013
NwAurion said:
"didn't need to use it's final two episodes on plot"- but isn't that the point of having episodes in the first place, to tell a story?

About Captain Earth: Nobody died this episode. The kiltgang want to destroy the world because it's their nature, being space vampires and all and because the show needs villains. The MC can use it because he's the MC. He's destined. The most likely "technical" reason is probably genes or something like that, but most shows don't bother with that sort of explanation.

The rest will either be explained over the course of the next episodes, or they'll use it on some random stuff that has nothing to do with the show and make a movie to tell the rest.
Evangelion had its budget cut short and knew that it would never be able to cram the content of "End of Evangelion" into two episodes, so it instead banked on getting a movie sequel (which it easily did due to the show's popularity) and instead used its final two episodes on spelling out the Freudian psychoanalysis that the show was based around; they didn't have a choice due to money constraints.

I'm pretty sure the guy who kidnapped Hana died... It was strongly implied. Also, if the show never explains the motivations of ANY of the characters or causation of ANY of the plot events, how is anybody supposed to give a damn about the story? Just saying "these are the villians" and "these are the heroes" without going into any detail is shallow enough for a preschooler to write. It's barebones at best and unwatchable at worst! This is the kind of show that only easily-entertained simpletons could enjoy for its storyline (I'm only sticking around for the animation). It has time to improve, but the show is garbage so far.
May 16, 2014 12:01 AM

Apr 2014
Huh? So apparently boomerang is better than a gun? That's so stupid.
May 16, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
What the fuck, the security in that complex is so flawed, how the fuck did they managed to survive while having so much invaders? ''Dick-kun was sent back to Salty Dog.'', didn't you thought it would be a good idea to interrogate a little bit on his organization motives and goal..?

Daichi sure know how to use his ''boomrang''... :P
Seriously though, just shoot that fucker already, he's been a dick since the beginning of the anime. Also, why the fuck do they communicate with coffee cup? Can't they use a more coherant technology..? That show is just too ridiculous sometimes...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 16, 2014 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:
No, I am stating that a 5 year old child could have written this show more effectively

This is one of the few times I've ever seen someone acknowledge that they made a mistake on the internet. Most people just start throwing around insults while continuing to try their hardest to make it look like they're right, so props to you, Jizzy.
TheAshmanComethMay 17, 2014 2:34 AM
May 16, 2014 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
minouneetzoe said:
What the fuck, the security in that complex is so flawed, how the fuck did they managed to survive while having so much invaders? ''Dick-kun was sent back to Salty Dog.'', didn't you thought it would be a good idea to interrogate a little bit on his organization motives and goal..?

Daichi sure know how to use his ''boomrang''... :P
Seriously though, just shoot that fucker already, he's been a dick since the beginning of the anime. Also, why the fuck do they communicate with coffee cup? Can't they use a more coherant technology..? That show is just too ridiculous sometimes...
Sometimes?
May 17, 2014 3:02 AM

Sep 2013
Haha that was cheesy as fuck but I loved it.

Also,

Link_of_Hyrule said:
JizzyHitler said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:
JizzyHitler said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:

No. No no no no no. This show is NOT easy to follow at all. I realize that 90% of it consists of the characters spewing exposition, but STILL nothing makes sense! Why is the MC the only one who can pilot Earth Engine? Why can he use a Livister when Hana can't despite the fact that she was created to do so? Why are the pink and blue haired villians trying to destroy the world? What was the point of the guy with the glasses who died in this episode? Nothing about his goals or motivations was ever explained. NOTHING is explained! I could go on, but you get the point. The show is a mess.

And HOW DARE YOU compare this pile of garbage to the most influential anime of all time? Evangelion had the "End of Evangelion" movie to wrap up its story, so it didn't need to use its final two episodes on plot; it instead opted for minimalism. NGE is one of the greatest anime masterpieces of all time and you call it incoherent? What is wrong with you?

I think you should calm down and let us enjoy our fabulous mecha.
cupcMay 17, 2014 3:06 AM
May 17, 2014 5:32 AM

Dec 2013
I'll just stand here and pose like I'm on the Titanic instead of escaping with the girl I was supposed to kidnap and then get defeated by a boomerang (who would of guessed boomerangs return after they are thrown? not me.)

idiotic show.
May 17, 2014 8:37 AM
Jan 2014
Not all boomerangs return actually thats a fact many people dont know.When daichi pulled out the livlaster it was more of a distraction to go to his other plan. Btw im surprised how much bitching this show has caused. Its a 2 cour show and to its a breather to the mecha fight every week.
bagface36May 17, 2014 8:42 AM
May 18, 2014 7:56 PM

Apr 2011
Am I the only one who noticed all the foot focus this episode? Akari was barefoot for most of the episode, with lots of shots of her waving her feet around, and we also got a zoom in of Hana dipping her toes in the water. Foot fetish is big around the world, and never let it be said that Japan doesn't go out of its way to service its fans.

Anyways, I'm really confused as to what's up with the Team Rocket guys. So they're alien space vampires who're working with (ie manipulating) some evil corporation that also invented the world's smartest computer? Which may be involved with the Ark Faction? I guess the massive crystallization on the dark side of the moon is only caused by the Kiltgang bodies, as they've been walking around on Earth for several episodes now and the world hasn't ended.

I'm neither a huge fan of this series nor do I hate it ... I'll probably watch it at least up to the halfway mark. The girls are cute at least.
May 20, 2014 6:42 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The only drawback of the plot, the bad guy rival that of SAO, the rest is very interesting and has many points of development, I like it.
Narration is not bad, is not static in its structure.
Drawings and excellent animations.
The next episode seems to be indicated very attractive.

Eventually it will remain one, not because there is a Highlander, but because if all are spinning away, see how many we were ...
May 20, 2014 11:49 PM

Aug 2012
Really well done episode. Fun with lots of info about the plot. It's starting to come together.
Jun 1, 2014 1:38 PM

Nov 2013
Okay, plenty of answers, but still doesn't make much sense.
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Jun 10, 2014 6:15 PM

Aug 2013
Im still a bit confused on the Kiltgang and what truly is going on.
My Candies:
Jun 14, 2014 11:16 PM

Apr 2012
why r they conspiring with some humans?
Jun 15, 2014 11:01 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, boomerang. Yeah... sure, why not. Compared to notion that getting your libido drained kills you, it's fine. No, really, are they using term 'libido' because it's foreign and nobody bothers to check what it means, or will they actually base this story on sex drive. Is that why so many characters are or look like teenagers?

Ah right, and 'put a flower in her vase'...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 22, 2022 12:34 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
That was pretty awesome, Daichi protecting Hana using the AssClass technique. The thing that only works with professionals. I still like the whole hacker mahou shoujo thing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.