Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 10, 2013 12:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now, that's what I call teamwork~

Otherwise, I enjoyed watching Judal's return. But, Morgania being a boss was even better! Yup, she is kicking ass imo this episode. But ya, damn it, she got injured bad ;.; nooo

Mar 10, 2013 10:05 AM

Aug 2009
Animation, voice acting, background music this was

THE BEST MAGI EPISODE TO DATE!

I was already expectant to see Morgiana in action and it rocked! I almost cried!
Mar 10, 2013 7:28 PM

Jul 2010
Oh yeah, Morgiana saving the day but man, she definitely paid a price.
Mar 10, 2013 7:39 PM

Apr 2012
MORGIANA <33333333333333
Mar 10, 2013 8:32 PM

Oct 2012
Fantastic. Morgiana was incredible, but I'm worried about her.

And I don't believe Judal doesn't care about what happened in the past. o_o

5/5
Mar 11, 2013 1:42 AM

Apr 2012
Was a pretty good episode, good to see the show picking up. But I have to admit, this scene scared the hell out of me.

Mar 11, 2013 2:15 AM
Feb 2013
Morgianna!. ... normal
Mar 11, 2013 2:21 AM

Nov 2011
you guys know Japanese?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Mar 11, 2013 2:22 AM

Sep 2012
ernst said:
you guys know Japanese?
Some of us do, so?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 11, 2013 2:28 AM

Jan 2011
This episode is not bad. They follow the manga (only a small different but it's alright). We see Morgiana activating her household vessel and Judal

Nanii said:

And I don't believe Judal doesn't care about what happened in the past. o_o

5/5

Mar 11, 2013 8:04 AM
Dec 2012
Morgiana ;_____;
Caring about her nakamas.. ;_____;
HazunoMar 11, 2013 8:30 AM
Mar 11, 2013 9:13 AM

Sep 2012
I wonder if anyone would consider the convenient timing of the power-up of Morgiana after she jumped down to face the monster as some ass-pull ?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 11, 2013 9:18 AM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
I wonder if anyone would consider the convenient timing of the power-up of Morgiana after she jumped down to face the monster as some ass-pull ?
It's the same as how Ja'far, Masrur, and everyone with a metal vessel who accompany a dungeon capturer use their powers. It should've been explained a while back, though not sure if A-1 included it fully or included it at all. They already skipped enough explanations and did some ass-pulls on their own that are different from the manga, like Aladdin using magic in the Kouga arc.
Candor123Mar 11, 2013 9:27 AM
Mar 11, 2013 9:29 AM

Sep 2012
Candor said:
It's not. It's the same as how Ja'far, Masrur, and everyone with a metal vessel who accompany a dungeon capturer use their powers. It should've been explained a while back, though not sure if A-1 included it fully or included it at all.
I can see her power is related to the Jinn that is related to fire but I don't think it was ever explained what kind of power the metal vessel might be able to provide, not even any hint except the Jinn is there. So suddenly seeing the chain grows longer and can be manipulated by Morgiana at will like her hands (in her words) and then even suddenly allows her to chant a fire magic (how does she know the name of the magic?) without any previous practice at such a convenient timing, sounds like, well, something like an ass-pull...

Mar 11, 2013 9:50 AM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
I can see her power is related to the Jinn that is related to fire but I don't think it was ever explained what kind of power the metal vessel might be able to provide, not even any hint except the Jinn is there. So suddenly seeing the chain grows longer and can be manipulated by Morgiana at will like her hands (in her words) and then even suddenly allows her to chant a fire magic (how does she know the name of the magic?) without any previous practice at such a convenient timing, sounds like, well, something like an ass-pull...
I don't remember it was mentioned exactly how she was able to extend them in the manga either, so you can call it whatever you want I guess, but something like her extending them at will or knowing the name of the attack is nothing new in battle-shonen.
Candor123Mar 11, 2013 9:54 AM
Mar 11, 2013 10:46 AM

Jun 2008
oh men. this sounded like Ichiya from FT, LOL I really didnt want to complain, but...for god´s sake the animation was terrible. Manga was 23424243242 better. I didnt feel a thing watching this while I got emo in the manga in the part of Morgiana fainting and the part of Judal crying.
And watching Sinbad still cursed when in the manga he solved it in a blink of a eye is pissing me off.
why did they have to change the plot...T___T

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 11, 2013 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
Candor said:
but something like her extending them at will or knowing the name of the attack is nothing new in battle-shonen.
And we know that convenient power-up (as long as your thought is strong enough) are dime a dozen in battle shounen -- which is precisely why the word "ass-pull" is quite often seen in discussion of battle shounen ;-)

Mar 11, 2013 11:49 AM

May 2012
I hope it get subbed before I go to bed today.
Mar 11, 2013 12:37 PM

Aug 2009
symbv said:

A household vessel is activated if the holder forms a strong connection to the King Candidate and fights back to back with him. Then the Djinn "gives birth" to a familiar. This was Sinbad's intention for Morgiana (this wasn't explained earlier but Masrur was aware that he couldn't help her with the awakening of the vessel through training alone:
)

Aladdin said that Morgiana can decide how to use her vessel when the time comes and it's her strong desire to be "the wings" of her comrades and be able to extend her reach that manipulates her chains.
We have already seen many other convenient household vessels in action so call it shounen "ass-pull" all you want it, was going to happen sooner or later :P
Mar 11, 2013 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
Orulyon said:
oh men. this sounded like Ichiya from FT, LOL I really didnt want to complain, but...for god´s sake the animation was terrible. Manga was 23424243242 better. I didnt feel a thing watching this while I got emo in the manga in the part of Morgiana fainting and the part of Judal crying.
And watching Sinbad still cursed when in the manga he solved it in a blink of a eye is pissing me off.
why did they have to change the plot...T___T
well the animation is better in this ep than some of the previous ones, the manga is still alot better, and I do think that knowing ahead what's going to happen will remove some of the 'emo'
I still hope those that didn't expect what would happen in this ep enjoyed all the Judal moments the same way I did in the manga -w-
also about the curse, it happens alot later actually.. If I remember right..

been looking forward to this ep, and it wasn't a let down at all, maybe the best ep of the anime up to date :)
and hnghh Judal <3
and Morgiana was very awesome ofc :) still hoped I'd get too see Amon's awkward 'Alibaba, I'm going to give birth' moment, but ya...

They really improved on the bg music for this episode, it actually fit the mood and was good, and not to mention the VA's did a great job too ^^
Mar 11, 2013 4:47 PM

Feb 2011
Good to see Judal again and his scene in Sindria.
Great episode, can't wait for next week.
Mar 12, 2013 9:58 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
Candor said:
but something like her extending them at will or knowing the name of the attack is nothing new in battle-shonen.
And we know that convenient power-up (as long as your thought is strong enough) are dime a dozen in battle shounen -- which is precisely why the word "ass-pull" is quite often seen in discussion of battle shounen ;-)

Lol, when reading the manga I didn't feel like this part was an ass-pull really. I mean, at least Morgiana isn't part fanalis, part God, part this and that and conveniently becomes some new higher being at all the most convenient times like some characters in some manga. Haha. Or is constantly losing every fight and is unable to ever win unless she uses nakama power. She got a new power which was explained and many others have this same type of power, it's a lot more believable as a whole.

It bugs me that people are praising improvements in this show when it's wayyyyyyyyyyyy too late for A-1 to do anything to make this anime anything better than alright. And I say "alright" because I have a more lenient and light hearted view of anime than most, since pretty much none are impressive enough to please the true fans of the manga being adapted. Gotta try take things are they are and try to enjoy them. That said, this anime has disappointed me the most, despite strong efforts earlier to enjoy it, heh.
Mar 12, 2013 2:44 PM

Feb 2011
For crying out loud , so that's why GG disabled the comments . In order to delay the releases for a long time and not getting any complaints . Amazing .
Mar 12, 2013 5:21 PM

Apr 2010
To be fair I read what people said, they were unnecessarily rude to them constantly. That said, I'm very sure they are purposely delaying the releases now, and I reckon we'll get delayed releases all the way to the end.

Petty, but it was brought on by the stupidly rude morons giving them hell. Subbers are humans too, they have lives and more important things to do than subbing for free, but at the same time I don't feel they should be so petty back to everyone.
Mar 12, 2013 9:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
UnbornMVs said:
For crying out loud , so that's why GG disabled the comments . In order to delay the releases for a long time and not getting any complaints . Amazing .

There are always a bunch of users that somehow feel entitled...

And delay of 2 days is not going to kill anyone.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 12, 2013 10:00 PM

Sep 2012
A fantastic episode
Morgiana certainly was incredible this episode, saving the team once again.
So a war is going to break out. This will certainly be interesting
Mar 12, 2013 10:08 PM

Apr 2010
Can't wait to see how badly they demolish the fight next week!! Not. I'm expecting it to be as bad as the Balbadd final battle. Hopefully they put some sort of effort into it so it doesn't look too cheap lol.

Morgiana rocks, though. The blood from her eyes looked harsh, but cool at the same time. :D Morgiana > Erza.
Mar 12, 2013 10:55 PM
Mar 2013
^ I think they already skipped that part about Amon 'giving birth' -.-
Mar 13, 2013 12:16 AM
Sep 2012
ayanchua said:
I was wondering how Morgiana got her vessel.
Mar 13, 2013 12:18 AM

May 2011
mikado34 said:

A household vessel is activated if the holder forms a strong connection to the King Candidate and fights back to back with him. Then the Djinn "gives birth" to a familiar. This was Sinbad's intention for Morgiana (this wasn't explained earlier but Masrur was aware that he couldn't help her with the awakening of the vessel through training alone:
)

Aladdin said that Morgiana can decide how to use her vessel when the time comes and it's her strong desire to be "the wings" of her comrades and be able to extend her reach that manipulates her chains.
We have already seen many other convenient household vessels in action so call it shounen "ass-pull" all you want it, was going to happen sooner or later :P

Thanks for the info. The first half of the anime is so awesome, but the second half to me seems a little messed up(well, to be exact, after the balbadd arc).
Mar 13, 2013 2:47 AM

Sep 2012
Morgianaaaaaa
Mar 13, 2013 4:50 AM

Nov 2011
Morgiana kicking ass and steal the spotlight like always.

