Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2009 12:44 AM

Jan 2008
Faust721 said:
One of the weaker movie in the series.
Yes this but it wasn't bad either. Story was a bit on the meh side, where else everything else was excellent.
Jul 30, 2009 12:53 AM

Aug 2008
Still enjoable but in totally different way than previous 5 parts. Not 'dark' enough for me. Moe and flames were top notch. And -Yay!- for Rin and Ciel styled characterss. 8/10 (for backgrounds, really awesome flames, music and Azaka/Shiki mainly)
Jul 30, 2009 1:13 AM

Apr 2008
Regarding the plot, I'm a bit disappointed as it felt extremely rushed and it sticks out like a sore thumb because I absolutely loved everything else.
This episode makes me wish that there was more Azaka in the rest of the series, although choosing moderation was probably the right decision considering how most of the time her attitude stands in a stark contrast to the mood of the movies.
Maybe I'm just a sucker for Type-Tsun.
Jul 30, 2009 3:20 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Stunning visuals and music as always. Azaka's a great girl.

Being able to change people's recognition using your own words is quite something, I like the idea of that. The movie itself was amazing. Definitely worth the wait. Plus a little more moe than the previous ones, heh. Loved this. Never got the feeling it was rushed. Conclusions usually come quickly, no complaints there. At first I thought it might be a weaker movie but it then totally dragged me in.

Gonna rewatch it later tonight.

windy said:
Azaka's first line being quite similar to (but also the opposite of) the first line of fairytale was cool.
Yeah that's what I thought when the theme song started playing. Nice touch.

Jello said:
Drop kicking a giant flower fairy. Awesome.
A heel kick is not a drop kick. This ain't pro wrestling. /smartass
cyruzJul 30, 2009 3:23 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 30, 2009 3:35 AM

Apr 2009
although it did not explain much about kurogiri's situation, as a 1-hour movie, i was already entertained and satisfied.. i can see that the approach of this movie truly is different from the previous ones (moe vs dark).. but it didn't matter to me.. in fact, i liked azaka much much better now (including the fact that she looks like loli rin when she's young) because of it.. i also loved the rainbow colored flames.. the animation there is simply wonderful..

but i gotta say.. it seems the kara no kyoukai movie series has big-time seiyuus as their antagonists..

1 - Kirie Fujou - Rie Tanaka
2 - n/a
3 - Fujino Asagami - Mamiko Noto
4 - n/a
5 - Souren Araya - Jouji Nakata
6 - Misaya Ouji - Nana Mizuki~sama
7 - Lio Shirazumi - Souichiro Hoshi

how come i never noticed it before..
Jul 30, 2009 4:59 AM
Jun 2008
Did I miss what happen to the God's word guy? it seemed like Shiki lost, and he just disppeared or something..i need to rewatch it, other then that, this was very different from the other more serious darker 5 movies but still a good watch

Azaka a.k.a. Roy Mustang girl version ftw.
Jul 30, 2009 5:20 AM

Feb 2009
I'm watching now.

As always, a great film, but episode 5 is probably the strongest one, in my opinion.
Jul 30, 2009 5:36 AM

Jan 2008
Was a fine movie, definitely not on par with 2,3 or 5, but an enjoyable one after all.And the excessive use of FairyTale(the song) killed me. Don't get me wrong, I love the song, I worship Kalafina, but it was used way too much. Visuals were stunning as usual. Storyline was weak but didn't really matter much since it's a transition for the last one for me. I'll give it a 6 for the sake of Azaka, but other than that nothing was impressive.
Jul 30, 2009 5:44 AM

Aug 2007
I enjoyed it. It may not of have left a strong impression like movie 3 and 5 did, but I wasn't bored at all. I also learn that Azaka is moeliscious. :D
Jul 30, 2009 5:47 AM

Feb 2009
Can someone explain the end scene with the cannibalism, please?

There's only one more movie left and that explains the second half of Episode 2, so how does that tie in??
Jul 30, 2009 6:19 AM

Nov 2007
MoeNekoDrill said:
There's only one more movie left and that explains the second half of Episode 2, so how does that tie in??

The last movie is the last one chronologically. The post-credits scene ties in to the first two movies chronologically, but the events of movie 7 will be the most recent ones.

Jul 30, 2009 6:22 AM

Oct 2007
This episode was cool, funny and give the reasons of Aryra Souren to his doings in episode 5 =]
Jul 30, 2009 6:30 AM

Jan 2009
Azaka moe-ness is just win. And, Azaka as a child looked totally like Rin, which made it even more win.

And now, 1 more movie, excluding the remix.
Jul 30, 2009 6:46 AM

Oct 2008
Sooooo overrated already. Really weak and pointless story, with a bunch of scenes and such thrown in for the hell of it.

