Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2013 8:39 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow @ Sawashiro-san's character @ most part, and the kisses!

It was an intense revolution.
tsubasaloverJan 26, 2013 9:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 27, 2013 3:21 PM
Jan 2010
I've been waiting for this!!!
Great movie with great "shimekata"
The crazy driving scenes were the best.

Moment 1: Shibasaki - "Watch out for that girl. She is shorter than Doujou~" xDD
Moment 2: Tezuka - "You can't have her!!! She's my-!"
The ending had me going, "oohhh~" xDD
Feb 2, 2013 4:36 AM

Jun 2011
Where can I wach this episode?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 9, 2013 12:07 PM

Sep 2009
Hope some group would sub this (
Feb 10, 2013 5:33 PM
Feb 2011
If you know Chinese you can watch it. Not sure why a group doesn't pick up that version and just take out the chinese subs and make there own.
Feb 13, 2013 2:03 PM

Sep 2009
Oh wow. They married in the end 0___0
Feb 13, 2013 7:51 PM
Jul 2012
Jesus christ someone needs to upload an english sub...

PLEASE!
Feb 13, 2013 7:53 PM
Jul 2012
I believe elysium subs is going to try subbing the movie, I'm just not sure when they'll finish doing so.
Feb 13, 2013 9:59 PM

Sep 2009
There are official english subs on BD. They are not bad. Release with them were uploaded yesterday. But you need to switch subs from japaneese to english in settings.
Feb 14, 2013 2:12 PM

Jan 2013
Just watched it today was okay liked the ending. Think I'll watch the main show now.
Feb 14, 2013 7:57 PM
Jan 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:

I was hoping that there are marriage scene showing during the ending credit with the music, but there was none. All we know is that Kasahara was called "Instructor Dojo" at the end. Well it is reasonable enough to think that they are married. Overall good show.
Feb 16, 2013 10:58 PM

Nov 2007
Kasahara... ja nakute Dojo Iku x Dojo Atsushi forever! Two kissu scenes! I am so happy!

I have been so eagerly waiting for this movie for the past half a year and it lived up to my expectations and actually went beyond! This didn't feel like just another movie, but a proper sequel that extended the original TV series and gave more meaning to it. And gave more things to the fans of this wonderful anime to hold on to dearly!

Just as much as I loved the TV series, the movie reminded me again why it is one of my most loved anime! The animation lived up to the Production I.G quality, even the action scenes were done so fantastically, and the music was fitting for each and every segment! Lots of lots of dialogues, yet there were little to none that didn't carry any meaning or were put for the sake of just putting them there!

Everyone from the TV series played one or more major roles in the movie. Added bonus was to see Hikaru and Asako getting together! Hikaru telling his older brother to back off from approaching Asako was reassuring! A glimpse of Marie made me happy too; no wonder Komaki can keep on smiling like that as always! :)

And now coming back to our Iku and her Prince; I seriously cannot get enough of them. One of the most adorable pairs in any anime!

Iku blushing throughout the entire anime sent me wanting-to-hug mode every single time! Dojo maintaining his ever so win attitude as her senior just made it all so more enjoyable as always!

I don't want to say this, yet I just have to; if he really plans on praising her, I hope he always maintains that scary attitude and brings Iku to tears. She is so cute when she is like that! And the gentle pat on her head that follows! I will never get tired of it! That roof top moment! Iku x Atsushi ♥

9/10.
shanimebibFeb 16, 2013 11:02 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2013 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed it. The start was a bit slow, but the main cast was still just as great as I remembered them in the anime series.
Crazy happy that Hikaru and Shibasaki got together.

And all the Iku x Doujou this had nearly made me delirious, they got two kissing scenes, both of them really well done and then it hints (in an obvious way I might add) that they got married. ^_^

The plot alone, was a little bit boring here and there, but it was still well done.
The pacing was good, the music fit, (didn't really like the ending song though.) the voice acting was spot on and the animation was great.
(My only real issue is why the head of the LDF looks just like chief Aramaki from GITS. Weird. >>)

9 out of 10
(despite it's flaws, if you're a fan of the show, it most definitely was almost perfect. ♪)
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Feb 19, 2013 5:54 PM

Apr 2008
Hi guys~ Just finished watching this movie and I love it like the series. ♥♥♥

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone watched the whole 105 mins movie (it's listed here at MAL as 105 mins), the ones I could find on the net are only 102 mins long and was wondering if there is anything significant that happened in those extra 3 mins. like some other movies which have an extra after the credits finished rolling. Thanks!

