3It was OK
4.3%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
1.8%
Average 4.6
278 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 3, 2007 5:44 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A very nice episode. I loved the way they ended it. I always enjoy those years later epilogue's. The reunion between Deineira and Age was very touching.
Oct 3, 2007 7:11 PM

Aug 2006
I really enjoyed this series and I loved the ending. Just like Faust I also like these epilogue type endings. I also really liked the lighting effects and the BGM of that final scene and how they kept pulling back the camera to a view of the galaxy in the end. And yeah, that reunion between Age and Deineira was awesomely done!
zanmato666Oct 3, 2007 7:14 PM
Oct 4, 2007 7:50 AM

Mar 2007
OMFG!! Finally I saw some romance!!!

And I only had to watch 99% of the series to get to the romance... -_-

Loved the reunion! T_T wish they'd spent more minutes on it though
Oct 4, 2007 8:03 AM

Mar 2007
The Ending was so-so, would've prefered if Deineira and Age never runited, would've been more interesting :D But the show was overall good, just one thing missing would be better subbers.. And I gave it a 7/10, it needed more mecha action instead of the heroic tribe battles.
Oct 4, 2007 2:01 PM
Jul 2007
I noticed they upped the quality for the final ep. Show was alright. I enjoyed watching most of it. It's not a keeper for me though.
Oct 4, 2007 9:09 PM
Sep 2007
well thats why Heroic Age is a unique anime, well the ending is so very good i love it... that why Age ask Deinera to rebuild oron because there is a gate there!! wow
Oct 5, 2007 5:38 PM

Sep 2007
I liked the ending as well. I too watched this anime mostly for the romance..(lolz)..but i was wondering about the ending coz it seemed a bit unclear..Did the princess/queen leave to go with age to the "other side". Or did Age come back to stay, then the portal closed?..

Maybe they just left it not totally clear like that for our imaginations to decide. =)
Oct 5, 2007 9:42 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
The ending made up for the boring parts of this anime :D ... well, and the amusing fan-subbers, lol. Gotta look at what else they sub.

I really wanted to see what Age looked like at the end, but the "four years later" epilogue was a nice touch. The music added to the improved quality for the last ep was a nice finale. I'll probably go back and watch a few scenes again in the future, but at this point, I'm not looking at repeating the series.

The way I interpreted it, she did leave the galaxy with Age ... but maybe that was just me?
Oct 15, 2007 6:49 AM
Sep 2007
Yep the entire series kept my attention, cool sounds and graphics
Oct 24, 2007 9:34 AM

Mar 2007
I re-watched the last minutes over and over again. xD

I want that song!! I think it's "Azurite ~ True Grace ~" by Tae Urakabe. I've been looking for it everywhere, but can't find it.

Notice the little details of that scene: as soon as we hear Age's voice ("Deianeira created a path for me"), we get a trembling shot of Deianeira (niiiiice). It's cool how we are listening to the music bit by bit, as each scene comes.

I like the whole «trembling camera» effect. It helped the dramatic effect. The visuals' quality really improved in this last episode!
Oct 24, 2007 12:29 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
algelic said:
I re-watched the last minutes over and over again. xD

Hahahaha, me as well. And you're right the visual and sound effects for that whole final scene was fantastic. Really ended the ep on a *BANG!*

My only disappointment was I *really* wanted to see his face!! But I can be content without... I've been (not really actively) looking for the song as well. If you find it, I'd love to know :)
Feb 5, 2008 9:42 AM

Mar 2007
If anyone wants the song that was playing in the ending, called "Azurite ~True Grace~", you can download it here:

Click to Get! xD
Feb 5, 2008 11:14 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
algelic said:
If anyone wants the song that was playing in the ending, called "Azurite ~True Grace~", you can download it here:

Click to Get! xD
Thanks so much!! I'll do that as soon as I get home!

