Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2009 2:21 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I liked the episode overall, but I'm getting a feeling that Akiyuki & Nakiami won't be around at the end of epi 26.... I really want to be wrong though!

Oh, and Kujireika got her backside handed to her on a plate....

7/10
KinetaSep 13, 2012 11:46 AM
Jan 29, 2009 3:17 AM

Dec 2007
I must say, this episode was everything I hoped it would be as a crescendo of the series. Xam'd: Lost Memories has at least one thing it can claim to be perfect: the story-telling. This anime's plot is told like a very good novel. It's exceptional. Studio Bones seems to have an exceptional grasp of how to organize the story, reveal as much information as necessary when necessary, and give an overall excellent delivery. Not to say the anime as a whole is perfect. It's not. But it's exceptional, at a minimum. Episode 25 showed me one of the best fight scenes I've seen in a long time. Something that was as satisfying intellectually as it was merely in respect to action. I'm happy with this.
Jan 29, 2009 7:16 AM

Oct 2007
The series had its down moments, but lately it has returned to being one of my favorite shows currently airing. Episode 25 was one of the series best episodes yet and I am hoping 26 can carryover the momentum.

I'm really wondering what Akiyuki means by giving the creature his name. I am also curious to see if he keeps his promise to Haru or if he ends up dying/disappearing in the final episode. Right now I'm thinking he will make his way back to Sentan Island to be with Haru.
Jan 29, 2009 7:27 AM

Feb 2008
I can't help but feel sad and pity for the formerly nameless Hiruken Emperor.
Jan 29, 2009 9:10 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another really good episode, I like how they explained the origin of the Emperor.

It looks like it will be a sad end though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 29, 2009 9:25 AM

Feb 2008
Great episode.
But I wonder how fast Lady Sannova is aging. Oô
Jan 29, 2009 10:31 AM
Jun 2007
Esquire said:
Well, I liked the episode overall, but I'm getting a feeling that Akiyuki & Nakiami won't be around at the end of epi 26.... I really want to be wrong though!

Nakiami will sleep for 1000 years as the tribute to the QC, based on the preview I'm fairly sure she'll awaken after 1000 years.

Akiyuki will either wander with no memory for a while until he stumbles upon senten, OR the more likely outcome that he will become the new hiruken emperor of light and sleep for the next 1000 years until the QC opens.

Jan 29, 2009 11:52 AM

Aug 2008
So am I the only one who thought that they tried to pack in too much backstory, and as a result, the weight of Akiyuki and the Hiruken Emperor's "relationship" didn't come across as good as it should have? I really wish that they had integrated the Hiruken Emperor a lot earlier in the show. It might have even been better if what's-his-name (akiyuki's friend) had been/become one with the Emperor. Everything in this episode felt forced, and without proper build up.

I was bored, this wasn't a bad episode, just disappointing.
Jan 29, 2009 1:37 PM

Feb 2008
Uhuh...

Anyone else feel like they missed a whole wealth of exposition on things like the Hiruken Emperor, Lady Sannova, and the Quickening Chamber somewhere in the past twenty-five episodes? I can't help but feel this is a show that would have benefitted greatly from a longer episode count.
Jan 29, 2009 1:43 PM
Jun 2007
Isambard said:
Uhuh...

Anyone else feel like they missed a whole wealth of exposition on things like the Hiruken Emperor, Lady Sannova, and the Quickening Chamber somewhere in the past twenty-five episodes? I can't help but feel this is a show that would have benefitted greatly from a longer episode count.

No, it should have been shorter. The Emperor and the QC make perfect sense. What doesn't make sense is Sannova's magic powers, but I guess we're just supposed to accept it. I posted this on /a/ and I'll post it here:

"I think it would have been better as 8 OVAs.

Cut out all the ship stuff prior to Raiygo.
Cut a bunch of the crap between Raiygo coming and Akiyuki/Nakiami leaving.
Cut out about 3/4 of Nakiami and Yango adventures.
Completely cut out Midori.
Leave Haru in only temporarily to make Furuichi jealous for the Furu/Aki fight, then cut her.
Have Nakiami be the one who saves Akiyuki after the hiruken shadow tells him to jump.
Cut out the grandma.
Cut out the old scientist guy.
Cut out 9/10ths of Akiyukis parents.
Cut out Toujiro and Sukakki."

Jan 29, 2009 1:50 PM

Oct 2007
AnimusNathan said:
Isambard said:
Uhuh...

