Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2009 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Taiga x Ryuuji ogogog
Everyone is aware of TxR but those two don't want to realize it - the classroom scene solved it.
(this episode didn't need any other scenes; but
was nice too)
Mar 11, 2009 2:06 PM

Sep 2008
maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.. 2 more episodes left. Taiga looked cute in this episode. not what i was expecting really after seeing ep.22 though.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Mar 11, 2009 2:24 PM

Nov 2008
HoaRy said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Taiga x Ryuuji ogogog
Everyone is aware of TxR but those two don't want to realize it - the classroom scene solved it.
(this episode didn't need any other scenes; but
was nice too)

Not Haruta-chan...I love Haruta-chan he's all mine.
Mar 11, 2009 2:37 PM

Mar 2008
vaberella said:
I love Haruta-chan he's all mine.

ahha.. so that's who's that girl next to Haruta in this episode ^^

now i'll leave ya for rewatching the last scene in a loop until I fall asleep.. I guess no more comments from me this time until subs are out... as of now, I'm too much impressed to say a word..

ah.. one more thing.. the scene with a shoe-fetish was awesomely fun ^^
Mar 11, 2009 3:20 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was epic I don't know what was going on but i got good feeling
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Mar 11, 2009 4:31 PM

Mar 2008
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
i'm lost for words. best episode this season =D
Mar 11, 2009 5:17 PM

Feb 2008
twintail taiga is sweet ^^

waah, Minorin was always scary but that scene where she called him a liar was the scariest from her... yandere? o_O
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Mar 11, 2009 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
This is just confusing me. Minorin likes Ryuuji but then she forces Taiga to admit she likes him right in front of him. And Ami, who also likes Ryuuji helps! But the thing is even though Minorin knows Taiga needs him, Ami wanted Ryuuji for herself. And doesn't anyone ask Ryuuji how he feels until the very end? Why would Minorin not even ask if he really likes her or if he really likes Taiga? Otherwise, it's just awkward. I guess I'll wait for the subs to see if I missed anything, but this was kind of awkward. And it seemed like a episode before last kind of episode. Not episode before two more.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Mar 11, 2009 9:07 PM
Jun 2007
ARGHHHHHH!!! I hate this cliffhanger!! ARGHH!!
Mar 11, 2009 11:57 PM

Jan 2008
Last seen may have been tops for the series, Kitamura and Ami are so keen+stealth. Minorin's eyes went Higurashi for a sec but it wasn't too off mood. I defn liked the twin pony on Aisaka as well.
Looking at the title for next week "confession", and the envelope (probably tuition) in the sneak, I am guessing that they're going to resolve the Univ conflict and then finish up heading into the resolve of the Taiga/Minorin/Ryuuji.
Mar 12, 2009 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
i am more furious than that of 1000 suns. I HATE the direction this show is going.
Mar 12, 2009 1:54 AM

Jan 2008
Isn't there anyone who thinks what minorin said to taiga at the end was weird?

Yes there's plenty of emotions and shouting but sometimes it just doesn't feels right. Seriously, i'm starting to lose hope in this.
Mar 12, 2009 5:47 AM
Feb 2008
Ah 2 episodes left I hope it will have a happy ending at least
well this episode was a little weird but I hope the next one will be better
lets look forward 4 the next episode ^^
Mar 12, 2009 9:25 AM

May 2007
Man...

So Haruto has a girlfriend, that's unexpected. And Noto likes Kihara, just as expected. Yacchan is awesome. A-min...well...I still like her the best, but she should've had acted before and snatched Ryuuji. Minorin is delirious because Taiga doesn't know that it was Ryuuji that saved her and he heard everything. She doesn't want poor Taiga to be left with all her feelings unanswered. And it's official now, if it wasn't already: it's Taiga x Ryuuji ending, much to many people's (including my) dismay. I demand a remastered version with Ami x Ryuuji ending.
Mar 12, 2009 12:47 PM

Jul 2008
I can't believe that there is only two episodes left :'<

TAIGA'S HAIR *_______________* So loving ~~ And cute printscrenes...
wa wa wa, so much taiga x ryuuji moments... And it was expected that Noto likes Kihara. I was hoping Ryuuji x Minorin / Ami ending but I think that Taiga is fine too and it's pretty clear already.

Taiga was cute in the end : )))

Mar 12, 2009 1:48 PM

Feb 2009
Nice to see that the plot-moving scenes weren't engineered by coincidence, or in accordance to some kind of event. My only complaints approaching the finale is that Minorin wasn't fleshed out as well as I'd liked, and all hopes of more ami screentime are dashed.

Ah well, TxR for the best.
Mar 12, 2009 2:56 PM

Nov 2008
Well, it was to be expected.

I mean honestly, past all the hopeful thinking, did anyone really think that it was going to be anything BUT Taiga and Ryuuji?

The show IS called TORA (jap for tiger) DORA (katakana for dragon is ドラゴン, or in romaji [bold]DO-RA[/bold]-GO-N).

