Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Well, I found the sensei pretty chill this episode. Dat snow. Kinda cute seeing Nanami and Kanda this episode. Anyways, I'm also glad that Jin is a bit more serious but...poor Misaki ;.;

5/5. I'm glad Mashiro and Sorata also made up. Mashiro was cute this episode as usual :p

Jan 14, 2013 8:21 AM

May 2009
And they make up

Mod Edit: One screenshot per post.
LunaJan 20, 2013 11:36 AM
Jan 14, 2013 8:43 AM

Nov 2007
Seiyuu girl sings the OP! "I call your name again", and it was nice!

Trying to make up by Baumkuchen? What sempai girl said is so deep. lol @ the guy's reaction seeing seiyuu girl. There were lots of determinations and broken hearts in the ep.
tsubasaloverJan 14, 2013 8:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 14, 2013 9:20 AM

Jan 2008
Liking the direction the story and characters are heading in.
The change from cool to clingy for Mashiro is a positive in my books.

Don't know why it caught my attention so much but for some reason the transition from the final scene to the ending song was real good.
Jan 14, 2013 9:23 AM

May 2011
Aw, this episode was so heartwarming. Mashiro was so cute!

This just keeps getting better and better with each episode, I hope it stays that way. c:
VokocaJan 15, 2013 3:20 AM
Jan 14, 2013 9:50 AM

Jun 2009
I thinks this anime has many forced drama scenes... (the story itself not really bad, but I just can't stand forced drama)
Jan 14, 2013 11:05 AM

May 2009
IZUMI64 said:
I thinks this anime has many forced drama scenes... (the story itself not really bad, but I just can't stand forced drama)

Seriously fuck off with that buzzword.
Jan 14, 2013 11:22 AM

Jul 2010
Lots of cute scenes of the girls. I figured Sorata would make up with Mashiro although Sorata is starting to irritate me. He shouldn't get mad at every single thing and take it out on Mashiro.

Poor Misaki. Hell, she even went up to Jin completely naked too.
Jan 14, 2013 11:30 AM
Oct 2012
this episode was...ohmyfrick...it's perfect 5/5

the feels man....
okay let's makes some thtings clear, the animation this episode was HIGH really high, from better and more detailed designs to the background movement and effects
same goes to the sound this week

the episode open with a monologue of each character that i found pretty neat and manami sings the OP theme

now onto the actual story, mashiro is still pretty damn confused about her feelings for sorata and is having a really hard time, but things are not easy for sorata either, he is getting upset with mashiro all the time. mashiro tries to apologise in her way, she gives those sweets to sorata whenever she has the chance.

manami is planing her date, with sempai's help and sempai is getting read for her battle with gin at sakurasou....

sensei has a nice chat with sorata showing that she really is the adult of the show

the prmissed day finally comes

sorata takes mashiro to the party and goes meet up with manami

the other jin x sempai part was wayy too perfect kudos to the seiyuu that makes sempai in this scene, i could feel the emotion in her voice

manami is having a nice date with sorata, and damn she was cute...sorata's reaction was priceless too

now the highlight of the episode, man seriously the FEELS in that last scene, when i saw this
leonardo123123Jan 14, 2013 11:35 AM
Jan 14, 2013 12:40 PM

Oct 2012
wow, Bastek66 was right last episode when he said it was going to be fun as hell. loved it! Like seriously, that was amazing. The animation was great too
AnimeHAwk616Jan 14, 2013 3:49 PM
Jan 14, 2013 2:33 PM

Aug 2011
Oh god. This show has me fucking drowning in feels. I teared up. Why are all these characters so precious aksdfjasld kfasdfasdf. This episode was just so perfect.

Misaki D': Jin why. Although I understand what he means. I guess he's not satisfied with himself yet. But still. Don't reject her like that.

I've got no complaints for Sorata x Mashiro this episode. I literally teared up. I can't even. I don't. I swear this show.
Jan 14, 2013 6:32 PM

Sep 2012
Knowing what will happen soon after... well... Sorata and Mashiro were always meant for each other... so... Poor Nanami... *sigh*

Anyway~~~! it's always fun to see Ryuunosuke, Rita, Maid-chan love triangle comedy xD oh that christmas pic of Rita :3 Nanami looked pretty pretty in this ep too ^^ and well Misaki is *umm*... as awesome as ever?? Jin should just accept her already zzz

p/s nice OP singing Nanami! :) and the ED animation is still very awkward ._.

I wonder what's happening next ep??? expecting to see Yuuko-chan! it's been sooooooooooo long! T.T ah... me and my sis-con... ><
Jan 14, 2013 6:52 PM

Jun 2012
I liked the structure of this episode alot especially in the first half with everyone's thoughts connecting but the second half's melodrama seemed uninspired. What I mean was when Sorata got the call Mashiro was missing there just happened to be an ambulance passing by. Even though it didn't last long not even for a whole scene, it still came off that way to me. I can understand Sorata though because there was one time I was watching someone and she ran away similar to Shiina.