LOL at Judal's face when he was acting.

I wonder if they are gonna do the fight some justice. The anime will have an original ending and from what I had read, its not that great.

Mar 13, 2013 7:00 AM

Feb 2012
Damn Jafar and Morgianna were beast this episode.

Can't wait for next one, Judal is surrounded by all 8 Generals + Sinbad, I hope they will snap all his shit up.
Mar 13, 2013 7:14 AM

Feb 2013
Great episode, can't wait for more.
Mar 13, 2013 8:12 AM

Jun 2010
Good to see Dunya. That's all.
Mar 13, 2013 8:15 AM

Dec 2012
angry ja'far is really attractive, omg. he seriously needs more screen time.

judal's performance was just awesome. the way he was crying and then slowly turning it into laughing - i love such scenes because it's always seems kind of psychotic. i just really loved that scene :D

and jesus christ, could his pants even be any lower?

i have the feeling that his outfit is getting shorter and shorter with every episode. well, i'm not complaining!

but i still can't get myself to like care about morgiana. it feels like 95% of the fandom adore her, but i don't feel anything. i just don't care about her. actually i want to like her because she's not a bad character and usually i like strong women, but... i don't know. everytime i see her i get kind of bored.

i do like the foursome, though. i don't think that hakuryuu will join the team, but i would like to see more episodes where the four of them are fighting or just being together.
Mar 13, 2013 9:01 AM

May 2012
symbv said:

actually the rukh bird transfer to mogiana's metal vessel from alibaba during wolf fight, . and its not timing power up(its like ur having contract with a djin..
), she just dont know how to use it till that time..
great ep..i love mor fight scene, its the best.. this ep is relax now theres no more ass rush..
Dark_MessiahMar 13, 2013 9:05 AM

Mar 13, 2013 9:19 AM
Aug 2011
Now it's throwing me off how they're subtly trying to fix some details.

Ja'far: "...it seems like Alibaba and Hakuyuu were able to become friends."

Then what was the point of all that "hate him, kill him!" business?
Mar 13, 2013 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
So much stuff happened this episode. First the possibility of the war, Morgiana getting them new chains. I'm more curious about the Magi that's going around and creating dungeons, he's definitely caught my interest.

My Channel if anyone's interested?
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSlyDragon93?feature=mhee
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2013 1:06 PM

Mar 2009
The QUALITY is back!

At least Morgiana kicked some ass in this episode.
Mar 13, 2013 3:04 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode, not really predictable and good enjoyment value. I especially love when Morgiana did some spider man with her chains.
Mar 13, 2013 3:09 PM

May 2012
oO somehow different than the eps before :3

Morgiana Q_Q
Mar 13, 2013 4:29 PM

Nov 2011
Dropped if she dies. She's the only reason i'm watching this show anyways.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 13, 2013 5:08 PM
Aug 2009

Epic

Mor <3 <3 <3

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images.
LunaMar 15, 2013 1:27 AM
Mar 13, 2013 5:10 PM

Nov 2012
Morgiana has nice legs
Mar 13, 2013 5:20 PM

May 2012
Morgiana was like spiderman but much cooler with chains!!! Wow.. this is really getting good. And that stone snake.. can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 13, 2013 10:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ayanchua said:

I just remembered that part from the manga when I saw Morgiana activate her metal vessel this episode...man that part was hilarious too =_= why did they skip that part?!?!

The quality is definitely better in this episode, as well as the music. Ja'far looked pretty badass when he crashed into the wall and then his gaze was pretty beast-like. They did a good job too with Morgiana's part near the end...;_; I felt the tears coming when Alibaba took her hand.
Mar 14, 2013 1:29 AM

Jan 2011
God damn it, Morgiana is so fucking awesome! Her household vessel is so perfect; those long-as chains. Then lighting the chains on fire. Morgiana bleeding from her eyes was pretty scary lol. Animation was a lot better this time 'round. I wish Sinbad would've let Ja'far to continue fighting Judal, he's so cool when he's serious.
Mar 14, 2013 2:53 AM

Dec 2011
Morgiana!! So freakin badass!!

And dammit.......freakin snake guy is back... ugh
Mar 14, 2013 3:27 AM

Feb 2012
Good episode. Can't predict where the story is headed~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.