Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 30, 2014 8:34 AM

Aug 2012
I feel like I drunk Oku's piss. Fuck you Oku.
Fuck you for vampires, psychics, politicians controlling Gantz, the fat girl receiving numbers, for Kei who found his only reason to live in Tae, for Tae who is a shallow character, for "Kei-chan!", for "Tae-chan!", for endless tears, for Kei who wanted to go home, for Kei who decided to stop Nishi, for villain Nishi, for morals, for philosophical aliens, for wasting chapters, for the ending. Fuck you for the ending. And for the whole last ark.
Without the last ark it's 9/10.
Aug 27, 2014 4:08 AM
Mar 2011
It should have been really difficult to read this manga for several years... It took me three day to read it, but sometimes chapters were incredibly slow and boring.

I agree that some plot elements were not developed, like for example about Kishimoto Kei, what was she thinking? Did she meet Kato? Did she meet Kei? And also we don't know who was controlling the Gantz during the whole manga.... And about the vampires, I don't think anything was explained about them, like the source of their powers, their purpose... Sometimes I think the manga artists should just find a doujinshi author to continue or finish a series they don't care about anymore instead of making a YYH-like ending...
Sep 19, 2014 5:04 AM

Nov 2008
It seems that the best mangas always get the worst endings.
Sep 19, 2014 4:15 PM

Nov 2011
I liked the last arc. Better than repeating the kill aliens, die, get revived, and kill more aliens routine. Worst part of the manga was the introduction of vampires: completely meaningless, and probably an idea the author scrapped midway. No reason to waste chapters on the aftermath.
Oct 5, 2014 3:12 AM

Jul 2013
Glad im not the only one that thought this. As soon as I finished it I typed in gantz ending sucks and was led here. Man....im just now remembering how great the series used to be. It actually felt like horror(granted without being scary) The huge temple demons, the vampires ohhh the vampires were menacing AF, the devil looking demon. I had forgotten how much I liked the series when I started reading it years ago...it was pure indulgence, cynical and devil-may-care. But it was good, always left me wondering the purpose behind it all. Well turns out its just aliens invading because superior etc......poop.
Oct 7, 2014 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
What the actually fuck? The ending scene wasn't just annoying but also made little sense to just end it like that at the beach. Ugh.

Still, this has been quite a ride. 7/10 overall. If it wasn't for this shitty ending, I might of rate it a bit higher.
Oct 15, 2014 6:47 AM

Mar 2014
Man, This ending was just sooooo lackluster. They reach the climax of the arc, and then they just cut it off before it has a chance to truly finish.

Couldn't they have just had one more chapter to really wrap everything up properly? A final chapter showing what happened to each of the main characters and how life moved on for humans after all of this would have been perfect.
::End of Transmission::

Oct 30, 2014 1:31 AM

Apr 2012
They really shoe-horned that fight with the blonde giant in there.

dakotadog said:
What the hell happened to Nishi?

He died.
Oct 30, 2014 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
Idk why people are bashing the ending, I liked it. The final arc itself could have been a little better, but it still was engaging as hell. This deserves a 10/10 for me :3
Nov 3, 2014 8:31 PM

Jan 2008
You know, guys, we could also think that Kurono died when he closed his eyes alongside Katou in the sea; in fact, both died. What happens next is just his imagination; a happy dream before dying. Because it's such a nonsense that the firsts that arrived there were exactly Tae and Katou's lil bro. I mean, how the hell did they know? GPS maybe? LOL

Anyway, the manga is great IMO. There may be some parts I didn't like (like Tae's scenes; just crying and shouting 'Kei-chan' non-stop), but great throughout the whole series.
Nov 14, 2014 12:08 PM

Feb 2013
Was expecting worse for the ending (it was just really abrupt and limp), but this last arc was a bit too clusterfucky and drawn out. Shame since I was really digging it for the most part till the 100 pointer battle ended.

Also Tae didn't put on any pants for 3 days lol
Dec 16, 2014 6:23 AM
Feb 2013
The ending was pretty rushed, but this manga was a wild ride that kept me entertained all the way through.
Dec 16, 2014 8:34 PM

Dec 2011
MissileSoup said:
I liked the last arc. Better than repeating the kill aliens, die, get revived, and kill more aliens routine. Worst part of the manga was the introduction of vampires: completely meaningless, and probably an idea the author scrapped midway. No reason to waste chapters on the aftermath.

Agreed. The final ark was a bit rushed, but it's a honest ending. 9/10 for the whole series.
Jan 24, 2015 5:11 AM

Jan 2013
The ending is unfortunately too rushed and leaves so many things unspoken and open. It's better than the anime ending, but still...something is missing.
I mean Gantz is an awesome manga, I really enjoyed reading every page of it, but I'm still a bit disappointed.

