3It was OK
11.0%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
0.5%
Average 4.5
364 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2009 7:24 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was worried about music and animation with new studio but at first glance looks like they try to keep it similar to first season. At least music is the same ;]
LunaNov 13, 2012 4:58 AM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 30, 2009 10:24 AM

Apr 2008
They used a lot of very creative "camara work" in this ova compared to the first season. Characters often weren't centered in the frame. Parts of characters were obstructed by objects that normally would not be allowed to be obstructive. Such as the channdelier blocking Horo's face or the upper bunk bed. They also did a lot of panning in a way that seemed atypical. In general I felt the distinct illusion of actual camara work rather than the idealized perspective you expect in anime.

I'll rewatch it when its subbed.
Apr 30, 2009 11:47 PM

Jan 2008
Yup, I was a bit afraid that the new studio might disappoint us with the animation quality and background music but they did pretty well :3 tho nothing much actually happened in the ova xD now I'm definitely looking forward to season 2 of the show ^^
We're all insane
May 1, 2009 1:54 AM

May 2007
Nice to see Lawrence and Horo again; their blushes were really cute. Having the same BGM is a plus. The art might've taken a turn downwards, but I'm sure that the S2 will be better. Since this OVA has left me with a smile in the end, I'd say that all is well. Looking forward to tremendous amount of dialogue. BSS, I'm patiently waiting for you. PATIENTLY.
May 1, 2009 11:00 AM

Jul 2008
Lawrence is now a sheep XD

funny / cute moments:

Why would he stack that much blankets on her XD

*Shake*... I think I'll turn this into a gif XD

Nee.. lawrence... shi te? :*)

I bet the sentence in lawrence's brain was "chou mo e ru so!"
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
May 1, 2009 7:36 PM

Sep 2008
Ahhh...better than nothing I guess.

I was a little thrown off by the annoying intro music, but lots of Blushing Horo made up for it. The parts I liked most were Nora trying to eat the meat and when she came into Horo's room and the music screwed up. Nora <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2009 10:55 PM
Jul 2008
hmm for some reason i think horo's pregnant
May 1, 2009 11:00 PM
Nov 2008
Nice warm-up while waiting for the new season, but not much after that.

Have still no idea what to expect though.

May 1, 2009 11:20 PM

May 2008
I absolutely loved the part where the mention of apple juice made Horo jump up in the bed xD
May 1, 2009 11:29 PM

Jul 2007
Cyberloard said:
hmm for some reason i think horo's pregnant

That line perked my interests. Where you getting that guess? LoL not I gotta go back and re-watch the end of the first season to see if there was something I missed.
May 1, 2009 11:59 PM

Aug 2007
Compared to the first season, that ova had:

-lots more fanservice. nakkid horo much??
-lots more of a love comedy vibe, instead of a slice of life
-lots of bad art. I couldn't recognize them in some of the angles

I was so looking forward to the 2nd series too...*still hopes for it to be better*
May 2, 2009 12:03 AM

Feb 2008
aranelcharis said:

Uh? She had a ton more naked moments in the 1st season, then in this special. Heck, she was even naked in the OP.

Anyway, pretty good episode. Like the fact Brains Base is keeping the music and a similar animation to the first season. Now to wait eagerly for the start of the 2nd season ^_^
May 2, 2009 12:05 AM
Dec 2008
The dream sequences were stunning.

First one. The ideal. She runs to where Lawrence awaits her. Safe in his embrace from the...

...Second one. The reality. She is what she is. A near immortal wolf. Lawrence, her beloved Lawrence, is only mortal flesh and bone. He will eventually go the way of all flesh...and? *no spoilers*

Indeed. This ep gave the feeling of cinema. For those who've read the light novels...well. To the others, there's an agonizing amount of foreshadowing in this ep. Be interesting to see how some of this plays out in S2! ^^

aranelcharis said:

-lots more of a love comedy vibe, instead of a slice of life
-lots of bad art. I couldn't recognize them in some of the angles

I was so looking forward to the 2nd series too...*still hopes for it to be better*

Less fanservice than the first ep of the TV, in terms of screen time of "nakkid horo".

I'd suggest rewatching it...if that was all you got out of it.

Blame the shitty encode. Anon of Jacksonville's RAW is nearly flawless. DDL on his site. See also, non standard non anime style pans, angles and wipes..Wasn't great to be sure, but a nice touch.

Also: HOLY WALLS OF TEXT ASR, the goggles...they do nothing!!! <3 you guys anyways though.
gisele_alainMay 2, 2009 12:21 AM
May 2, 2009 12:46 AM

Feb 2008
I didn't mind the art as much as I thought I would. Horo felt a bit out of character at some points however. Obviously the whole love triangle thing was played up for the OVA but Horo's shy and blushing moments were a bit much at times. Still left a smile on my face and I'm hoping for something a little more substantial in season two.
May 2, 2009 12:48 AM

Nov 2007
Ah [BSS] is so much better.

