Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 17, 2008 10:44 PM

May 2008
That was an excellent Clannad game allusion there, good stuff.

It's hard to believe that this anime is almost already over... Really is a great series. Kinda creepy near the end, but that fit pretty well. Can't wait for the next ep.

Vectorshot said:
Ryushi said:

Jeez, i have a bad feeling that we are heading to a rushed, boring, stupid, lame ending.
Why does this have to happen?

Also agreed

Yeah I agree as well... needs to be a full season I think.
Dec 18, 2008 8:07 AM

Feb 2008
It's almost over already? Talk about short.
Dec 19, 2008 4:33 AM

Jul 2007
My hypothesis is that Nagi is more of an avatar rather than the typical deity incarnation or personification.

Anyway, it's nice to see some important issues finally being brought up. Since the manga's still ongoing, I think it's safe to say that the producers wouldn't want to prematurely put an end to the story.
Dec 19, 2008 3:43 PM

Jul 2008
If Nagi isn't a god why she need followers?
Dec 20, 2008 10:47 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode, and emotional to several extents. Jin furnishing Nagi wand was a sweet moment showing her that he cares for her somewhat, Takako's imagination of Jin being a main in a computer game was lol, and the "popular times" idea with Shino was also funny. Jin walking through the school with all these misunderstandings and injuries was kinda sad in the sense that the majority of the population think poorly of him. Th fight Nagi and Jin had was also very emotional, although Jin has a point, he has to consider that Nagi is telling the truth that she does not know much to her actions, I mean he should take in account her personality and try to understand to an extent of how she feels. At least Jin somewhat came to know how she felt after the talk with Suzuhara sensei, and trying to d=find out information in the library (Also figuring out that Nagi has also tried to look up who she was). Poor Nagi, just wondering what might happen next and where did or would she go?
Dec 21, 2008 5:25 PM

Sep 2007
Well crap, amnesia was not on the to of my list for 'I wonder what's going to happen'. This episode felt really short though. I just got really into it because you know, plot line = advancing and then ED theme. -.-; Or maybe that's feedback from the karaoke episode where nothing happened at all (from a purely plot based angle). :p Anyway, interesting turn.

ito said:

Because kami doesn't so much translate to god as it does spirit. and in shintoism everything and anything has a kami. Then there's a main kami for every group of those. ie The tree kami who oversees tree kami. So while she thinks she's the head honcho she could be one of almost countless things in some way related to the town/shrine. She could be who she thinks she is, she could be a random tree spirit, heck she could be the kami for the town. Or she could just be the spirit of someone who died in the town way back when. Shintoism is complicated that way. It's also the reason behind things like 'itadekimasu'. But that's irrelevant. :p
Dec 21, 2008 8:44 PM

Nov 2006
Mmm this ep is what I was expecting after seeing episode 1. Liked it.
Dec 23, 2008 9:10 AM

Jul 2008
UTK said:
ito said:

Because kami doesn't so much translate to god as it does spirit. and in shintoism everything and anything has a kami. Then there's a main kami for every group of those. ie The tree kami who oversees tree kami. So while she thinks she's the head honcho she could be one of almost countless things in some way related to the town/shrine. She could be who she thinks she is, she could be a random tree spirit, heck she could be the kami for the town. Or she could just be the spirit of someone who died in the town way back when. Shintoism is complicated that way. It's also the reason behind things like 'itadekimasu'. But that's irrelevant. :p

a bit complicated, but I understand.
Dec 26, 2008 1:22 AM

Feb 2008
Im amazed. This is exactly what I wanted to see. A decent story development and a very nice melancholic mood.

Vectorshot said:

Personally, I much preferred the slice of life comedy in this episode over the silly and blunt comedy say in ep 10. I'm also so much more tahnkful to have some real plot finnaly, and some actual CONSTANT plot, rather than something being dropped away or just suddenly seem to be there. However I am worried that there will be a rushed and under developed ending

QFT

yakyuu-addict said:
WcDuck said:
This serious mood doesn't fit Kannagi, moar sumthing like 7 or 10!
This episode was kind of out of place, but I'm glad there is at least some plot in this episode.

