Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 13, 2008 8:29 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode. What is it that are all doing? The episode is out and it's #11 already. :D Really nice and I liked how it's going but I do not like how it looked like. What I mean is Nagi being shown as pregnant. How could a body vessel of a tree give birth? I know the whole thing was similar to one they showed of Daitetsu dreaming Nagi naked but my opinion on that was cute but not necessary I do think it might hint at what my friend says below that Nagi might not be a Goddess after all. (after the subs)I think it was just a way of showing this towns people are cherished by Nagi and considered as having a part of her in a metamorphic way.

I knew that somehow because I have doubts that only half of her is within and the other half is Zange stuck in Hakua's body. That half if it should join with Nagi and leave Hakua's body then I think Nagi will be a Goddess but I know a lot of people will miss Zange. :( So I wonder how this is going to get resolved.

So let me start at the beginning and I have some time now so here I go.

The beginning was funny because that anime was on that was at the end of #7. Well it sure gave Nagi the idea of getting a upgrade on her exorcism wand. Jin's flashbacks brough some memories of earlier episodes so I liked that part too.

I (how I felt)------>
the part with Jin in the bathroom when he fell out the window
because of a butterfly that is impure. It got him injured badly and was very pitiful to see his injuries for something like this.

The whole scene where Jin was pissed off at Nagi, was dramatic Jin was pissed before but this time he was way longer and more serious being serious longer.

The whole speach with Hakua's father was complicated so I did not get half it yet (after sub edit needed) but I do heard mentions of God/Demons, exorcism and doubts over how authentic is Nagi of the title Goddess. Another heavy air around Jin and Hakua's father. I do find it nice again to show the air is heavy from the beginning that would be having the weather cloudy and dark like a bad omen.

At the end of the episode I was sad :( Nagi! Where have you gone? Where did you disappear? Why? Was Nagi's reason good? Was it fine with others? Did Jin say things right or too rough? All of this I hope I find out something in #12.

1.Nagi pregnant :3
2.Nagi....T_T

Under spoiler.
1.Screwed up scene
2.Scary scene of Jin
3.Nagi suffering.

Thoughts after subs

Well there is certainly lots of blame of Jin towards Nagi for some of his misfortune. Thus, he has doubts that Nagi might be a God for not only this reason but there is also Hakua's father who doubts at the mention of Jin this.

Now this means that Nagi might be considered as a person that not who she proclaims to be. From what I have seen in this series, life things such as the maid cafe/karaoke/TV along with Anime and belief gathering did make Nagi lazy to exorcise the impurities but her powers are that of a spirit working for God and at the very least not a Demon nor a evil spirit. Nagi might be a tricky spirit by causing mischief to Jin. They are sometimes known as Tengu and there were some references in Japanese folklore as being spirits that clean lands of evil but cause little troubles in exchange. More info---------------------> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengu

Indeed that phone call from some fan crazy in love person of Zange and one of Daitetstu (bet anything it was that guy
who called Jin's house and it was a funny part none the less

In the end Nagi's origin are that of unknown. So the only ones are those connected with the shrine.

Nice explanation of some fundamentals of Shintoism.
slayer545-samaDec 16, 2008 3:33 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 13, 2008 9:21 AM

Jan 2008
Argh Jin, i'm not saying Jin is wrong but poor Nagi, she doesn't even know the reason herself. Looks like Nagi might not be a god afterall.

Great episode. Finally things are getting serious.

5/5
Dec 13, 2008 1:27 PM

Jul 2008
oh yes a lot of complicated dialogues, i didnt really get them at all. only she isnt a god at all.
loled at the eroge scene.

Dec 13, 2008 3:07 PM

Nov 2008
Kiseki said:
oh yes a lot of complicated dialogues, i didnt really get them at all. only she isnt a god at all.

I wanted to put that also but I have no time to do many screen shots. But yes indeed there was shows and hints of a possible Nagi eroge/Nagi adventure game. I do think it could a attempt to have people buy the game but remember they did with Sony. At least this one is better than the Sony one anyone think this is better than the Sony attempt?