Feb 20, 2013 2:30 PM
Nov 2008
ALL THOSE EPIC SWEET KISSES ! FINALLY! Waited so long for this ! I simply love Shibasaki-Tezuka and Iku-Dojo .And the movie was great and fun.Loved it.
Mar 19, 2013 1:23 PM

Sep 2012
That was a lot better than the TV series, I'm glad I've watched it.
Mar 21, 2013 6:50 AM

Dec 2008
Impossible to find for the longest time...I almost gave up, yet NAY!! Randomly I put it back on the on hold list and looked on a sight and not only the ova BUT THE MOVIE WAS THERE! And SUBBED,,,well lol BANZAI!!! PROTECT BOOKS. Its fun to learn, CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!! ^~^ Pe@ce
Mar 29, 2013 12:43 AM

Sep 2007
Wish I could watch this with subs :(
Mar 31, 2013 8:57 PM

Apr 2011
Found it with subs, and it was well worth the wait.

A great farewell to the series. The plot was compelling (although a little convoluted) and the romance was stellar. I wish I could've seen a marriage scene or more Shibasaki x Tezuka, but I'm more than satisfied.

9/10
Apr 14, 2013 3:34 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, I liked the kisses and Iku kicking the MBC's asses. At the very end when Iku yelled at the new recruits, I was like, "wow, she's an instructor now!". And then when I hear Doujou-kyoukan...that was a very nice conclusion there. Nice way to show that they inevitably got married.

I really have to get around to reading the rest of the translated novels.

Apr 19, 2013 6:58 PM

Feb 2011
I loved the movie, the characters from the anime were all part of the story, the animation was really well done, the action scenes were great, I really liked when they used sepia on some scenes and when the movie started I was like, wow, so pretty!

And the romance, so many kisses!, that's what I had been waiting since the anime.

The bonus was at the ending, just when the recruits call her Doujou instructor, I had to watch it twice to believe it, some wedding scenes would have been great, but they got married and we know it, that's what matters :D

9/10
Jun 8, 2013 3:24 PM

Aug 2009
OH MY GOSJ!!! THAT PERFECTION OF A MOVIE ; /// ;

ALL THE KISS SCENES <3

AND IN THE END THEY GET MARRIED?! 10/10

wow.. this was nostalgic ; - ;

animes today arnt this good anymore ; __ ;
Jun 24, 2013 1:27 AM

Feb 2013
Things I didn't like:
How tame and unrealistic the battles were.

Besides that I loved this movie (+the series). The romance developed at a pleasing pace and the issue of censorship was very interesting. I know it should end here but I wish the get a second season or another movie at least.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jul 12, 2013 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, this movie sure isn't very popular....

Anyways, intense start in the beginning from what I can see. Decent OP song!
>It's not a date!

Ha, to me it is.

I feel like the movie could help with a lot more action rather than dialogues and drama. I also thought there was supposed to be a love triangle or sorts from the first half after that 'date' walk. Second half got intense I guess. Oh boy, Dojo is injured again....

^I didn't expect this. Nice. (two of them too!)

Well, the movie was okay I guess, somewhat satisfactory but also not masterpiece worthy or excellence. 6/10.
Jul 31, 2013 4:34 PM

Jun 2012
That was very satisfying, the series ended a bit too abruptly but this an amazing follow up. I feel sorry for the fans of the tv series that had to wait 4 years for this movie.

The art and animation was far superior in the movie, as expected. I love how they fleshed out the romance while still keeping the action a vital part of the movie. And those kisses constantly kept my dick twitching. That ending was solid too. We see that the MBC practically lost and that both Kasahara and Dojo were promoted. Figuring out they got married was just icing on the cake.

9/10
Feb 26, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2009
Hahahaha when he mentions "caviar in front of monkeys" and then bashes her for choosing a story based on the characters and not the plot I can't help but feel he might just be referencing the series itself. I doubt that is the case but it would be hilarious if the author was admitting his own "parody-ish" plot right there.

