Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 25, 2013 7:10 PM

Nov 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And shit goes down between Killua & gon vs Rammot
The arc is finally picking up, great fight too even though it was short.

Props to GIFfag ^
RX-782May 25, 2013 7:32 PM
May 25, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2012
This was a good episode, that fight might have been short but it was good. There was a somewhat glimpse at Kite's powers, i wished they would have shown more.

May 25, 2013 9:13 PM

Apr 2012
I'm surprised no one else has commented yet.

This episode showed how outmatched Gon and Killua were against a soldier Chimera Ant. And we also got to see a new move by Killua, "Thunderbolt". However Rammut was somewhat fine after their onslaught. Clearly these guys aren't normal, they can even see "life force" (As mentioned in episode 80).

Colt seems to be one of the only Chimera Ant's that is taking his role seriously, while the others are only having fun and trying to overthrow the Queen.

There was a slight hint to Kite's power this episode, I can hardly wait until we get to see it next week.
FrostToasterMay 25, 2013 9:19 PM
May 25, 2013 9:15 PM

Apr 2012
The fight was well done but, indeed, a bit short. Just a taste of things to come, really. I also liked the extra detail added to some of the animation in cases like Rammot's face after the skirmish - he seemed just a little bit pissed.

Also, after seeing the Queen's preferred style of human cuisine, who else is in the mood for some meatballs?
May 25, 2013 9:17 PM
Feb 2012
Gon & Killua just baptized the first Ant to Nen.
Good job. As if they were'nt strong enough.
May 25, 2013 9:31 PM
Oct 2008
Good Episode First couple minutes kinda stretched on and that scene with Pike and Bihorn felt really awkward, Narukami was shown Yayz also next episode the encounter with Yunju so yeah.
May 25, 2013 9:34 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was the shit! I finally got to see Killua's lightning bolt technique. I can't wait for the next ep. shit is gonna go down in the drug factory.
May 25, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2010
That for sure was an awesome episode, but it looks like next one might be even better.Finally we will get to see how Kite fights.Can't wait!
5/5 Oh, and Chimera Ants, please kill yourself.Bye
May 25, 2013 9:53 PM

Apr 2011
I hope they will eventually speed up the pace of this anime, it's too damn slow.
May 25, 2013 9:55 PM
Nov 2012
That was a masterful episode. Movie quality sounds and animation. HxH is getting better.
May 25, 2013 9:56 PM

May 2013
Can't wait tot see how Gon and Killua improve since they're going to need if they had to resort to using their nen powers. Looks like more action is going to happen next episode.
May 25, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2012
Does Gon learn to use that Falco punch of his without having to build it up like that?

The dude could of just suddenly recovered and bitch slapped gon
May 25, 2013 10:23 PM
Oct 2011
A pretty good fight, yet a bit too short. Guess it's just a glimpse of what's coming next.

Next week: Currraazy Srrotto!
May 25, 2013 10:23 PM

Jan 2009
finally the real fight begins, that Rammot chimera ant will be dead next time lol
May 25, 2013 10:37 PM

Oct 2008
That was a crazy good fight, really enjoyed it even though it was short. I'm a little surprised it took both Gon and Killua to fight against Rammot, even though he was just a soldier ant. Makes me wonder how they will fight them squadron leaders.
May 25, 2013 10:50 PM

Sep 2012
Short battle with Rammot, but awesome to see Killua's Thunderbolt. Every episode discussion I talk about how good the music is and this episode was no exception

Judging by that preview, we'll see some ass whopping next week
May 25, 2013 11:50 PM

Jun 2012
The anime does a good job at showing how easy it is for Rammot to get agitated. Seeing the wind blowing when he screamed was a nice touch on MH part. Rammot's mind is like a rub Goldberg machine, tip one thing and all hell breaks loose. Colt is still developing along nicely, all of his scenes I enjoy watching.

Hagya and his squad laughing maniacally was so b movie quality material lol, it was so cheesy the way it was portrayed in the anime but not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Looks like some Madhouse Sakuga next week with Gon and co vs Yunju's squad.... Can't wait!
HybridMBLMay 25, 2013 11:54 PM
May 25, 2013 11:55 PM
Nov 2012
I like the part where Rammot's eye was glowing red while he says: None of the other squadron leaders haul bodies back like industrious little drones, my dear leader Colt.

^ That was a YO! moment right there. Still got that Death Note touch.
May 25, 2013 11:58 PM
Nov 2012
here's my review and rating for this week's episode:

1st part: Didn't really care about it, 3 minutes just discussing the queen needs more food is quite slow. The Bihorn and Pike scene felt awkward, had a little chuckle though.