It's a shame that they let Nishi die this way and that they don't show how the members are going to live on. And how they are going to manage the aliens and build up everything again.

Jan 24, 2015 5:12 AM

Jan 2013
SoulWave said:
HEY? And the the other Kurono?!

He died in that room of truth, along with Reika and the others.

Jan 28, 2015 7:26 AM

Feb 2013
Lichtspiel said:
It's a shame that they let Nishi die this way and that they don't show how the members are going to live on

I actually liked the way Nishi went out. "Snivelling in a corner and waiting for death" is exactly what he deserved
Feb 1, 2015 6:17 AM

Sep 2009
i just finished this manga a year ago but man the ending is such a let down, why do most mangakas doesn't know how to end a series
Feb 22, 2015 11:14 AM

Jun 2014
gedata said:
Lichtspiel said:
It's a shame that they let Nishi die this way and that they don't show how the members are going to live on

I actually liked the way Nishi went out. "Snivelling in a corner and waiting for death" is exactly what he deserved

NISHI is a beast
All credit goes to Sacred.
Feb 27, 2015 7:17 PM

Feb 2015
Disappointing ending. Disa-flipping-pointing ending. An epilogue would've been nice but 8/10
Mar 9, 2015 5:55 PM

Jan 2014
Such a interesting read for a long time, the ending sure was very rushed. I thought the ending would be something serious too, but we got a hollywood happy rushed ending instead, oh well.
Still, I sure do want to see more from the author if he's making another manga or something, with a propper ending this time :P
Mar 11, 2015 11:19 AM

May 2014
I know that the final arc was rushed, but I really liked. Obviously the early arcs were much better, but I still like the ending.

The only thing I wanted more was Tae's death.

"KEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN"
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Mar 28, 2015 5:41 PM

May 2012
The end was probably the worst in history, but Oku seemed that he was very bad at conclusions. Almost all the boss aliens were finished in a very crappy way. The Oni alien arc was nice and he was really cool. The fight was intense as fuck, but they finished him in a such anti-climatic way.

At least, the mangá was great until the last arc, and i enjoyed it a lot. I would still recommend it for anyone even if the end is crap.
I despise woke people.
Mar 30, 2015 4:07 AM

Jul 2013
CriticalShock said:
This ending makes the anime ending look good...
Apr 3, 2015 3:02 PM

Mar 2009
Absolute disappointment.

Don't know why I held off so long on reading the final chapter.
Apr 6, 2015 4:57 AM

Apr 2011
lol, happy ending I guess?
Apr 12, 2015 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Damn the ending, extremely rushed and couldn't he make at least one more chapter about everyone else. Eh.. whatever, this manga was a solid 9-10/10 from chapters 1-180 after that it went downhill.
Unlike most people here, I read this all at once without waiting weeks/month, so I am not going to disregard how good the manga was, so my final score is 6/10
May 28, 2015 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
I can't believe Gantz is actually finished. I don't care what anyone else says because I thought Gatnz was fantastic. I finished the whole series in 3 days. That's just how good it is. The last thing I'm going to say is that I want a sequel.

Jul 12, 2015 7:38 PM

Oct 2007
Lame ending... For all the thrills the series has provided up to the final arc I was expecting a better final arc...still, it was a fun ride, overall, just a bit boring by the end
Sep 5, 2015 1:42 AM
Jul 2015
Ehhh had me confused at vampires coming out of no where buuuut I still liked it.....kinda weird tho adding some god looking alien thing bring back the people who died and took them away....if that gantz ball at the end could revive and transfer....couldn't have they brought back the old man and everyone else who originally died? I dunno was confused half the time but I did enjoy it.
Sep 18, 2015 2:23 AM

Apr 2013
Despite the bullshit ending and the last arc "Which was dragged for way too long than it needed to be" it was good thrill ride.

P.S No more "Tae-chan, Kei-chan" cringe moments.
Oct 5, 2015 10:25 PM

Sep 2013
This particular alien giants invasion arc was a really good start, but then it side-tracked from the usual Gantz stereotyped that it was just horrible.

All in all, Katou and Tae should have remained dead, useless characters were prolonged for no viable reasons and most importantly Kei and Reika should have become an item:(
Oct 31, 2015 8:24 AM
Aug 2014
Wow I just can't understand why author rushed for end
Dec 12, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2013
Gantz was really great when tried to make a mindless hunting game.

But when the author tries to make pretentious and "deep" dialogues about human's and God's nature .. it really sucks.

Almost all characters are quite dumb, crying all the time and some fights felt dragged.

