Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2014 3:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Obito holding onto Rin's body...:(

I kinda feel sorry for him. The flashbacks doesn't surprise me though. More talk about his past when he meets Nagato at the others~
Jan 23, 2014 3:21 AM

Sep 2013
Anime really brought out why he became a villian better than manga! People now appreciate obito better!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2014 3:37 AM

Jul 2013
Obito holding Rin's body, and crying :'(
Haha, Yahiko's inability to give good speeches.
Yahiko likeees Konan!
Jan 23, 2014 3:42 AM

Jul 2013
Was the stuff in this episode with the Ame Orphans filler? I don't remember it in the manga. Still even if it was filler I thought it was great, seeing how the Akatsuki was founded is something that I definitely enjoyed, and it explored the relationship between Nagato, Yahiko and Konan further. Also, Yahiko liked Konan?

I know Yahiko was supposed to be a dense kind of character, but it seems weird seeing him acting like that because he was always the figurehead of Pain, so I can't get used to seeing him acting like that haha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2014 3:48 AM

Sep 2013
Minagatachi said:
Was the stuff in this episode with the Ame Orphans filler? I don't remember it in the manga. Still even if it was filler I thought it was great, seeing how the Akatsuki was founded is something that I definitely enjoyed, and it explored the relationship between Nagato, Yahiko and Konan further. Also, Yahiko liked Konan?

I know Yahiko was supposed to be a dense kind of character, but it seems weird seeing him acting like that because he was always the figurehead of Pain, so I can't get used to seeing him acting like that haha.

It was in the manga...
Jan 23, 2014 3:54 AM

Sep 2008
Once again this show proves how great of a villain Nagato is. They were so interesting and their backstory is sad as hell. They were likeable characters with great development even though they had only small screen time.

Some characters are simply hard to forget ;(
Jan 23, 2014 4:14 AM
Jan 2013
Kazi9 said:
Anime really brought out why he became a villian better than manga! People now appreciate obito better!

I may appreciate him for now, but this is as good as it gets for him. His dialogue from now on is extremely repetitive to the point of annoyance.
Jan 23, 2014 4:19 AM

Jun 2013
Nice, it appears they released double eps. 2 eps of Naruto gayness.. mmmm Nyessssss!
If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
Jan 23, 2014 4:31 AM

Jan 2013
Oh another episode of some great stuff from the past.
It's quite sad Obito's past. I wanted to say that he is in a worse position than Sasuke... but then again Sasuke lost everyone related to him.
Jan 23, 2014 4:48 AM

Jul 2012
Funny to see some past, however I'd like them to continue with the main story =/
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jan 23, 2014 5:09 AM

Jun 2009
all this backview and bringing back dead people and all sucks it goes down honestly im not interesting in all the backviews naruto series overdoes it extremely with that -- I mean who is interested in that can watch it also seperatly in a movie or something
but naruto sucks for the last 50+ eps the fights are damn long the story got boring and -- IT GOES DOWn

I wasn't thinking bad of shippuuden befor but it went down from a 7/10 - 1/10
Jan 23, 2014 5:34 AM

Jan 2013
Damn Obito :'(

Obito is such a tragic character , his character is so artistic , awesome villain and the best IMO .

The filler was great , Nagato is a great character . Lol at Yahiko's speech
Jan 23, 2014 6:18 AM

Dec 2011
Two episodes today? Yay!

After a few minutes... what we get an extended flashback with filler stuff in it? Come on.
Jan 23, 2014 9:11 AM

Nov 2012
Obito is so good a VA and impersonations it's almost creepy, because when he first appeared in Naruto he was talking like a little kid this shit is so crazy. It's almost like there is no Good side and bad side in this both parties have been through the living hell in their lives and they all just want peace. And we all already know the ending to how Nagato got dragged into this "dream world" mess, everybody is so evil.
Jan 23, 2014 9:15 AM

May 2010
Yahiko is loveable, I'm glad we got more of him and his team.

I lol'd at how Obito at first is now even close to mutation, and then suddenly he has the voice of 40+ years old guy.
Jan 23, 2014 9:19 AM

May 2013
Understanding Obito's pain is something on a whole new level.
Awesome episode c:
Jan 23, 2014 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
I missed Yahiko, it's nice to see Akatsuki's earlier stages and some lighthearted moments on their side. Makes what happens all the more sad though.
Jan 23, 2014 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
It's sad to see obito watching rin's death, i pity him.. but still this doesn't him the right to trap all people into a genjutsu.