Well, looking at the previous episodes you definitely have a point there. Kannagi never was that serious before. But personally I think it fits very well... ^^
Dec 26, 2008 9:55 AM

Apr 2007
Neverender said:
in before "Congratulations!" ending

THIS.

srsrly, in kannagi, comedy + slice of life > supernatural + drama
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 26, 2008 10:34 AM

Feb 2008
That was really sad. But a brilliant episode.

I personally think Nagi is still a God. However it relates back to the other episodes where she has split personalities. One of her personalities is directly the Goddess she claims to be, however in order for the God/Spirit to live within the refines of the human world they have to adopt a somewhat more normal facade. Thus why our Nagi might be carrying out her duties as a Goddess yet not know anything about who or what she really is.

Maybe I've been watching too many shows about Japanese folklore xD
Dec 28, 2008 6:03 AM

Jan 2008
So the anime went into Evangelion style. Totally unexpected and boring.
Dec 28, 2008 9:24 AM

Dec 2008
WcDuck said:

I have the same opinion.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2009 8:37 AM

Nov 2008
Fabienne said:
WcDuck said:

I have the same opinion.

I agree, it was unexpected. What's wrong with Nagi being a god=a spirit?

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 3, 2009 9:30 PM

Jun 2008
Wow so is Nagi really just a simple ghost? Dun du dun dun!
Jan 8, 2009 1:52 PM

Sep 2008
Boring episode compared to the previous ones. But I can see this is just set up for the end of the series, so I'm not worried.
Jul 25, 2009 3:54 PM

May 2009
So... Nagi may not be a god... ok... then... what about zange?
Sep 3, 2009 9:46 PM

Sep 2008
Great episode. (Finally I can say that!) Well, plot progression makes me happy. Even if the episode is sort of dark and depressing and confusing, as it introduces a lot of new questions kind of late into the story. Nevertheless, it's gotten interesting.
Sep 12, 2009 7:08 PM

Jun 2009
What I can't believe is that the whole Nagi pregnant thing bothered some of you. Anyway good episode, far better than the last one.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 23, 2009 8:25 PM

Jan 2008
Why does it feel like I'm the only one that prefers this show when it actually has a plot o.O. Comedy filler isn't anything special, you know.
Apr 27, 2010 6:14 AM

Aug 2008
LolitaDecay said:
That was really sad. But a brilliant episode.

I personally think Nagi is still a God. However it relates back to the other episodes where she has split personalities. One of her personalities is directly the Goddess she claims to be, however in order for the God/Spirit to live within the refines of the human world they have to adopt a somewhat more normal facade. Thus why our Nagi might be carrying out her duties as a Goddess yet not know anything about who or what she really is.

Maybe I've been watching too many shows about Japanese folklore xD
Deep dude.

It was amusing at the start, glasses chick is seriously awesome, and then shit got deep. I loved the tone it carried as it started progressing the storyline.

Interested to see where it will go~
Jul 12, 2010 2:24 PM

Feb 2010
Nice one, we get some plot development. So Nagi isn't a god, eh?
Oct 30, 2010 11:52 AM
Jun 2008
So.......Nagi might not be a god O_o. The pregnant scene was weirrrd.
Aug 31, 2011 6:13 PM

Mar 2009
It was quite a serious episode..
Dec 9, 2011 11:40 AM
Jan 2010
Neon Kannagi Evangelion.
Serial Experiments Nagi.
Jun 1, 2012 8:57 PM

May 2011
Great episdoe.

Both humor and drama well-balanced here.
Mar 15, 2013 10:04 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
Mar 27, 2013 6:03 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
First episode I really liked, and matched my expectations of where I thought the story should best have been going from the beginning.

