Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 11, 2009 7:32 AM

Dec 2007
A great conclusion for my probably favourite story arc so far. Misaka ftw!

Jan 11, 2009 8:26 AM

Dec 2007
An okay ending for this arc. The fight was quite okay.
I'm looking forward to the next episode. I'm interested in what we'll be getting next.
Jan 11, 2009 8:35 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

That was a nice finish to the arc. Guess next time we'll get the obligatory beach episode but I'm sure I'll enjoy that one too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 11, 2009 9:42 AM

Jan 2009
Heh, that's true. And Index at last! <(^_^)< I kinda missed her
Jan 11, 2009 10:38 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
meh episode, nothing too impressive. somewhat anticlimatic....

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 11, 2009 10:42 AM

Jul 2008
nice episode though it had a very stereotypical ending. oh- can't wait for the next episode.

Jan 11, 2009 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
wakka9ca said:

Yeah, it was, it was pretty pathetic for Accelerator to get beat like that

Did anyone else think spirit bomb from this pic other than me?
removed-userJan 11, 2009 11:40 AM
Jan 11, 2009 11:42 AM

Sep 2008
schoolboi15 said:

what i thought of was 'big swirly light beams of brightness' lol
i usually dont associate other animes with the one im watching.
Jan 11, 2009 11:55 AM

Aug 2007
schoolboi15 said:
wakka9ca said:

Yeah, it was, it was pretty pathetic for Accelerator to get beat like that

Ah, so that's why I thought it was similiar to something, but I didn't know what, but now I do... Goku versus Freeza. xD

This episode was cool, yet not, as I think it's still lame that Imagine Breaker is the answer to everything. All those sisters at the windmills were awesome.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 11, 2009 12:35 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode. Touma was so cool again, but not like when he defeated the alchemist. And now, next episode seems to be the beach episode ? Even in "serious" animes ?

Touma's mother is a dangerous magician ? So cliché ^^
Jan 11, 2009 12:53 PM

Aug 2008
what is "serious" about this show...it's a shounen action-comedy.
Jan 11, 2009 1:08 PM

Sep 2008
noteDhero said:
what is "serious" about this show...it's a shounen action-comedy.

this statement is true.
lol, sure the plots are sort of serious, but it ends in the common 'guy-gets-the-girl' kind of way.
Jan 11, 2009 2:18 PM

Oct 2008
The fight went pretty much as predicted:

JJW009 said:
Jarmel said:
punch the douchbag

Amen!

It was kinda lame after the huge build up, but still satisfying.

I'm actually looking forward to the next episode, even if it amounts to little more than fan service. It'll be good to see everyone again, and hopefully some happy moments and character development.

vindemon64 said:
I was a bit disappointed to not see Touma blast the plasma bomb thing away with his right hand.

He couldn't do that any more than he could stop a bullet, since plasma is a physical reality no matter how it was created. His right hand is "imagine breaker" not "science breaker".

I thought the wind-turbine trick was a bit of a cheat, but it was good to see so many Misaka in action and all working together ^_^
Jan 11, 2009 3:57 PM

May 2008
JJW009 said:
The fight went pretty much as predicted:

JJW009 said:
Jarmel said:
punch the douchbag

Amen!

It was kinda lame after the huge build up, but still satisfying.

I'm actually looking forward to the next episode, even if it amounts to little more than fan service. It'll be good to see everyone again, and hopefully some happy moments and character development.

vindemon64 said:
I was a bit disappointed to not see Touma blast the plasma bomb thing away with his right hand.

He couldn't do that any more than he could stop a bullet, since plasma is a physical reality no matter how it was created. His right hand is "imagine breaker" not "science breaker".

I thought the wind-turbine trick was a bit of a cheat, but it was good to see so many Misaka in action and all working together ^_^

Yet his right hand can stop the electricity from Misaki... I don't know, the rules of Imagine Breaker are a bit wonky.
Jan 11, 2009 4:15 PM
Jul 2008
WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

/morbo
Jan 11, 2009 4:40 PM

Jan 2008
I liked the episode just the way it is. I definitely liked the "Good morning?" *bite* from Touma and Index at the end. So cute.

