Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HHHGGG, Yui is cute.

Preparing for an event huh? Nice hair:

Funny how Hachiman wonders about the trap again as well imo. Good episode.
KinetaJun 26, 2013 10:42 AM
Jun 6, 2013 9:58 AM

Nov 2007
Sagami please die, please....just die.
Jun 6, 2013 2:23 PM

Nov 2007
lol @ he got forced to take care of school festival activities, and the girls are reluctant. Short hair girl is decided, but forced the main girl to support her.. .

lol @ the musical with BL content!

Then that girl who admires the girl's sister called her to help out! Just because she supports the short hair girl, she used her to so that she can be lazy. Then she got sick because of overwork. Wow, full of bullying from the sister (the look).

School Festival begins!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 6, 2013 3:58 PM
Dec 2012
LOL@the casting of the prince. Her sis was insensitive again. IMO Sagami made a big mistake when she delegated her decision-making authority to someone else. His monologue was thought-provoking again. He had a point there.

Yukino took on a difficult role. Must be hard to do things without making Sagami lose face. I'm curious to know what Shizuka was thinking at the sight. She showed a strange look.

To me, the best part of the episode was when he took on a *dirty* role to protect her at the 2nd meeting. It was quick and effective. There was a bit arkward moment between him and her in the beginning of the episode, but he had such a level head he protected her later. He is twiested yet interesting. Maybe it's partly why Shizuka cares for him. She gave him a wink at the previous meeing.
eminagnamJun 6, 2013 7:18 PM
Jun 6, 2013 4:57 PM

May 2013

My favorite scene for this episode.
Jun 6, 2013 5:17 PM
Jun 2013
This show really impresses me all together, although I think that this episode was not that great compared to others. From my point of view, it was clear what was going to happen next, which reduced at least my interest.

On the other hand, this episode clearly rises tension for the next episode without any unorthodox elements. Also, last episode people were complaining about missing commedy, which is definitely not applicable for this episode (Well, look at the spoiler of the post above me).

However, I am still not 100% sure what to think about Yukino's sister.

EDIT: I just remembered the last episode, when Yui asked Hachiman to support Yukinon, which she also did this episode. Does these words implicitly mean that Hachiman will eventually do exactly as Yui asked? It might be the chance for Hachiman to kind of "excuse" himself for his oversized expectations and, for the romance lovers out there, perhaps the next episode will bring them closer together.
haezenidJun 6, 2013 5:49 PM
Jun 6, 2013 6:45 PM

Jul 2010
Sagami is pathetic.Yukinon's sister annoyed me as well, meh.
Is it weird that i wanted 8man to be a pilot and Totsuka to be a prince?.Oh well.
3 episodes left.Im sad.
Jun 6, 2013 6:52 PM

May 2012
Another great episode. I think this show has to be the most underrated anime of the season.

The tension this episode was so thick I could cut it with a knife. And once again, the drama wasn't overdone and over the top. However, I really hate Yukino's sister, she is a real bitch.
Jun 6, 2013 6:57 PM

Feb 2012
Damn that no good sister, she's more working against her, and not for her, and now Yukino got sick.

Loved the casting scene, prince, pilot, lmao, good episode.
Jun 6, 2013 7:07 PM

Nov 2011
i feel so sad for yukinon
Hate Keeps me warm
Jun 6, 2013 7:22 PM

Jun 2012
I felt gross inside watching this episode, specifically with the characters Haruno and Sagami. They're conniving people with dirty underlying motives and their "character" makes them extremely difficult people to work with let alone be friends. Hayama again was the best part of the episode for me cutting the heavy atmosphere. He wasn't afraid to say things as they were with a lot of the work being offloaded onto Yukino. Which is kind of funny because it led to Yukino accepting help from people only for Sagami to offload the work onto her again while taking all the credit

HybridMBLJun 6, 2013 7:50 PM
Jun 6, 2013 7:25 PM

Feb 2009
I smell disaster.
Jun 6, 2013 7:26 PM

Apr 2013
Sagami can go die for all i care. hikki did a good job trying to protect yukino. 3 more episodes to go.. really hoping for a 2nd season
Jun 6, 2013 7:47 PM

Apr 2011
Definitely a great episode even tho it was depressing/sad. As Yukino's fan I was mad through the whole episode... I just couldn't stand the fact that she lost her dominating personality :|

Again great observation skills and remarks from Hikigaya. Although, that talk which was supposed to save Yukino was a bit unusual even to him imo.

For the first time I was angered by Yukino's sister... Before this episode I really liked her, but during this episode... it felt like she wants to destroy her own sister because she's afraid that Yukino will do better than she did some years ago.