As for Jin and Misaki, I think what Jin meant when he said he can't care for her the way he is now is that Jin doesn't feel he can support Misaki if they ever started dating. Overall a good episode and I liked everyone coming to terms with their stages in life
Jan 14, 2013 7:04 PM
Sep 2008
Bastek you were right! This episode was so awesome!
Oh! Mashiro is so cute!
Jan 14, 2013 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
I really like how this episode showed each character's thoughts in the beginning and the middle of the episode. Mashiro is like a little kid, going outside and waiting for Sorata with Baumkuchen; so pure and innocent. Glad that Sorata and Mashiro made up. :)
I lol'd so hard when Aoyama tapped on Sorata's shoulder and his voiced changed from gloomy to super-surprised.

I felt pretty bad for Aoyama. She really loves Sorata but she knows she stands no chance and she stood there seeing the whole thing. Misaki getting rejected was pretty sad too.
Such a perfect episode. Loved the animation and music.
Jan 14, 2013 7:20 PM

Oct 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:

As for Jin and Misaki, I think what Jin meant when he said he can't care for her the way he is now is that Jin doesn't feel he can support Misaki if they ever started dating. Overall a good episode and I liked everyone coming to terms with their stages in life
I thought what he meant was that he knows his womanizing thing is a problem, and right now it's beyond his control. So he's worried he might hurt the girl he truly loves in the process. Misaki said she wanted him to hurt her, and not approach her so gently which goes against what Jin wants, because she's been in the dark for so long. Basically meaning she's willing to except anything Jin does to her as long they can establish their relationship, but Jin can't do that. Jin stated "the way i am now", which probably indicates his current self will not be able to care for her. he's broken up with all his other girlfriends, which probably means he's trying to change himself to meet misaki's standards. He also states "just keep being the girl I love" which might mean he's telling her to be patient, and wait how things turn out. I wasn't too sure about what he meant by saying he didn't want to be someone she loves to her, but just someone. I think he meant that because she is in love with him, she is blinded by her own desires, so she might not see the potential dangers, and just act upon her love, which Jin worries about in her if they were to establish a relationship. I think that's what he meant, but tbh, I'm not too sure what goes on in his head.
AnimeHAwk616Jan 14, 2013 7:30 PM
Jan 14, 2013 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
That ambulance got me goosebumps, worried if something bad happened to Shiina.
Yep, got teared up a lil' bit. Loved the OP , anyone knows the song?
So Nanami prolly confess to Sorata if she'll pass. :))

IZUMI64 said:

I DON'T THINK SO :/
Jan 14, 2013 7:32 PM

Jun 2011
I'm starting to like new Shiina (with emotions)

Highlight for Nanami

The depressing Misaki

Nanami still acts strong even hearing Sorata's conversation (aka confession) with Shiina. >_<
ShihJan 14, 2013 7:39 PM
Jan 14, 2013 7:34 PM
Jul 2012
Ok episode.
At the end, It is good decision By Jin to not be girlfriend.
Good that Sorta handle the issues to Shinna. Thought it will be terrible when Mashrio in the ambulance.
Sakrousoku will be closed at new years day. It will be suck for them.
3/5

EDIT still don't care for Nainami
LegendGoldDarkJan 14, 2013 7:38 PM
Jan 14, 2013 7:36 PM

Aug 2011
HOLY SHIT.
Where to start......

Basically love is in the air or something like that.
Sorata is not the generic character I thought he would be ever since the first episode, which is cool. Really made me mad how oblivious Sorata was towards Nanami, but hey what can you do about it? I loved Aoyama in this episode, but we all know Sorata and Mashiro are the "canon" couple here. Jin and Misaki just got serious.

Also sexy Rita Christmas picture anyone? <3
Jan 14, 2013 7:44 PM

Jan 2011
Why are the girls so great in this show and the men so clueless? I'll bet Jin didn't even give her the ring. I'll include Ryuunosuke in this, since Rita is in such hot pursuit and he'd rather watch his maid-bot argue with her than answer the skype call. As for Sorata.....words fail me...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 14, 2013 7:47 PM

Jan 2012
Idk why but i don't like the show as much as I did at first. Some off the drama is meh tbh especially between jin and Misaki, it seems too fake.

As for the drama between shina, sorata, and nanami its ok I guess. Sorata does often act like like an ass. Why can't we ever have a chill main character who takes what life throws at him and doesn't bitch about it?

Sorata is still just a kid who throws his frustrations at others not a good partner in a relationship imo.