As for the fight, it was exactly as long as it needed to be. It's amazing. It doesn't matter if the fight takes two episodes or 10 episodes, you are guaranteed to find someone who's going to hate the length of it because it was either too short or long.

@ kuroshiroi -- Touma never scores with girls. Who are you kidding? His life is full of misfortune. They may like him, but that's about as far as it goes.

This episode was good enough to give it back the 1 point out of 10 that I had taken away from it earlier.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 11, 2009 4:50 PM

Sep 2008
kevin_video said:

As for the fight, it was exactly as long as it needed to be. It's amazing. It doesn't matter if the fight takes two episodes or 10 episodes, you are guaranteed to find someone who's going to hate the length of it because it was either too short or long.

that is very true. however having one fight last more than 3 episodes may be too much.
the main part where everyone wanted the fight to be longer is the cliffhanger in the previous episode, just to have the next episode lead to a somewhat repetitive fight that last only half of the length of the episode.
the fight should have added more variety to be able to last the entire episode, giving it a better sense of the ending.

but like i said a few post ago, jc staff is probably rushing some of the story to be able to stay as 24 episodes, so the fights cant drag on too long. also its a running theme so far for touma to end the arc by sitting in the hospital bed apparently.

my guess is the episodes up until the 2nd opening theme (ep15?) will just have all the characters in place for the new crisis. aka, when magic and science REALLY meet.

i must be bored for writing this long post.
Jan 11, 2009 5:57 PM

Mar 2008
man, I really felt something when Touma was doing the punch chain

awesome episode, Misaka > Index.
Jan 11, 2009 11:18 PM

Aug 2007
*cries*
No more Misaka Arc ='(

And I agree with the -nii, Misaka ftw!

FALCON PUNCH! xD
Jan 12, 2009 12:10 AM

Nov 2007
And so ends the best arc of what I've read so far. And it ended very nicely too. I'm glad that the fight was kept short, and well done too.

Next episode is yet another one of those beach episodes, but I think I'm gonna like it. I'm hoping that the other magicians will be introduced soon too.
Jan 12, 2009 12:14 AM

Jul 2008
I wouldn't have mind seeing Accelerator reaching level 6, since his powers are pretty damn badass already. His laugh is a little weird though.

This isn't the end for him though, is it? I want to see more of him in the future. ;D
Jan 12, 2009 1:57 AM

Oct 2007
Wow nobody has battle tactics in this anime except for Mikoto. Touma could have tried and punch Accelerator while he was talking or charging plasma(any person that plays RPGs know you destroy the boss before he charges up his super attack, not to mention it's called common sense), instead Touma just waitied until Accelerator was ready. Accelerator was horrible because he didn't realize that Touma was only good at short range(which after 10,000 battles it seems you would pick up some basic strategies) and just kept rushing and kept getting pwned. Mikoto knew her role was support and acted like it. Index was kinda funny but wtf there has been essentially no development on the story front except that Touma with every arc picks up a new chick for the harem.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 12, 2009 5:07 AM
Dec 2008
hah! in the end Touma can't take accelerator 1 on 1. If it wasn't for Misaka and her sisters, he could have lost...
Jan 12, 2009 11:15 AM

May 2008
First, he can move:

Then he can't:

Where is the logic in that?
Jan 12, 2009 11:22 AM

Dec 2007
Jan 12, 2009 11:25 AM
Mar 2008
Man gotta love a Misaka or Index on your back. Nice beach episode next maybe.
Jan 12, 2009 12:25 PM

Feb 2008
NOOOO, MISAKA DONT LEAVE ME!!

All in all, this arc was really satisfying for me. Nice fights, Great humour and one of the most interesting characters I came across so far (Misaka). ^^
Hopefully this was not the last time she showed up in this show....

noteDhero said:
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise, Accelerator had nothing to do with Index after all...which only means that this arc had nothing to do with the story at all.

Boring.

From my point of view its not bad that there are different incoherent arcs in this show. That brings some change and variation in the storyline and opens up the world a bit more in my opinion. Its not all about Index and her vast knowleadge of magic spells, but also about other characters which have to deal with totally different problems and situations.

Kvakond said:

Accelerater ended up to be just another retard. I mean you try to touch the guy but he punches you in the face (although he shouldn't be able to do that). What you do? Try to get near him 5 more times, then create a ball of plasma, and when that fails you try to get near him again.