Nice to see those 3 smiling. And Yahiko likes Konan. :)
Jan 23, 2014 12:35 PM

Oct 2008
Interesting episode. So that is how Akatsuki got created.
Jan 23, 2014 2:36 PM

Feb 2012
Lol Obito's transformation to Madara is straight up beast.

Pretty good episode.
Jan 23, 2014 2:46 PM
Jan 2014
This anime's really good at telling us stuff we already know, stop repeating the same shit for a dozen times...

The rest of the episode was okay, but damn did the akatsuki look generic and bland back then
Jan 23, 2014 5:30 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Not a big fan of the filler parts but the comedy was a nice touch.
How did Obito cry with his left "eye"? it's clearly a mistake.
Albi-kunJan 23, 2014 7:49 PM
Jan 23, 2014 8:19 PM

Jul 2013
It's not really that out of the ordinary for Obito to be able to manipulate Madara's voice so perfectly. Recall Yamato manipulating Sasori's voice when going to meet Kabuto.
Jan 23, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
well that was an interesting flashback...
Jan 23, 2014 10:01 PM

Aug 2009
Nice episode! it was very interesting to see how the infamous Akatsuki was founded. and I love flashbacks about characters who I really wanted to know more about. It was a nice funny episode.

I couldn't stop laughing when Yahiko called Nagato a "baka" something about the way he said it made me laugh a little more than I should have. lol.

Jan 24, 2014 2:56 AM
Dec 2011
i love this episode it explains a lot... the reason that obito didn't killed kakashi was he didn't accept any of what happened that day.. he thought only of bringing RIN back ...even if its only in a dream...as goes for kakashi OBITO just didn't care for enough to kill him. i love to see YAHIKO he is my favorite character after NARUTO he was a strong shinobi with great personality just like NARUTO they both had so much love and faith in JIRAYA is just great seeing him.. and i am surprised that some of the fans didn't remember YAHIKO AND KONAN WERE LOVERS it was clearly showed when NAGATO told about his pains to NARUTO." KONAN WAS LOOKING AFTER YAHIKOS WOUNDS in his arm, WHEN THEIR EYES MEET AND WAS GETTING CLOSER FOR A KISS WHILE NAGATO GUARD THE HIDE OUT" check it out it was pretty cute :3
Jan 24, 2014 3:42 AM

Apr 2011
You know, when Madara turned himself to look young and was standing next to Obito, I couldn't help but think how similar the two looked. Is Obito a direct descendant of Madara, perhaps?
Jan 24, 2014 5:41 AM

Jun 2013
yhunata said:
You know, when Madara turned himself to look young and was standing next to Obito, I couldn't help but think how similar the two looked. Is Obito a direct descendant of Madara, perhaps?
Probably. Obito is an Uchiha afterall.
If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
Jan 24, 2014 1:53 PM

Jul 2013
lakshika said:
SandyBoi said:
Obito holding Rin's body, and crying :'(
Haha, Yahiko's inability to give good speeches.
Yahiko likeees Konan!

i am surprised that some of the fans didn't remember YAHIKO AND KONAN WERE LOVERS it was clearly showed when NAGATO told about his pains to NARUTO." KONAN WAS LOOKING AFTER YAHIKOS WOUNDS in his arm, WHEN THEIR EYES MEET AND WAS GETTING CLOSER FOR A KISS WHILE NAGATO GUARD THE HIDE OUT" check it out it was pretty cute :3
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=739741#b6m4700hR303lmRM.99
Oh, I completely forgot about this.
Jan 24, 2014 3:29 PM

Jun 2013
All these recaps. Right before japanese people watch anime, they get a sudden case of Amnesia? Because it's not like we have already seen this a gazillion times before. How can they show the same thing, and sell it as new? That is a fucking ripoff. And im not just talking about these episodes, I'm talking about Naruto in general. How it progressed and how fucking terrible it has become.

This show is going down the drain. Such a thing as filler is fucking bullshit. ''Oh noes, there are fillers because the anime will catch up to the manga too quick'' Well if the writer(s) would take their shit together, and release more, than a page of Naruto each year. Then maybe, JUST maybe we would have no such thing as fillers.

