Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2013 5:18 PM

Mar 2013
I demand season 2 now!!!!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Sep 27, 2013 5:21 PM

Nov 2009
Well this was quite possibly one of the worst animes that i ever saw.
Pink blood, bad art style, non existent or very VERY bad story, shallow character and cliffhanger ending.

If i look at the score i think this post will get me a lot of hate but whatever.
But wow...seems like i can rate an anime with a 1 score here.
Sep 27, 2013 5:22 PM

Dec 2011
I really liked this series and the plot around it. It's a typical survival game, but I like these kinds of anime. I hope they make Super Dangan Ronpa 2 an anime, and at the end it suggests that it will happen.
I also wanted to see what kind of world they stepped into. I don't like anime leaving it with a blank white space for our imagination to run wild.
Overall its a 9/10
Sep 27, 2013 5:49 PM

Sep 2011
Kind of meh all around overall. Ending was just lol worthy. Wasn't that bad I guess... 6.5/10.
Sep 27, 2013 5:50 PM

Apr 2009
Well, that was bad. I'm probably being too harsh since I was EXPECTING it to be bad, but still. 3/10.
Sep 27, 2013 5:55 PM
May 2011
please tell me they completely bastardized the source material? Never have i facepalmed so much at a Finale ep. this was honestly one of the worst Anime i have ever seen. if it weren't for Celes and Junko, this would be the worst
Sep 27, 2013 5:55 PM

Dec 2012
Saito6689 said:
Pink blood, bad art style, non existent or very VERY bad story, shallow character and cliffhanger ending.

If i look at the score i think this post will get me a lot of hate but whatever.

it was special, not bad.
Sep 27, 2013 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
bad ending I think, everything so unclear. well, maybe it was the trigger for season 2 if not I'll really disappointing..
Sep 27, 2013 6:23 PM

Jan 2011
thank god i did myself a favor and read the rest of it,honestly if they had made this 26 episodes it could have turned out an bit better (still think P4 is one of the better more recent game adaptations)

Junko's VA is great so at least that made this "lame!" ending watchable

time to start reading Super since there seems to be hints for it.
Sep 27, 2013 6:24 PM

May 2012
LOL. Laughable. 3/10. Overall - 3/10.
Dat female monokuma at the end, DR2 anime adaptation confirmed.

Zero Escape > DR
ShirubaasouruSep 27, 2013 6:32 PM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 27, 2013 6:28 PM

Apr 2008
The final episode was executed the best, but overall for a video game anime adaption, it could've been done alot better and not at the quickened pace it was done at. Still recommend playing the game afterwards. I would give this generously about 6/10. Still love Kirigiri <3

Sep 27, 2013 6:31 PM

Apr 2012
even in a semi shitty adaptation, that epic final debate scene will always give me chills. <3
AND YES SDR2 CONFIRMED
MONOOOOOOMMMMIIIIIII <3333
i rate this show a 7.5/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2013 6:33 PM

Mar 2012
I feel sad now this has ended; would have loved to see more. But I'm also happy because that pink bear at the end confirms season 2, right?

Favorite anime of the season (even though I hated Monokuma and Junko) so 9/10
Sep 27, 2013 6:43 PM

Jun 2011
Sourire said:
Unit-01 said:
Wow that ending was so damn lame and cheesy.
and the series was bad all around.. still generous and giving it a 4/10

What the hell are you guys talking about? This episode was 5/5, whole anime was 10/10. Naegi's speech at the end gave me goosebumps. Such a well-developed, all around flawless character. Everyone else was fantastic, too.

Does anyone have a Naegi-esque Obama Hope poster I can use?

And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Sep 27, 2013 6:43 PM

Sep 2012
Junko went through all previous punishments. What is she, a cat? Oh wait, "was".
Sep 27, 2013 7:00 PM

Apr 2013
Reaper71 said:
Sourire said:
Unit-01 said:

What the hell are you guys talking about? This episode was 5/5, whole anime was 10/10. Naegi's speech at the end gave me goosebumps. Such a well-developed, all around flawless character. Everyone else was fantastic, too.

thank god I read your spoiler.. I was seriously about to reply in a hateful way.
Sep 27, 2013 7:19 PM
Aug 2013
i feel bad for those who haven't played the game.
Sep 27, 2013 7:23 PM
Sep 2013
hiyokosaionji said:

As do I as it seems certain people need to see the game and have it explained for them as they can't figure it out themselves.
Sep 27, 2013 7:38 PM

Jun 2008
I really love Junko's craziness and I loved the ending because of Junko! 9/10
cant wait for season 2 if there's any.

Sep 27, 2013 7:39 PM

Nov 2012
Reaper71 said:
Sourire said:
Unit-01 said:

LOL I was close to getting worked up.
Sep 27, 2013 7:47 PM

Aug 2012
As expected, the anime was no where close to being as amazing as the game - but it was still really great to see some of my favourite characters animated, and the use of the in-game soundtrack which dragged up my memories of the game with each scene.