On the other hand, I suppose the last 5 or 6 episodes were sort of a point the author was trying to make to get to where the characters are now.
May 15, 2013 3:08 PM

May 2012
Some actual story development! EFFING FINALLY! Took them almost half of the series... well great episode lets hope the development like this proceeds!
Sep 16, 2013 8:49 PM

Oct 2011
Jin really is an asshole for always shouting or getting angry just because there is something a bit wrong. And how could Nagi be a suspicious being after all the time he knows her? That's just stupid. ~.~
Jul 3, 2014 5:04 AM
Mar 2013
When Jin was talking to the teacher it almost felt like a different anime. There was a surreal yet serious and intriguing atmosphere about the whole scene. It was a nice change of pace, and I liked the added drama since it wasn't over the top.

RiukixD said:
Jin really is an asshole for always shouting or getting angry just because there is something a bit wrong. And how could Nagi be a suspicious being after all the time he knows her? That's just stupid. ~.~
He doesn't always shout like that. Most of the time he does't even mean it.

I think it was about time he started asking questions again though. If he didn't pressure her for answers Nagi would never change and the plot would be at a standstill.
Sep 12, 2014 1:34 AM

Jul 2013
I'm guessing Nagi is like a clone or more like an alter ego of the goddess.
Nov 12, 2014 7:31 PM

Sep 2014
Things are getting serious now..
Mar 2, 2015 5:30 AM

Dec 2010
I guess that everybody complaining about lack of development are happy now. For me personally this is a sign that the anime is ending soon and I can't feel too good about this. I hope that the manga goes on further.

What is the problem with Nagi being a god according to Shinto, anyway? Is the deal all about her being a lesser spirit or what? Losing followers could result in demotion of a god to a lesser spirit, which could easily explain her lack of power and memories. In any case I don't get how does that concern Jin in any way. As far as I see it he's just angry at her because of his bad popularity, but if anything the dumb school lump is responsible for that.
Jun 12, 2015 7:42 PM

Jan 2010
...Introspection? At this stage? In a show that has been predominately comedy? I mean, I always appreciate some good self questioning, but it's rather out of place here.
Apr 16, 2016 10:07 PM

Mar 2014
The calls are keep getting ludicrous ~ . Rumors spread fast .
Looks like the plot is back and rolling ~ . It's his 'popular season' after all .
Apparently they're both searching for themselves without knowing all this time .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2018 7:33 PM

Dec 2015
Man this show just keeps getting worse and worse. It was a decent 6 or 7 before, but now it's no more than a 3. Such trash, especially this dumb homo/bi gossip thing they've been dragging out far too long.
Sep 5, 2019 7:45 AM

Aug 2018
Em.. I thought Nagi and Daitetsu were on alright terms after karaoke, but I guess not.. ;p
Em.. I don't get, why Jin is trying to reach for some truth so much.. I guess, he is stressed out too much about all different other things, like him being "bi" gossips, him falling from window and stuff.. So he's just overreacting at her.. Because it's kinda understandable why she wants to get rid of demons, I don't think further explanation is needed really.. I mean, we saw how child was influenced by frog and he was more depressed, right?..
Em.. It seems like Jin is getting into some crazy things with teacher.. I hope he'll not consider to actually banish Nagi or anything?.. I mean.. Whoever she is, she didn't do you any bad so far..
Well, maybe if not much is written into book, why not ask people who worked at the shrine?..
Oct 27, 2019 12:24 PM

Sep 2019
It was a good episode. Now she has to find if she's a good or not. Well I'm also wat no know.
Nov 26, 2020 8:40 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow I didn't expect such an episode on Nagi, that psychological aspect and development is definitely interesting
Oct 13, 2021 5:52 AM

Jan 2019
No matter how I look at it, "pregnant Nagi" is a very uncomfortable image, honestly.

Meanwhile, the anime has given a head start to Nagi's true existence. I hope they finish the show well, because it's not turning out the way I expected.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.