Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 8, 2008 6:51 AM

Dec 2007
A good episode to open a new arc. Less action packed as expected, but next week should make up for that. Looking forward to the next episode.
Dec 8, 2008 6:51 AM

Jun 2008
I laughed in tears throughout the episode, it was damn hilarious. Glad to see this arc starting up.
Dec 8, 2008 6:57 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Daym.

Kick.

Ass.

Episode.

All the girls are awesome.

[edit]: Maid schools for lolis are just as awesome. And I don't care if that ^ pic was already posted. :P
cyruzDec 8, 2008 7:01 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 8, 2008 8:31 AM

Nov 2008
cyruz said:
Daym.

Kick.

Ass.

Episode.

[edit]: Maid schools for lolis are just as awesome. And I don't care if that ^ pic was already posted. :P

Actually your size of your pics does not distort the forum Cyruz, so I say it's better!
Nice screen shots like usual mate. The first if you read my comments, I said that clone was lucky Accelerator did blow her head off since that was what she was aiming for.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 8, 2008 9:32 AM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:

Kick.

Ass.

Episode.

Not much to add here.
No, wait.
I like MISAKA's way of talking.

"hehe"
rofl @ Schrödinger for a cat's name.
Dec 8, 2008 9:35 AM
Dec 2007
ALTIMIT said:

Not much on the new villain(yes) yet but he seemed to consider himself the strongest lv5 esp
He is the strongest I think, Mikoto is #3 (which is why she has that rivalry with Touma, seeing as a mere level 0 defeated her). And now we outgrew the magician of the week and are now into the Espers territory. I'm curious to see how Touma's Imagine Breaker will match up with Accelerator.

Dec 8, 2008 9:51 AM

Feb 2008
maid school haha thats very interesting.

electrifying flees off an animal without killing it is quite a handy ability indeed. the cat naming scene was pretty funny.
Dec 8, 2008 10:06 AM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
Daym.

Kick.

Ass.

Episode.

i do agree that ALL the girls in this show are awesome. srsly...kanzaki with her hot legs(err...leg), index the loli nun, himegami the almost emotionless shrine maiden, misaka the tomboyish loli and her loli sisters, maika the loli maid, komoe the loli teacher...damn that's a lot! and most of em are lolis to boot! mmmmm

btw i just checked the character pages for toaru and i haven't seen any seiyuu for maika yet. she does sound a lot like mikai kana(satoko of higurashi/sumeragi of code geass).

*edit: apparently im wrong just checked wikipedia and maika is voiced by misato fukuen(yin from dtb, kurumu from rosario, yami from to-love ru and eruka frog from soul eater). i also checked misaka's voice(the imouto one) - apparently she's being voice by a different seiyuu - nozomi sasaki(patricia martin from lucky star)

corrodedDec 8, 2008 10:13 AM
Dec 8, 2008 10:49 AM

Feb 2008
This is one hell of a long introduction. I guess this entire season is one long introduction to a couple more seasons of Index?

This was one of the better episodes though, it mixed action, exposition, comedy and other things in just the right amounts.
Dec 8, 2008 11:23 AM

Jun 2008
De-JaY said:
cyruz said:

Kick.

Ass.

Episode.

Not much to add here.
No, wait.
I like MISAKA's way of talking.

"hehe"
rofl @ Schrödinger for a cat's name.

Haha, yeah, the cat name scene was brilliant. The face after the joke is great :P

I also felt that the animation was superb at several scenes, like the short battle at the beginning.
Dec 8, 2008 11:39 AM

Feb 2008
Orkel said:

I also felt that the animation was superb at several scenes, like the short battle at the beginning.

Yeah, JC Staff did a great job there.
Dec 8, 2008 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
corroded said:
cyruz said:
Daym.

Kick.

Ass.

Episode.

i do agree that ALL the girls in this show are awesome. srsly...kanzaki with her hot legs(err...leg), index the loli nun, himegami the almost emotionless shrine maiden, misaka the tomboyish loli and her loli sisters, maika the loli maid, komoe the loli teacher...damn that's a lot! and most of em are lolis to boot! mmmmm

btw i just checked the character pages for toaru and i haven't seen any seiyuu for maika yet. she does sound a lot like mikai kana(satoko of higurashi/sumeragi of code geass).