QFT. When Accelerator was flying towards Touma AGAIN after losing control of the plasma ball, I couldnt believe it. This guy can bend steal rails and throw it against his opponent without breaking out in sweat. Why would he make the same mistake three times in a row?

Kvakond said:

PS.: Originally I wanted to ask what they'll do in the next 10 episodes, but then I saw the preview. Maybe after the beach episode there will be a School festival ep with cosplay cafe and after that a Hot spring ep

Hopefully not.....wait....after giving it some thoughts....maybe that wouldnt be that bad. ^^
Jan 13, 2009 1:26 AM

Apr 2007
great!
Harout said:

I just love the ending of this episode!
warm feeling num num ^_^
6/5

Jan 13, 2009 4:34 PM

Feb 2008
That was a great episode. I really liked it.
BTW: Has Accelerator ever made such weird sounds before? Oô
Jan 14, 2009 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
Touma has a mean right. Kinda a meh type episode.
Jan 14, 2009 3:36 AM

Feb 2008
Meh.

I don't know if I'm just getting tired of anime or this episode was just okay. Decent episode I guess.
Jan 14, 2009 12:30 PM

Jan 2008
Jarmel said:
Wow nobody has battle tactics in this anime except for Mikoto. Touma could have tried and punch Accelerator while he was talking or charging plasma(any person that plays RPGs know you destroy the boss before he charges up his super attack, not to mention it's called common sense), instead Touma just waitied until Accelerator was ready. Accelerator was horrible because he didn't realize that Touma was only good at short range(which after 10,000 battles it seems you would pick up some basic strategies) and just kept rushing and kept getting pwned.

I think accelerator was just way too cocky and over confident since he totally raped the last XXX number of clones. I think in most cases someone in accelerators position would have acted somewhat similar, not mention that he didn't really know what Touma's power was, so he had no way of countering it. And in theory if he threw the plasma ball thing that he was charging up, Touma could have just canceled it out. And in touma's case, rushing in while he is charging up his ball wouldn't be good either since he can control any vector, touma would have to be sure to only use his right hand, not to mention that accelerator could probably have thrown that thing at any time, he was just being greedy with how much power he wanted it to have.
Jan 14, 2009 2:22 PM
Dec 2007
Okay, don't defend Touma for his blatant shounen-style "stay while your opponent charges up his attack" attitude. He was just standing there like some dumbass waiting for his death.

Touma can block Misaka's electricity because Misaka herself creates it. Espers, in this anime, are basically altered humans who have lerned how to recreate some sort of phenomena. They are imagining what they are doing and turning that imagination into reality. Hence why the "Imagine" Breaker can dispell that power.

The only times Accelerator tried to use his powers ON Touma was when he charged headfirst into Touma, seeking to rip him apart from the inside. Thaty big flashy attack he tried to do was made by manipulating the wind. The wind is real which means he couldn't stop that thing. Had Misaka not interfered Touma would have been fried.

As for why Accelerator couldn't handle a punch. When you can't be hit from long range, and can't be touched, what's the point of fistfighting? He never cared for it. Whenever he closed in, he only had to touch people and they would be torn apart in some gruesome manner.

Jan 14, 2009 8:22 PM

Oct 2007
@kawaiimisato

Only a retard would do something that doesn't work again such as in this battle with Accelerator getting close and getting pwned. He should have seen how successful his earlier attacks were with the train rails and the scrap metal laying around. After 10,000 battles in different situations it seems you would pick up different tactics like long range battles (such as the case of the Mikoto clones with the sniper rifles) or short range. He didn't know what Touma's power was but he did realize that Touma could touch him which would mean automatic long range battle if he had no short range experience or hand to hand combat. However it seems that Accelerator couldn't really move when he was controlling the wind and I would have had more respect if Touma then atleast got out of the way or hid or just did something then just stand there and watch his glowy death. Touma actually should have just poked his eyes out(I know too gruesome for a shounen) so that Accelerator couldn't direct his long range vector attacks against Touma.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 15, 2009 11:42 AM

Jul 2007
damn too late in watching this ep..in any case, touma waiting = touma resting/pwned. he still got beat up so you gotta take that into account. accelerator rushing in x10 was just his emotions controlling him. he was never punched/touched before (like the others said) and thats why he was pretty pissed.

