Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2008 8:54 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i just knew this was just another harem show. love square.
Feb 19, 2008 1:14 AM

Feb 2008
yeah! another harem show.. but now, it really gets boring.. no more action..

althou the action really sucks in the first place, just jump in! then dead.. just glow of the eyes, then dead.. lol! XD
Feb 23, 2008 12:00 PM
Oct 2007
Funny...
Apr 21, 2008 2:05 PM

Apr 2008
babykeiji said:
yeah! another harem show.. but now, it really gets boring.. no more action..

althou the action really sucks in the first place, just jump in! then dead.. just glow of the eyes, then dead.. lol! XD
ZoiQ said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i just knew this was just another harem show. love square.

i think that this kind of anime isnt your type, im enjoying it.
Sep 19, 2008 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
lol harem xD
it's not that bad, i guess. im quite drawn to it... the story, i mean.
Jun 13, 2009 7:02 PM

Oct 2008
The idea of two guys going to an amusement park with four girls is pretty fun and amazing but not in this case.

Inui-san..

Jun 21, 2009 10:05 AM
Feb 2008
Is it just me or is anyone else picking up an incestuous vibe from his sister? Not only is she a stuck up bitch but she's also a freak too....geez
Nov 2, 2009 1:39 AM

Jan 2009
I'm going to make a wild guess but I'm guess they aren't really brother and sister... because although the blue haired girl... may have sounded sarcastic but... she said that "I can't believe you guys are siblings... you guys look nothing alike"...... if you think about it... he did lose his memories from before the accident. May I repeat... it's just a wild guess. I know I ... a lot!
Nov 2, 2009 12:28 PM

Sep 2009
JohnyBeGood said:
I'm going to make a wild guess but I'm guess they aren't really brother and sister... because although the blue haired girl... may have sounded sarcastic but... she said that "I can't believe you guys are siblings... you guys look nothing alike"...... if you think about it... he did lose his memories from before the accident. May I repeat... it's just a wild guess. I know I ... a lot!

I agree with you.
Sep 18, 2010 10:59 PM

Nov 2007
So everybody loves Shiki and everybody's non-human (with the exception of the friend chick). Whatev. This show would be a lot better if it focused less on romance and more on mystery/thriller. There are a bunch of questions we need answered:

1. Why did Shiki go crazy and kill Arcueid? (The most important and obvious question IMO.)
2. What kind of creature is Ciel/Akiha?
3. Who is the boy in Shiki's flashback? My money's on his [twin] brother.
4. Are Shiki and Akiha actually related? I'm guessing no.
5. Why can't Shiki remember anything before this ~mysterious~ accident? My guess is that he's a clone.
6. Who was the chick who gave Shiki the glasses when he was young?
7. Why and how does Shiki have shinigami eyes?
8. How do Ciel and Arcueid know each other?
9. Are the twin maids non-human as well?
10. Why is Shiki so fucking pathetic? He doesn't stand up to ANYONE in this ep. If I were him I'd have told Akiha to stfu and stop being rude, and ditto to Ciel and Arcueid. They're all insensitive bitches. Especially Akiha, though -- she thinks that because she's "worried" about Shiki that she can force him to live under lock&key and 24hr supervision? Crazy chick.

Etc etc.
yamakasiSep 18, 2010 11:03 PM
Sep 28, 2010 12:19 PM
Jul 2010
yamakasi said:

1. Why did Shiki go crazy and kill Arcueid? (The most important and obvious question IMO.)
2. What kind of creature is Ciel/Akiha?
3. Who is the boy in Shiki's flashback? My money's on his [twin] brother.
6. Who was the chick who gave Shiki the glasses when he was young?
7. Why and how does Shiki have shinigami eyes?
8. How do Ciel and Arcueid know each other?