In any case this one was another good part, I liked of this episode. *Too many likable things in this anime Kannagi*

Though of putting this up since the article deals with this episode specifically. Here
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/14/clannagi-kannagi-clannad-visual-novel-parody/
slayer545-samaDec 14, 2008 1:44 AM
Dec 15, 2008 4:03 PM

Jul 2008
I hope she is a god...
Dec 15, 2008 4:19 PM

Jul 2008
Is she a god or not? Very nice episode. Not much comedy but still good. 5/5

Dec 15, 2008 4:25 PM

Jul 2008
Whoa, serious business. Looks like were going to be hitting up the main story from here on out.

My guess is that Nagi isn't a god, and this probably relates back to the episode when Daitetsu met that "other" Nagi at the shrine. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
Dec 15, 2008 4:33 PM

Sep 2007
srs biz in this episode.
Dec 15, 2008 4:37 PM

Aug 2008
Kiseki said:

Loved that part, as well as the phone call from Daitetsu's "lover"

Pretty good ep, good work at switching to a more serious tone, and I liked the unusual "video-editing" flashbacks/self-monologue! I waited all day for this to come out, now I can have my goodnight sleep
Dec 15, 2008 4:39 PM

Sep 2008
i just want to say thank god!!!

after the direction the series starting taking i was worried they were just going to rush and ruin the ending, they ignored all plot lines and turned into more of a random comedy series. but i was so glad to see some of the more daily life comedy from earlier in the series aswell as a serious episode developing the plot and characters a lot. great episode!
Dec 15, 2008 5:25 PM
Oct 2008
Finally....I was worried that the actually story was going to be packed into two episodes. When I saw Nagi pregnant I was like whoa. But the stranger thing was that the subs said that her followers were her children and everyone's faces were beside the pregnant Nagi. Does that mean that she's somehow connected to all their births?
Dec 15, 2008 5:36 PM

Feb 2008
well there could be spirits with godlike powers but not gods themselves....

in any case, it got real serious real fast. haha two more eps.
Dec 15, 2008 6:12 PM

Nov 2008
Yusa said:
Finally....I was worried that the actually story was going to be packed into two episodes. When I saw Nagi pregnant I was like whoa. But the stranger thing was that the subs said that her followers were her children and everyone's faces were beside the pregnant Nagi. Does that mean that she's somehow connected to all their births?

Might be a reference to we all come from God therefore ones who come on this land, are from Nagi because Nagi is from God. Kind of thing. The main is we all come from God therefore we belong to being given birth from him. Before even the parents give us birth.
Dec 15, 2008 7:15 PM

Jan 2008
Woah. Kind of a dark episode, but we learn a lot about Nagi. Haha, yeah, the eroge scene was great too.
Dec 15, 2008 7:28 PM

Nov 2007
So it finally begins to get dark, Nagi is doubted by herself and Jin wonder how he will react in the next 2 episodes but lol @ love square xD
Dec 15, 2008 7:31 PM

Jun 2008
Factor said:
My guess is that Nagi isn't a god, and this probably relates back to the episode when Daitetsu met that "other" Nagi at the shrine. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

^ Agreed. She might be, some sort of replica...incarnation, posessed being most likely. Things are getting serious. I hated seeing Nagi suffer though, and cry. It was awful </3 I'm very interested to see though what the whole story actually is. What makes her belive she is a god in the first place. I can't wait for the next one!
Dec 15, 2008 8:50 PM

Oct 2008
Kittenia said:
Factor said:

^ Agreed. She might be, some sort of replica...incarnation, posessed being most likely. Things are getting serious. I hated seeing Nagi suffer though, and cry. It was awful </3 I'm very interested to see though what the whole story actually is. What makes her belive she is a god in the first place. I can't wait for the next one!

well she is something, with powers(albeit, mundane powers) she can make light appear from that toy wand. and can crush those impurity things, and obviously there is some other consciousness that used nagi as a vessel :/. maybe she'll remember more of herself if she gets more followers?
Dec 15, 2008 9:56 PM

Jul 2007
Wow, this was a good episode. Way different than the last couple.

