Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2013 7:20 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Feitan is fucking OP. And holy crap, Shizuku :O
I just love watching the Phantom Troupe beating the crap out of the ants to be honest.

Oh and speaking of Feitan, I loved that ability of his...

RISING SUN. http://i.imgur.com/GWAr6OT.png
I never knew he was that strong. Then again, I'm not too surprised since he's a member of Phantom Troupe. That ant can go bite the dust. Great episode 5/5/5/5.
Sep 21, 2013 7:28 PM

Jun 2012
I really liked the color of Feitan's Hatsu.

The Phantom Troupe Gaiden was fun and all but it's time to get back to the real meat of the story. So many players left to be put on the chess board

@GalekC

The teams have been the same since the beginning of the anime. Some teams are better than others obviously but it's not like you can expect the FULL EP sakugas like Tomoko Mori or Mai Ishii every week for a long running show. I really think you're too hung up on the animation instead of just enjoying the show.

HybridMBLSep 21, 2013 7:58 PM
Sep 21, 2013 7:36 PM

Jul 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
@GalekC

The teams have been the same since the beginning of the anime, some teams are better than others obviously but it's not like you can expect the FULL EP sakugas like Tomoko Mori or Mai Ishii every week. I really think you're too hung up on the animation instead of just enjoying the show.
Indeed I am, but I'm not the only one. Quite a few others have complained about it so much to the point where it's gotten to me, I think..

And, ever since Attack on Titan, it seems like people have been judging lots of anime based mainly on their animation quality.
It's like, what is this? The lame old argument of graphics making a video game?

In any case, I'm sure this episode has some comedic content on top all the other Ryodan shenanigans to make up for it.
Can't wait to see how Feitan's "Chinese" is handled through Mr. Kappei Yamaguchi's voice.
GalekCSep 21, 2013 8:09 PM
Sep 21, 2013 9:03 PM

Oct 2009
Hurray for half-naked Shizuku...

Feitan was badass in that ep as expected.
Sep 21, 2013 9:07 PM

May 2011
Ahh, it feels like forever since I read this part, Feitan is as amazing as I remembered in that brilliant shining pissed off moment. xD And even in all the craziness I have to have some respect for Kalluto not backing down either.

I had that weird moment of being extremely touched by the particular kind of mercy the Spiders would offer up to those who couldn't live like that.
fiore777Sep 21, 2013 9:11 PM
Sep 21, 2013 9:28 PM

Mar 2013
After seeing Feitan's nen ability animated, I truly wonder if that other team is as powerful or even stronger..

Anyways, my nigga Feitan went off though. Zazan really fucked up with her ignorance and being too naive. Shalnark pointed out she's knows how to use her nen, but she wasn't truly smart with it. A more experienced nen user would notice the surroundings and run like hell spamming ren over it;s body during Feitan's "delay" time.

I was thinking the exact same thing Shizuku was saying the whole time and before when Pike was dead. If Pike was smart, it should've stopped Shizuku's movements with her legs which gives a few second interval to web the wrists then use his web that comes out his ass. Also, it should've noticed that if Shizuku read an opponents movement only once then he could've took advantage of that if he could.

I guess it's just all experience the Phantom Troupe had lol

I guess I'm just over thinking things haha
Sep 21, 2013 9:36 PM
Apr 2013
And this is why the Phantom Troupe are pure awesome-sauce. And that Kappei Yamaguchi maniacal laugh.

And is that another sibling in that brief flashback of Kalluto's? No spoilers please.

I feel as if the animation complaints are absurd IMHO. I dare anyone to find me five anime with as much consistent quality and are as long as Hunter x Hunter...
Sep 21, 2013 9:40 PM

Aug 2012
Man the Troupe are such beast especially Feitan. Using a sun to scorch his enemy to a burnt crisp that is just too awesome.