Waste of time IMO, but some scenes are a great source for memes lol.
Psycho_Shin_KenDec 12, 2015 2:47 PM
Dec 25, 2015 9:08 PM
Sep 2012
W-what a great Christmas present this ending was.
Having a "normal" alien civilization when the other aliens are nightmarish nonsensical beings just didn't felt right to me from the beginning,this arc had it's fair share of badass moments and all but it wasn't as good, also the whole god-alien thing felt like an attempt to make this 2deep4u and I feel like it wasn't necessary at all.
And the ending fuck my life it's the second time I SERIOUSLY wish for a happy ending and when it happens it's so rushed it makes me wish everyone died instead.
Dec 25, 2015 9:27 PM
Oct 2012
what happen to takeshi?
i hope they didnt finish it yet. not till we know the prologue
Jan 15, 2016 3:20 PM
May 2015
Wtf happened to the vampires (especially the two that were in the team at one point)? Kei's brother? Why the hell did Nishi ever become a villain? Why the fuck did Kei leave him to die when all he was trying to do was destroy the damned aliens that were hell bent on exterminating humanity, especially since in the end, they apparently all die anyway? That was such a complete and utter waste of time. And Tae, good grief....

That last arc was a complete mess, but I still loved the manga overall, this is just so disappointing =/.
Jan 21, 2016 2:51 AM

Aug 2012
In hindsight after finishing Sidonia no Kishi manga... I now think GANTZ's ending wasn't THAT bad in comparison lol. But it sure felt rushed.

Feb 14, 2016 4:15 AM

Aug 2013
this
The_Fan said:
I think this is the worst ending I've ever read.

this
yesy92 said:
I won't forget how great it was until they went to alien planet ;_;

and especially this
only4anime said:
Tae should've died, again

why the fuck is tae even alive? she should've stay dead when izumi killed her. author dragged keixtae so much on this arc, maybe those chapters could've been used to build a better ending.

this whole final alien invasion arc was mostly frustrating and disappointing to read, other than some good points.

i had such a thrill reading the first 300 chapters of gantz, i can't believe this is the ending it got.
May 1, 2016 7:43 AM

Oct 2014
I don't know why I couldn't stop reading this even though there were so many plot holes and a whole lot of bullshit that didn't make any sense. Despite all that it was quite fun to binge read.
Ending just feels too underwhelming though :(

Overall I give it a 5/10 rating. I don't think I'll ever forget this strange manga...
Jun 11, 2016 1:05 PM
Dec 2015
Lamarq said:
Edalnas said:
So, ending not morbid enough? Or...

I've read several ending suggestions, most of much worse than this. So, what kind of ending would you like? Add some constructive critique, and Voilá! We could even make a fan version ending!
All I say is, it cold have been much worse, and I challange you to try to come up with a "better" ending than Okus. (I'm really glad that Oku didn't try to "expalin" everything like we were 5 years old. Good endings are often short. That leaves the "rest" to the reader to decide what happened.)

P.s. Thank you Oku for your hard work! I've enjoyed your work really much!

Easy.

1. The Aliens want to steer the ship into the planet for revenge, to wipe out both races since their is no alternative planet for their race anyway. But the Alien woman Kei met helps him, they stop the aliens course for the planet in their controlroom. The alien woman initiates self destruct. The humans in suits flee with the ships, but a continious flow of Aliens try to re direct their ship onto earth, so someone has to stay behind and stop from doing that until it explodes.
And that person is Kei. He's sorry he can't keep his promise to his girlfriend on the camera, all of humanity see's how Kei gives his life to protect humanity, no, to protect the ones he loves.
The sky explodes in a huge and silent firework.
And then he becomes a legend of a hero with statues and shit.
And the girl was pregnant ofcourse.

2.OR The aliens had a beam that could shatter the whole Earth, and Kei stopped them from using that beam by destroying it and their hero. But then the aliens suicided their ship into the planet, and there was nothing Kei could do. He failed.A fraction of humanity survived.
He died and is later revived by still functioning underground gantz on the scourged empty surface of what once was Earth.
Millions of different aliens now swarm towards earth, since its easy to populate now, Kei and few others will be the immortal fighters that kill those bastards and try to find still functioning gantz balls etc.It turns out those who have been revived by gantz cant age.
He becomes the merciless monster killing the alien societies on future earth, instead of one of those that protects earth like before.
And maybe Gantz will have a new function.
Revive a loved one:1 million points.