If I was recommending DR to anyone I would still recommend them the game way over the anime, but as a fan I still enjoyed it to some extent - though the way we lost a lot of characterisation and how some plot point were barely passed over was disappointing.
Sep 27, 2013 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
A low 7/10 I guess.
Sep 27, 2013 7:53 PM
Feb 2012
Saito6689 said:

Outside of the character development part (Which I still don't think is necessarily true, although a lot is left out from the game because free time events kind of had to be cut out), your complaints make me think that you don't even really get the point of the series.

The pink blood was there partially to add to the ridiculousness of the story, and because this was a very faithful adaptation. The game had to censor the blood in order to prevent itself from getting a Cero D rating, which the equivalent of an adults only rating. But the pink blood that resulted from the censorship ended up kind of just becoming part of the style of the series, being used in all of the games and other material, outside of DanganRonpa Zero (Which was pretty awful).

The art style is purposely 'bad' or 'ridiculous'. The game was essentially meant to be a competitor to the Gyakuten Saiban/Ace Attorney series, which is another series with trials and ridiculous-looking character with ridiculous personalities. It's something that is just really appealing to Japanese audiences, because they are really into the kind of dark comedy, ridiculous characters thing. The games sell really well in Japan because of this, especially now that there is a shit ton of new Dangan Ronpa games and merchandise that has been announced over the last few months.

Also, non-existent story? Did you not pay even pay attention? Because there is quite a few plotpoints that begin to tie everything together with each and every chapter, especially starting with the third chapter. And the story is essentially identical in the game, nothing that I can really think of was left out. It did exactly what this type of story should do, it had a bunch of smaller mysteries tied together by one big mystery.

Also, since when is having a cliffhanger a bad thing? I mean sure, if it's a cliffhanger for no real reason or things that SHOULD have been explained weren't, that's one thing. But everything that NEEDED to be wrapped up was. As for what it is like on the outside world was left out, because it is not the focus of Dangan Ronpa. It is the focus of Dangan Ronpa Zero, Dangan Ronpa Another Episode, and possibly Super Dangan Ronpa 2 (I can't really say, since whether it is or isn't would be a spoiler).
Sep 27, 2013 8:00 PM

Nov 2011
Good ending overall
Hoping for the second season hopefully out by next year or so would be great xD
I liked it 7.5/10 for me but dunno whether to round up or down.
Sep 27, 2013 8:01 PM

Nov 2011
Junko's split personalities was done quite well. Dat plot!

I am the only one expecting the gatling gun at the gate to be activated and kill them all when Naegi push the button? That will be the eviliest thing they can do.

I wonder if they gonna animate SDR2, I don't know how to feel if they did it. One hand, I want to know what its about since the game hasn't been translated but on the other hand, the adaption won't be satisfying.

Sep 27, 2013 8:14 PM

Aug 2012
that was a lame ending =.= but still I enjoyed the series :3
Sep 27, 2013 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
Shirubaasouru said:
LOL. Laughable. 3/10. Overall - 3/10.
Dat female monokuma at the end, DR2 anime adaptation confirmed.

Zero Escape > DR

Although if ZE (either game) got an anime adaptation I think it'd be pretty bad as well. Multiple endings to convey all the information needed to make sense of the whole plot would be iffy. Although Madoka Magica pulled off the alternate timeline thing pretty well and really only the Safe and True ending are the important ones for 999. But still, VLR would be a mess.
Sep 27, 2013 8:26 PM

Dec 2008
I don't know. On the one hand, I'm somewhat excited for SDR2, if that was a confirmation, but at the same time...given how this adaptation turned out, I'd rather not go through it.

Junko's such an awesome character. Kirigiri & she are pretty close to being on the same level of like for me.

If I don't compare it to the game, I guess it was decent. If I do compare it to the game, it was bad.

Will give 5/10.
Sep 27, 2013 8:27 PM

Apr 2007
That was a bad ending. It seems like everything was just made up last minute with the hope and despair stuff. Series was entertaining overall.

6/10
Sep 27, 2013 8:29 PM

Jul 2012
Zetsubo667 said:
hiyokosaionji said:

As do I as it seems certain people need to see the game and have it explained for them as they can't figure it out themselves.
Pretty much.
Sep 27, 2013 8:38 PM

Jan 2013
They kept reusing Junko's scenes, and her action of using her hand to cover her face seems like a cheap way to reduce the cost of animating her facial and mouth movement. I think *normal* Junko looks awesome though, her VA's great too.

For the series, pacing was bad except for episode 10 to 12. Ending was not as well animated as the previous episodes. I give episode 1 to 12 a 6.5/10.

Overall 6/10. A decent watch and entertainment, but with no rewatch value
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Sep 27, 2013 8:48 PM

Jan 2011
I take into account that there is a second game and this adapts the first.