So come on, this show had one destiny from the very beginning. lol

I still wish for Minori x Ryuuji though... :[ haha
<div style="text-align:right;">1copy.jpg</div>
Mar 12, 2009 3:03 PM

Jun 2007
Umm. I think i'll wait for the subs and then comment. Though man Taiga got thrown into a wall I bet that hurt.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Mar 12, 2009 8:48 PM

Jan 2007
the classroom scene was great even though TxR is not my ideal pairing. Seriously, Toradora has put out some amazing shit. No doubt that this was one of the best. Though it saddens me when I have to here Ami talk about how it's impossible for her.
Mar 12, 2009 8:52 PM

Sep 2008
I think I gained an ounce of respect for minorin. As much as I loved the classroom scene at the end, I still favor Ami. Nonetheless, the scene was touching and I loved how they trapped Taiga in. It looks like 2 more great episodes to go...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2009 8:54 PM

Oct 2008
man that was freakin intense. im like shaking and my tears were just gushing out.
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Mar 12, 2009 9:04 PM

Apr 2008
paskyx said:
man that was freakin intense. im like shaking and my tears were just gushing out.

OMG, my reaction was about the same!!! TT3TT Such an intense episode. I WANT SUBS! TT-TT
Mar 12, 2009 9:24 PM

Jul 2007
Was it just me or did Taiga's voice sound a little off key?

In either case, it appears the show is expressing some strong friendship bonds. I really wasn't expecting a scene that was so over the top. It even went further than Sumire's, but I couldn't get into it so much this time. (I suppose because I'm more of a romantic type, I don't so much like the idea of giving up love for friendship as admirable as it may be.)
asandariMar 12, 2009 9:27 PM
Mar 12, 2009 9:25 PM

Sep 2008
taiga in ponitails with maid outfit.....too much
the classroom scene was just too great , to think that they would force takasu to accept taiga`s feelings like that was amazing
cant wait for subs^_^
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 12, 2009 9:53 PM

Apr 2007
OH MY GOD!

waahh, that was amazing! taiga x ryuuji GOGOGO!!!
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 12, 2009 9:55 PM
Oct 2007
Maybe I haven't noticed, but has the animation always been this bad? Seems to be getting worse by the episode
Mar 12, 2009 9:59 PM

Dec 2008
Chiperdada said:
i am more furious than that of 1000 suns. I HATE the direction this show is going.

yea i kinda get that feeling too.
Mar 12, 2009 10:13 PM

Jul 2008
Ami is badass as the tragic heroine as always. Minori~n actually impressed me for once. Of course Taiga and Ryuuji are stupid as always.
Mar 12, 2009 10:20 PM

Feb 2008
Damned cliffhangers.

Well RyuujixTaiga was so obvious from the start, but this show is still amazing. I can't wait for the next episode.

Minorin scared me a little.

RxT all the way.
Mar 12, 2009 10:21 PM

Aug 2007
Cliffhanger no!!! Is it thursday yet? T_T I got way too emotionally involved in this ep....
Mar 12, 2009 10:25 PM

Jul 2008
I am depressed. This show kills me dead. I am waaaaaaaaay to attached to these characters.

BEGINNER
Mar 12, 2009 10:26 PM

Nov 2007
Faust721 said:
the classroom scene was great even though TxR is not my ideal pairing. Seriously, Toradora has put out some amazing shit. No doubt that this was one of the best. Though it saddens me when I have to here Ami talk about how it's impossible for her.

1000% agree.

amixryuuji is my favorite pairing.
tho this pairing was done well even tho i was biased against it. so props to that.
Mar 12, 2009 10:26 PM

Jan 2009
hackysack07 said:
Ami is badass as the tragic heroine as always. Minori~n actually impressed me for once. Of course Taiga and Ryuuji are stupid as always.

I agree with Ryuuji's stupidity, it's like fingernails scratching a chalkboard. However, Ami takes the woe is me route is what she deserves. With her cryptic fortune cookie talk she always has with Ryuuji which is also way past old. She knows how dense he is, she might have had a chance early on if her pride wasn't as big as the moon... Ah well killed the time nicely and CG's rocked for subbing it so fast...
Mar 12, 2009 10:30 PM
Jun 2007
Minorin's scaring me. Scary yandere..
Mar 12, 2009 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
That ending classroom scene was heartwrenching =/ It was actually acted out quite nicely, I couldn't be happier. I've gotta say it's a shame for Ami and Minorin though, I actually gained a lot of respect(despite cheering for her) for Minori in that final scene. It seems to be another classic "everyone knows but you" moment. It's a shame this is coming to an end, and now we're going to see their bonds truly tested. Who will break?

Oh, and Ami foot. FFFFFFFFFF

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 12, 2009 10:42 PM

Sep 2007
mcjazzman32 said:
This is just confusing me. Minorin likes Ryuuji but then she forces Taiga to admit she likes him right in front of him. And Ami, who also likes Ryuuji helps! But the thing is even though Minorin knows Taiga needs him, Ami wanted Ryuuji for herself. And doesn't anyone ask Ryuuji how he feels until the very end? Why would Minorin not even ask if he really likes her or if he really likes Taiga? Otherwise, it's just awkward. I guess I'll wait for the subs to see if I missed anything, but this was kind of awkward. And it seemed like a episode before last kind of episode. Not episode before two more.