WOW boy option 2 sounds like a VERY good plot for Gantz pt.2 ;_;

Anyway, I'm very bothered by the horrible TAE-CHAN. Yeah, she fulfilled her mission of making Kei grow as a person, but I just feel that Kei SHOULD end with best-girl reika! She has the looks, she has the skills, loves him madly... sigh. and more importantly, she doesn't go running for entire chapters shouting "KEI-CHAN!!" C'mon!! I mean, the amount of plot armour she has, in a series like gantz that has no respect for anyone's life whatsoever is insulting. SHE RE-ENTERS THE ATMOSPHERE IN AN OPEN COCKPIT SHIP FFS!.

Now, here's how i'd do it:

She is attacked by some alien giants, Kurono kills the alien giant but she is beyond salvation. he holds her in his arms and they have a lovely farewell.

Kei's clone, battles bravely the giant-alien-insect. Reika helps him, but in the end he sacrifices himself to save her by killing the alien insect in a final desperate attack.

Reika's single. Kurono too. NOW KISS!!!
Jun 27, 2016 2:06 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great last chapter, but i want moreeee!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!

10/10 Perfect!!!
Jul 7, 2016 2:50 AM

Jul 2016
At its height it was a fun campy over the top manga but holy shit did it go downhill later on.

Tae is one of the the & most obnoxious worst female characters ever. Fuck this last generic saving the world arc
Aug 14, 2016 9:36 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what an ending. Tbh the way the last arc was going. Of course they had to end it sooner than later. But I remember it was announced that it was ending just a few weeks after the ongoing. So I guess Hiroya Oku had to rushed things out.

Tbh I really love the first act up onto the Osaka mission. Even the Vampire arc was amazing. I was really curious as to what Gantz is and how can they revive people just like that.

Then towards the end, we went all humanity vs advance species, adding in mechs, other species that have humans. I mean WTF. I thought those aliens were created by Gantz, but instead Gantz is just a product of some information that was obtained by the rulers of the world. They went all philosophical at the end. It kinda ruined some of the moments of Gantz. Some plot leftovers like Vampires seems to have given up and never duel Kei and gang. Despite killing a lot of their comrades in the process. I kinda wanted to see Izumi at the end since he is one of the strongest members. He probably would have defeated the final boss at the end by himself as well.

Shame they should have ended this up to Chapter 400. But I enjoyed the ride and love the gore and action the Gantz team has put up. When they started those angelic statues, insects and mechs and people started seeing Gantz from all over the world. It kinda started to go downhill from there.

Oh well, I guess everyone is happy at the end. Except for Reika and 2nd Kei :(

I'll be reading Gantz G. Already read Minus, Origin and Nishi arcs! Can't wait!!

It's not over yet!!!

I give it a 9/10, if they didn't pull that mankind vs aliens and instead stick to just killing and surviving. It would have been better for the series.
SomaHeirAug 15, 2016 12:37 AM
Aug 17, 2016 8:58 AM

Dec 2014
Manly as hell. I'm changing my name to Muscle Rider dropping out of school and starting a journey to become the strongest.

10/10 easy Kei went from annoying douche to manly man and I'm proud of him.
Sep 3, 2016 11:37 AM

Oct 2014
I really don't know why I bothered to finish it, to be honest. I was barely able to force myself through it.
Ever since the giants invaded it was a huge, fucking mess.
Oct 2, 2016 5:01 AM

May 2014
I started reading the manga at Friday, and finished it today. The manga was much better, but I thought that Kurono or Kato would ask to revive a few more, like Kishimoto, or Reika, or maybe even Izumi. The ending was somewhat weird, but somewhat satisfying.
Oct 26, 2016 3:40 AM

Nov 2010
It was ok i guess.
I was in love with the first Arcs but then we had some ups and downs. still had great moments that i will remember and happy to read the manga.

7/10
Nov 2, 2016 9:57 AM

Oct 2014
Just finished my reread of Gantz, I didn't notice Kaze with Takashi and Mary before, that was nice.

Why was Tae still wearing just that single shirt she received from the woman that got her head ripped off, it's been like 2-3 days?! No pants nor underwear...? 🤔 I know Tae's house was on fire, but everyone else seems to have found clothes.

Why would they mention a Houjou at the end, Houjou = homo?
May 16, 2017 5:38 PM

Jul 2015
The final arc was kinda eh, there is ton of plot hole but ultimately i read this for the cool battle, the gore, and the sexy woman on the cover, so i got more than enough of that, 8 /10
Jun 13, 2017 4:23 AM
Jun 2016
It's been a long long time since I read the end of the manga. I still cannot believe how great it was in the beginning and the middle, only to crash so hard with this ending. I love the first 2/3 as much as I hate the final chapters... but I still love the manga for every good thing that's in it, it's been a really good read, the setting and atmosphere were great, so cold, so brutal (No I(m not an edgelord, but it was enjoyable).

I still have old scans on my computer and I enjoy getting back to them every now and then, especially the Osaka part.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.