And it would seem that they were married at the end ^_^ . . . Love that subtle way of putting it in with "Dojo - Kyoukan" and you see Kasahara standing there. Would say that I definitely enjoyed the ending to this series.
Mar 16, 2014 10:43 PM

Jun 2009
Kyaaaahhhh! The kisses! XD Love the scenes! Love this couple a lot! So kawaii~! XD

It's been ages since I last saw the series.. and to watch this finally, I'm happy to see a very nice conclusion! They're together~! X3 Banzai! I didn't know that Library war had a movie if I didn't look into the anime movies in my anime streaming site.. I'm so grateful for myself that I did something otaku-like! hahaha!
Jul 7, 2014 5:14 PM

May 2012
Finally found the movie! And that was really nice. The chase was so thrilling and of course the romantic development. Nice bonus too to know that they got married! Nice movie overall! Too bad it was really hard to find.
Jul 24, 2014 2:44 AM

Apr 2014
The best part of the movie was when Kasahara squealed over "gap moe"... Bwahaha.

Otherwise, the movie was a bit weak for someone who just marathoned the series. It info-dumps series information rather unnaturally, if a bit necessarily for those unaware of the original source or anime. Though it's a bit crap when the direction of a TV series is much better than one for a movie.

Better second half than the first, at least. And I can be grateful that the ending was much better than the one for the main series. :)
Sep 3, 2014 4:45 PM

Dec 2013
Great ending, showing that they eventually get married. The story was packed with action, drama, guns and romance. The romance was also perfect with a great (married) ending :) Now I just wish they would license this series so I can buy it!

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Sep 10, 2014 8:08 AM

Jul 2014
Found this movie accidentally, didn't expect it to be a lovey dovey story about Dojo and Iku lol but this is very adorable <3

Aside from the main premise (library war) that is pretty meh for me, I really enjoyed this movie <3 Dojo-san why you're so handsome/slap

Guess I'll watch the original series then
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Nov 4, 2014 11:08 AM
Oct 2013
It was okay. But this is from someone who has read the first three novels and the majority of the fourth - the translator is taking an extended vacation from them :( Plus I am also reading the manga. Both of which in my opinion are far superior to both this movie and the series. I understand that movie/tv adaptions can only get do so much with time limits and all, but I still don't think it was as good as it could had been.

All in all, overlooking my preference to the light novels and manga it was still entertaining. The Dojo-Kasahara parts were sweet. The action was mild at best, but decent. The story...well I have to admit full blown legal battles with guns and killings between two departments of the same government never really struct me as being believable. Plus I cannot help but feel that there are some people in the world who do get negatively influenced with the material they read in books. So I guess I have some sympathy/understandings towards the censorship (the bad guys of the story) - no I do not agree with how they enforce their views. Anyways, over looking that, the story dragged a little at points, but it flowed well enough to hold my attention.
rtfireflyNov 13, 2014 2:17 PM
Dec 10, 2014 5:26 AM

Jul 2014
Great movie! I thoroughly enjoyed the series (it wasn't perfect and I had a few complaints but it was still very much enjoyable!) and I was glad there was a movie..!

There were a lot of thrilling parts which I liked, and another big plus I got from it was the development between Doujou and Kasahara. I was a bit bummed with how the series ended with regards to their relationship (it was hardly enough!) so I'm glad they made their relationship clearer in the movie.

That ending... I'm glad they got married! So cute~ <3
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 26, 2015 6:46 AM

Aug 2014
It was good for me.
Dem kisses not only from Dojo x Kasahara but Tezuka(younger) x Shibasaki too,

Dojo and Kasahara got married. (hell yeah)
but.. Why they don't show the marriage at least a bit..
Oct 20, 2015 11:31 PM
Jul 2013
WAHHHH!! I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!

Romance! Comedy! Action! and oh so many feels!

Such a good sequel!

Best part......

*SPOILER*

They get married! Kyaaa! I love how she becomes an instructor haha I wish I got to see the wedding and a kid, but I was very satisfied!! <3
Nov 5, 2015 8:25 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Krissirk said:
Things I didn't like:
How tame and unrealistic the battles were.

Besides that I loved this movie (+the series). The romance developed at a pleasing pace and the issue of censorship was very interesting. I know it should end here but I wish the get a second season or another movie at least.

In the show, there are laws in place to prevent mindless killing. The goal is to disarm and to prevent people from continuing to resist, not to kill.

It's not really shown in the movie, but in the series, they use reduced caliber bullets, and the LDF got bad publicity after people from the MBC were killed in a skirmish.

So, they're not really tame, just restricted with what they can do...

Unrealistic, though? Why, yes they are. Such as when they all piled onto that inflated fish and fell down... Though that was pretty funny, actually. XD

Jul 5, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Omg, so they did get married?? I came here to ask that because they called her Instructor Dojo. OMGGGGG I'M SO HAPPY
Jul 28, 2016 7:36 PM

Aug 2012
Honestly I feel like I just saw a fanfiction come to life.