Sep 21, 2013 9:50 PM
Apr 2013
Okay. Whose the troll who keeps rating episodes here a one? Cause quite frankly, you are a coward for not showing and explaining yourself.
Sep 21, 2013 10:04 PM

Oct 2011
Dat Pain Packer ability doe...

Feitan just putting the icing on the cake. People wondered how badass the Ryodan really was, and this just capped it off with the only member's ability yet to be seen being Nobunaga. This is why nobody can fuck with the Spiders.
Sep 21, 2013 10:07 PM

Jul 2013
Feitans power was cool and all..

But I gotta show my love for Phinks and Kalluto!

Phinks was kick ass this episode, through and through. Then he of course finished big, with the whole "Mercy kill" line. And Kalluto was hilarious. He reminded me of Zushi when he was watching Gon and Killua pass him up. He wanted to watch Feitan fight so badly, but Phinks picked him up and dove into cover. Awesome :)!!!
Sep 21, 2013 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
Dayum, Feitan is on a completely different level. I love his maniacal laugh. This battle really showed just how freakin' lucky Gon and the gang were back in the York Shin. Looks like they're finally on the move as well, I really wanna see them in action again.

On a random note though, I'm really starting to miss Kurapika, Leorio, and especially Hisoka.
Sep 21, 2013 10:24 PM

Nov 2009
Mazaev said:
Awesome ep, so basically the weaker Feitan is going into his Pain Packer state the stronger the sun gets. Is that what he meant when he said ashame you didn't hurt me more, you would of died faster?

Pretty awesome fights regardless, preview for next week looked interesting too.

Not quite, Pain Packer becomes more powerful depending on how much damage Feitan receives from the enemy.
Sep 21, 2013 10:26 PM

Jan 2009
damn Feitan is strong and Kalluto is envious because he is outclassed and lol Shizuku is hot when naked
Sep 21, 2013 10:33 PM

Jul 2013
Feitan's Painpacker ability is beast. Pretty sure there are many variations to that ability, would love to see more in the future.

Zazan is strong too but just not as well versed in Nen to full utilize her strength and abilities, what a waste.

The Phantom Troupe powers are definitely at the top and on par with these ants, the fact that Bonolenov and Feitan have to use their Nen abilities goes to show how strong those ants were despite all of them being annihilated. I also like that they actually have more depth and character than most villains in anime, like the part whereby they do not actually care about Feitan's death but who will be replacing him in battle and the calm casualness in battle.

If they really love HxH fans, they should make an epic arc/movie just based on Phantom troupe, would love to see more nen battles and carnage.
WickerSep 21, 2013 10:42 PM
Sep 21, 2013 10:46 PM

May 2013
Feitan is a beast.
Sep 21, 2013 10:48 PM

Sep 2013
loved how the rest of PT went ''shit...let's get out of here''
Sep 21, 2013 10:49 PM

May 2013
Hehehe Shizuku's fight XD
"we're both stupid"

Still hard for me to see Kalluto as male, that getup cant get more feminine
Sep 21, 2013 10:52 PM

Feb 2012
TassadarV said:

But his voice sounds somehow really masculine.
Sep 21, 2013 10:54 PM

Jul 2013
TassadarV said:
"we're both stupid"

Never heard of feminine males who do cross dressing?

In fact it is an in thing in Japan for straight men to dress up and put make up like girls, apparently the women there find it attractive and a big turn on....?
Sep 21, 2013 11:14 PM

May 2013
Wicker said:
TassadarV said:
"we're both stupid"

Never heard of feminine males who do cross dressing?