Here comes the excuses from the gayboys A.K.A fanboys. ''He is trying the best he can'' , ''If you don't like it then don't watch it'' , ''Just don't watch it, nobody is forcing you'' How the fuck can you defend a manga/anime with those arguments. That's fucking silly. Ofcourse im gonna keep watching Naruto, I'm just gonna skip all the filler shit, because it is useless Non-Canon garbage.

Man fucking mordern manga and anime is getting worse and worse. - Atleast there is still some hope with HxH and Attack On Titan... The writer(s) of Naruto really needs to get their shit together, if they wan't to earn more money, than a burger worth a year.

You can clearly see that the japanese anime creators or whatever they are called, are doing their best. Every new anime is : Romance,Harem,School,Slice of life. Or some other useless bullcrap... You combine them all and you have mordern japanese anime. A.K.A Hentai.

Right now every anime creator are either making money of Hentai or an excessive use of fanservice. It is hilarious, yet so fucking stupid. Now and then anime like : Hunter x Hunter and Attack on Titan appear. Although that is a very rare occasion.

Mmmm, now that i got that out of my system, i will rate this episode and 347 with the following score : Go fuck yourself = -10/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you read this, and IF you are going to quote me. Then don't come out with some half arsed bullshit comment. Make a meaningful and good comment. Either by agreeing or disagreeing, but atleast tell me why you agree or disagree. Because i am quite serious about this.
ramrowanJan 24, 2014 3:43 PM
Jan 24, 2014 10:23 PM

Apr 2011
agequeue said:
All these recaps. Right before japanese people watch anime, they get a sudden case of Amnesia? Because it's not like we have already seen this a gazillion times before. How can they show the same thing, and sell it as new? That is a fucking ripoff. And im not just talking about these episodes, I'm talking about Naruto in general. How it progressed and how fucking terrible it has become.

This show is going down the drain. Such a thing as filler is fucking bullshit. ''Oh noes, there are fillers because the anime will catch up to the manga too quick'' Well if the writer(s) would take their shit together, and release more, than a page of Naruto each year. Then maybe, JUST maybe we would have no such thing as fillers.

Here comes the excuses from the gayboys A.K.A fanboys. ''He is trying the best he can'' , ''If you don't like it then don't watch it'' , ''Just don't watch it, nobody is forcing you'' How the fuck can you defend a manga/anime with those arguments. That's fucking silly. Ofcourse im gonna keep watching Naruto, I'm just gonna skip all the filler shit, because it is useless Non-Canon garbage.

Man fucking mordern manga and anime is getting worse and worse. - Atleast there is still some hope with HxH and Attack On Titan... The writer(s) of Naruto really needs to get their shit together, if they wan't to earn more money, than a burger worth a year.

You can clearly see that the japanese anime creators or whatever they are called, are doing their best. Every new anime is : Romance,Harem,School,Slice of life. Or some other useless bullcrap... You combine them all and you have mordern japanese anime. A.K.A Hentai.

Right now every anime creator are either making money of Hentai or an excessive use of fanservice. It is hilarious, yet so fucking stupid. Now and then anime like : Hunter x Hunter and Attack on Titan appear. Although that is a very rare occasion.

Mmmm, now that i got that out of my system, i will rate this episode and 347 with the following score : Go fuck yourself = -10/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you read this, and IF you are going to quote me. Then don't come out with some half arsed bullshit comment. Make a meaningful and good comment. Either by agreeing or disagreeing, but atleast tell me why you agree or disagree. Because i am quite serious about this.

Seriously? Recap? There were barely 3 instances of what could be called recaps in this episode and they lasted a combined total of less than 30 seconds, which makes for a grand total of 0.0215%. If you seriously got tired of such little amount of "recap", then you've got issues and those issues are not Naruto's, Pierrot's or Kishimoto's fault. I don't know about 347 because I can't download it (fuck you, slow internet).

Fillers? What are you talking about? Everything that was shown in this episode was in the manga, which, by definition, means they are not fillers.

P.S. Seriously, the best example you could give for a great anime was AoT? If you're gonna pick an example for an anime that should represent what anime should be like, at least pick something actually good, like Shinsekai Yori, Usagi Drop or FMA, for instance.
Jan 25, 2014 3:29 AM

Jun 2013
yhunata said:
agequeue said:

Seriously? Recap? There were barely 3 instances of what could be called recaps in this episode and they lasted a combined total of less than 30 seconds, which makes for a grand total of 0.0215%. If you seriously got tired of such little amount of "recap", then you've got issues and those issues are not Naruto's, Pierrot's or Kishimoto's fault. I don't know about 347 because I can't download it (fuck you, slow internet).