Glad to have Saiko back even of a minute ^^ However, Pilot and Prince joke with Hiki and Hayama was better than Saiko and Hayama.

Looking forward to the next episode, I want to see Sagami's face when she hears the bad news about Yukino's absence. Well what she will do then...since she's pretty much useless.
Jun 6, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
This anime has a weird atmosphere.
Great episode though.
Jun 6, 2013 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
Again a great episode which went by in a flash. Not entirely sure what the deal is between Yukinon and her sister (and mother) besides the fact she seems to just be following in her footsteps and not getting enough individuality, excited to see more on that.

As for Sagami, I doubt she realizes what she's doing is that bad, it's clear the show wants to antagonize her at this point though.
Jun 6, 2013 8:13 PM

Apr 2011
Ovyda said:

For the first time I was angered by Yukino's sister... Before this episode I really liked her, but during this episode... it felt like she wants to destroy her own sister because she's afraid that Yukino will do better than she did some years ago.

Wow, you realy think you can read Harunos motives. Unfortunetely She is quite complex character..
Jun 6, 2013 8:15 PM

Dec 2012
That Sagami is such a b*tch!

I can't wait to see how the festival falls apart without Yukinon acting as the groundwork for the entire infrastructure >.<
Jun 6, 2013 8:15 PM

Apr 2013
sagami is probably the most annoying char in anime history
Jun 6, 2013 8:26 PM

Mar 2012
I would just ditch. there's no point in even trying with that lame-ass chairman. seriouslypisses me off
Jun 6, 2013 8:44 PM
Jul 2012
I thought it was rather hollow...
I don't mean that the episode was horrible, it was okay plot-wise. It's just kinda disappointing since there is no progress between Yukinoshita and Hachiman's relationship which i was waiting for... i need to wait another week, i guess. D:
Jun 6, 2013 8:47 PM

Jan 2013
I'm fairly certain Haruno has good intentions paired with terrible methods. She seemed almost disappointed during the festival when she heard that Yukino wanted to follow the same education path that she was doing. I think she has high expectations for her younger sister that do not include having her choices parroted.

Look at that scene with the committee: Haruno expects that Yukino is the chairman (which I think accounts for her initial--let's call it hostility, given how she seems to feel about Yukino trying to chase after her.) When she finds out Sagami is the chairman, she immediately goes on the attack, corners her, and then gives her an escape (that facade of hers at work). Looking at all of her actions from the point of view that Haruno doesn't want Yukino to chase after her, it seems like she is taking the route of throwing Yukino into the deep water for a little sink-or-swim education. I'm almost certain she knew that Yukino hadn't told Yui and Hachiman about her involvement in the accident, which was why Haruno brought it up (and then again, obliquely, in the committee room.)

The more I think about it, the more it seems like while Hachiman thought Yukino was a better person, Haruno is taking action to try and force her to be a better person (for her particular value of better.) It seems like the only thing that makes sense, given her behavior towards Yui (Yukino's romantic competition), her sadness at the thought that Yukino wasn't chosen (again), the way she talked about how people treated Yukino, and then the fact that she goes out of her way to destroy the comfortable deceptions Yukino has created and puts her sister in awkward, almost horrible situations. It's the sort of tough love that befits her terrifying character.
Jun 6, 2013 8:53 PM

Jul 2009
Taoholic said:
sagami is probably the most annoying char in anime history

Most useless aswell.

Another great episode.
Jun 6, 2013 8:58 PM

May 2013
This is a pretty good episode. Sagami's character is very disgusting, and I really wonder why nobody has actually confronted Sagami on her position as Chairman.

Things were going smoothly until Haruno just had to "agree" on Sagami's opinion about cutting slack. It's like Haruno just loves to see Yukino struggle on the same path that she took before, and I bet Hachiman can clearly see that.

If it weren't for Haruno's meddling in the Cultural Festival, then Yukino would have usurped the Chairman position, and Sagami's pride goes down the sinkhole. Yukino wants to surpass her sister, yet Haruno's meddling gets poor Yukino sick at the end.
Jun 6, 2013 8:59 PM

Mar 2012
I just hope that in the end something bad happens (psychologically) on that useless bitch chairman and her friends in the end.
Jun 6, 2013 9:07 PM

Mar 2012
Hachiman said it himself he's not ugly I think so too. So why are other ppl disgusted by him and all the flashback he shows of himself confessing to a girl etc. And that sagami girl when she saw Yui and Hachiman together she was kinda creep by it.