Best animation/art thus far though, the fight scenes looked stunning. Music was great as usual.

So overall, disappointing, but entertaining to an extent (first half was boring, second half was more exciting).
Jul 30, 2009 7:46 AM

Oct 2008
BigSimo said:
Best animation/art thus far though, the fight scenes looked stunning. Music was great as usual.

Completely agree with you about the animation, but for me the visuals and the more intimate story line was a nice change of pace for this series. This movie may be the weakest movie individually but taken as a collective I think it was appropriate. I also agree that this movie should have been longer in order gain more character development, especially with Kurogiri and Ouji. But still, the animation and music was just so beautiful that I was a little awestruck at times. 8/10
Jul 30, 2009 8:33 AM

Nov 2007
Yay for Nana Mizuki. Looking forward to the final chapter.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 30, 2009 8:53 AM

Feb 2009
Saber said:
MoeNekoDrill said:

The last movie is the last one chronologically. The post-credits scene ties in to the first two movies chronologically, but the events of movie 7 will be the most recent ones.

wut. no i'm asking how the "post-credits" scene ties in with the story.

of any timeline lol.
Jul 30, 2009 10:31 AM

Mar 2009
MoeNekoDrill said:
Can someone explain the end scene with the cannibalism, please?

Jul 30, 2009 10:54 AM

Jul 2007
Wasn't too bad.
Jul 30, 2009 1:47 PM

Oct 2008
Production quality was top notch, everything else was pretty underwhelming. I love Azaka as much as I do Rin, but they overdid it for the movie.

Jul 30, 2009 3:17 PM

Feb 2008
I really loved this. Moe KnK turned out pretty well. I demand more Azaka now but... oh well. ^^"
The preview was sick though. But that's just fine. Looking forward to it.
Jul 30, 2009 4:31 PM

Oct 2008
Next film

This movie itself..

This film itself.. It seems to be centralized on Kokutou Azaka as opposed to Ryougi Shiki as that Shiki had very little screen time.

Speaking of which, this series is actually pretty dark.. Next film is darker than DDS. So, this is TYPE-MOON? Now, I have a bad feeling in regards to Canaan...

----

I have just found out about something...

What a relief.. Shiki isn't a murderer!
Kira01Jul 30, 2009 4:58 PM
Jul 30, 2009 6:30 PM

Mar 2008
Azakaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonder what would happen in the next movie, murder speculation part 2
Jul 30, 2009 7:36 PM

Apr 2009
Aw, not as much Shiki as I thought. Still, very pretty fight scenes.

Cannibalism scene was unexpected. And gross...

Jul 30, 2009 9:29 PM
Jun 2009
Faust721 said:
One of the weaker movie in the series.

Definitely the weakest. I wish Shiki would have done something, she sat on her butt for the whole story. Wasn't she supposed to help Azaka since only Shiki could see the fairies? Azaka just solved the whole thing on her own.

Should have been longer.
Jul 30, 2009 11:34 PM

Sep 2007
Eh... first movie is still my favorite. Personally, I found Azaka to be annoying.

Jul 31, 2009 5:07 AM

Apr 2009
Not as good as other chapters (but imo better than #2), but still... animation was awesome and music was better than in previous movies. 8/10

Jul 31, 2009 6:24 AM

May 2009
The best bit about the animation this time round was the rain on the windows after Azaka comes back from the old school building after discovering that the classroom had disappeared (around 32 mins). The story was quite weak, but as usual i forget about it due to the superb art.
Jul 31, 2009 6:27 AM

Nov 2007
Azaka was noisy and rather annoying. Other than that, I enjoyed it, despite the weak story. Animation was stellar as usual and the music top-notch. Liked it more than 3 & 4.

7/10
Jul 31, 2009 6:44 AM

Oct 2008
Blackiris said:
Not as good as other chapters (but imo better than #2), but still... animation was awesome and music was better than in previous movies. 8/10
What's wrong with no. 2? Though I actually can't remember why I liked more than the others, I just remember it was better than the 1st and 4th (at least better than the 4th).
This and number 4 are definitely the worst in my eyes, with 5 being the best and the other two debatable.
Jul 31, 2009 7:44 AM
Dec 2007
Good movie, with a very enjoyable main character (Azaka is much cooler than her brother for sure ;)), but far from the 3rd (THE masterpiece of Kara no Kyoukai) and the 5th (although hugely overrated on MAL). Great animation, art, and fairy battle obviously. I'd say it's one of the 3 less interesting ones though, along with movies 1 and 4.
JacutJul 31, 2009 7:48 AM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 31, 2009 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
Where to start? Okay, basically Incest is not the main theme, but I can understand why it is called The Garden Of Sinners, Im not kidding. Second of all, Boukyaku needed a lot of Mikiya, hes an interesting character; I can't find a reason why would he not cry before a lose of a sibling, the gazing star scene with Azaka at the end touched my heart altough I find quite disturbing the logic of being inlove of a brother.

