Ange is now trapped in the Seijuu Universe, and cannot leave until she awakens Seijuu's Queen. In order to do this, she must gather nine new guardians. It sounds like a fairly simple task, but how can she convince these men to tear away from their own lives and protect the life of another?
This is the second part of Ange's journey where she goes to help another universe in danger. That's her job, I guess. I felt for something like a universe being in trouble that there would likely be some action involved. Instead, it's Ange's meeting the new guardians which all of nice personalities, but when the whole anime has so many men in it that sometimes their personalities are not very distinct.
The only characters that seemed to even break a mold for me was Charlie and Francis. There is just way too many characters for there to really be characters
that stick out. I'm never sure how Ange felt about the characters bwho had feelings for her and they never round up Ange/Zephel ship that they had in the first one.
The animation is solid, colouful and bright. It's nice to look at, I like the designs of all the different characters. The music is light-hearted, no matter what is happening which is nice, but disappointing when something serious is happening.
I finished it because I was already watching it, I felt obligation to it.
I'd watch it for it being a sequel, you get to see some of the other characters again and it's really bright anime. I wish there was a bit more comedy, I feel there could have been some really silly moments instead of all this serious, but light-hearted talks everyone had. I'd only give it a watch if you like bishounen, reverse harems and that's it!
The second season of the Angelique spin-off series.
It has improved a bit on the story and character development.
* Story (10) - Finally some improvement, and also some actions. It follows Ange after she ended up to the Sacred Beast Galaxy, where the connection between two galaxies has been destroyed. There, she finds out that the Sacred Beast also need its own 9 Guardians and therefore is on the search for them.
The anime didn't feel that rushed but I just have the gut feeling that Ange may be too tired because she has travelled to different places all the time. Towards the ending of
this series will caught you by surprise.
* Art (6) - Strangely enough, there is an episode where the characters totally looked different. The animation got a bit sloppy and it got irritating for me to watch through. It's painful (especially since I am learning how to animate).
* Sound (6) - Didn't really notice if there was any sounds available during the scene. Mostly because the anime is about peace.
* Character (8) - Finally! Some character development. Ange becomes mature and she doesn't overreact that much. She knows what choices she has to make and she is determined to do it. A huge difference than the clumsy Ange from season 01. Three minor developments changes for the first three Guardians that Ange has found in Sacred Beast.
* Enjoyment (8) - Nothing really changed that much but I was caught by surprise by the end of this series, because I didn't see or expect that at all! You should really watch it! I am thinking of rewatching this anime real soon but that episode will be so painful to watch for me.
Overall score is 8, I do admit that the anime has gotten better in terms with the story and character development, they are also some downhills to it where it can just make you think this one word question, why?