OVA that came with the PlayStation 2 game "School Days L×H"
Makoto, Sekai, Kotonoha, and many other classmates all go to a hot springs hotel to relax, where they discuss what their plans are for the upcoming Valentine's Day. When the day actually comes, half a dozen girls fight over who gets to give chocolate to Makoto.
well this was a OK OVA about the main series school days. you have 3 girls who like the main character and one overly helpful mom and one crazy little girl. this was certainly a little different than the theme of the main story(they kept the knifes).
the story is pretty much about girls giving chocolates to mokoto for valentines day.
I still say that the art and sound is good each given 7. So, now basically, they made this anime much more funnier and more enjoyable than compared to the anime itself. I love it when Makoto gets tortured by girls who gave him chocolate.
However, the fact remains is that I am still not symapthetic towards all the characters in School Days. Nice try but no win. 2/10
I feel kind of obligated to give a small explanation about this OVA since it seems nobody else did it before.
This OVA isn't part of the main series and although it's the same setting and the same characters, this Episode wouldn't fit into the main story at all.
You could say this is kind of an alternative to the story or maybe a nightmare that Makoto Itou is having? The nightmare thingy might be the best explanation to it since his conscious might feel guilty.
All in all, this wasn't as funny, it was just creepy and a little awkward and the purpose to
it is, that it's just a little (bad) extra for the School Days Fans.
If you're not as obsessed with School Days and didn't like the main story as much, don't waste your time on this.
Why it doesn't fit into the story:
- according to Nanami Kanroji in the main series, Otome Kato and Sekai Saionji haven't known each other before other than being in gym class together - in this OVA it looks like they've known each other very well and they're at least good friends
- Otome bullies Kotonoha Katsura, so why would she even invite Otome to the hot spring? Even given that this might be after they all went to the pool, why would Otome be part of it?
- did Makoto Itou ever meet Sekai's Mother? She never appeared in the main Story and her appearance in the OVA is just awkward
- the timeline doesn't fit, even if this would be after the swimming pool incidence, it would mean that it now must be summer or fall, but valentines is in February
- also, a new school year starts in spring, this is when Sekai and Makoto get seated together and the main story ends when it's Christmas... there is no way that all of them could've experienced valentines like this together, given that some of them didn't even know each other
Well, the OVA has its flaws... maybe a little too many of them and you might find even more when you dig enough through the story.
I was a little disappointed, since I watched the whole main series again just for the OVA....
Like the another OVA of title, "Magical Heart Kokoro-chan", this is comedy. Unlike it, this isn't funny. You can say, "plot isn't so stupid and childish like MHKC, so why it's should be worse?" Because seeming seriousness completely ruins all its attempts to be funny, while the stupidity (the real one, not flashy as in MHKC) doesn't let to perceive it like a sensible story. In the end there is my favourite tune of title name inserted (no other word for this), which is the keynote, the summary of the original series, the expression of all the mood, all the characters hopes and aspirations... And
it makes no sense, since OVA has no hopes, no aspirations, no mood but the silliest one.
The bottom line — Valentine Days is filler episode outside a series. It's not clear what this been done for, but if you've been so attached to the characters that any parting makes you suffer, this would fit as another dose... But how long can you stand it?