The ending was so satisfying... but maybe, a bit more on the shibasaki-tezuka (hikaru) ship!
Sep 25, 2018 6:57 AM

Mar 2016
This ended up being worse than the TV series. Characters I didn't like became even more obnoxious, the meaninglessness and contradictions about the LDF became even more apparent, and again the romance was bland and boring. Disappointing.
Dec 8, 2019 8:03 AM

Oct 2012
That Hino nightmare, it's just a massacre
Nightmare is much more better
Massacre for censorship, this isn't China :P

Awwww, the ending.. it's lovely <3
She's Doujou Iku now

Finally a romance anime that actually shows an actual kiss.. and it's more than once

Shame it's so short only 12 episodes + 1 movie
I love the concept of fighting censorships, kinda ironic though since Japan have a lot of censorship
Well at least it's better than China's xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 31, 2019 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
that was a good damn sequel..she became the dojo at the end hmmm
Mar 28, 2020 3:07 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing movie. By the way, does anyone know why at the very end when Iku confessed to Doujou, he didn't want her to say stuff about him being a prince? Was confused at that part.
Apr 23, 2020 5:57 PM

Dec 2009
Politics in general are boring to me since I barely have any care for them, including this story where it was indifferent to me for the most part.

Once more, Asako's outside involvement to aid her crew and her romantic interest to Hikaru feels out of place from the lack of depth. I don't know how concrete it is in the novels but in the anime, it's adapted in a way that I don't really care or believe in her behavior since it's somewhat incomprehensible.
Satoshi felt obnoxious and as useless as ever. The other girl who was once saved by Atsushi also felt useless to the story for the most part.

Regardless, I only watched this anime for the romance and even though it's surprising that they weren't dating after they've worked together for 3 years, the care of love and safety for each other of Iku x Atsushi is beautifully sweet and pleasing to watch.
While their characters aren't the best, for who they are in Iku being a sensitive yet insecure and determined at times but always passionate, while Atsushi who like her isn't always candid, but strict and overprotective in worry, their bond and her feelings towards him is adorable.
Beautiful kissing scenes as well, I wish they showed a little more of an epilogue but hearing her last name changed to his as they're married was satisfying nonetheless.
Decent but very pleasing romance. 6/10.
waalex11Apr 23, 2020 6:22 PM
Nov 23, 2020 9:50 AM

Apr 2020
Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Hikaru and Shibasaki finally got together AND Iku and Atsushi got married at the end! Does this mean the movie takes place at the very end of the series?
Feb 3, 2021 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
One of my favorite anime movies I've seen from a pre-existing anime franchise (not counting movie-only franchise like a Kara no Kyoukai). Had the best content surrounding its censorship themes for the long run, and the romance and character elements were fantastic too, especially between Kasuhara and Dojo. So many good things to love about it, and I'm glad I gave this show a rewatch.

Anime I'd go a 8.75 (could be higher if some episodes had better pacing while focusing on its themes0, Movie is a 9.5 (10 for the MAL entry). Such a good franchise, that I probably enjoy more than most people. I'll definitely check out the novels and manga soon for this franchise.
May 3, 2021 11:15 AM

May 2020
Wow,this is a ride. The idea about protecting the author and the author himself having a character development is so good.

Though i kinda dissapointed with him at the end. Bro, be creative. What you are going to write about is basically a documentation. Well at least his voice is funny. Really sounds like that Tori Drive-in owner from Zombieland Saga.
Oh yeah,the Shibasaki and Tezuka kiss scene was so funny to me XD

The whole Thing in Osaka somehow remind me of Bollywood movie. Maybe because there's a lot of action. So in the end they're married. What a nice way to end it :)
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Sep 29, 2022 7:27 PM

Jun 2009
Love this anime, finally have time to go back and watch this SP
Jun 3, 2023 6:45 PM

Feb 2017
They got married my heart has melted help! I have to read the manga now!

The action scenes were really fun!

I loved how Shibasaki grabbed Tezuka's hand after calling him a coward.
Floral_soapJun 3, 2023 6:49 PM

More topics from this board

» Novel vs Anime

waalex11 - Apr 23, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Apr 23, 2020 7:56 PM

» Do you have to have seen the series to be able to understand this?

Riptos - Feb 18, 2013

5 by quercifolia »»
Nov 5, 2015 8:19 AM

» New Details Release

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2012

4 by Kage »»
Dec 27, 2012 6:10 PM

» Movie Promo

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2012

10 by Bshasha »»
Oct 7, 2012 2:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.