It might be his personality they were creep at idk.
Jun 6, 2013 9:07 PM
Jul 2009
Hell yea, 8man successfully stepping up to the plate for Yukino! (cuz we all know how well it went last time he tried to do that lol)

Hrmm 3 episodes left... Things are building up for what I hope to be an epic conclusion.
Jun 6, 2013 9:08 PM

May 2012
Sagami reminds me of someone in school before.. totally useless! I was enrage while watching her the whole time! And Yukinon's sister?!?!? How can she do that to her sister in front of many people.. Man, I totally hate Sagami and Yukinon's sister now...
Jun 6, 2013 9:10 PM
Aug 2011
Here I am ready to board the Sagami hate train.

PoeticJustice said:
The tension this episode was so thick I could cut it with a knife.

I know what you mean. It felt like it was weighing me down as I kept watching.

On another lighter note: Saika-chan's voice in the preview *_*
Jun 6, 2013 9:10 PM

Mar 2012
And Yukino's sister better have some kind of scheme with the way she treated her sister. If not then..........................w/e
Jun 6, 2013 9:14 PM

May 2012
I'd go out with Minamichan.

Hinachan so cute as usual

Harusan <3

Poor Undersnow Snow.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 6, 2013 9:18 PM
Jan 2011
Sagami reminds me of those douchebags that you work with who get a promotion because of brow-nosing or nepotism. Then they have you do their work because they don't know what they're doing.
Jun 6, 2013 9:28 PM

Jan 2011
parfaited said:

PoeticJustice said:
The tension this episode was so thick I could cut it with a knife.

I know what you mean. It felt like it was weighing me down as I kept watching.
^^ episode was painful to watch, ;_; poor Yukino overworking herself.
Jun 6, 2013 9:29 PM
Jan 2011
What was Yui hinting toward when she figured out why Yukinon volunteered?
Jun 6, 2013 9:33 PM
Jun 2013
i think Haruno knew that the festival chairman is slacking and useless. but I'm not sure whats is she thinking.quite a complex character she is. maybe if they show some events Yukino's elementary days, that would give a hint
Jun 6, 2013 9:40 PM

Aug 2012
CNagy said:
I'm fairly certain Haruno has good intentions paired with terrible methods. She seemed almost disappointed during the festival when she heard that Yukino wanted to follow the same education path that she was doing. I think she has high expectations for her younger sister that do not include having her choices parroted.

Look at that scene with the committee: Haruno expects that Yukino is the chairman (which I think accounts for her initial--let's call it hostility, given how she seems to feel about Yukino trying to chase after her.) When she finds out Sagami is the chairman, she immediately goes on the attack, corners her, and then gives her an escape (that facade of hers at work). Looking at all of her actions from the point of view that Haruno doesn't want Yukino to chase after her, it seems like she is taking the route of throwing Yukino into the deep water for a little sink-or-swim education. I'm almost certain she knew that Yukino hadn't told Yui and Hachiman about her involvement in the accident, which was why Haruno brought it up (and then again, obliquely, in the committee room.)

The more I think about it, the more it seems like while Hachiman thought Yukino was a better person, Haruno is taking action to try and force her to be a better person (for her particular value of better.) It seems like the only thing that makes sense, given her behavior towards Yui (Yukino's romantic competition), her sadness at the thought that Yukino wasn't chosen (again), the way she talked about how people treated Yukino, and then the fact that she goes out of her way to destroy the comfortable deceptions Yukino has created and puts her sister in awkward, almost horrible situations. It's the sort of tough love that befits her terrifying character.

Spot on assessment. You can hate her for her extreme methods but those methods are what's progressing 8man and Yukino's relationship beyond the static back and forth they had before, as well as(like you said) Yukino's development into a better person. The methods are just roundabout, and pretty big gambles especially with the car incident. We saw how it began by negatively affecting their friendship, but if they can get past their sense of pride and shame, the awkward situation will probably force them to connect on a level higher than what they had previously.

parfaited said:
ready to board the Sagami hate train.
Jun 6, 2013 9:48 PM

Nov 2008
Thank goodness Yukinon is sick. That will make that worthless bitch taste the pressure for continuing her work.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 6, 2013 9:51 PM
May 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
CNagy said:

Spot on assessment. You can hate her for her extreme methods but those methods are what's progressing 8man and Yukino's relationship beyond the static back and forth they had before, as well as(like you said) Yukino's development into a better person. The methods are just roundabout, and pretty big gambles especially with the car incident. We saw how it began by negatively affecting their friendship, but if they can get past their sense of pride and shame, the awkward situation will probably force them to connect on a level higher than what they had previously.

parfaited said:

i dont think that her methods is fundamentally wrong but i would prefer she doesnt interfere with them. If people have to change, they should change by themselves and not be leading to the change by someone else. We should not interfere with other life especcially when they're not wrong.
Jun 6, 2013 9:54 PM
Feb 2013
I wanna kill Sagami, Really. Other members of the committee are doing hard work on their responsibilities while she runs around the school doing nothing. GAWD
Jun 6, 2013 9:55 PM

Apr 2012
Wow! Tension building up! I can literally feel it! wait... That's just me balancing on the edge of my chair...
1st of. Sagami you useless piece of bitch. WTF are you doing?? people are working their ass of (Hachiman as well lol) and what do you do?? Degrade the most hardworking person, arriving late, doing absolutely nothing! other than laugh, squell and shit.
2nd. Haruno... Girl... Your a bitch. You should be backing up your imouto not against her. I felt really pissed at her as well in this ep.

