Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Princess
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2009 5:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this is the *last* episode... not really, even though it says "end", there is apparently episode 13 for DVD only....

And it was a bit anticlimatic... Will we ever get the proper ending? We do have to wait a few months before getting though... Very bad marketing strategy I'd say...

So Akasha dies too easily. Hokuto gets weak. Suddenly Himes all get their En back (I guess all Himes were able to do that?) What will happen to Makina and Ouri? We don't know yet, but hopefully the true last episode will answer these questions.....

Are they planning a third season or what? Anyway, it could have been better....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 29, 2009 5:46 PM

Sep 2008
OMFG another shitty ending i dont know what to say more, this ep like the few last one's wasn't so gr8 this days i see manny Good animes whit fucked up ending's i hope that one piece naruto and bleach wont have it becouse if they will have i will go to Japan and kick asses of the directors and the producers for torturing me and tell them what kind of ending makes viewer happy.
Apr 5, 2009 12:18 PM

Jul 2008
unless there is an s3, i'd say it's a shitty ending too :P
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Apr 6, 2009 9:26 PM

Jan 2008
was that even an ending?
Apr 7, 2009 4:52 AM

Feb 2009
Where do you guys found a subbed episode?
I cant find subbed episode 12 anywhere.
Apr 8, 2009 8:06 AM

Apr 2008
Rait said:

I can't find one either. But if you think about it; the last episode aired March 26th. That's about 2 weeks ago, so cut Tomodachi some slack; I'm pretty sure they'll release it sooner or later.
Apr 8, 2009 10:34 AM

Jan 2009
Rait said:

Watched it on raw.

In my opinion, it was decent as a series ending episode. Deals with the aftermath and ties up some story threads, whille leaving others open.
i liked

hexaqApr 8, 2009 10:43 AM
Apr 10, 2009 10:12 AM

May 2008
its up on hulu now

Apr 10, 2009 2:00 PM

May 2007
Well if there wasn't a DVD only episode I would be pissed, as it is I have to wait so I am still pissed.

Kind of lame, and how did Ouri's school chums live?
My anime list
Apr 10, 2009 8:28 PM

Aug 2007
So when is the DVD only episode going to be released?

The ending was a bit lame, though I'm guessing that that is what the DVD only episode is for (to actually tie things up and end it).

And yeah, it could have been quite a bit better. Whatever.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Apr 11, 2009 12:26 AM

Oct 2007
Weirdly I don't think the DVD only is going to be a continuation. This seems that this was done on purpose as an "artistic decision" by the director. I guess it shows that life does go on even after the end. I don't like it but I see what he did.

I feel bad for that little girl(the one with the balloons) as she was trying to make people happy with the only experiences she had and not only that she just wanted to be happy herself.
JarmelApr 11, 2009 12:31 AM

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 11, 2009 7:58 AM

Jan 2008
WTF kind of ending was that? That's a FAIL in my books. You don't stop in the middle of a battle. I've seen anime where they leave it where it is, and go "Ha ha! You should have read the manga instead." but this is a bit much. I am not impressed by this one bit. Until I see a DVD only episode that ties to this ending, I'm giving this show a bad rating for overall.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 11, 2009 3:09 PM

Apr 2009
The way it ended was a little bad. I hope there is another season, but who knows...

I thumbed through a few of the chapters I found and aside from a few character (mostly the seven stars) and Shikabane Hime weapon design differences the story seems to a close parallel maybe the series caught up to the current volume, don't know. I was only able to find up to Volume 2 (out of 10) so far and it was just starting to introduce the Seven Stars, so I assume there is more content left.
Apr 11, 2009 11:38 PM
Nov 2008
I've never felt so cock-blocked in my life..
If there's isn't anything about ep 13, I'll be rather mad. I know it's like a partial ending, and that after the last battle with Hokuto, Makina will probably settle down or something.. BUT just finish this battle already! I hate it when they leave us hanging like this..

Btw, where did the news on DVD-only special come about? I can't seem to find any info in their official anime website.. (And it seems like Vol. 4 of the DVD will only be released in Aug 2009)...
Apr 12, 2009 5:18 PM

Jan 2008
cerulean18 said:
Btw, where did the news on DVD-only special come about? I can't seem to find any info in their official anime website.. (And it seems like Vol. 4 of the DVD will only be released in Aug 2009)...