he had total confidence in himself that he can beat up someone like touma so he kept on rushing, never really stopping to think why he was getting punched or whatnot. and touma looked THAT powerful because of accelerator's own vectors. he always used his vectors to push himself toward touma, and touma's punch always sends him flying...why? newton's 3rd law that's why :P
Jan 17, 2009 3:32 PM

May 2008
Antanaru said:
Don't underestimate power of the guys right hand ;]

Wow, Index was sweet as hell in this episode ^^

LMAO!
Jan 18, 2009 10:21 AM

Sep 2008
It was an OK episode but i must admit that Accelerator is dumb as a rock. How can he not been able to see that Touma was only good at short range, geez.
Jan 25, 2009 10:41 PM

May 2008
beach fanservice? Well that's one of the powerful 2 down, I dunno if the part onsen episode last time counts as the other but I'm sure we'll get another one anyway.

To be honest I have no idea what the main plot is, hope that becomes clear eventually.
Feb 16, 2009 8:54 PM

May 2008
Well now, that's what I call a 5/5. I give them out easy, but it certainly wasn't a bad episode. By any means.

Also, I'll never get tired of Index biting Touma.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 13, 2009 3:04 AM

Jan 2008
De-JaY said:
That was a great episode. I really liked it.
BTW: Has Accelerator ever made such weird sounds before? Oô
Haha, lol'ed when he did that XD

Great episode.
Mar 13, 2009 8:06 PM
Jun 2008
mm i thought the fight would b better >.>;
but the sound effects when he started creating the plasma were so funny! i liked died laughing and had to go bak to the start of the fight coz i missed it all

and aww index is so cute :3 thou her bites sure as hell sound painful
May 1, 2009 5:22 AM

Jul 2008
I didn't really like this arc that much. I thought it was absurd for them to want that pyscho to reach an unknown level. He's already way to powerful for this mindset so they decide it'll be best to have kill tens of thousands of girls (cause that won't affect a person) and give him a crazy amount of power.
May 18, 2009 4:29 PM

Aug 2008
Episode was alrite. Misaka was cool. Her imouto at the end, the one that had Touma's hand on her boob was funny.

And Index was cute when she came to see him. When it had the ominous viewpoint and showed a bit of white on the screen I knew for sure it was her.

The fight was alrite.

Oh and in the PV at the end I was excited to see some more Kanzaki.
Oct 6, 2009 6:44 AM

Jul 2009
In the end bare fist defeated those vector heh..
Oct 9, 2009 11:03 AM

Jul 2009
The whole kill twenty thousand low level peons in order to reach level 6 sounds like an MMO grindfest really :P

I wonder what happened to him though? I mean he was just temporarily knocked out, and judging by his character I bet he burns to have revenge on Touma.
Oct 10, 2009 3:45 AM

Nov 2007
Pretty good episode,it might not have to do anything with the main plot,but I loved that arc :D
Jan 18, 2010 5:10 PM

Aug 2009
WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT WAS THAT? ACCELARATOR LOST TO A MERE LVL 0 ESPER WHO DIDN'T EVEN USE HIS ABILITES? THE FUCK MAN. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

Okay so, how did Touma dodged those high speed punches from Accelarator? Also, where did Touma get that strength to make Accelarator unconscious? Damn it, he just suddenly powered up. :(

Mikoto was awesome. She's hot even though her breasts are flat. The ending was kinda touching since everyone got along again. Index was cute when she said she cared for Touma. Even though she bit Touma, she still hugged her. :3 Plus, that Misaka sister smiled in the end, very interesting. :D
Apr 21, 2010 9:22 AM

Aug 2008
haha it's quite amusing if Touma was actually so sexually deprived that he would grope a girl's breasts even under anesthetic. Such a pervert he is. XD
Jul 1, 2010 9:40 PM

Jun 2009
Index was cute but Misaka still better :D
Aug 4, 2010 11:42 PM

Jun 2009
Summon the Tesla Troopers!
http://i.imgur.com/WJgwc.jpg
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 15, 2008

146 by whitebeartigtig »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 4:40 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2008

151 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 3:50 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

157 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 18, 2008

159 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 24, 2:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.