Still, the series got progressively more meh as it went on and this last episode felt like a big joke. Maybe that perception isn't misplaced as the whole world is pretty far fetched and crazed out. I don't think I could read one more hope this or despair that. So 6/10 on this one. Even with that said if there is a follow up to this anime I would watch it as it will prob be more interesting.
Sep 27, 2013 8:51 PM
Aug 2012
Meh, 5/10. Not bad but definitely not good.
Sep 27, 2013 8:51 PM

Sep 2011
I would give this series a 7 but tht amnesia last episode rly bother me for some reason...this anime really start strong but got rly weak at the end (never play the game though).

Final score 6/10.
Sep 27, 2013 9:03 PM

May 2011
Really enjoyed this series although it felt like there were still a lot of things unanswered. Might check out the game and other adaptions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2013 9:12 PM

Dec 2012
The final episode was alright. Junko has so many personalities. So the whole world is in despair. Overall I enjoyed this show. 8/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 27, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2009
Not bad, but not great either.

It kept me entertained though.
Sep 27, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2008
Zel_Ezl said:
WTF? O.O I'm more confused now.. because of what Monobear said in the ending. Does this mean that he's the father of Kirigiri and he's the real mastermind? or he was just confusing us watchers.. omg . help me .. esp. to those who have played the game..
and i wonder who's that another bear.. so there will be a sequel?

he is definitely not Kirigiri's father, he's totally bones in a box, remember? Monobear is just making his statement of still being the headmaster even after Junko being executed. That part is just there to mess with your head and tell you that this isn't over.

That's monomi! there is a sequel to the game but about the anime, we will see if that happens or not.
Sep 27, 2013 9:35 PM

May 2009
Wow, interesting... finale. On to DR2, perhaps?

Kupupupu~

Sep 27, 2013 9:37 PM

May 2011
THE BATH SCENE SCREENSHOT WAS ADAPTED YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was very disappointed to see that it wasn't animated, but a screencap is OK nonetheless.

Junko might have just surpassed Asahina in my book. Her multiple personalities are so fun.
Sep 27, 2013 9:38 PM
Jul 2012
I'm not sure how I feel about this series. It seemed pretty ridiculous and over the top but I guess it did manage to keep me pretty entertained. I'll probably pick up the game to get another perspective of the story.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Sep 27, 2013 9:48 PM

Aug 2013
Good way to go out. I lived the dialodue and OST~

See you soon Monomi to Monokuma (damn he's like the terminator)

7/10
*facepalm*
Sep 27, 2013 9:52 PM

Apr 2010
This adaptation was very rushed, although there were some cool bits. I still can't bring myself to give it more than a 6/10, though.
Sep 27, 2013 9:59 PM

Sep 2011
Dat power of friendship...
Sep 27, 2013 10:20 PM
Mar 2013
I didn't really like the hero kinda thing where Naegi shoots hope at the other students. It was just bleh....
Sep 27, 2013 10:24 PM

Jul 2012
...eh, none-too-impressed.

I really really enjoyed this series but the ending really puts a damper on things. It just wasn't...exciting like I had hoped (felt a bit childish with all those bullets flying around). And I also felt they left a few things unexplained...I personally feel a bit confused.

I was able to excuse the lack-of-suspense because I don't play the game and was always looking forward to the cases being solved but boy was the finale anti-climatic. And for this kind of show, you really do need a great ending.

Maybe a sequel would redeem it...

At least it was really good throughout :)
Ga_LaxySep 27, 2013 10:29 PM
Sep 27, 2013 10:30 PM

Sep 2012
great episode...

whenever Junko speaks, i only see oppai...LOL

that was a bad-ass speech coming from naegi...

Kirigiri's smile is a rare emotion...i never see her smile like that in the game...LOL

i'll admit it....when the last punishment has been start, i get a boner of it....hahahha

Monomi shows up on the ending credit...i hope it will be the sign that they will animate the SRD2...

overall:8/10

xD
Sep 27, 2013 10:43 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was really good. Surprisingly the world was in despair and they were survivors. I wouldn't say this series was the best because it was too faced paced. They didn't give us time to grow attached to a character. When people died throughout the series, I was like "Ehh... It's no biggie." But I am excited to see the new season. I wonder when it'll come out.
Sep 27, 2013 11:00 PM

Jan 2013
welp time to wait for the Vita version of the game to come out.
Sep 27, 2013 11:00 PM

Nov 2007
Mrameez said:
Litrydow said:
Mrameez said:
Nice ending, now to complete the VN.
Is the second game translate din english?

The translation is going as slow as a turtle, currently at 8,9%.

Sigh, that sucks, oh well have to wait for season 2 then.
Thanks

NIS America's site says that NIS America is bringing Danganronpa to the Vita in "Earyl 2014".

Unfortunately, no word on the second game yet.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

263 by Gator »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.