*hugz*
Jun 8, 2008 7:10 AM

Mar 2008
well the last episode was good enough for me as a finisher of this series

4/5 as is my final quotation on the entire series

MAL list updates
Jun 8, 2008 7:13 AM

Jul 2007
Why on earth do you guys do this to me? It was practically torture sitting through the first 20 episodes, but now I'm so tempted to watch the last four ;.;
Jun 10, 2008 3:32 PM

May 2008
Fun episode.. anyone else think that it was sort of selfish for Age to make the princess run through the water at the end? lol :)
Jul 24, 2008 11:15 AM
Jul 2008
byae said:
Fun episode.. anyone else think that it was sort of selfish for Age to make the princess run through the water at the end? lol :)

lol yeah...i thought the same..pretty good anime..ending was pretty good..
Sep 14, 2008 9:49 PM

Aug 2008
And now She can touch him XD
Oct 11, 2008 7:24 AM

Aug 2007
Having the power of the Golden/Silver Tribe sure seems really cool! And why did I see Deianeira's brothers towards the end? Oh well, I guess they lived after all.

This eps really supplemented the rest of the series, it was a very calming and soothing end. I like how they left it a bit open, and I loved the part when Deianeira was explaining to Iolaus' dad that it should be the inhabitants of Oron that decide whether Age's existence will be remembered on their planet
May 5, 2009 11:45 PM

Apr 2009
good show! Some of the middle eps were kinda slow but the beginning and end were awesome. 7 out of 10
May 20, 2009 10:54 PM

Dec 2008
wow, hes really good at that isn't he - coming back after making us believe he died (that practically goes for every nodos as well)

I would have liked to know what actually happened after that. but i guess its ok after all if they leave it open for interpretation.

liked the lightning and sound effects.
Aug 6, 2009 11:24 PM

Mar 2008
hmm... i think this is the biggiest epic ( as far as the powers go) that i've seen yet

" Only God can judge me" - Tupac
Aug 11, 2009 5:38 PM
Feb 2009
w000t loved it too bad no (kissed) from them at the end :(
Dec 2, 2009 12:12 PM

Jan 2008
I like this Ep. There is no "kissing" in this whole series. Age seemed more "grown-up" when he returned.

Dec 22, 2009 8:20 AM
Mar 2008
I really loved it. especially the ending when Dhianeila and Age meet at the end of the scene but, its to short and, it gives me the feeling of wanting one more season. to provide a smooth ending and more romantic ending. But it will be very har to produce another season specially when they have closed all the paths of story to produce a new season. but i want more
Feb 26, 2010 3:06 PM

Nov 2009
Beautiful last episode and the whole series. 9/10
Jul 15, 2010 2:42 AM

Apr 2009
good show.. it's nothing special but it has my favors.. it gets 8/10 because at least they did everything right and i personally like it.. added "Gravitation" to my favorite OP songs to listen to..
Jul 17, 2010 7:15 AM
Jun 2009
Nice anime. i gave it 9/10.... because i like the story, thats all... though the main characters personality didn't sit well with me. animation-wise was great, character design was also cool, I didn't like the silver race's ship though, the design doesn't convince me that they are an advanced race, especially how they fire their lasers, for me it doesn't look sophisticated at all. I do love the heroic tribe's design though. it was totally a wicked looking monster, the powers also fit thier looks...
Jul 17, 2010 9:50 PM
Jun 2010
WOW just WOW I give it a 10/10. This is by far my favor of all time series.The ending was amazing, they could had end it half way into the episode and it still would had a good ending, but then they added that extra bit just to make you love it. I also love how the ending credit scene and the last episode are link. Love the plot all the way to the end. The only thing I didn't like about the ending is that you know nothing about the Golden Tribe.
dctank117Jul 17, 2010 9:57 PM
Aug 25, 2010 7:23 AM
Aug 2010
Wonderful episode. Love how Age, finally released from his final contract (by the restoration of the planet), returns for her. Would have loved to know what universe awaited them on the other side of the gate.
Thought it was a bit to obvious that the humans would stay behind and "evolve" or something before moving on. Well, wonderful episode and a great anime.
Nov 1, 2010 3:33 AM

Oct 2008
Holy crap- What a show! I haven't orgasmed from a story that good since Gurren Lagaan! Beautiful ending and I was left saddened. I knew it was coming to an end but I still felt my heart sink a little as they showed the last scene with Age and Dhianeila holding hands. I wish he'd have just pulled her into his arms and hugged her tight but we can't have everything. :P

Oh and I cried when Mehitaka was told by Age for the first time, that he didn't have to fight anymore. T~T

Nov 8, 2010 7:21 PM
Jun 2008
wow! an ending that rivals even some of the best Final Fantasy endings!! That's what I like to see, lot's of emotion and an ending that we all share for the rest of our life.

