Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2013 6:43 PM

Feb 2012
Man Pixis is the real dude of this episode, saves the day like a boss.
Jun 8, 2013 6:44 PM

Apr 2011
Does that mean that every single Titan is "piloted" by someone or something ? Because their "weak point" is actually the location where the "pilot" is suppose to be.
Jun 8, 2013 6:52 PM

Aug 2012
episode was ok, developed the bond between Armin and Eren nicely, though didn't do much to advance the plot. Also the animation that goes on behind armin while he's giving the speech makes it look really melodramatic
Jun 8, 2013 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
JustALEX said:
BTW....since this episode didn't get a 5/5 from me I guess that means this anime can't be considered "Perfect" and thus will not receive a 10/10 from myself.

>I've seen some people argue like that BTW.

LOL. Its already a 10/10 in my book.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 8, 2013 6:54 PM

Aug 2012
why did i shed a tear during armin's speech, it wasnt sad or happy. i cried when eren swore to kill every single titan way back in ep2 too. im confused with my own feelings :L
Jun 8, 2013 7:05 PM

Aug 2012
GodlyKyon said:
JustALEX said:
BTW....since this episode didn't get a 5/5 from me I guess that means this anime can't be considered "Perfect" and thus will not receive a 10/10 from myself.

>I've seen some people argue like that BTW.

LOL. Its already a 10/10 in my book.

Don't think there are "perfect" stories or anime if you look hard enough you can always find flaws with something. Really just comes down to if you think a shows good enough for you to ignore it's flaws
Jun 8, 2013 7:07 PM

Feb 2013
Armin displays his skills on the battlefield
Jun 8, 2013 7:08 PM

Jun 2011
Armin and pixis ftw!
great episode.. but for me it was the least fav.
5/5
Jun 8, 2013 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
Finally a competent leader that othe guy was pissing me off. Armin was pretty cool this episode, though it was a little slow it was still good. The next episode looks like it will be good. Hopefully Eren can prove to everybody that he is really on their side.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jun 8, 2013 7:13 PM
May 2009
Tyrel said:
Slow episode, but was okayish. Dat thick cloud.. lul. Didn't really like the flashbacks, as I was hoping for it to progress just a bit faster to the better parts..

Commander needs to smoke a big one. Also Armin using the obvious way to get out of this :3.

Overall meh episode coming from a manga reader. I feel like they dragged it too much. Anyways next week will be the better parts.

Lol...that thick cloud of smoke seemed to last like 5 minutes. How realistic (not).
Jun 8, 2013 7:19 PM

Jun 2008
sillyanny said:
Tyrel said:
Slow episode, but was okayish. Dat thick cloud.. lul. Didn't really like the flashbacks, as I was hoping for it to progress just a bit faster to the better parts..

Commander needs to smoke a big one. Also Armin using the obvious way to get out of this :3.

Overall meh episode coming from a manga reader. I feel like they dragged it too much. Anyways next week will be the better parts.

Lol...that thick cloud of smoke seemed to last like 5 minutes. How realistic (not).

Seemed like more to me....
Jun 8, 2013 7:21 PM

Nov 2009
Don't apply real logic when watching anime, everyone should know that, you can always find something unrealistic in every anime.

Anw, good episode, didn't expect it was such a slow pace one.
4/5
Jun 8, 2013 7:21 PM
May 2009
JustALEX said:
sillyanny said:
Tyrel said:

Lol it probably did last longer . I skipped ahead through some of it.
Jun 8, 2013 7:22 PM

Jun 2008
Takana_no_Hana said:
Don't apply real logic when watching anime

You mean like a world where 50 m giants appear out of nowhere to devour humans who live enclosed a giant wall which they somehow built while these man-eating giants roamed around, and somehow one of the humans can magically turn himself into a giant for no explained reason so far?

Yeah, check that logic at the door.
Jun 8, 2013 7:27 PM

Mar 2013
sillyanny said:
JustALEX said:
sillyanny said:
Tyrel said:

Lol it probably did last longer . I skipped ahead through some of it.