/me sighs

Minori and Ami both know that the one Ryuuji really likes is Taiga so they just buried their own chances to help RyuujixTaiga succeed. Taiga on the other hand, wants Ryuuji to end up with Minori so she hid her own feelings until Minori confronted her.
Mar 12, 2009 10:45 PM

Jul 2008
Loved the scene between Ami and Ryuuji. Shoe fetish, lol.
It was touching to hear Ami admit she understood Taiga's pain. And her thoughts on leaving/staying with the gang. ;__;

Really, the way all three girls acted this ep. made me gain some respect for all of them. Kitamura too. Just wish Taiga could stop running away from her emotions. Chase after her, Ryuuuji!

Now for another week's worth of waiting. D:
Mar 12, 2009 10:50 PM

Aug 2008
Is it just me, or did this episode feel way too short? Whatever, I'm more interested in seeing how Taiga and Ryuugi's decision regarding college turns out rather than their romantic struggles.
GreorgyMar 12, 2009 11:06 PM
Mar 12, 2009 11:02 PM

Nov 2007
Minori surprised me at the end, I understand why she would make that face, but why is she saying what ami was saying earlier on? After re-watching that scene, it seems that Minori and Taiga was doing what they do for each other. They didn't want the other one to get hurt, so they support the other one.

Man, I love the cliff hanger, although everybody knows what will really happen~

This episode was so intense... I cried, for the second time in this anime. The first time was when Kanou and taiga was fighting~

Mar 12, 2009 11:04 PM

Jan 2008
Gotta love the twin tails.

Wow, that was a pretty heated get together. Thought Minorin was gonna kill someone. O.O
Mar 12, 2009 11:09 PM

Dec 2008
if ami didnt talk in code all the time it would be ami x ryuji ending and everyone would be happy =)
Mar 12, 2009 11:14 PM

Jul 2008
bout fucking time
Mar 12, 2009 11:20 PM

Nov 2007
Syllen said:
if ami didnt talk in code all the time it would be ami x ryuji ending and everyone would be happy =)

Agreed. Ami shouldn't talk in code, although I wish it would be Minroi x Ryuuji.

Mar 12, 2009 11:20 PM
Mar 2008
I really still don't see what the big draw is for Ami. All she has done THIS ENTIRE ANIME is make some snide comments here and there. And besides that, she hasn't done much of anything.

Besides that, i'm pretty disappointed that this anime is probably going to end with a last minute coupling, and then a 1-3 minute after final event summary in the final episode.

I really wish i could find a anime that would contain this in the middle, and then have the rest be them as a couple.
Mar 12, 2009 11:26 PM

Feb 2009
This ep was pretty awesome, more ami time in the episode which was a plus. I was always for a Ami X Ryuuji or Taiga X Ryuuji. But it looks obvious as to which pair will be in the end.

Only 2 more eps, sadzor :(

Mar 12, 2009 11:27 PM

Oct 2008
Fuck, this episode nailed in Ryuuji x Taiga. Stupid JC Staff kept teasing us with the possibility of getting a Minori happy end and finally went ahead and dream crushed it.

Mar 12, 2009 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Bladin said:
I really still don't see what the big draw is for Ami. All she has done THIS ENTIRE ANIME is make some snide comments here and there. And besides that, she hasn't done much of anything.

Besides that, i'm pretty disappointed that this anime is probably going to end with a last minute coupling, and then a 1-3 minute after final event summary in the final episode.

I really wish i could find a anime that would contain this in the middle, and then have the rest be them as a couple.

LoveCom is that to a tee. Though I see you've already watched it. :D

BEGINNER
Mar 12, 2009 11:38 PM

Sep 2008
stupid script writers, they are going for ryuji x taiga. (though the somehow still are doing it amazingly well) but really they should have developed it from the start rarther the minron x ryuji for like 21eps because thats just bad writing, seriously. but gah im annoyed, would still love a minorin ending though....

oh and LOL HARUTA HAS A GF??
Mar 12, 2009 11:40 PM
Dec 2008
velcom said:
stupid script writers, they are going for ryuji x taiga. (though the somehow still are doing it amazingly well) but really they should have developed it from the start rarther the minron x ryuji for like 21eps because thats just bad writing, seriously. but gah im annoyed, would still love a minorin ending though....

..It's called "Toradora" for a reason, it has ALWAYS been Ryuuji x Taiga.

x.x
Mar 12, 2009 11:45 PM

Sep 2008
Yuruku said:
velcom said:

..It's called "Toradora" for a reason, it has ALWAYS been Ryuuji x Taiga.

x.x

really hasen't been, why else would they develop a 'different' romance for 21episodes. taiga only just realised then. its stupid, usually with these kind of shows almost everyone wants the 2 main people to end up toegther but this show has been much more split mainly cause they haven't even been making a romance between them most of the series. taiga and ryuji have come of as extremely close friends on maybey a brother and sister level for the whole series.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.