In fact it is an in thing in Japan for straight men to dress up and put make up like girls, apparently the women there find it attractive and a big turn on....?
Its not new to me, but still can't get used to it. I know Togashi has a lot of these type of characters in his other works.
Sep 21, 2013 11:24 PM

Jul 2012
feitan my fav troupe nice way to show off dude
Cty Best mid
Sep 21, 2013 11:25 PM

Jul 2013
Kurokokoy said:
feitan my fav troupe nice way to show off dude

Agree, I love that his ability frightens the other members.
Sep 21, 2013 11:28 PM

Jul 2012
is killua the favorite sibling of the zoldycks??
Cty Best mid
Sep 21, 2013 11:37 PM
Aug 2011
Feitan hollaaaaaaaaa

MCAL said:
Okay. Whose the troll who keeps rating episodes here a one? Cause quite frankly, you are a coward for not showing and explaining yourself.

lol
Sep 21, 2013 11:39 PM

May 2013
Kurokokoy said:
is killua the favorite sibling of the zoldycks??
Yup
Sep 21, 2013 11:45 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Loved Feitan's Pain Packer- Rising Sun was awesome. Yes back to Gon and Killiua next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 21, 2013 11:45 PM

Sep 2012
Feitan was a fucking BADASS in this episode. I needed a reason to have a shower and change my underwear this week and this was it.

2 episodes from now is when it will get hectic up until the end of the arc. Besides Breaking Bad, HxH is the only show I count down the days until the next episode, these few weeks will be painful
Sep 22, 2013 12:19 AM
Feb 2013
Flume said:
Feitan was a fucking BADASS in this episode. I needed a reason to have a shower and change my underwear this week and this was it.

Tell me about it.
Sep 22, 2013 12:31 AM
Sep 2013
Great episode 4/5, a lot better than the last weeks. Feitan was just..LOL! BEAST!!! I can't wait to get back to the main story, episode 95 really left me hanging.

Flume said:

2 episodes from now is when it will get hectic up until the end of the arc. Besides Breaking Bad, HxH is the only show I count down the days until the next episode, these few weeks will be painful

Meaning what exactly? Two more regular build up episodes until this arc kicks it up a notch permanently? If so, that's extremely good news. Even if this arc has been good so far, along with having the most storytelling potential (from where we are, the story can take so many directions), it is also the only arc in the series with occasional pacing issues. If things get intense soon in terms of storytelling and stays that way until the arc's climax, then this arc could even surpass Yorknew imo.
CresherhsmSep 22, 2013 12:35 AM
Sep 22, 2013 1:00 AM

Feb 2013
Cresherhsm said:
Great episode 4/5, a lot better than the last weeks. Feitan was just..LOL! BEAST!!! I can't wait to get back to the main story, episode 95 really left me hanging.

Flume said:

Meaning what exactly? Two more regular build up episodes until this arc kicks it up a notch permanently? If so, that's extremely good news. Even if this arc has been good so far, along with having the most storytelling potential (from where we are, the story can take so many directions), it is also the only arc in the series with occasional pacing issues. If things get intense soon in terms of storytelling and stays that way until the arc's climax, then this arc could even surpass Yorknew imo.

It's gonna take waaaaay more then 2 episodes
Sep 22, 2013 1:28 AM

Jan 2011
Whats with the troupe being able to call forth planets!
anyho Feitan was badass love his pyro-ish outfit and that laugh of his go hand in hand with it.

seems like things are gonna get crazy from here on.
Sep 22, 2013 1:30 AM

Jul 2013
DEM SHIZUKU'S BOOBIES!!!

lol at Phinks carrying Kalluto to avoid Pain Packer, Feitan will be a pain in the ass to defeat for anyone
Sep 22, 2013 1:33 AM

Jul 2013
chaos86 said:
DEM SHIZUKU'S BOOBIES!!!

lol at Phinks carrying Kalluto to avoid Pain Packer, Feitan will be a pain in the ass to defeat for anyone
Especially as long as they are a bit of a pain in the ass to him.
Sep 22, 2013 1:43 AM
Mar 2012
too much gay spider and transexual sibling in this episode, at least the feitan fight was well done, makes you look forward to other fights in the manga unlike other anime that can't animate shit
Sep 22, 2013 1:55 AM