Something we will never forget
Nov 28, 2010 4:40 PM

Jan 2008
This show was awesome on soooo many levels...Age and Dhianeila T_T Thank god they still got together.
Dec 26, 2010 12:26 AM
Oct 2010
I really didn't like the ending, i was hoping the good princess would open her eyes and see that person that was there for her the most the one that truly deserved her love and admiration was totally used by her then drop like a piece of garbage when she didn't need him( she was telepathic wasn't she and she couldn't see his feeling for her).
Jan 27, 2011 3:19 PM

Jan 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this series and particularly this episode. The characters are very likable and I thought the story was done well.
Jul 14, 2011 6:03 AM

Dec 2008
I really got engrossed in this series and in my opinion i think they both left; although that left me with questions like who was gonna lead this universe and would there be more war for power?
Aug 18, 2011 1:21 PM

Feb 2008
such a great series, 9.5 out of 10 for me, its just...outstaning
Sep 2, 2011 3:28 PM
Apr 2011
munchyzpit9 said:
byae said:

lol yeah...i thought the same..pretty good anime..ending was pretty good..

Can I ask you something when you watch you don't see right?
She can use shedron shields if she wanted to she could fly to him.

The ending was good.
Sep 3, 2011 12:58 AM
Oct 2010
I loved this series! 10/10 for me. The characters are just loveable except for the annoying brothers..they made me facepalm and then i facedesked at the end when they were alive being bigger idiots -_-
Anyway. i thought the ending was pretty cool, i expected that to happen actually and i'm one of the few who wish that didn't happen and that they made a second season when they cross over into the other world and catch up with the silver tribe, and now that the nodos don't fight anymore, they should get to know each other better! Ugh i never saw all 5 of them together at the end in human form and that woulda been so cool! I'm mad on that account and that a 2nd season won't be coming, but it's assumed from yuti's words earlier that if they meet up with age they will send him back so i guess they were all together in a sense, i just didn't see it! (grrrr...). Which touches base on the next thing...Yuti. Absolutely my favorite favorite favorite character ever! From the icy cold ruthless girl to the cool calm collected and still ever so cute! Any Yuti fan is welcomed to add me and such :)
I thought the music was amazing, especially the Opening, but the music at the end was very sad and fitted right into the scenes. I take back what i said before and give it a 9/10, for the mere fact there is no second season and i'm dying for one as per the many out there who do too, and the fact i'll never see Yuti again! Animation quality was not perfect but definitely good, the battles were better because of NODOS power than it would have been without...less destruction..less entertaining. So here ends what felt like quite the essay, then again it is 4am so i could just be tired =)
I will end this on one note saying thank you heroic age for not wasting any of my time watching you except for the fact that i was very mad at the ending. If there is ever a petition to make a heroic age season 2, let me know ASAP! ^.^
~ The Blade Children
Jan 10, 2012 4:09 AM

Apr 2008
This show got my attention at the very beginning.
Although it weren't all that "special". Been there, seen that.
with that Said,I must agree with several of you guys here. The ending did indeed leave alot of up the viewer to figure out induvidually or whatever. However, I do not like those kind of endings at all, even if it sadly is way common on the romance-at-the-end series.
If I were to guess,I do not think that Age and Dhianeila would go back into the portal for 2 reasons. 1: They didn't have a reason to do so, so derp at you people thinking that way. And 2: The Gate closed!
As common sense would tell most of us, Age become's King and (ofc) marries Dhianeila. They get a few kids, the humankind with thr rest of the galaxy would keep evolving and in a hundred years,maybe less, they may also get the chance to see the Portal/gates open and they will meet new adventures on the other side.
AAaanyhow, with that said. I loved the series, and there are not that many out there that makes me wanna complete it in 1 maraton. This one nearly did. a very strong 9.5/10, leaving the last 0.5 for the lack of romance.
Jan 14, 2012 10:27 AM
Jan 2012
Heroic Age, Well what can I say? I loved it! I could not stop watching it. I am currently watching it for a second time, and it still has the same effect. A anime that was done with class and intelligence. and the visual art was eye candy, while the plot had substance and deeper meanings. I hoped that there would be a longer series, it left me wanting more, not many anime's can say that.
Jan 23, 2012 7:26 PM
Jan 2012
I'd give this 10/10....i would finish the whole season in one day if it were not for sleep and life -.- lol