Fillers? What are you talking about? Everything that was shown in this episode was in the manga, which, by definition, means they are not fillers.

P.S. Seriously, the best example you could give for a great anime was AoT? If you're gonna pick an example for an anime that should represent what anime should be like, at least pick something actually good, like Shinsekai Yori, Usagi Drop or FMA, for instance.

It appears you did not read my comment, i said that it was a problem in Naruto generally, and not just in 346 and 347.

Your arguments almost worked. Yet they were so fucking terrible, instead of coming with something constructive, you instead say that if i were to pick good anime, i should chose those 3??? Dude you are not worth my time...

All your arguments are based on what you think i said about 346 and 347 - Yes i also meant those, but i also stated that this was a problem generally in Naruto. - Also i clearly said that i didn't wan't any half arsed comments. You clearly didn't read what i commented. All you saw was that i hated Naruto, and recaps. If you are a fanboy at least defend the anime you like. Well what would you expect from MyAnimeList.

And don't get me started on the retarded fanservice in 347. This anime really is bullshit. Maybe they really should just enter a Hiatus - One that lasted around 20 years. Maybe by then, they would know how to fucking write manga.

It seems like the writer(s) really don't know where to go with this show. No more originality, no nothing. Just gayness and some overpowered characters.

I am gonna tell you this again, because i suppose everyone who watches Naruto, gets a sudden case of Amnesia, so listen up!. This is what you DON'T write : ''He is trying the best he can'' , ''If you don't like it then don't watch it'' , ''Just don't watch it, nobody is forcing you'' - Those are not arguments, those are arguments of a 7 year old. Neither is that the point of my post, if you have nothing constructive to say, then shut the fuck up.

This is a statistic on the amount of filler in Naruto and Naruto Shippuden:

Naruto (1-220)
Episode: 026
Episode: 097
Episode: 101-106
Episode: 137-140
Episode: 143-219

89 filler episodes of 220 total episodes.
40% of the Naruto anime are filler episodes.

Naruto Shippuden
Episode: 057-070
Episode: 091-112
Episode: 144-151
Episode: 170-171
Episode: 176-196
Episode: 223-242
Episode: 257-260
Episode: 271
Episode: 279-281
Episode: 284-295
Episode: 303-320
Episode: 327

126 filler episodes of 343 total episodes.

36% of the Naruto Shippuden anime are filler episodes.

And that is not counting 346 and 347. - 36%!! That is fucking horrifying, how can someone do that. That is not being humane. Fucking disgusting.
ramrowanJan 25, 2014 3:45 AM
Jan 25, 2014 3:59 AM

Apr 2011
I don't think you get this. This is a thread for discussing Episode 346, not 347 and not the entire fucking anime. If you wanna complain about Naruto, be my guest. Except, do it in the right fucking place.

agequeue said:
I am gonna tell you this again, because i suppose everyone who watches Naruto, gets a sudden case of Amnesia, so listen up!. This is what you DON'T write : ''He is trying the best he can'' , ''If you don't like it then don't watch it'' , ''Just don't watch it, nobody is forcing you'' - Those are not arguments, those are arguments of a 7 year old. Neither is that the point of my post, if you have nothing constructive to say, then shut the fuck up.

I wonder how well your reading comprehension is, because -gasp- I never once told you to stop watching or that Kishimoto is trying his best, etc... I told you that your complaints are not valid for this episode, which is what this thread is all about. Or do you suppose we are all psychics to realise that your were speaking of Naruto as a whole and not this episode, which (again) is what this thread is all about.

I guess you also missed "for instance". It means there are more, but did you really want me to write an entire list of anime better than AoT just for your sake?

"If I'm a fanboy, at least try to defend it well"? How about you actually make your arguments clear? You barge in on a thread dedicated to discussing a single episode, complaint about the major problem about Naruto as a whole (without even saying that you were talking about Naruto as a whole), complaints which were not present in the episode supposed to be discussed and when you were called out on it, you call me a fanboy incapable of defending my series and pulled out an amnesia theory about how you asked not to use specific arguments when I didn't even make a hint of using those fucking arguments.

Also, just for the record, I am well aware of how much filler is in Naruto.
Jan 25, 2014 4:04 AM

Feb 2012
I liked the episode, but 347 sort of dragged on for me. They need to move on with the story quicker.