This episode was absolutely adorable. I was in the middle of some chores and planned on just watching 5 minutes and saving the rest for later. But wow, I sat through the whole thing so happily.

So many cute Holo moments (and future screencaps).
May 2, 2009 1:09 AM

Feb 2008
My love for Horo has reignited into flames of passion.

May 2, 2009 2:25 AM
Apr 2009
It is ASR1 Admi and Founder of ASR: Korou

In case you havent notice
it was a SPEED sub. took us 16 hours to get done.
We receive SO MUCH Feedback, we are making v2 as we speak

and this time
is what you guys want!

we learn from our mistake and are formatting to MVK, better quality better audio and better subs
May 2, 2009 2:30 AM

Nov 2007
ASR1FanSubs said:
It is ASR1 Admi and Founder of ASR: Korou

In case you havent notice
it was a SPEED sub. took us 16 hours to get done.
We receive SO MUCH Feedback, we are making v2 as we speak

and this time
is what you guys want!

we learn from our mistake and are formatting to MVK, better quality better audio and better subs

I just hope you call her Horo not Holo. Seeing groups call her Holo is depressing.
May 2, 2009 3:09 AM
May 2, 2009 3:14 AM
Apr 2009
Of course! our Script was check 5 times!
May 2, 2009 3:14 AM
Apr 2009
Of course! our Script was check 5 times!
May 2, 2009 3:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ah, it's good to see Horo again. Was a nice episode, I'm really looking forward to the new season. 8/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 2, 2009 4:04 AM

Oct 2008
I love Horo<3
Someone post a pic of Horo's faceplam xDD
May 2, 2009 4:05 AM

Jan 2009
Oh god, i just rememberd why S&W is one of my favorites, such chemistry between Horo and Lawrence is fantastic, i've never seen it on another shows. I thought this was suposed to be a 'Before' S&W, this was like a prelude to the II, but nevertheless this had the same touch as the series, was just perfect. And seriously, that change of air when she even thought about what choice to make; if stay on the mountain with her pack of wolves or stay with Lawrence; what a flawless scene. She noticed that she will live forever and Lawrence not, therefore would be painfull for her to see his death.

Anyway, the animation was kinda choppy at the beginning, seems that it changed later.

Fucking awesome, i just can't wait for Spice and Wolf II.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
May 2, 2009 4:12 AM
Dec 2008
I really liked the ova, ofcourse it could be better in terms of looking exactly the same as s1 - but they got quite close to that so I'm happy about that.
I mean just look at Minami-ke s1 and Minami-ke s2/s3.

I loved the scene where Lawrence mentioned apple juice and she jumped out of the bed. :)

I've watched the ASR subs and I thought that for a fast release the subs were good enough. The walls of text were a bit annoying and that the names were spelled differently but I think they've done a good job anyway!
May 2, 2009 4:21 AM

Dec 2007
This just reminded me of how much I love this series. The mood, and the character interactions were just perfect. And Horo is as great as ever.
May 2, 2009 5:29 AM

Aug 2008
I waited on BSS, was great to see it all again, was a bit sad i didnt get to see the ED theme from S1.

As for Horo being naked, i dont think it was much more frequent than season 1, i didnt complain anyway :)

@ MashiroChan if you make that Gif i want it as well :)
May 2, 2009 5:42 AM

Sep 2008
xKivaToLastx said:
now I'm definitely looking forward to season 2 of the show ^^

YES ME TOO!!! :D

HawthorneKitty said:

Oh my gosh I know xD It couldn't believe how many times blocks of quote like that were put on screen xD

May 2, 2009 5:45 AM

Nov 2007
aaronluis26 said:

HawthorneKitty said:

Oh my gosh I know xD It couldn't believe how many times blocks of quote like that were put on screen xD

Hm, I watched it without subs, but yeah... six lines is absurd. Should never go over three. And that font looks a little large, too. I'd lower the font outline on it as well. The translation looks alright from what I recall of the scene but that kind of typesetting... yikes.
May 2, 2009 6:17 AM

May 2007
Rebella said:
I love Horo<3

Anyway, BSS' subs are out for your enjoyment.
May 2, 2009 6:23 AM

Aug 2008
Asako said:

I just hope you call her Horo not Holo. Seeing groups call her Holo is depressing.