Nagi-sama might not be a goddess?! Bleh, what does that guy know anyway.
Dec 15, 2008 11:09 PM

Nov 2007
so now im even more confused. not sure if she is a god, but she has done god like things. also we still have yet to find out what the other personality is.
Dec 15, 2008 11:12 PM

Dec 2007
Pregnant Nagi is a bit awkward...
& this episode was kind of dark and emotional =(
xeraDec 15, 2008 11:51 PM
Dec 15, 2008 11:53 PM
Mar 2008
More Nagi plz. Really liked the serious episode.
Dec 16, 2008 12:55 AM

Nov 2008
Xeranthemum said:
Pregnant Nagi is a bit awkward...
& this episode was kind of dark and emotional =(

Yup cried for Nagi and her pain. NAGI! T_T
Dec 16, 2008 2:03 AM

Apr 2007
in before "Congratulations!" ending
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2008 5:51 AM

Jun 2008
Serious and confusing episode
Dec 16, 2008 6:45 AM

Feb 2008
Gotta love Ayako's 'translation note' in this episode.
Dec 16, 2008 7:38 AM

Apr 2008
This serious mood doesn't fit Kannagi, moar sumthing like 7 or 10!
Something.
Dec 16, 2008 8:55 AM

Nov 2008
I fink this episode was strange,but interesting
Dec 16, 2008 9:01 AM

Jul 2008
WcDuck said:
This serious mood doesn't fit Kannagi, moar sumthing like 7 or 10!
This episode was kind of out of place, but I'm glad there is at least some plot in this episode.
Dec 16, 2008 11:55 AM

Aug 2008
This was a pretty good episode, really got into plot and character here...don't really trust Zange's dad, and thought that the rumors around Jin and everyone was hilarious.
Dec 16, 2008 12:56 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, but a bit sad. Jin was a bit too harsh with Nagi :(
Dec 16, 2008 1:27 PM

Feb 2008
akuma2002 said:
Jin was a bit too harsh with Nagi :(
She is a slut so she should be used to that kind of treatment.

How I felt about this episode depends entirely on the next two episodes. I have a feeling I liked it though.
Dec 16, 2008 1:52 PM

Mar 2008
Well, this episode was kind of a let-down compared to other episodes, regarding comedy. It forwarded the story, though, but it was rather incomprehensible and it didn't get to me. That style doesn't really fit this series. The drama felt a bit forced.

Well, let's see how this will continue, but for me this was not such a good episode compared with some of the excellent former episodes. They wasted much time on nothing.
Dec 16, 2008 1:57 PM
Dec 2007
Aww poor Nagi. I still believe Nagi's a god.
Dec 16, 2008 2:14 PM

Dec 2007
I liked the drama and character progress for a change. Next week's episode looks interesting.
Dec 16, 2008 3:30 PM

Feb 2008
O shi- Kannagi is NGE now. D:
Well, actually Nagi's dream reminded me a bit of the later episodes of NGE.
Dec 16, 2008 3:37 PM

Aug 2008
a nice change o pace. There was still plenty of comedy, which this show does so well. But they're finally starting to address the nagging issues surrounding Nagi (pun?). Only 2 more to go....
Dec 16, 2008 7:33 PM

Oct 2007
Finally Jin has the balls to ask serious questions and demand serious answers especially when it's costing him

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 16, 2008 8:03 PM

May 2007
I totally agree with Jin, I wish more characters like him would get angry, they do have to put up with a lot of stuff and just expected to smile. I am glad to see Jin had enough.