Came from Amazon. Vol 6 is coming out in August. Volume 4 is coming out in June.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 12, 2009 8:52 PM

Aug 2008
Terrible. I don't have words for how terrible this was. It's bad enough that they couldn't stick to a single rule they made in this universe, but to not actually end the show when episode 13 of Aka was a recap is flat out ridiculous. Honestly this is one of the worst endings I've seen in recent memory.

2/10 for the whole fucking show.
Apr 14, 2009 11:07 AM

May 2008
Bleh. Crap, similiar to Soul Eater's ending a bit. Its not even a real ending.

So eh but what about Akasha's other Shikabane. We saw her flying away and apparently she's immortal?
Apr 15, 2009 11:26 PM

Oct 2008
Well, i'm a huge fan of this series, but the last episode was kind of disappointing. I couldn't quite place it, but it had a different feel than the rest of the series, too much content crammed together probably.

Oori got shot down by Makina, wasn't expecting that. Akasha's death was pretty well done i thought and fitting for his character.Hokoto escaping and then ending the episode mid fight was just lame, nothing more, nothing less. It is ok if they make akasha die like that to hokoto, but then that makes her the main bad girl so some sort of fight would be nice. The Shichisei died WAY too easily. they seemed to be much stronger in previous episodes, but now nearly every one of them died nearly instantly, should have taken notes from the episode 9 fight against the eater guy.

After the fight between makina and hokoto in 9 or so, this one was kind of dull. I will be eagerly awaiting the "13th episode" though and hoping for a 3rd season. Although things can only go so far since she still has to die after 108 corpses supposedly.
Apr 16, 2009 10:40 PM

Jan 2009
subs are FINALLY out

Apr 16, 2009 11:08 PM

Aug 2007
who subbed this episode???

finally!!!! thanks tmd
VerbyApr 17, 2009 2:31 AM

Apr 17, 2009 12:18 AM

Sep 2008
TMD has subbed it

Touya is so cute once again. >w<

Poor Akasha being ripped apart like that.
I can't wait for the finale, but I guess I have to. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2009 10:52 AM

Nov 2007
akasha being ripped apart was the best part. not the ending i was hoping for but i guess ill have to wait to see what epi 13 is about.
Apr 17, 2009 1:50 PM
Dec 2007
wakka9ca said:
And it was a bit anticlimatic... Will we ever get the proper ending? We do have to wait a few months before getting though... Very bad marketing strategy I'd say...

I don't think it's a marketing strategy, considering the level of animation and art in this episode, I imagine they ran quite low on budget and had to find some more cash to finish the series the series properly (not counting some more months to polish everything since time might be an issue too).

Overall, the first part of the episode was as badly animated and scripted as the second was great, well-developped and well directed. It's basically what this series is all about, some great episodes with fantastic scenes and developments, good themes and plot, and some dissapointing episodes with nothing but fanservice and lame plot strings. Shikabane Hime clearly missed some coherence and steadiness but it's not that talent and creativity weren't here, it's just that we are talking about a small show that needed much more time, staff and money to be done correctly (I believe so at least).

Still, I enjoyed it thoroughly and so I give it a nice 8,5 score (as the 2nd season is better than the first, 8 for Aka and 9 for Kuro on MAL).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 17, 2009 3:02 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sucks that we have to wait for the end now. But the episode was good, I liked the series a lot. 8/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 17, 2009 3:04 PM

Feb 2008
Open end (for now) but nevertheless it was a nice watch.
Loved the OP and ED songs a lot.

8/10
Apr 17, 2009 3:15 PM

Dec 2008
Stupid ending worth stupid series. 6/10 overall.
Apr 17, 2009 3:34 PM

Feb 2008
Shit sux, yo.

For this show though, this ending was perfect.
Apr 17, 2009 9:14 PM

Jun 2007
what a let down. The ending fight was horrible as well. I was expecting a way better fight at the end but it turns out to be just Hokuto laughing like a lunatic while Makina beats the shit out of her. Wtf was up with centipede hands? He just stood there begging them to stop and Ouri just stood there watching lol. I honestly hope the 13th episode brings a solid conclusion to this series. If it doesn't then my rating for this show is gonna drop a few notches.