What?
...Why? Were you already satisfied with your knowledge of that scene from the manga or is your attention span just that short?
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 8, 2013 7:32 PM
May 2009
Takana_no_Hana said:
Don't apply real logic when watching anime, everyone should know that, you can always find something unrealistic in every anime.

Anw, good episode, didn't expect it was such a slow pace one.
4/5

Of course there is always going to be something unrealistic in every anime, but in most cases, these moments are explained by logic valid within the anime. For example, the magical system, superpowers etc. And that makes an anime truly great in my eyes. Thus, I don't necessarily agree with the statement that we should not apply logic when watching anime. I think that it's an important part of critiquing an anime.

The really long thick cloud while everyone was frozen, allowing Eren + co. to communicate, just bothered me. It's my own opinion of this episode, I suppose.
Jun 8, 2013 7:33 PM

Aug 2011
Pusswookie said:

...Why? Were you already satisfied with your knowledge of that scene from the manga or is your attention span just that short?

I can understand why he skipped ahead... it was just sooo annoyingly slow paced. This Scene was way better in the Manga... maybe because i didn't needed 10 Minutes to read this.
Jun 8, 2013 7:36 PM
Jun 2008
The thick cloud is prolong due to the drama and flashback.That is one fkin long 15sec . xD

around 12:35, Eren mouth stop moving even thou he is talking. Now that is too obvious to ignore . As a fan of the Anime, I will take that as ventriloquism lol
Jun 8, 2013 7:37 PM
May 2009
JustALEX said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Don't apply real logic when watching anime

You mean like a world where 50 m giants appear out of nowhere to devour humans who live enclosed a giant wall which they somehow built while these man-eating giants roamed around, and somehow one of the humans can magically turn himself into a giant for no explained reason so far?

Yeah, check that logic at the door.

Please refer to my response to Takana. I explain that I accept everything as long as it makes sense within the world of the anime.
Jun 8, 2013 7:39 PM

Nov 2012
I just can't take the OP song serious anymore ever since people started attaching it to other videos.... I hope they change it soon.
Jun 8, 2013 7:42 PM
Nov 2011
The smokescreen is combination of steam (from decomposing Titan), debris thrown up by the initial explosion and smaller collapses as the skeleton decomposes.

Because of the steam (continuously expelled by skeleton) - it's more like a fog than a debris cloud. The steam is hot, warm, so continues to rise and it carries with it dust and particles from the debris.

Kek, this is a series from Japan wherein swords actually get dull.
Jun 8, 2013 7:44 PM
May 2009
pming said:
The smokescreen is combination of steam (from decomposing Titan), debris thrown up by the initial explosion and smaller collapses as the skeleton decomposes.

Because of the steam (continuously expelled by skeleton) - it's more like a fog than a debris cloud. The steam is hot, warm, so continues to rise and it carries with it dust and particles from the debris.

Kek, this is a series from Japan wherein swords actually get dull.

I see, thanks! That makes me feel a lot better about the very long cloud/steam in the episode.
Jun 8, 2013 7:46 PM

Oct 2012
i could say nothing... -__-

Jun 8, 2013 7:46 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like next week's episode is gonna be one hell of a blast! :>
Jun 8, 2013 7:48 PM

Sep 2012
I haven't read the manga, but I could tell that this episode dragged out a lot longer than necessary. Nothing really happened except they built things up to be potentially pretty epic.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jun 8, 2013 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
Well at least the gang is ok since Commander sneak a nip here and there while checkin out chick Titans Pixis stopped dumb ass from firing another shot and next episode Erin gets a chance to show his stuff and hopefully lots of Titan killin!
Jun 8, 2013 7:50 PM

Nov 2010
Unit-01 said:
I just can't take the OP song serious anymore ever since people started attaching it to other videos.... I hope they change it soon.
Probably on episode 14, I guess that's the good part of watching the recap.
Jun 8, 2013 7:53 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
Probably on episode 14, I guess that's the good part of watching the recap.
Great, hopefully it doesn't get memetized.
Jun 8, 2013 7:54 PM

Oct 2012
Screaming, screaming everywhere, understandable of course.