All of these questions have also been running through my mind. But I think it's a good thing they're still unanswered. It's what's keeping me interested. I hope they get good answers later on though.
Oct 9, 2010 2:05 AM

Mar 2009
best ep yet lol this anime has been seeming to drag
Apr 13, 2011 12:34 AM

Feb 2011
yamakasi said:

Why is Shiki so fucking pathetic? He doesn't stand up to ANYONE in this ep. If I were him I'd have told Akiha to stfu and stop being rude, and ditto to Ciel and Arcueid. They're all insensitive bitches. Especially Akiha, though -- she thinks that because she's "worried" about Shiki that she can force him to live under lock&key and 24hr supervision? Crazy chick.

i'd stand with you in that.
Aug 6, 2011 11:19 PM

Feb 2011
And here I though Akiha would be more pleasant. In all honesty I was expecting a very good show, since Type-Moon= win for me. But this harem nonsense is ridiculous, the VN is darker.

I sincerely hope this was just a crazy filler, and we'll never mention it again.
Oct 20, 2011 10:25 AM

Jul 2010
somuchTENSION!!!
and here is thought Shirou was an idiot loser, this guy makes Shirou look like kamina.
he literaly did not do ANYTHING to help the situation, didnt even intend to do it. even yuma who doesnt look like she'll have any chance stood up against them.

Dec 5, 2011 2:54 PM

Mar 2011
Well, that was kind of a lame episode.
Jan 12, 2012 4:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yup. Its a Harem alright.

I hope it gets better and they focus more on the mistery aspectcs of it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 27, 2012 8:13 AM

Jun 2011
Not a bad episode, but they needed to focus more on the darker side of the story. Till now, all we've seen is introductory stuff, and little to no decent action.

On a side note, I think the vampire princess needs a change of clothes; she's always wearing the same dress!
Feb 7, 2012 2:07 PM

Nov 2010
Harem and Hot Spring scenes. Too bad not all the girls were in it xD
The dialogues were quite good despite it was slow.
Aug 29, 2013 12:02 AM

Apr 2013
Bullshit episode. Arcueid and Akiha never met in the VN. And Ciel would never talk with Arcueid in such a manner or without a blade in her hand :S
May 21, 2014 1:53 PM

Aug 2010
I...feel dirty for saying this...but I liked this episode. It was like...a poor man's version of Carnival Phantasm (mostly) light-hearted fun with the characters. The interactions amused me.
Aug 6, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2014
They are all bitches 0.0
Sep 23, 2014 8:41 PM
Oct 2008
It seems that Type Moon MCs end up being babe magnets, and yet they do not know that. Their are completely ignorant of their incredible luck. Shirou from Fate/Stay Night and Shiki are incredible lucky bastards, and probably the weakest aspects in the Type Moon Universe.

Well, besides that, I find it suspicious that after Shiki left, someone get their blood drained from the amusement park. Very suspicious.
Sep 23, 2014 8:57 PM

Jul 2013
madhouse008 said:
Their are completely ignorant of their incredible luck. Shirou from Fate/Stay Night and Shiki are incredible lucky bastards, and probably the weakest aspects in the Type Moon Universe.

Read the VNs. They are much better characters than the adaptations portray them.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Jan 2, 2015 10:00 PM

May 2011
Harem? Now we have an episode in which the abnormal is normal already. I guess there are hints foreshadowing future events, and according to my conjecture, Shiki may be unrelated to the Tohno family (adopted son), and the Tohno family being a not-so-normal family after all. Non-human lineage?
4/5
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Feb 5, 2015 11:59 AM

May 2014
It thought someone was gonna die there
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 8, 2015 9:46 AM

Apr 2013
Shiki is just so... dumb. Simply dumb. And his sister is a vampire or what? O_O
Apr 19, 2016 10:17 PM
Jun 2013
Surprise! everyone wants to bang the MC. Though this being from a erotic VN thats not a shock. It seems the only one with sense in this situation is arihiko. Everyone else is in a constant cat fight.
Jul 3, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2014
Always-Hungry said:
Bullshit episode. Arcueid and Akiha never met in the VN. And Ciel would never talk with Arcueid in such a manner or without a blade in her hand :S

They do if you make a certain choice on one of the days you go scouting with Arc; Arc ends up going to your house because Shiki doesn't show up one day. You can still get the True End with this so I guess it's canon.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Apr 8, 2017 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
From the way people were talking about this episode, I figured that this "filler episode" was going to be a silly slice of life comedy.
But, tell me, how was this a filler episode? What I got was the opposite. It was a character driven drama, and while this was not in the visual novel, that doesn't make it filler.