2nd part: Masterful scene. Anime fans deserve to watch it. I also noticed that in this anime, anyone with a purple aura is either super strong or unleashing a killer intent.

3rd part: Interesting and didn't feel slow despite the long conversations. The portrayal made it feel that every word they were saying were more important to the plot than the lines in part 1.

Episode gets: 2.5 (part 1) + 5 (part 2) + 4 (part 3) = 11.5 out of 15
May 26, 2013 12:24 AM

Sep 2011
Damn. That Rammot is strong and he's not an officer a squad leader. There are more ants to come, better recruit more hunters.
joori_StrawberryMay 26, 2013 2:20 AM
pew pew pew
May 26, 2013 12:44 AM
Sep 2012
Rammot be mad :O

I loved his scream

He looks like Kimblee #awkwardmomentwhenfodderhaveasmuchdevelopmentashommunculi

I loved how the horses were hanging there and the dead humans too.

Awesome discussions among ants, if the noobies are so interesting can't wait for the guards/king >.<

Need more experience? So what, they're just gonna fight more and level up?

RAMMOT USED THE SAME WING-ATTACK AS THAT HAWK-ANIMAL THING FROM FINAL FANTASY 12
I ALWAYS THOUGHT HXH REMINDED ME OF FF IN SOME WAY

PLOT HOLE: Rammot was hit by nen, TWICE, that should have opened his nen since it was applied on his body and must have opened some pores :/
May 26, 2013 12:56 AM

Mar 2013
FrostToaster said:
Colt seems to be one of the only Chimera Ant's that is taking his role seriously, while the others are only having fun and trying to overthrow the Queen.

Yeah, except maybe Peggy; he seems to be concerned for the nest as well.

Am I the only one who can't stand Pike? Somehow he manages one of the most idiotic and unsightly of the lot of them... (Of the ones that can speak, at least.)

Anyway, taking on human natures may have backfired on the Chimera Ants, they got the whole package, not just intelligence. That means our general selfishness and ambition as well.

Anticipating next week, as usual. Props to Madhouse.
May 26, 2013 1:00 AM

Jan 2011
episode was hype things are slowly picking up

Jesus when Rammot was yelling as he was getting carried away i got chills just how much hatred does he have not to mention he was strong for a mere grunt!

from the looks of it Gon & Killua still got a ways to go till their ready for the guards
May 26, 2013 1:34 AM
May 2013
After reading the manga I was really looking forward to this arc being animated.

Man I love the way the anime is being done, it feels like a very long and gripping feature film. The pacing's perfect and the dialogue meaningful, the fight scenes are well done, the mood and atmosphere are spot on for this arc.

Great stuff.
May 26, 2013 1:49 AM

Sep 2011
HurricaneSweet said:

PLOT HOLE: Rammot was hit by nen, TWICE, that should have opened his nen since it was applied on his body and must have opened some pores :/

I don't how nen really works but it looks like the ants are already capable of using zetsu plus they can see their life force. :(
pew pew pew
May 26, 2013 2:00 AM
May 2012
^You can use Zetsu without learning Nen. Gon was using Zetsu in the Hunter Exam arc when he was tailing Hisoka.
May 26, 2013 2:06 AM
Sep 2012
joori_Strawberry said:
HurricaneSweet said:

I don't how nen really works but it looks like the ants are already capable of using zetsu plus they can see their life force. :(

There's little bit of nen leaking out of everyone as wing said, so you can use Zetsu even before fully learning and controlling it, unlocking Nen makes most or all pores open so everything is pouring out, faster than pre-nen, so you gotta use Ten to keep it in.

As for the seeing aura, I think it's an insect thing "they have better senses and all" kind of thing
May 26, 2013 2:33 AM

Sep 2012
Oh yeah! Hagya the coolest ant finally appeared. Sounds like a good occasion to bump this anime to a 9/10.

This episode was amazing, Rammot is even more threatening than how I pictured him. Madhouse is doing a great job.
May 26, 2013 2:36 AM

Sep 2010
A little bit slow, but pointing the future fights and potential. Pace should be faster anyway.

Nice attack Killua. Like EL THOR!
May 26, 2013 2:51 AM

Apr 2013
Lord_Santa said:
After reading the manga I was really looking forward to this arc being animated.

Man I love the way the anime is being done, it feels like a very long and gripping feature film. The pacing's perfect and the dialogue meaningful, the fight scenes are well done, the mood and atmosphere are spot on for this arc.

Great stuff.

This is exactly the way to describe this. Hell, it even feels like it's straight up literature on the screen right now, a once in a life-time experience that you absolutely must see.