Well, I'm more interested in the basement now.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 8, 2013 7:55 PM

Jan 2013
Commander Pixis, mah bro.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 8, 2013 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
Decent enough to keep the 10/10 score in my book.
Jun 8, 2013 7:56 PM

Dec 2010
Bleh first episode to bore me. The guy in charge, the one who's screaming all the time - his voice SERIOUSLY pisses me off.
Jun 8, 2013 7:56 PM

Jul 2010
Finally i see people giving credits to Armin.
sakaJun 9, 2013 9:35 PM
Jun 8, 2013 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
ITT: People are trying to defend DBZ.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 8, 2013 7:59 PM

May 2013
Nice Armin episode, that person in command was such a wuss.
Jun 8, 2013 8:03 PM

Oct 2012
MorningGlory said:
The thick cloud is prolong due to the drama and flashback.That is one fkin long 15sec . xD

around 12:35, Eren mouth stop moving even thou he is talking. Now that is too obvious to ignore . As a fan of the Anime, I will take that as ventriloquism lol
lol, I thought that was just a quick monologue.
Jun 8, 2013 8:09 PM

Mar 2013
Unit-01 said:
Tavor said:
Unit-01 said:
You poor soul.....

Stop dragging me down or I'm bringing out the shitty Eva puns.
Anything but the Instrumentality Punject

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 8, 2013 8:10 PM

Jan 2011
So glad Pixis showed up who wasn't completely scared shit less and had command

can't say a ton happened but it was still good i want to know whats in the basement!!
Jun 8, 2013 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode.
Jun 8, 2013 8:30 PM

Sep 2011
So, is it just me or do shonen anime have no idea what time is? I mean, those 15 seconds were not 15 seconds...

I'm actually amazed as to how fast the sub team subbed the episode. I thought this stuff took a lot of time...
AlfonseJun 8, 2013 8:57 PM
Jun 8, 2013 8:39 PM

Feb 2013
Little slow and somewhat uneventful episode but still good. Glad Armin is finally stepping up to the plate.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jun 8, 2013 9:04 PM

Oct 2012
Alfonse said:
So, is it just me or do shonen anime have no idea what time is? I mean, those 15 seconds were not 15 seconds...

I'm actually amazed as to how fast the sub team subbed the episode. I thought this stuff took a lot of time...
its an effect. The time of monologue and flashback was shown to us in a more dramatic, slowed down pace compared to real time.
Jun 8, 2013 9:07 PM

Sep 2011
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Alfonse said:

its an effect. The time of monologue and flashback was shown to us in a more dramatic, slowed down pace compared to real time.

I know..I was joking.
Jun 8, 2013 9:15 PM

Feb 2012
Damn it I love Pixis. That's a man I can get behind and follow.
Jun 8, 2013 9:25 PM

Aug 2012
Oh man Armin had his moment this episode with that speech and commander pixis as usual a boss
Jun 8, 2013 9:28 PM

Sep 2012
Alfonse said:

even though i havent seen it for years and i never bothered watching the whole thing.
that '15/20 seconds' (5 minutes) reminded me of that line in DBZ where friezer (sp?) shoots the core of namek i think it was, and says they have '5 minutes' (4 or 5 episodes) before the planet explodes.

bit too much talking this episode, what they covered was important, but it didnt need to take that long. also, they seem to have the ability to make smoke machines.
Jun 8, 2013 9:30 PM

Oct 2012
Alfonse said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Alfonse said:

I know..I was joking.
oh well, I was never really good at telling whether someone was joking or not. Especially on the internet.
Jun 8, 2013 9:37 PM

Aug 2012
Alfonse said:

Tell that to DBZ when 1 minute was like 2 episodes
Jun 8, 2013 9:49 PM

Jun 2013
Another slow paced episode, however Armin's speech was really great. I'm glad that they cleared up the misunderstanding that he is the "useless" one in the group. I'm really hoping that in the next episode or two we get to find out what's in the damn basement!
Jun 8, 2013 9:50 PM
Mar 2012
Damn, that was intense. I'm so glad that the hype was correct for this show, unlike SAO.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.