Jan 25, 2014 4:30 AM

Jun 2013
yhunataAlso said:
just for the record, I am well aware of how much filler is in Naruto.

Good then there is nothing to talk about... Neither do i wan't to continue this, as you clearly have no knowledge of anime, other than your Sinesekai Yori shit... Neither was my post directly pointed towards you, it was pointed towards the general population, of people that watch Naruto... and the writers. Who clearly don't know how to write or make manga and anime.

Let's end it here, because it seems your brain is underdeveloped. And i have no further reason, to continue this debate.
ramrowanJan 25, 2014 4:38 AM
Jan 25, 2014 6:31 AM

Apr 2009
Not a manga reader here but woah, loads of information in the first half there...X_X The Moon is what? O_o Nagato is related to Tsunade or perhaps her clan and his Rinnegan was Madara's eyes in the first place! >_<

The other half was back to Yahiko, Konan and Nagato and the beginnings of Akatsuki but I thought it was OK.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 25, 2014 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
Not bad for half filler.
It transitioned smoothly
Jan 25, 2014 11:12 PM

Jan 2014
yeah, like everyone said, now many people appreciate Obito..
I can understand his feeling, oh come on.. most everybody know how it feel!!
right? *wink* *grinning*
Jan 28, 2014 3:18 AM

Jan 2014
Great... more filler
Jan 31, 2014 10:40 PM

Jul 2008
And the walls come tumbling down...great job Kakashi.
Feb 1, 2014 4:59 PM

Mar 2010
Obito's tantrum led him to believe such a great delusion.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 14, 2014 10:31 PM

Jun 2011
First half was fine, but second half, ugh, was that filler? I didn't liked it at all.

Edit: Eh, it was said that Nagato has the Senju bloodline? Wasn't he an Uzumaki? Or is Uzumaki a branch from Senju?
ToG25thBaamApr 14, 2014 10:46 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 1, 2014 4:00 AM

Apr 2010
I like this episode. The way they explained how the Akatsuki has been created was pretty nice :D
Dec 20, 2014 2:46 AM
May 2012
Obito.....I feel you T^T In his situation, it's really tempting to rely on Madara's plan.
Man, how I really wish that Yahiko didn't die and that Konan and Nagato didn't change.
Once again, fuck you Danzou!! He is the one who corrupted Hanzou.
Kakashi's Anbu arc is the next arc :3

ToG25thBaam said:
First half was fine, but second half, ugh, was that filler? I didn't liked it at all.

Edit: Eh, it was said that Nagato has the Senju bloodline? Wasn't he an Uzumaki? Or is Uzumaki a branch from Senju?

That wasn't filler.
Hashirama Senju's wife is an Uzumaki. That's why the Uzumaki's has Senju blood running through them.
Apr 7, 2015 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
Nice episode. It's clear now how Obito joined forces with Madara.
Now Obito's gonna manipulate Nagato and corrupt him in order to use him....
Oh, and it seems that there's gonna be a lot of fillers now... At least they could tell us what happened with the kages first....
Anyway, these fillers all seem interesting, althought a bit boring as well 'cause they all focus on the past.
Apr 18, 2015 2:41 AM
Feb 2011
Konan was so cute.

Y'know with all the confusion some people have, maybe the million flashback no jutsu is needed. Some of this ish is basic, and people are like: whaa? I never knew! When did they say/show that? Surprising!1!one

Por exemplo: The Uzumaki and Senju are distantly related. The red swirl on Konoha's jackets is the symbol of Uzushio, the village of the Uzumaki clan. It's been covered, pay attention.
Jul 1, 2016 10:18 PM

Mar 2013
youd think konan would figure out sooner about the paper.... living in the rain village?
Sep 17, 2016 2:46 PM

Sep 2014
Good episode how obito turned evil and we also see how akatsuki formed
Jan 19, 2017 11:46 AM
Jan 2012
good episode ,see origin of akatsuki,discovered first members of group initial of akatsuki.
see first time obito in/or interior genjutsu of the true madara.
Mar 29, 2017 11:07 PM

Dec 2012
So sad seeing Obito hold the girl he loves.
So Nagato has Uzumaki and Senju blood in him.
Dat Konan booty.
LMAO at Yahiko.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 485 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

50 by Vysarine »»
Apr 20, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.