PS. Theres still so many things unanswered that it's not even funny. The leader of the Kogoun cult is supposedly the only one that can make Shikabane Himes but it's never explained how he learned the technique or when he learned it from Makina's family.

Speaking of the leader they didn't explain anything about him, why he liked Shikabane Hime just as much as humans, or why he's worshiped as the leader. They give you hints that he may be a corpse of some kind but they never explain or clarify his past.

WTF. happened to all the souls that merged with Ouri? Now that he's one with them does that mean they finally managed to pass on?

what happened to Akasha's hime? She flew off with him intact when Hokuto sliced him in half. Was she truly killed by the sniper shot or is she free to go nuts now?

and the list goes on lol.
Apr 17, 2009 10:32 PM

Feb 2008
i thought it was pretty good, but not great
Apr 18, 2009 1:30 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Anime was rly awesome but that final episode wasent so good.....ending was stupid
Apr 18, 2009 4:08 AM

Aug 2008
They should have just ended the battle instead of having the ending credits.
But then again there will be an OVA in August, so I'll wait to see how they end it then.
Apr 18, 2009 6:21 AM

Feb 2008
DeathfireD said:
I'm sure all of those answers will be in the manga at some point, which I'm probably never reading. I choose to ignore those questions since there are so many plot holes already. :|
Apr 18, 2009 6:56 AM

Aug 2008
I think the ending was appropriate for the series. Life goes on even after death.
It wasn't a fail ending, just an inconclusive one, but when is life ever conclusive.

A fail ending is like Soul Eater, where it completely disregards the rest of the series, while this ending, completes the series in a way better than I thought it could.

8/10 for the series and the ending itself.
Apr 18, 2009 7:43 AM

Dec 2007
The ending was a bit too anti-climactic and unconclusive for my tastes, although I'm not going to judge it until I've seen the DVD special. Generally it was an enjoyable series, and it gets a 7/10 from me, although depending on the last episode, that score might be raised a bit.
Apr 18, 2009 8:14 AM

Apr 2008
I thought the ending was oke.
I mean what else could they have done with it....

but sinc i disliked the most of this anime i'm gonna give it a 7
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Apr 18, 2009 10:29 AM

Jul 2008
<_> tsk... still have to wait for more or less 4 months before the last episode.

Apr 18, 2009 12:01 PM

Feb 2009
worst ending =/
mayweather p4p king

Apr 18, 2009 12:05 PM

Jul 2008
imperfek said:
worst ending =/

it hasn't ended yet. The final part will come out on August.

Apr 18, 2009 12:08 PM

Jan 2009
Me have no trouble with this series. Got scared, disgusted, happy, sad and etc.. of other emotions. Scene that touched me and me think somethings too about it:
Apr 19, 2009 1:24 PM

Jul 2008
Is there's a last episode for DVD only then it'll be good to wrap it imo.

It feeled a little rushed, but it wasn't that bad either, I have seen worse.
Apr 20, 2009 8:43 AM

Mar 2008
japanme32 said:
Me have no trouble with this series. Got scared, disgusted, happy, sad and etc.. of other emotions. Scene that touched me and me think somethings too about it:

Agreed. The series was a rollercoaster of emotions for me, from "grow a spine, oori" and "that fighting scene kicked ass" to "wtf, keisei can't die" and "poor kids"..

I guess I can get where the director *may* be trying to go with the ending -- something along the lines of "life is not over even when the end is nigh". But it's just bad form to smack the word "END" across the entire screen when the protagonist is bashing the antagonist up real good. And if it turns out that the ending was supposed to be some sort of allegory for "the fight between good and evil is eternal", then it's just plain lame.

Anyway, shikabane kuro's been a blast, scoring 1 point higher than Aka for me! that makes it an 8.5 (rounded down to 8) on my list :) on a sidenote, though makina's all dead and cold, she's still plenty hot enough for me XD

Apr 20, 2009 9:04 AM

Nov 2008
Well, U can say that as shitty ending. Its quite open and Hokuto isn't even killed. I got feeling of this having S3.