BSS made her Holo and Nora into Nola :( (otherwise their sub is nice).
don't really understand why can't (so easy) names be spelled as they are heard... sure Rorensu would be really awkward to read (then again i think i wouldn't even mind as this is how the name is written in katakana), but what's wrong with Nora and Horo?

the episode was fun though, i liked the op music :)
May 2, 2009 8:00 AM

Dec 2008
BSS used Horo for season 1 so i dont know why they would change it
May 2, 2009 8:14 AM

Aug 2008
This makes me want season 2 even more. The wait is unbearable.
May 2, 2009 8:26 AM

Mar 2008
May 2, 2009 8:40 AM

Aug 2008
this was really really good...at least for me. I don't worry about music much because it sounds very similiar to the first season xD I think next season is about horo being jelous of nora and knowing at the same time that she can't stay with Lawrence since he's going to die one day unlike her.
May 2, 2009 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
Am I the only one who didn't understand Nora and Horo's joke at the end? xD

I really liked it, it reminded me of Spice and Wolf again, and how happy I am to see Horo again :3. Thanks for the subs!
May 2, 2009 9:00 AM

Apr 2009
This reminded me why i love S&W, the character interraction and mood are great, now i'm even more excited about season 2 <3
May 2, 2009 9:01 AM

Dec 2007
lupi_san said:
Am I the only one who didn't understand Nora and Horo's joke at the end? xD

They were talking about Lawrence and laughed at how he didn't realize what was going on at all :P
May 2, 2009 9:14 AM
Jan 2009
Kind of something else compared to the other stuff airing at the moment :] Can't wait for the new season.
May 2, 2009 9:25 AM
Apr 2009
update: Our v2

will be ready in about 4 Hours
We correct the Names too

May 2, 2009 9:36 AM

Jan 2008
Ah good old Spice and Wolf. Great as usual, want season 2 now!

PS: I'm stealing that facepalm pic for my forum avatar.
May 2, 2009 9:44 AM

Oct 2007
God, it's so good to have Horo back!

Interesting ep, lots of great, cute Horo moments, but what I found really interesting was her dream sequences. I wonder how much they'll expand upon them in the new season.

I'm sufficiently psyched for season 2. Bring it on!
May 2, 2009 9:54 AM

Oct 2008
DaBigD said:
Rebella said:
I love Horo<3

Anyway, BSS' subs are out for your enjoyment.

Thanks ;***********

Yes I'm gratefult hat we can watch it subbed.
The feeling of familiarity with the characters and everything is just awesome even though the first season only had 12 episodes.

Byou said:
Kind of something else compared to the other stuff airing at the moment :] Can't wait for the new season.

Amen.

I see that reaper beat me to it XDDDD nice avatar anyways :3
Can't help it! Horo rocks!
May 2, 2009 10:22 AM

Apr 2009
<3 Horo...

This was a great little episode to bring me back into why I loved season one so much. Seeing Horo get so much more flustered over Lawrence was great.

The nose part was great, when Lawrence went to check her temperature and she was going to say it was like we just kissed...

Getting all temperamental when Lawrence wasn't around...

Still getting excited over apples... she is so cute when she does that, maybe even more so this episode with the apple cider and sheep's milk / apples dish Lawrence made.

Ahh can't wait till season 2!
May 2, 2009 11:24 AM

Feb 2009
I totally love that anime I was waiting for the second season forever. I think the art is a little different but everything is good can't wait for it to start!
May 2, 2009 11:56 AM

Jul 2008
the music was a bit strange imo.
but good to see holo back. it was a really nice paced episode. but maybe a little too slow. since it was a ova it was ok.

May 2, 2009 11:59 AM

Feb 2008
i wouldn't consider horo's nakid scenes to be fan service. especially when you consider what context they portray. this was a good setup episode for the next season. there was a serious moment though, where she realizes just how fragile Lawrence is(and ultimately will become)

the music was kind of annoying, but its not that big of a deal.
May 2, 2009 12:05 PM

Jul 2007
That was a great warm-up for the new season. I enjoyed some of the ideas the OVA touched on.

One thing I didn't like though - since when was Horo so cutesy? Somehow I remember her being slightly less, well, moe. Or is it just me?
May 2, 2009 12:37 PM

Apr 2009
url_elf said:

One thing I didn't like though - since when was Horo so cutesy? Somehow I remember her being slightly less, well, moe. Or is it just me?

We never really saw Horo's outright affections towards Lawrence through the story (so far). More than often we got bits of that "sexual tension" between the two with her teasing and her obvious jealousy towards Nola later on.

I think the OVA had a good setup, Horo becoming "sick" gave her time to really think about how much different life has been with Lawrence and how she doesn't want to loose it. Hence giving us the "lighter" side of Horo.

OmegaoverideMay 2, 2009 12:40 PM
May 2, 2009 12:42 PM

Feb 2008
Omegaoveride said:
url_elf said:

We never really saw Horo's outright affections towards Lawrence through the story (so far). More than often we got bits of that "sexual tension" between the two with her teasing and her obvious jealousy towards Nola later on.

That was one of the things I liked most about the pairing. Hopefully the second season doesn't incorporate too much of these cutesy moments. *Fingers crossed*
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Original short story this OVA was based on was released in English this month

Triplicity - Dec 17, 2012

0 by Triplicity »»
Dec 17, 2012 3:56 AM

» when to watch?

Volkova - Jul 19, 2010

2 by ianiceboy »»
Aug 23, 2012 5:16 AM

» speculations

KaminaKai - Feb 3, 2009

12 by Moonfrost »»
Oct 17, 2009 7:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.