*edit: apparently im wrong just checked wikipedia and maika is voiced by misato fukuen(yin from dtb, kurumu from rosario, yami from to-love ru and eruka frog from soul eater). i also checked misaka's voice(the imouto one) - apparently she's being voice by a different seiyuu - nozomi sasaki(patricia martin from lucky star)

Nice info on the voice characters and Seiyuus. :)
Nice thread so far. I like how all actually put up images it helps to understand.
Dec 8, 2008 1:33 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, seems to be an interesting arc. Almost no scene for Index, that's a bit weird ^^
Dec 8, 2008 3:12 PM

Nov 2007
Interesting her sister replies in an interesting way ^^" stating emotions that go along with the words after her response xD, and I wonder what power that white haired guy has that can repel the "electricity shot?" like that O_O
Dec 8, 2008 4:35 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I had to love when Misaka buzzed all the fleas off of Sphinx, lol. Touma and Index's faces were awesome xD And then when she was cuddling the kitty at the end, right before the battle <3

Really good episode. I thought the pacing went really well this episode. Please, no enormous speeches next ep though...
Dec 8, 2008 5:12 PM

Jul 2008
this episode was ok but next ep is gonna be better :D
Dec 8, 2008 5:34 PM

Nov 2008
SinfulZero said:
this episode was ok but next ep is gonna be better :D

You got that right about next episode although many are used to the gore I am going to spoil the fact that there will be more of it in the next episode as well. That is because the gore of the manga freaked me out in this coming part.

Most likely that is because I am far from seeing things the way the Japanese draw them and so the gore is quite something.
Dec 8, 2008 5:55 PM

Jan 2008
someone make a spinning maid gif NAO
Dec 8, 2008 5:59 PM

May 2008
Best episode so far.

I rather have a show about biribiri than Index.
Dec 8, 2008 6:23 PM

Nov 2006
This was an excellent episode. Much better than the last few.
Dec 8, 2008 7:39 PM

May 2007
What how strange, a rival appears.

Oh well good episode, lot of questions, hope for answers, and another cat.
My anime list
Dec 8, 2008 8:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
yay... officially in the book 3 of the light novels!

3/16...but don't worry! Apparently some of the light novels will probably last one episode or two maximum....

This is going to be a nice arc with Accelerator and the Sisters system....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 8, 2008 10:11 PM

Aug 2008
ChiBuki said:
"This episode was hilarious and more then exciting with the appearance of Misaka", ChiBuki explains in a slightly amused tone.
LOL

skyenix said:
Or one of Touma catching the cans... pretty much the same action repeated half a dozen times, just with different cans. Damn, I need to figure out how to do GIFs myself.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 8, 2008 10:43 PM

Nov 2007
pure awesomeness. i think it is clear that the imouto isn't an imouto and acts like a robot/clone. the only thing that had me confused was wasnt the imouto massively injured at the beginning of the episode and how did she escape from that guy.
Dec 8, 2008 10:55 PM

Jul 2008
some nice character introductions, its hilarious how he he differs the sisters by what pantsu they are wearing xD

Dec 8, 2008 11:21 PM

Oct 2007
Kineta said:
I had to love when Misaka buzzed all the fleas off of Sphinx, lol. Touma and Index's faces were awesome xD And then when she was cuddling the kitty at the end, right before the battle <3

Really good episode. I thought the pacing went really well this episode. Please, no enormous speeches next ep though...

Will be talking next episode but it will actually be interesting! *gasp*
Dec 9, 2008 12:33 AM
Oct 2007
Only one scene of Index >_< BUT
Spinning maid loli going to maid school = Moe
Electrifying fleas and Sphinx fainting after = Win!
Cat naming as "Dog", "... Ieyasu", and "Schrodinger" and MISAKA's laugh = WIN!! XD

Accelerator seems like the type I'll love to hate but will be hard to hate, hmmm.
Dec 9, 2008 2:17 AM

Jul 2008
I found the episode rather boring, maybe I don't feel this anime delivers on the mundane stuff. The new arc looks really interesting though.
Dec 9, 2008 7:01 AM

Feb 2008
I'm liking Mikoto/Misaka or whatever her name was again.
Dec 9, 2008 7:05 AM

Aug 2008
Maid and Accelerator make their appearances! :D
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Dec 9, 2008 7:53 AM

Jul 2007
skyenix said:

I SECOND THE MOTION XD
Dec 9, 2008 4:58 PM

May 2007
Interesting episode.