And most important, NO KISS and Not even a HUG???!!!
Apr 21, 2009 1:46 AM

Jan 2009
tanjx said:
japanme32 said:

Agreed. The series was a rollercoaster of emotions for me, from "grow a spine, oori" and "that fighting scene kicked ass" to "wtf, keisei can't die" and "poor kids"..

I guess I can get where the director *may* be trying to go with the ending -- something along the lines of "life is not over even when the end is nigh". But it's just bad form to smack the word "END" across the entire screen when the protagonist is bashing the antagonist up real good. And if it turns out that the ending was supposed to be some sort of allegory for "the fight between good and evil is eternal", then it's just plain lame.

Anyway, shikabane kuro's been a blast, scoring 1 point higher than Aka for me! that makes it an 8.5 (rounded down to 8) on my list :) on a sidenote, though makina's all dead and cold, she's still plenty hot enough for me XD

Agreed with you and hope OVA tells how that END is.
Apr 25, 2009 7:28 AM

Dec 2007
so, the final episode appeared to be a load of crap. honestly, who drew it? art was extremely shitty comparing to other episodes. and what was with that surprised looks when they saw hall with all shikabane himes in coffins... hadn't they already seen it and surprised during 11th ep? o_0
and this meaningless returning to the orphanage. c'mon, Ouri, are you nuts? do you want a corpse to live with normal children?! even though she's nice and sexy she won't age, man...
completely disappointed... -_-*
Apr 26, 2009 3:20 PM

Oct 2008
Akasha.. So, he finally understand..

The true meaning of death.. Death is the pre-determined fate of all living. It is also due to death that people seek happiness before it and thus, the reason of living. Knowing that death will come close, people would usually tend to seek happiness and enjoy their remaining lives as much as possible. Of course, there are always exceptions. Nonetheless, I look forward to the true ending.. Episode 13, the final episode which will be released 6 months from now..?!
May 4, 2009 7:33 AM

Sep 2008
WTF it cut off in Mid Fight! Should have been an hour long special anyway it was epic.! I guess ill wait till August 5th I hope FUNImation puts it on there site so I won't forget about it..
Mario1-7May 4, 2009 7:47 AM
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
May 19, 2009 9:09 PM

Dec 2008
I'm a bit disappointed on how that ended.. Having to wait to see how it will end, sucks. >.< Hopefully the OVA will do it nicely though. I'm a little confused about how Akasha made Hokuto his contracted shikabane hime.. but other than that, everything seemed to come together.

Overall I gave this series a 7/10.

May 23, 2009 8:57 AM

Jun 2008
Fuckin' terrible episode! I won't even start about how terrible it was.....
1/5
May 25, 2009 11:42 PM
Mar 2008
Really liked the characters and story but was disappointed in how it progressed. Kinda relieved that it's not all gone yet until the next episode. 8/10
May 26, 2009 8:10 AM
Aug 2008
Some anime makes me feel, "Hey, the writer really can communicate some enlightened philosophy." E.g. the meditation episode in Samurai Champloo.

This anime made me feel that the writer understands people, but doesn't understand religion, philosophy, or the big questions. The writer is interested in sentimentality.

All the same, I like the fact that the ending episode renounced eternal beauty. A lot of girls would sell their souls to be eternally young and sexy. The character of Makina symbolizes heroic struggle. Cool. It's not even "good" versus "evil" so much as "sanity" versus "insanity." I'm cool with that.

The 13th episode had better be awesome, though. If it is, I'll forgive them for ending in the middle of a fight.

Hey, anime is cool because it does things Hollywood would never do. Hollywood would never end in the middle of a fight. So give me a good 13th episode and I'll put this series in a place of honor.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 4 Discussion

wakka9ca - Jan 24, 2009

27 by HyperdriveYT »»
Oct 13, 2022 12:19 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 1 Discussion

sniW - Jan 1, 2009

41 by Ronninn »»
May 20, 2022 3:58 AM

» season 3?

gregory003 - Jul 8, 2011

11 by Silent_Shadow05 »»
Oct 22, 2021 12:41 AM

» How to finish story?

Wen_tnuocca - Jul 2, 2021

0 by Wen_tnuocca »»
Jul 2, 2021 8:33 AM

» Where to start reading the manga

saif_shdeafat - Apr 27, 2019

1 by KreatorX »»
Apr 27, 2019 2:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.