The whole Ouji / Kurogiri / Kaori issue was a bit overloaded with unnecessary drama, I foresighted that something like this was going to happen so they could include Azaka on the plotstoryline. We know a lot of Mikiya even tho hes almost not even in the series; quite obviously that hes a main character and hes the most important person for Shiki in all this. Continued by all of this, the epic fight of Azaka Vs. Ouji with the omagawd music on the background, fluent movement of the characters when they're fighting; ridiculously awesome. I always bristle before the animation of Kara No Kyoukai.

Araya Souren; Why can't he just die for once and all eh? Its so annoying to see him on every single movie without knowing whats his role on all of this, yeah, quite clearly stated that he was friend of Touko along with that blonde Clown in Mujun Rasen -I forgot his name- but can't they just make it clear whats his point? Why hes such an annoying cunt? Anyway back again to the movie, I wonder what the heck was that canibal at the end along with Araya? Could be that he'll be in the next one? Highly doubt since Satsujin Kousatsu is all about Shiki and Mikiya's past, could be that they're going to explain what happened on that highroad when Araya appeared in front of them then inmediately after a jumpback in time to the future? Ah well, the last one will probably explain it all.

Overall it was entertaining as hell, can't find a reason why someone wouldn't like KnK movies. The best one for me has been the third one.

EDIT: Nevermind I know why Araya is out in the end now talking to that canibal guy, He was one of the classmates that appeared in the first half of Satsujin Kousatsu, so it was obviously a preview of the next movie.
MikiyoJul 31, 2009 9:18 AM

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 31, 2009 1:02 PM

Mar 2008
Even more stunning visuals than before (at least that's my impression) and great music.

On the other hand the movie was too short and missed out on going a bit more into the important parts instead of dragging some unimportant ones. The story was a bit simple, too. It felt a bit unusual for KnK, though I didn't dislike it. But it was weaker than several other ones.

Two things I didn't really get, though:

1. What was that flower? A minion of that magus which controlled the fairies?

2. How did the fight with the magus end? It seemed to me Shiki was able to stab him, though it was mentioned afterwards that he is still alive?
Jul 31, 2009 3:01 PM

Apr 2009
I guess this is the first Rakkyo movie I've watched where I didn't know what to expect. I read some of the novel translations for 1-5. It seems the biggest complaint about this one was that it got rid of a lot from the novel?

Jul 31, 2009 3:37 PM

Feb 2009
Ain't the best from the six, but can barely wait for the seventh.
Another note in my book big brothers are made to be hated not fail in love with.
Jul 31, 2009 4:38 PM

Apr 2007
I don't like Azaka. But then again, I'm not too fond of incest, unless it's worked really carefully. So yeah, she pretty much made me watch the thing with no real spark of interest.

The story was also not the best - felt a too simplistic, but I think I'm still under the effect of the mindblowing 5th movie - a feeling that is likely to not disappear completely. I loved the guy's power, I love it when words are treated as weapons, and I'm disappointed that they didn't explore him and his fight with Shiki more. I felt they were trying too hard with Azaka, but I haven't read the novels, so I can't say much on this matter.

Still good and gorgeous to the eyes and ears, and I like it when people mess with memories and the like.

I felt like the scene after the credits was worth more than the whole movie, haha.
Jul 31, 2009 4:41 PM

May 2008
Like all the others said, the animation was superb even during the fight scene, Azaka kicking major butt was the best part. (Azaka's magic is beautiful though those fairies were kinda ugly.) The music was great too, not to mention the post-credits. XD

But the story does kinda kill it; I mean, it was obvious who the culprits were once you saw them in the beginning. Maybe it was intentional but for me it ruined the mystery a bit. The revenge Ouji wanted was weak too, too bad they couldn't make the movie longer so they could of flesh out the characters (other Azaka and Shiki) more. Would of made the plot a lot more interesting then it is.

Great movie nonetheless, it makes Azaka more likeable instead of just 'being there'. 8/10

Is it just me or does the water in this show always look beautiful and attention grabbing?
Jul 31, 2009 6:08 PM

Feb 2008
great movie, this director didn't have the luck to work with the most epic material like 3 or 5 but it was still fucking great.

also that preview for seven was edgy as hell, makes the first eight minutes of elfen lied look like childs play if you ask me just because of the topic and the way its dealt with.
Jul 31, 2009 6:30 PM

Apr 2009
6th was probably the worst movie imo... shiki>azaka... so im biased xD, it was too short, but still was solid, even though it felt sub par...