No, it should have been shorter. The Emperor and the QC make perfect sense. What doesn't make sense is Sannova's magic powers, but I guess we're just supposed to accept it. I posted this on /a/ and I'll post it here:

Leave Haru in only temporarily to make Furuichi jealous for the Furu/Aki fight, then cut her.
Have Nakiami be the one who saves Akiyuki after the hiruken shadow tells him to jump.
Cut out the grandma.
That would changed the fact how bad the the series is.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 29, 2009 2:03 PM

Aug 2008
AnimusNathan said:
Isambard said:
Uhuh...

Cut out the grandma.

I agree that there should have been cuts, but at the same time, I think that a lot of the pace should have slowed down so that the explanations weren't in big dumps like they have been recently.
Jan 29, 2009 5:50 PM

Nov 2008
Meh, I agree some stuff could have been cut, but what's more important than that is the pacing of backstory unveiling. Like noteDhero said, the info dumps just make the story more confusing and muddles what should be clear relationships and motivations.

I have a feeling that I'm going to have to watch the last 3 or 4 episodes a couple of time once its all over to get a good grasp on what exactly happened and why.
Jan 29, 2009 7:26 PM

Jun 2007
I think if they spaced the info out better we wouldn't be feeling overwhelmed with information.

Honestly I thought Akiyuki was gonna name the Emperor Furuichi :/. I knew it wasn't him but I still thought Akiyuki would pay tribute to him that way.

As for the conclusion...I think the Emperor is going to happily accept the name but not the memory's. The Xam in Akiyuki might give up it's memory's though. So in the end Akiyuki might not remember anything from when the Xam was first placed into him after the bus explosion.
Jan 29, 2009 8:44 PM

Sep 2008
AnimusNathan said:
Esquire said:

Nakiami will sleep for 1000 years as the tribute to the QC, based on the preview I'm fairly sure she'll awaken after 1000 years.

Akiyuki will either wander with no memory for a while until he stumbles upon senten, OR the more likely outcome that he will become the new hiruken emperor of light and sleep for the next 1000 years until the QC opens.

I think this series is great!
AlexandroJan 30, 2009 6:19 PM
Jan 30, 2009 10:19 AM

Sep 2008
A good episode, but

Alexandro said:
I was worried at the end of Eureka 7 that Renton and Eureka wouldn't end up together, but it was a big part of the story that they did. So I am thinking somehow Akiyuik and Haru will end up together to tell each other they love one another and to live happily ever after. A good start to 1000 years of happiness. At least I hope so.

Is it appropriate to frankly say how E7 ends in a thread about a completely different anime? That was a huge spoiler for me, atleast put a warning :'[

But yeah the episode was very nice and I hope they get to meet each other again and convey thier feelings for each others
Snok3nJan 31, 2009 3:40 AM
Jan 30, 2009 12:09 PM

Sep 2007
I agree that this anime could have been slimmed down, but I don't feel like the ending was rushed. There was a dead patch in the middle of the series that I didn't care much for, but if they had just skipped from like... episode 12 to episode 21, this series would have turned out fine (fixing some resulting inconsistencies, of course).

I really like what they did with the Hiruken Emperor - that was a lot less convoluted than I thought it was going to be. I still don't understand Sannova-sama, but she's the only question mark remaining for me.
Jan 30, 2009 12:27 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode indeed. Going to be a very sad ending, so it seems, hope it doesn't.
Can't believe theres only 1 episode left~
Jan 30, 2009 1:26 PM

Nov 2008
so akiyuki wont meet Haru never again?First it seemed that akiyuki would just go to kick emperors ass and then return to Sentei, but then he was talking about giving his name to emperor....what the..?? And Nakiami disapears/dies? What about Sannovas sudden transformation to Egg O_o, i feel that everything is happening so fast, that it is hard to follow.

First Raigyo and Ishu, now them...disapointing, but still Episode was quite good.

"Akiyuki will either wander with no memory for a while until he stumbles upon senten, OR the more likely outcome that he will become the new hiruken emperor of light and sleep for the next 1000 years until the QC opens."

Haru, you have to wait loooong time for akiyuki :D
Jan 30, 2009 6:20 PM

Sep 2008
Snok3n said:
A good episode, but

Alexandro said:
I was worried at the end of Eureka 7 that Renton and Eureka wouldn't end up together, but it was a big part of the story that they did. So I am thinking somehow Akiyuik and Haru will end up together to tell each other they love one another and to live happily ever after. A good start to 1000 years of happiness. At least I hope so.