This is an adaptation. It doesn't have to be the same as the visual novel, as long as it can tell its own coherent story and follow the same themes.
This episode did just that.
Since they merged the routes into one anime, they needed to do something different to connect the pieces, so to speak. This wasn't filler, this gave lots of insight into the character's backgrounds and personalities.

Here, we learn Akiha isn't ignorant to the happenings of the Church. She is familiar with Executioners since she right away has disdain for Ciel.
Ciel talks to Arcueid in the ferris wheel that Akiha isn't a normal human.
Shiki and Akiha's relationship is still awkward and feels distant; we know that they have a long ways to go in becoming closer to one another.
Ciel correctly assumes that Akiha is not human, which disgusts Akiha-- so this tells us that she probably isn't human, with her reaction to it. Ciel also makes an observation that the excuse for the accident that happened to Shiki eight years ago was just that: a convenient "excuse".
Arcueid talks to Satsuki about Shiki and how Shiki does care for Satsuki more than she gives herself credit for.

grayrebornnhy said:
I guess there are hints foreshadowing future events, and according to my conjecture, Shiki may be unrelated to the Tohno family (adopted son), and the Tohno family being a not-so-normal family after all. Non-human lineage?

That's totally true, we do get hints at that from this episode, as well! They comment that Shiki and Akiha look nothing alike-- which was also in the visual novel, glad they put that in the anime, because that's an important hint.

Tsukihime, even the visual novel, is very much a drama. This episode further explore the character drama, and it does it excellently. Not once was I bored; I still don't get the "it's sooooo slow" complaint. Perhaps it's due to the fact that I am a diehard fan of drama, and I can take dialogue because I find conversations between people with very different perspectives fascinating.

Filler would be scenes that doesn't further the existing narrative.
This episode most certainly furthers the narrative. If you skipped this episode, you would be lost in the next one, and you would miss out on characterization.

Not filler, and, in my subjective taste, not boring.
removed-userApr 8, 2017 4:34 PM
Oct 18, 2018 12:24 PM

Feb 2015
Arcueid must have been living under a highly advanced rock for 800 years if she has never been to a hot spring before.

May 18, 2020 9:25 PM

Jan 2018
man i really hope the game's better than this. it's not like i don't like it so far but it seems bland, wasn't expecting much from the nasu boi anyways
Aug 10, 2020 1:35 AM
Sep 2019
Something I don't quite understand (didn't read the VN): what's so special about Shiki's power? He sees lines which, if interrupted, will kill the object. I guess if anyone cuts anyone/anything along almost any line across their body, you wouldn't do them any good anyway, would you?
Jun 10, 2021 9:06 AM

Aug 2018
The plot thickens, Shiki remains a mongrel.
May 1, 2023 12:14 AM
Mar 2021
They went to the six flags wowee
Jul 18, 2023 7:52 AM

Nov 2010
Akiha is so beautiful that if I were Shiki, there's no question I would commit incest with her! She would've lost her virginity a few episodes ago, including those gorgeous twin maids!

This is my favorite episode so far. It's so amusing to watch Shiki's waifus bicker with each other. I kinda feel bad for Yumizuka since she's so behind the other girls.
Feb 13, 10:17 PM
Jul 2023
- ANOTHER useless episode.
- I wonder what the beef with all the girls is?
- It seems the brown hair girl is the only normal one….
- Miss Tono isn’t human??
Mar 14, 2:53 PM
Dec 2018
If it seems that Shiki's sister has a supernatural ability or something, and then everyone has become supernatural beings of different classifications - Arquid, Lacey, and now Akihara, or Aba was her name - these plot threads must be explained.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 11 Discussion

zq - Jan 23, 2008

36 by metalrain_15 »»
Apr 10, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

lunarcrusader - Jan 8, 2008

135 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 10 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

24 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 9 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

21 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 8 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

31 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.