However I do believe Nagi is a god, I mean Zange is.
My anime list
Dec 16, 2008 8:23 PM

Oct 2007
the last few episodes were hilarious, but i'm glad to see them get back to the main plot. even though i think the switch was a little too sudden. i mean, this was the first time where i thought the series felt a little morose. but i'm excited to see how they wrap everything up. especially since there's only two episodes left. i can't imagine they'll wrap up nagi and zange's storyline so quickly. keeping my fingers crossed for a 2nd season. XD
Dec 16, 2008 9:06 PM

Jun 2007
Didn't we already find out Nagi and Zange are tree spirits split from each other? How they got god from this is a mystery to me. Tree spirits are there to help purify the lands and keep evil away so....why did they diverge from that and start calling themselves gods after episode 3 or something?

Nagi was reincarnated with her own body and we already know that when her body is split it creates other tree spirits (ie. Zange). So the other more serious Nagi is most likely the oldest sister that's the source of Nagi and Zange.

Dec 16, 2008 10:17 PM

Jan 2008
So Nagi and Zange may not be a god, but just a tree spirit? D:
Dec 16, 2008 10:27 PM

Dec 2008
aero said:

I guess so, and that totally changes my image of them.
Its strange how they have gotten serious in the series. But I loved the part when the phonecall about Daitetsu. I literally roflol'd. :]
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 16, 2008 10:39 PM

Nov 2008
Lunatic-kr said:
aero said:

I guess so, and that totally changes my image of them.
Its strange how they have gotten serious in the series. But I loved the part when the phonecall about Daitetsu. I literally roflol'd. :]

Same here but the whole tree thing forget it! You guys got to have more hope. Zange with Nagi would make a Goddess. I can only hope about this but we all here want a second season so highly unlikely Nagi will become anything but a Goddess. It's all the fans want!
Dec 16, 2008 10:47 PM

Jun 2008
I don't see what's wrong with seeing nagi pregant just because she's tree. Just like everyones saying she's also a spirit. I'm fairly sure spirits can give birth to. Also nothing wrong with only being a spirit rather than a god. Remember, there are hundreds of types of japanese spirits, and many of them are powerful enough to be seen in a godly fashion (kyubi kitsune, bakeneko and nekomata).

Personally, I much preferred the slice of life comedy in this episode over the silly and blunt comedy say in ep 10. I'm also so much more tahnkful to have some real plot finnaly, and some actual CONSTANT plot, rather than something being dropped away or just suddenly seem to be there. However I am worried that there will be a rushed and under developed ending
Dec 17, 2008 4:33 AM

Apr 2008
i can't believe that there are only 2 episodes left....

My english sucks....i know....
Dec 17, 2008 5:18 AM

Nov 2007
Interesting episode indeed, I like how Jin actually did something like press for a straight answer from Nagi when he finally had enough instead of being dragged along the current like most male main characters in these settings. I look forward to how they'll wrap things up.

Oh, and about the "used goods" implication:
Dec 17, 2008 11:26 AM

Jun 2008
Kantarou said:

Agreed.
Dec 17, 2008 3:01 PM

May 2007
I find pretty much impressive the fact that the directors managed to cover the fact that we are moving towards a rushed ending.
Thats some skill.

BUT

Saying that Nagi isn't a goddess sounds to me as an stupid way to create an climax where something happens to her, and Jin has to search for her and discover some stupid truth that actually makes no sense. (The basis to create an clichê story.)

If Nagi ain't god then the same applies to Chuck Norris and Haruhi.

Jeez, i have a bad feeling that we are heading to a rushed, boring, stupid, lame ending.
Why does this have to happen?

P.S.: I quite liked the idea behind Pregnat Nagi. (Hey! Hey! Hey! Don't look me with those eyes! Since she is a goddess and "created" all creatures, it makes sense.)
I don't understand why you guys are complaing about it.

lol, it would have been much more easier if i just quoted the guys above. lol
Vectorshot said:
Kantarou said:

Agreed.
Well... i guesss you guys get the point. lol
RyushiDec 17, 2008 3:05 PM
Dec 17, 2008 3:05 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
what a confusing episode...
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 17, 2008 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
Ryushi said:

Jeez, i have a bad feeling that we are heading to a rushed, boring, stupid, lame ending.
Why does this have to happen?

Also agreed
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.