Isn't it appropriate to frankly say how E7 ends in a thread about a completely different anime? That was a huge spoiler for me, atleast put a warning :'[

But yeah the episode was very nice and I hope they get to meet each other again and convey thier feelings for each others

Sorry, I fixed it.
Jan 30, 2009 6:45 PM
Aug 2007
Awww... young Nakiami's just too cute ^_^

I don't claim to understand it all yet, but then again that's what the last episode is for. Definitely enjoyable though, and hopefully the characters won't all have to sacrifice themselves for others choices and mistakes, as seems likely.
Jan 31, 2009 12:21 PM

Jan 2008
Esquire said:
I'm getting a feeling that Akiyuki & Nakiami won't be around at the end of epi 26....

Do you think so? I hope not. I mean, Akiyuki still needs to keep that promise to Haru..
Jan 31, 2009 7:13 PM

Aug 2007
I'm sad. So very sad. If Akiyuki and Nakiami die, oh wow, I'm going to rage. Rage so hard.
Feb 1, 2009 12:58 AM

Jun 2008
winsomemastix said:
I must say, this episode was everything I hoped it would be as a crescendo of the series. Xam'd: Lost Memories has at least one thing it can claim to be perfect: the story-telling. This anime's plot is told like a very good novel. It's exceptional. Studio Bones seems to have an exceptional grasp of how to organize the story, reveal as much information as necessary when necessary, and give an overall excellent delivery. Not to say the anime as a whole is perfect. It's not. But it's exceptional, at a minimum. Episode 25 showed me one of the best fight scenes I've seen in a long time. Something that was as satisfying intellectually as it was merely in respect to action. I'm happy with this.

u've read my thoughts amigo... :|
Feb 3, 2009 5:06 AM

Jan 2009
i agree to the comment that this is like a novel
very good storytelling
and the fight scenes on this episode is very much a trade mark of bones
Feb 5, 2009 1:38 PM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
So am I the only one who thought that they tried to pack in too much backstory, and as a result, the weight of Akiyuki and the Hiruken Emperor's "relationship" didn't come across as good as it should have? I really wish that they had integrated the Hiruken Emperor a lot earlier in the show. It might have even been better if what's-his-name (akiyuki's friend) had been/become one with the Emperor. Everything in this episode felt forced, and without proper build up.

I was bored, this wasn't a bad episode, just disappointing.

Exactly. Too much background goes unexplained and is just missed in the clouds of the story and the large cast is slowly going under-exploited as this slow show is trying to become more dynamic and ipmpressive but somewhat fails. A big dissapointment, it could have been SO much better with a proper execution.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 5, 2009 10:30 PM

Nov 2007
Uh oh, will this end badly? Feels like there is a possibility, pretty good episode, will be interesting to see how this series concludes.
Feb 7, 2009 9:13 AM

Apr 2007
AMAZING episode, the fight was so epic
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Feb 8, 2009 2:58 AM

May 2008
Isambard said:
Uhuh...

yes, and used those other episodes to explain what are those things aforementioned above as well as other things like the abilities of Xam'ds, the Tessik Race, the geography of the Xam'd World, the North and the South factions, as well as expound more on the Postal Ship's crew's past. Just wishful thinking but it would have been great if they included some more facts as not to let the viewer's get baffled and what is really happening. Of course, you can figure out what is happening in the last few episodes but on how they happened and what caused those things to happen aren't quite explained in the series.

Hope some more facts are revealed by the next episode. And the Hiruken Emperor and Akiyuki scene where Akiyuki gives him his name is total win. :D
Feb 9, 2009 8:55 AM

Jul 2008
yeah a little too complex, but still it was ok. i would also prefer a 52 episode serie.

Feb 13, 2009 7:43 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
AHHH I LOVE THIS. NOW ON TO THE LAST EPISODE!!!!!!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 14, 2009 2:37 AM

Jan 2008
I sense a sad end ;__;
Mar 20, 2009 4:28 PM

Nov 2008
This anime's plot is told like a very good novel.

A very good novel by Dr Seuss?

Here's a QFT:

I think it would have been better as 8 OVAs.

Cut out the grandma.
Cut out Toujiro and Sukakki.
FrohikeMar 20, 2009 4:31 PM
May 18, 2009 1:07 PM

Aug 2008
The back story between Nakiami and Sannova was interesting. Young Nakiami was cute as anything.
A good episode.
KirkyMay 18, 2009 1:11 PM
May 31, 2009 1:31 AM

Apr 2008

Cut out Toujiro and Sukakki.