All in all I came to see a rom/com but there's a bit too much drama sometimes for my taste.
huehue93Jan 14, 2013 8:00 PM
Jan 14, 2013 7:48 PM
Sep 2012
It's a month late, but it's still a good Christmas episode. Shiina and Nanami looked so cute in their dresses. Sorata is still a clueless ass, but at least he lightened up a lot after being told of by the dorm manager. It's amazing how Sorata is an utter retard when it comes to women as Kirito from SAO.
Jan 14, 2013 7:48 PM
Oct 2010
nanami ;_____;

fuckkk this ep was win. from that santa pic from rita to jealous maid-tan

sorata x mashiro hnggg. poor nanami :'(

and misaki too. right in the feelz. want to hug
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 14, 2013 7:49 PM

Mar 2011
I'm rooting for Nanami, but Shiina has shown a whole new side too.

Plus the extra drama with Jin and Misaki makes my heart drop.

All these feels.
Jan 14, 2013 7:50 PM

Oct 2012
Lost interest in Sorata he's boring and easy to predict

Still like the other's though
Jan 14, 2013 7:54 PM

Jan 2012
rodac said:
Why are the girls so great in this show and the men so clueless? I'll bet Jin didn't even give her the ring. I'll include Ryuunosuke in this, since Rita is in such hot pursuit and he'd rather watch his maid-bot argue with her than answer the skype call. As for Sorata.....words fail me...

I agree with this totally. The men in this show don't act like men, with thousands of unnecessary issues they involve themselves in. The women characters are excellent with lots of personality.

The men are just lame, Sorata is just a generic guy with anger issues who doesn't deserve what he has and Jin is another generic guy who is a playboy and makes up excuses.
huehue93Jan 14, 2013 7:59 PM
Jan 14, 2013 7:54 PM

Oct 2010
love Aoyoma but felt really bad for her towards the end :( she was extra cute this episode <3 and mashiro was amazingly cute/beautiful, god damnit she made me shed some tears.
I'll never say "I understand what you're going through"
Jan 14, 2013 8:03 PM
Dec 2012
Mashiro is dangerous for Sorata. She inspires him, but she makes troubles and he can't concentrate on his work. Poor Aoyama, she can't even enjoy romance with him who takes care of Mashiro.
Jan 14, 2013 8:08 PM

Sep 2012
Good ep. I kind of feel bad for Aoyama but she handled it nicely. Poor Misaki :(
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Jan 14, 2013 8:08 PM

Mar 2012
I can't imagine being in Nanami's shoes. Oh God my heart.
Jan 14, 2013 8:13 PM
Dec 2011
man im so pissed! why doesn't aoyama just say ittttttttttttttt...He doesn't even need to be with shinna he just takes care of her WTF
Jan 14, 2013 8:32 PM

Jun 2010
I thought that Mashiro was going to walk into Sakurasou while Misaki was doing all that...

Jan 14, 2013 8:35 PM

Oct 2011
This anime just never ceases to impress me. The drama was nicely executed and developed, beyond my expectations. I've always thought of Mashiro as a rather uninteresting heroine due to her clueless nature, however this episode shed some new light to her character that I may have previously ignored. She might be clumsy and ignorant in areas outside painting/drawing manga, but she's clearly much more sensitive than her appearance suggests. I was truly moved by her actions to reconcile with Sorata. Nothing short of an amazing episode, if this keeps up I will likely end up giving it a 9/10.

Easily a 5/5 episode.

Jan 14, 2013 8:42 PM

Jan 2012
Come on man, don't yell at her so much :/

Jan 14, 2013 8:48 PM
Mar 2011
NervousWreck said:
man im so pissed! why doesn't aoyama just say ittttttttttttttt...He doesn't even need to be with shinna he just takes care of her WTF

exactly, sorata acts like a father to mashiro
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jan 14, 2013 8:59 PM

May 2009
amginex said:

Fathers don't
Jan 14, 2013 9:01 PM

Dec 2012
im gonna put this on hold until it finshes meh...
i hope he fails again.
Jan 14, 2013 9:02 PM

Sep 2012
Oh gosh, I feel so bad for Aoyama. She's trying so hard, and Shiina isn't trying as much as her. Really wish Aoyama wins this battle.
Jan 14, 2013 9:06 PM

Feb 2008
bastek66 said:
amginex said:

Fathers don't

Like you said, that happens in the 8th LN, the Anime hasn't caught up to that yet, so how does your comment even remotely apply here?
I agree with other people's views on Sorata, he's so boring and predictable. The typical male who is super oblivious to his surroundings. But overall it's still a pretty good show so far.
Jan 14, 2013 9:07 PM
Sep 2012
SORATA X MASHIRO OTP

Take that Aoyama.
Jan 14, 2013 9:11 PM

Nov 2007
I really don't understand why Jin keeps on hurting Misaki. He is a sore loser if you asked me, giving in to his inferiority complex and hurting Misaki like that.