And yes... Pike very legitimately creeps me out. The combination of "cute" and scary is unique and terrifying.
May 26, 2013 2:53 AM

Oct 2012
This arc has been amazing so far. After Greed Island I thought Gon and Killua were strong but they were easily outmatched by that Chimera ant who brushed off their best attacks and he's not even a high ranking ant.
May 26, 2013 2:59 AM

Apr 2013
Vodkas said:
This arc has been amazing so far. After Greed Island I thought Gon and Killua were strong but they were easily outmatched by that Chimera ant who brushed off their best attacks and he's not even a high ranking ant.

Oh man, you have no idea what you're in for -- this is just the prelude to the nightmare.
May 26, 2013 3:10 AM

Jan 2011
Vodkas said:

I wouldn't call it "brushed off".
You see... Ramon nearly died. Gon and Killua didn't even use their full strength because they underestimated ants' toughness. And while Ramon isn't a squadron leader, he's still an officer.
May 26, 2013 3:40 AM

Oct 2012
I wonder what kind of power ups Gon and Killua will get during this arc, they can't possibly beat the king let alone the three guardians.
May 26, 2013 3:42 AM
Nov 2008
HurricaneSweet said:

No, it's not
May 26, 2013 3:51 AM

Jun 2009
Good stuff as usual, Gon and Killua were pretty awesome there. I've read some previous posters saying they were outmatched? I don't think so Rammot was in very bad shape after their attacks. Kite looks like he's on a different level, though. Damn.

I'm really digging Colt's character, he's by the book and very serious about his job. Too bad most of the other Ants don't seem to be like that, which is definitely a chink in the groups armor.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 26, 2013 4:11 AM

Dec 2009
I love how Madhouse handles this arc, even if I'm waiting for shit to hit the fan with a really fast pacing to show just that. Starting to think it won't happen, but it's okay I guess.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 26, 2013 4:17 AM

Jun 2011
So true... It's gonna be hell from here. I'm already a bit scared.
May 26, 2013 4:18 AM
Mar 2012
This is so great, they followed the manga thoroughly, I like how madhouse understands the arc perfectly, like how they mentioned zaikahal before and how they showed more of bihorn's loyalty to the queen. Can't wait for this to end so that I can rewatch it in one go
May 26, 2013 4:37 AM
Sep 2012
Killua becomes luffy in the preview?
May 26, 2013 4:42 AM

Apr 2013
Such a great episode! Can't wait for next week!
May 26, 2013 5:31 AM

Jan 2012
Am I the only one thinking that this arc is quite boring? Maybe not that bad as the middle of greed island arc, but still not really interesting.

Guess, there will be smthing outstanding later, but for now the story is a bit mediocre. At least communications between ants is worth watching.
May 26, 2013 5:45 AM

Nov 2012
wow ants without nen and can withstand nen punches ..humans you're fucked
kite you badass
one more thing the animation in the next episode is fucking awesome
May 26, 2013 7:40 AM

Mar 2013
5/5 GREAT episode.Gon and Killua were fucking rag dolls..

Am I the only one who noticed Welfin hasn't appeared yet? He was introduced 188 in the manga and it's currently 192..
May 26, 2013 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
You can really tell that Madhouse wants to do a great job on this arc
May 26, 2013 8:02 AM
Nov 2008
trampler8324 said:
Am I the only one thinking that this arc is quite boring? Maybe not that bad as the middle of greed island arc, but still not really interesting.

Guess, there will be smthing outstanding later, but for now the story is a bit mediocre. At least communications between ants is worth watching.

I don't think you are alone.
Probably many other who didn't read the manga may find this boring and/or too slow, the manga itself was slow paced so with the anime goind slowy with almost 1 chapter for episode and being after Greed Island which was soo rushed in order to start this arc it's the natural result
May 26, 2013 9:35 AM

Mar 2013
did anyone notice alot of great soundtracks haven't played since this arc started? its been 6 episodes and still haven't heard of OST 1 Hashire! ? WTH ??
May 26, 2013 9:56 AM

May 2012
trampler8324 said:

The arc is great so far for me. Right the story is being told perfectly and the added scenes fill it up and make more complete. Just seeing the Ants grow into what they are now is fascinating.
May 26, 2013 10:03 AM

Feb 2009
Great episode, like how badass Kite was portrayed in this version. Did enjoy a lot the animation and music used in the fight against Rammot, well done Madhouse. Next ep will be even more epic the fights that happen are better and from the looks of the preview the animation will be amazing.

Caleua said:

Am I the only one who noticed Welfin hasn't appeared yet? He was introduced 188 in the manga and it's currently 192..

He appeared in an earlier episode of this arc when he was a human working for Gyro, his human name was Zaikahal. But I haven't seen him in his chimera form yet, needs to appear though.
May 26, 2013 10:13 AM

Dec 2007
How come Chimera Ants are so strong, even against Nen? @_@
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.