Hybridbloodszak said:
I felt gross inside watching this episode, specifically with the characters Haruno and Sagami. They're conniving people with dirty underlying motives and their "character" makes them extremely difficult people to work with let alone be friends. Hayama again was the best part of the episode for me cutting the heavy atmosphere. He wasn't afraid to say things as they were with a lot of the work being offloaded onto Yukino. Which is kind of funny because it led to Yukino accepting help from people only for Sagami to offload the work onto her again while taking all the credit

Exactly what I felt as well.

MaxCrazy7 said:
I smell disaster.

You are so right it's sickening(in a good way)
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Jun 6, 2013 9:57 PM

May 2013
Ovyda said:
Definitely a great episode even tho it was depressing/sad. As Yukino's fan I was mad through the whole episode... I just couldn't stand the fact that she lost her dominating personality :|

Agreed

Characters like Sagami pisses me off. When I saw her giving almost all of her work to Yukinon, I was seriouslt pissed. I just hope in the next episodes she gets humiliated so bad.
Jun 6, 2013 10:04 PM
Jan 2013
I'm not sure if anime portrayed this well, but Haruno is supposed to be fully aware of Hikigaya's personality and rotten thoughts AS WELL AS the fact that Hikigaya noticed she is wearing a mask and hiding her nature, as well as fully prepared to use that fact for her good.

She is that scary.
Jun 6, 2013 10:12 PM

Mar 2012
I feel like there's an underlying motive for Yukinon deciding to be vice-chairman and doing everything for Sagami. Maybe she devised a plan this entire time (I mean, she even has the stamp that's going to approve anything and everything she writes up because Sagami was THAT stupid enough to leave everything to her.)

All in all, it's left me quite excited for what's coming up.
Jun 6, 2013 10:16 PM

May 2013
Damn that chairman is soo lazy.

Felt bad for Yukino doing all the work. Can't wait for next episode.
Jun 6, 2013 10:18 PM

Apr 2011
As someone who has been the Yukino in this situation, I felt like I could relate to this all too well. I hope she goes for the internal sabotage route hehehe. . .
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jun 6, 2013 10:18 PM

Feb 2013
I loved that way Hachiman "stood up" for Yukino in his own way ^.^ totally expected her to get sick from working so hard... it's the typical "i take all the work for myself"!! I really hate that chick who's supposed to be "the chairman" (I forget her name already) and I'm really disliking Haruno (Yukino's onee-chan) >.<

Still lovin' Hachiman <3 I bet he's gonna go and take ALL the work for himself or something all for Yukino!!!

I ship them :3
Jun 6, 2013 10:22 PM

Aug 2012
Jenko01 said:
AlexTheRiot said:
CNagy said:

parfaited said:

i dont think that her methods is fundamentally wrong but i would prefer she doesnt interfere with them. If people have to change, they should change by themselves and not be leading to the change by someone else. We should not interfere with other life especcially when they're not wrong.

I would certainly agree with that, especially in regard to my own life. But in this case, for this anime, she's sort of a linchpin to the plot progression it seems. Of course she's going to remain a polarizing character because of the fact that she's taking the liberty to "advance" their relationship, and because of the ways she is doing it. But in the end, she will probably have successfully advanced it, though it could be interesting to see how they react if her strategies are revealed, since they are both people that would absolutely agree with your sentiment.
Jun 6, 2013 10:32 PM
Apr 2013
Have a feeling that 'gomenasai' Yukino said after Hachiman's speech was truly meant for him in reference to the accident.
Jun 6, 2013 10:34 PM

Sep 2012
Wingzx said:
Sagami can go die for all i care. hikki did a good job trying to protect yukino. 3 more episodes to go.. really hoping for a 2nd season

This. Couldn't agree more.
Jun 6, 2013 10:38 PM

Aug 2010
I don't like Haruno, she... dunno, doesn't seem trustworthy? Never liked her to begin with, and I agreed with 8man when they first met.

Sagami.... she gotta take responsibility when she violunteers to do something. I really hope that her "shirking her duties" will hit her in the face big time next episode.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.