A young girl named Ange is summoned to a Sacred Land and is chosen as the Legendary Etoile, whose mission is to save the newly-born Cosmos of the Holy Beast, which has recently fallen under a crisis. With the support of nine Guardians (who have the power of nine elements), she embarks on a journey to save the dying land of the Holy Beast and to discover her true self.
A reverse harem was my initial reason for starting to watch this anime, but not only did it deliver a pretty girl surrounded by gorgeous guys but it was far much more than I had anticipated.
The story is as the synopsis conveys; a young girl on a mission to save a universe whilst helped by the nine guardians- an original and unique plot with more than enough bits in-between to keep viewers interested as there weren't even any clichéd moments.
Each character has a strong, powerful personality, presence and role in the story- even the lead female Ange has great depths and emotions which we
are constantly shown.
The anime is nicely glossed over with light-hearted romance using close-proximity and embarrassing moments but further on feelings deep love and loss are also touched upon and portrayed to appeal to the more romantic audiences.
This anime is jam-packed with enough stories, characters, beautiful animation and everything else you would look for in this genre of fantasy and romance to be thoroughly impressed. I really enjoyed watching it!
The Angelique spin-off series where it involves the original main character of the main series. That is what I call a good spin-off but!
* Story (8) - The series started where we will meet this young woman who has chosen to be the Legendary Etoile. We follow through her adventures on the Divine Bird Galaxy where she must faced her past, overcome the relationships she has with the 9 guardians. Each episodes gave each guardian a momentum while the story of saving the Sacred Beast Galaxy continues.
It didn't feel rush to me and I wasn't certainly disappointed with that ending since we all know
that there's a second season and such.
* Art (8) - Each character have unique presence and they are easily to be separated from one another. The reason why I give it as an 8, because of the animation. It didn't feel fluent at all and whenever there's a character talking, there are no movements for other characters. Not even blinking. Makes you wonder how their eyes stay moisturized.
* Sound (6) - Not really much of a soundtrack, maybe some violin there and over there. I mean, I didn't notice that there were sounds during a sad scene or so.
* Character (6) - Have a huge problem with the main character, Ange. I understand her personality in the beginning, but I had those few moments where I actually raged at her for being so clumsy or just being annoying. Maybe it was her VA that makes her a bit annoying or maybe how they directed the episodes. But I couldn't really stand how annoying she can be with some serious situations.
Also not really much of a development in here, maybe for that Guardian of Steel and of course, Ange. Most of the guardians that are shown are already "perfect". I think the one you will remember the most from this series is Ange.
* Enjoyment (8) - I do rage at Ange sometimes, but there are other times where I enjoy watching the show. I mean, each guardians have an episode featuring them and we are also able to get them to know better about their background story or how they came to the Sacred Land. The bond they have made with Ange can vary. It can be sweet, weird... etc.
I would rewatch this for the sake of remembering of the guardians' backstories. Not really for Ange, because I was just too annoyed to know how she develops further.
Koi Suru Tenshi Angelique is the first reverse harem anime I watched. I am reviewing this based on both the seasons, Kokoro no Mezameru Toki and Kagayaki no Ashita.
There are some embarrassing moments especially at the starting of the series, for example when some guardians introduce themselves to Ange, there are sparkling around them xD which might make some girls go "kya~" fangirling...
I think this series is the best among the Angelique series. Nice art and pretty animation.
I like how the characters communicate with Ange, how Ange grew stronger and became more confident about herself throughout the series. She worked hard to save
the dying land and managed to convince the guys to become the 9 new guardians (in Kagayaki no Ashita). And how some of the guys falling in love with her. This will appeals to those who like romance genre.
Season 2(S2) is better than Season 1(S1). If you finished S1, you should watch S2, Kagayaki no Ashita. It would be a waste if you don't.