hyptocalus said:

If I were to guess,I do not think that Age and Dhianeila would go back into the portal for 2 reasons. 1: They didn't have a reason to do so, so derp at you people thinking that way. And 2: The Gate closed!
As common sense would tell most of us, Age become's King and (ofc) marries Dhianeila. They get a few kids, the humankind with thr rest of the galaxy would keep evolving and in a hundred years,maybe less, they may also get the chance to see the Portal/gates open and they will meet new adventures on the other side.

+1 with hyptocalus' statement on how the ending went....here's my added points to support that:

Take a look at the 12 Labours: (in spoiler so it doesn't take up room)

Since the 12 Labours were created by the Gold Tribe, I'm sure they saw/predicted the future accurately (to guide the others), so they came up with rules.

As the last one #12 "When these labors are fulfilled, humans also known as ..." was carried out, I'm assuming that #1-11 were done and over with (finished and don't apply anymore). Also, this last one also shows us that the Gold Tribe probably knew that Age, being the key, would disappear (so another gate was placed on Oron (maybe?) and that it was the duty/final task of the humans/Dhianeila to prove their worth as the rightful overseers of the universe.

ON TO THE MAIN POINT (relationship)....referring to Labour #2 "To serve the King (Dhianeila) and never become one." - as this applies to Age, the only way to "become one (king)" is to kill Dhianeila or be with Dhianeila (i.e. relationship), maybe this is why throughout the anime, Age did not make a move or show any interest at all for her (although we can see that he's very fond of her). That being said, since #12 came true (and from my assumption that #1-11 can be done with when #12 is true)...there no more agreement that Age cannot be with Dhianeila. So from this, at the end of the anime, Age and Dhianeila are together (in a relationship). Also...I doubt Age is the type who would kill Dhianeila...and if I recall...none of the other Nodos' agreements have this clause...so technically being a "king" can be obtained only through relationship? lol (ok i think i'm forcing this point too much...)

LAST POINT (staying or leaving?)....

• throughout the anime, Dhianeila has been portrayed as the guidance for humans.
  • when the silver/bronze tribes were leaving, I'm sure Dhianeila was wise enough to have the privilege to go with them.
  • throughout the anime, Age always tells Dhianeila to keep going in her direction and that he would meet her at the end of it (which he does!).
  • (this point is less relevant, but meh lol) Age tells Dhianeila that she is the one he must follow (i.e. what the gold tribe told him), which means that she is the one to guide the tribes (which includes iron)
  • knowing the result of #12 (i.e. Age comes back) it looks like it's the gold tribes final test on humanity and especially Dhianeila (as she keeps staying on the planet at the very end)...this test is one to see whether Dhianeila is truly the right person to do the job (being the overseer of the universe)...and if she's wise enough (to carry out #12, which brings back Age), then humans have a chance of going to the next universe (refer to the next point)
  • AGE IS THE KEY...if humanity is to go to the next universe, he needs to be there to open the door? lol xD...so they have to stay in the current universe (or at least i would think)....MAYBE the gate on Elysium (gold tribe's planet?) is the door to go to the next universe, and the one on Oron is the door back?
  • LASTLY....Age loves to eat and from the looks of it...he loves Fuuto's legs...so I'm not sure if he's willing to part with that lol (this is a joke =P lol)

Basically...the above points are my arguments that Dhianeila and Age does stay in the current universe (and did not go to the next one as the door closed at the end of Ep 26)

....So yeah...I think Age/Dhianeila gets together, stay in the current universe and continue to guide humans.
lavadudeJan 23, 2012 7:37 PM
Feb 3, 2012 6:34 PM

Mar 2010
Well, anime was surely a good one. Through the first 5 episodes, intros with the Golden Race entrusting the quest to the immature ones was really epic, it made me get goosebumps, in a positive way :P

Music is really good, effects and art. Princess was somehow really irritating while hamming and all that annoying stuff, but it ended pretty good.