Damn cliffhanger. This show is definitely notorious for cutting away at the best parts.
Dec 9, 2008 6:26 PM

Aug 2008
Himegami was refering to Harem Visual Novels at minute 13 right? He he he... he he... :P

MISAKA's so moe! She's got one of the cutest character dialogues I'd seen I so far...
Also, a Maid School?? Ahh... just the thought of it... ;)

Touma's got 2 cute roommates in his apartment...
Anyway, slow-paced, but hilarious. I loved this one ^^
Dec 11, 2008 11:49 AM
Mar 2008
Finally more Mikoto, Misaka is awesome too.
Dec 11, 2008 4:38 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty good episode. Misaka names the cat "dog" and goes hehe <3
Dec 13, 2008 12:47 PM

Jan 2008
"Dog"
"Ieyasu"
"Shrödinger"

i was happy to get all the jokes :P

fun episode, i hope we will see more of the electro twins.
Dec 15, 2008 3:50 PM

Feb 2008
Call me weird, but I think Misaka is cute. ^^'

JadeMatrix said:
skyenix said:
Or one of Touma catching the cans... pretty much the same action repeated half a dozen times, just with different cans. Damn, I need to figure out how to do GIFs myself.

Touma catching cans:

Spinning Maika 1:

Spinning Maika 2:
Dec 15, 2008 4:09 PM

Nov 2008
Sa-kun said:
Call me weird, but I think Misaka is cute. ^^'

JadeMatrix said:
skyenix said:

Touma catching cans:

Spinning Maika 1:

Spinning Maika 2:

YES!YES!YES! Thanks for gifs I got all of them saved! :D
Spinning maid=win! For the gifs you made.
Dec 17, 2008 1:06 PM

Feb 2008
What was THAT?

Is this still "To Aru Majutsu no Index"?

The pacing, the action, the animation, the humor, the characters..... everything was just AMAZING! The previous episodes where only half as good imo. *Thumbs up*

ChiBuki said:
"This episode was hilarious and more then exciting with the appearance of Misaka", ChiBuki explains in a slightly amused tone.

"You stole my idea", FTGT says with an envious tone while folding his arms. ;)
Dec 29, 2008 7:01 PM

Mar 2008
Really good episode, revived my interest in the series. Hilarious when she named the cat 'Dog' then giggled XD.
Jan 2, 2009 12:40 AM

May 2008
I found this a bit confusing, but ok. I think its cause I just watched a Chaos;head ep right before this... and the ZnT ova after that, lolz. My brain doesnt know what to think now. Gnight
Jan 2, 2009 8:02 PM
Jun 2008
is it jst me or since touma lost his memories, theres been ALOT more fanservice scenes?
aside from that: YAYY 2 NEW CHARACTERS. well....1 + 1 clone like?
this is getting interesting!!
Jan 3, 2009 3:34 PM

Jun 2008
Woah those sisters are pretty weird.. I hope things get cleared up later. Accelerator is such a bad ass.. @_@
HEY!
Feb 16, 2009 12:55 PM

May 2008
I like the manga version of this episode better.
Also, she didn't say "Is he into this sort of thing" in the manga that I remember.

And cat scene was much better. In this she maintains her Kuudere a little less.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 9, 2009 5:04 AM

Nov 2008
Aww, Misaka is same time inconvenient and cute lol
Oct 5, 2009 6:26 PM

Jul 2009
So that black clothes guy is the strongest lv 5? Accelerator?
Oct 9, 2009 9:02 AM

Jul 2009
Lovely light humorous episode, with plenty of great moments.
The whole cat part and their facial expressions was just hilarious xD

Absolutely love the way Misaka's clone talk and always refers to her self in third person, totemo kawaii (^_^)
Jan 2, 2010 9:02 PM

Jun 2008
"This was actually a very interesting episode, I'm much more interested now. I want to see more of the Accelerator person as well." said Kittenia with hope.
Jan 18, 2010 1:43 PM

Aug 2009
Okay, I wonder who was that guy in the end. He seems to be an enemy in Misaka's eyes. Also, is she really a sister of Mikoto? Wasn't her sister that girl that can teleport? Anyways, nice episode.

The way Misaka speaks really bothers me. I mean, she's like a robot. Why does she speak like that, lol. Also, that guy in the end asked Misaka who was the most powerful lvl 5 esper. Was he talking about Mikoto? or he was talking about himself.

Their faces were just hilarious when Misaka shocked the cat to remove the fleas. Like all of their faces looked like a cat, lmao. I thought she couldn't use electric, fuck.
Apr 19, 2010 1:36 AM

Aug 2008
I lol-ed when MISAKA named the cat as 'Dog' and the way she laughed after that.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 15, 2008

146 by whitebeartigtig »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 4:40 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2008

151 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 3:50 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

157 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 18, 2008

159 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 24, 2:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.