7th movie looks epic win ^_^
Jul 31, 2009 10:58 PM

Feb 2009
The worst movie of all 6 so far. Specially after movie 5 with an awesome story this one was too disappointing. The animation and music were great and only for that reason I give it a 7/10 but if the production wasn't as good as it is even a 4/10 would be too much for this movie in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to the 7th movie.

Aug 2, 2009 12:46 AM

Jan 2009
That was epic awesomeness. 5th movie was better than 4 previous but Oblivion Recording was even greater. The story was very interesting and non-predictable. Azaka was awesome, and the fight visuals were the best I've ever seen. I really wish I would have seen this on the big screen of the movie theater. I hope they'll release a blu-ray version
Aug 2, 2009 1:27 AM

Jan 2008
Obviously, it's Azaka show. Animation was still great though shorter fights this time. Simple story telling but it was enjoyable and lighter this time. That flower? Kinda lame though.

Up until now, it's still probably movie 3 that I found the best of them all.

Towards the end which is probably the preview for movie 7 - Yuck, that nearly made me vomit.
Aug 2, 2009 5:19 AM

Jul 2008
I almost fell asleep.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Aug 2, 2009 11:49 AM

Sep 2008
kokuro said:
The worst movie of all 6 so far. Specially after movie 5 with an awesome story this one was too disappointing. The animation and music were great and only for that reason I give it a 7/10 but if the production wasn't as good as it is even a 4/10 would be too much for this movie in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to the 7th movie.

Same here, but i give 6 for graphic.
"In 2009, in a survey asking its respondents "which manga do you think is the most interesting?" in a pool of 6000, Kuso Miso Technique came at 11th, beating popular manga such as Gintama and Detective Conan." Wiki
Aug 2, 2009 12:47 PM

Sep 2007
hahah, this series has such clumsy writing. Loved how they tried to handle a mature subject like incest but ended up making it awkwardly hilarious.

Oh, and the ending, with the cannibalism. Where the dead sorcerer guy says "That's regrettable... you were one letter away from being a lion (shishi)" Was that supposed to be implying that that dude was Shiki? If so... sex change, what. This series just keeps getting more and more fan-fic-ish.

On the other hand, maybe he was just referring to one of the dozen other Shiki's in the nasu-verse. I swear he has some bizarre obsession with that name.
Aug 2, 2009 1:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
naikou said:
<snip>

Lol.

But anyway http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=67705&show=40#msg4095329 .

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 2, 2009 2:06 PM

Sep 2007
cyruz said:
naikou said:
<snip>

Lol.

But anyway http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=67705&show=40#msg4095329 .

Damn. I was hoping Kokuto would have to make good on his "I would like Shiki even if she were a guy" statement.

Or wait, didn't she have a male personality anyway or something?
Aug 2, 2009 3:02 PM

Mar 2008
naikou said:

Not sure if I still remember it that clearly, but I think she originally had a male and a female personality. The male one fell kind of in love with Kokuto, but died later on in the accident. Now the female one is trying to act male in an attempt to replace her missing half. But it seems her initial dislike of Kokuto slowly turns into love, too.
Aug 2, 2009 6:37 PM

Feb 2008
Forever said:
naikou said:

Not sure if I still remember it that clearly, but I think she originally had a male and a female personality. The male one fell kind of in love with Kokuto, but died later on in the accident. Now the female one is trying to act male in an attempt to replace her missing half. But it seems her initial dislike of Kokuto slowly turns into love, too.

Unless I'm missing something here, the male Shiki never fell in love with Kokuto as far as I can remember. If she did, she wouldn't have, you know, tried to kill him. If anything, I thought the female Shiki was the one who slowly developed something for Kokuto. And Touko says the current Shiki's personality is more like a new third personality because she isn't a complete normal school girl like the original female shiki and isn't entirely cold like the original male shiki (because she displays a really playful attitude sometimes).

and i don't think shiki's ever really disliked kokuto to begin with.
Aug 3, 2009 12:01 AM

Mar 2008
Red_Comet said:
Unless I'm missing something here, the male Shiki never fell in love with Kokuto as far as I can remember. If she did, she wouldn't have, you know, tried to kill him. If anything, I thought the female Shiki was the one who slowly developed something for Kokuto. And Touko says the current Shiki's personality is more like a new third personality because she isn't a complete normal school girl like the original female shiki and isn't entirely cold like the original male shiki (because she displays a really playful attitude sometimes).

and i don't think shiki's ever really disliked kokuto to begin with.

Well, maybe love was not the right word, but a strong liking it is. I rewatched that scene in movie 2 again and it's the male Shiki that liked Kokuto and the female one who tried to kill him and didn't really like him initially in movie 2. The male one clearly states that the female side has the complete control over the body. So you got it the other way round.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.