But they were the best part of the show :/
Oct 27, 2009 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
The fuk just happened???
They had like 5 different theme things going at once, and luky I understood like none of it...ehh
Sep 5, 2010 6:38 PM

Sep 2009
awesome episode i liked the fight scene , young Nakiami is cute as
and the ending scene was awesome as well :)

Sep 13, 2011 7:53 PM

Aug 2010
Very good story-telling? Hah, what a joke.
Dec 29, 2011 11:48 AM

Sep 2010
I really wanted to see more Raigyo and Akiyuki fights as a Xamds, and more Aki x Haru, well, there is only one episode left, so I don't think Aki gonna meet Haru again nor Nakiami.

AnimusNathan said:
Isambard said:
Uhuh...

Cut out the grandma.

This.
Mar 4, 2012 11:37 PM

Sep 2008
Crap episode. There is so much nonsensical dialogue. In fact, this episode barely had any lines that made even the tiniest bit of sense. This happened in past episodes, but I'm pretty sure it never got THIS bad till now.

I wish it could have been as good as the first bunch of episodes, but that isn't gonna be happening.
Apr 9, 2013 6:19 PM

May 2012
What a great episode, I can't wait to see what will happen in the last episode! Shit is really getting good! That ending was just amazing! That ending was a totally amazing!
May 28, 2013 7:11 PM

May 2010
I am just watching this for completion sake.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 13, 2013 1:01 PM
Feb 2008
So Sannova was the mother of the Emperoer, excommunicated by those monks and then they used her stillborn son as some Xamd powerhouse? That's why he's always going on about enemies and loneliness? So the Xamd were created by the new religion by Sannova and her white haired children to stop the Emperor and other human form weapons?

And the military was making man made human forms and Kureshida, who's family adopted Nakimi were working on a way to make their own Xamd to fight back against the South or North...I forget.

And Akiyuki is so good because he finally understood what the hiruko wants which is to live side by side with others? And Nakimi succeeded Sannova and is now the Dragon Shrine Maiden so she can stop the Quickening event where people die to make more hiruko and human form weapons?

So Aki gives his name to the Emperoer since he never had one so he can not lose himself and control the hiruko and his feelings?

And the order that made the Emperor did it so it could end the war once and for all right?
Feb 24, 2014 5:29 AM

Aug 2013
^ Ah..now it makes sense. Well it's not like I don't understand what's happening. I do. A bit. But a lot of the episodes have left me going "huh? Wait what? How? Why?" and I can't help but feel like they've introduced one too many elements in the story without really explaining the others.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 23, 2018 9:20 PM

Aug 2014
I don't get the reasoning sometimes. So Nakiami is going to sleep for 1000 years to stop the event, but her whole reason to stop the event is so she can live with the people she loves and cares about.

And then Akiyuki is doing something stupid like that and in the end may lose Haru?

Man this show is heading towards a shit ending..
Aug 31, 2020 9:04 PM

Nov 2019
I´m glad mid didn´t die but please
PLEASE
PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE
Akiyuki don´t die T_T
Jan 24, 2022 10:03 AM

Jun 2017
I don't know what that scientist dude wanted. He turned to stone. Sannova can apparently create illusions now. She explained how that emperor came into being in the absolute worst way possible. It didn't make any sense. At least the action scenes were good.
Jul 13, 2023 7:22 AM
Jan 2018
I called it. Nakiami and Yango was the couple this show needed. Two kids united in sadness who found each other but could never stay together. 

I'm glad Kujireika came back at the end and a had a hand in the battle, even if it ended up being pointless in the end. All these characters carry so much sadness. Some foisted upon them by birth like the emperor or Kujireika, others cursed by circumstance like Akiyuki and Raigyo. 1000 years of happiness works better if you don't know about the time limit.

Sannova is a monster. She doesn't deserve to be called lady. Her OG actions were horrible and her fall back plan would have been even worse. It's unbelievable that so many people put her in high esteem. Kakisu is a saint compared to her.

Akiyuki in Xam'd form was a sight to behold. And the animation was nuts too. It's a shame you can't use Xam'd in Super Robot Wars.

The English dub really butchered the Raigyo and Ishuu scene. The Jp sub was so much better it hurts. I'm gonna rewatch this episode's B part in the Jp sub. Episode 26 is my last Jp sub episode and this half sub half dub experiment will finally be over.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 3, 2009

243 by Erdgeist »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 24 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 21, 2009

48 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:23 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 23 Discussion

daveid9001 - Jan 14, 2009

45 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daveid9001 - Jan 7, 2009

50 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:09 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 21 Discussion

windy - Dec 31, 2008

46 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 12, 2023 9:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.