Jul 2013
chaos86 said:
lol at Phinks carrying Kalluto to avoid Pain Packer

Seriously, such an awesome scene :)
Sep 22, 2013 1:56 AM

Sep 2012
gedata said:
Cresherhsm said:

Flume said:

It's gonna take waaaaay more then 2 episodes

The 'Palace' part is indeed incredible and that's probably what you are thinking of but in 2 episode there will be (minor spoilers)

and it keeps escalating from there on
Sep 22, 2013 2:01 AM

May 2010
ok that is one HAX ability.

also the fight vs the spder dude was just irritating..
Sep 22, 2013 2:12 AM

Sep 2012
DAT SHIZUKU.

Great episode! You gotta love how tsundere Phinks is.
Sep 22, 2013 2:26 AM
Oct 2011
Double the fanservice, double the awesomeness!

"That ability is literally a pain in the ass"
"You won't win unless you have an ace in the hole"
Nice puns.

Oh and was that "it" in the Zoldyck family picture? Or did I miss someone from their family?
Sep 22, 2013 2:33 AM

Jun 2012
Wow, Feitan, probably tied with Killua for my opinion on the coolest character in this series. That was so cool!
, as I get closer to thinking of bumping my rating to a 9/10, and have been thinking about it for a long time.

Sep 22, 2013 3:27 AM

Apr 2013
Shizuku is awesome.
Do I even need to point out how great and badass Feitan is?
and his face when he was running from Phinks is hilarious.
these last two episodes were fantastic.
SalxerSep 22, 2013 3:35 AM
Sep 22, 2013 4:07 AM
Mar 2013
Awesome episode, too bad Feitan didn't really curse in Chinese.
Sep 22, 2013 4:46 AM

Jun 2010
feitan is the main star in this ep!
finally i got to see his ability xD
Sep 22, 2013 4:50 AM

Dec 2011
Holy smokes, Shizuku is so hot in her underwear...

And, Feitan, such an awesome beast. As expected of my favorite PT member.
Really loved this Gaiden.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2013 5:26 AM

Nov 2012
Nice :)

Sep 22, 2013 6:36 AM

Oct 2009
Shizuku was always my favorite, I waited for so long to see this fight...

Edit: [img] tags dont work? :|
TheDodoSep 22, 2013 6:43 AM
Sep 22, 2013 7:05 AM

Nov 2012
one zazan hate this episode.
Sep 22, 2013 7:14 AM

Dec 2010
the thing that struck me was the purpose of showing phantom troupe abilities particularly , or even was there any purpose at all...most likely togashi wanted to give us some clue about what to expect next

i read the arc long ago and probably forgot most of the details ... but whatever, watching the last 2 episodes i believe togashi wanted to establish something that only phantom troupe could prove

phinks won because of raw power (not his peak power )
Bonolenov won by summoning jupiter size sound wave , raw power
Shalnark became kind of super saiyan , raw power
kalluto , well that was his ability , was there any strategy involved ?
faitan , he won plain summoning a sun like object , not much strategy but huge raw power
Shizuku could suck blood , won by the raw power mostly

the thing is gon and gang has less crazier abilities compared to raw power of summoning sun,jupitar,sucking blood and their powers has more likely to do with mixing up strategies (remember morel+knuckle vs cheetu ? )
so when even higher level of ants appear,only raw power is not much of an effective option where you cant have op powers like summoning sun ...you also need wit and strategies with huge aura ...so the situation is more unstable at this point for one vs one rather than a 2 vs 1 match... probably that could also be a reason behind troupes short appearance and showing only their raw powers mostly... good job togashi !!

or maybe am thinking too much... but just wanted to find out reasons behind troupes short appearance and revealing their power at this specific point of story which was bugging me ...
headless_nickSep 22, 2013 7:45 AM
Sep 22, 2013 7:29 AM

May 2013
Well, villains saving their hometown are certainly fun to watch.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.