Team work among Nodos was really something, it was exciting and satisfying.

But, there were also some really funny points to the anime itself, I mean, if you put romance, emotions, battle and all main points aside , it was quite hilarious,
here's one of the many examples:

Megaton Punch - Bellcross punches BLACK HOLES. Also the basic attack Bellcross will always use. Memetic Mutation states that Bellcross can punch anything. At one point in the series, he punches the extra-dimensional void which has isolated him and the other Nodos from the universe itself.
--Yes, Bellcross punched nothing, because the nothing was in his way.--

see, but again, it's just another of many charms of this anime.

Im glad I watched it :)
“If you`re losing your soul and you know it, then you`ve still got a soul left to lose”
Feb 27, 2012 1:37 PM

Dec 2009
Oh man, this anime is one of the most addicting anime I ever watched. I could not stop watching it... But holy fuck did it piss me off.

I hated the characters so god dammed much. This is the first anime that I watched where I hated the characters but still ended up liking it.
Mar 31, 2012 3:29 PM
Jul 2008
Started rewatching this, still love it. Still felt badass and epic. I only wished the show had better characters. All the charaters are boring, Period. I'm thankful that there isn't any of those otaku archteypes here though. But the nodos, and bronze and silver race and maybe the iron tribe are boring as heck. Maybe it was just the music and ending that I love only.. I wonder.
Apr 1, 2012 10:42 PM

Dec 2011
There was many confusing points of the anime. Maybe because I watch the dubbed version? I find that the characters are drawn very skinny... Especially Karkinos Rucan. His voice was cool but like wow! His body!!

Disregard that... I kinda wanted an ending that would make the series continue. But the ending for Heroic Age wasn't too bad. But seriously! All the women characters started to look like Dhianeila! Very touching ending. But sort of confused also. Did they went to the other world? Thats probably my top wonders of this whole series :D
Apr 14, 2012 9:42 AM

Nov 2010
nice ending..the only thing i hoped for is that they could have add some more romantic scenes throughout the series...

May 5, 2012 10:43 PM

Nov 2011
Great ending although the show overal...didn't click imo. Maybe, that's just me though.
May 31, 2012 5:52 AM
Dec 2010
Amazing anime.
One flaw, I agree on that this series needed more romance as it was kinda made as as mix of searching for humankind's place in universe and romantic story but that romance part had been only hinted until very last episode where it was finally shown kinda.

Even though it lacked romance and I'm romance lover on top of that, i still gave it 9/10 as it had kept me in awe for long enough :)
over all 9/10
Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyMay 31, 2012 6:11 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jun 26, 2012 6:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very enjoyable series. The story while not exactly groundbreaking is interesting enough, and there's a nice balance between battle scenes and dialogue. If anything, they could have maybe made some of the dialogue between Lecty and the Silver Tribe less cryptic. The animation was good and the music was excellent. I wish they made more series like this. A keeper for me.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 9 Discussion

zanmato666 - May 31, 2007

7 by gautrstafr »»
Nov 10, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 2 Discussion

Ritsuka - Apr 15, 2007

24 by gautrstafr »»
Nov 8, 2023 1:48 PM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 18 Discussion

VK11 - Aug 8, 2007

20 by CaptainKenshiro »»
May 8, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 1 Discussion

zanmato666 - Apr 4, 2007

23 by Abcccc988 »»
Jun 11, 2021 11:19 PM

Poll: » Heroic Age Episode 25 Discussion

Faust721 - Sep 26, 2007

20 by FireRifle64 »»
May 20, 2021 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.