As for Sorata, I wish someone could go and kick his arse. He continued to be rude to Shiina for his own lack of talent. What a loser. He made up a bit with that hug in the episode but what he did throughout the episode really pissed me off.

Sorata and Jin are really annoying. The only real man in the anime is Ryuunosuke and he just can't stand being close to females. God bless this anime.

If it weren't for the female characters in the anime, I would have dropped this show right off the bat.

Now to the good part:

Mashiro looked so beautiful in that dress. But seriously. Every time she opens her mouth I want to give her a hug! She has been trying her best to make Sorata happy (while he was being a complete jerk, too).

Nanami was cute in the episode too. She looked really refined and pretty in her date attire. She confessed to that idiot Sorata, halfway though. And the way she accepted Sorata making up with Mashiro shows that she has a kind heart, too.

As for Misaki, I felt really bad for her. She probably doesn't know what to do anymore. Coming back to where she had started over and over again (she mentioned a hundred time already!) was unthinkable.

I have no idea what the wonderful girls in the anime see in those two jackass guys.

5/5 for the episode overall.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 14, 2013 9:26 PM
Jan 2013
Lol omg.. This episode was so intense.

One time I was pro Nanami/Sorata and another time i was like "YEAH BTCH GO CHASE AFTER SHIINA."

I feel bad for both of them T.T so hard to choose between either.
Jan 14, 2013 9:42 PM

Sep 2011
God damn why does shiina have to be so damn cute all the time.
Jan 14, 2013 10:04 PM
Nov 2012
why Sorata doesnt aplogize to Shiina for what he had done? I hate Sorata
Jan 14, 2013 10:16 PM
Oct 2010
*facepalm*... There goes the idiot trio. One that is impossibly oblivious, one that could not seize the day if her life depended on it and one that cannot identify but the most basic emotions...

On that last one, I guess it serves as a reminder of the series' title, but was that degree of "petification" necessary?... And BTW, seems like Sorata still believes that she shouldn't change, that she should remain a "wondrous pet". Meaning also that he still doesn't feel he should apologize. But it also seems like all will work out despite his dangerous foolishness...

Sometimes I think the anime has a well thought message and sometimes I think that is just a delusion.

AnimeHAwk616 said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

I thought what he meant was that he knows his womanizing thing is a problem, and right now it's beyond his control. So he's worried he might hurt the girl he truly loves in the process. Misaki said she wanted him to hurt her, and not approach her so gently which goes against what Jin wants, because she's been in the dark for so long. Basically meaning she's willing to except anything Jin does to her as long they can establish their relationship, but Jin can't do that. Jin stated "the way i am now", which probably indicates his current self will not be able to care for her. he's broken up with all his other girlfriends, which probably means he's trying to change himself to meet misaki's standards. He also states "just keep being the girl I love" which might mean he's telling her to be patient, and wait how things turn out. I wasn't too sure about what he meant by saying he didn't want to be someone she loves to her, but just someone . I think he meant that because she is in love with him, she is blinded by her own desires, so she might not see the potential dangers, and just act upon her love, which Jin worries about in her if they were to establish a relationship. I think that's what he meant, but tbh, I'm not too sure what goes on in his head.
Here is what I think. But first allow me to subtly correct that he didn't say he wants her to see him as just someone but as someone.

The way I interpret his words is that if he accepted her right away, she would only see him as just her boyfriend. He first wants to find his way and become a "successful" person (successful being relative, according to his own perception), probably so that he doesn't feel inferior to her anymore. He wants her so see him as someone capable. He wants her to respect him in addition to loving him.

If it is that way, then the situation is very common in real life, but with the genders switched. There are plenty of women who want to be seen are more than just a girlfriend/wife by their partners. Then again, most people with those feelings try to work that out while in the relationship, instead of pausing it till the issue is resolved. I guess Jin's ego might be just too sore for him to handle that path.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 14, 2013 10:22 PM

Apr 2008
"Hard work always pays off"

As an pessimist, this anime...proves absolutely nothing to me.

SWALLOW SADNESS
Jan 14, 2013 10:40 PM

Jan 2011
My Aoyama episode ! :C ruined but i'm okay with this because shiina is on a different level of greatness

really had some Toradora flashbacks with everyone narrating
Jan 14, 2013 10:44 PM

Dec 2010
Nice episode. Shiina looked amazing. So did Aoyama even though I generally dislike her.

I hate the cheesy ending where he opens the letter and gets another chance. Everything else was good - especially the emotional scenes.

OP and ED were nice too.

Jan 14, 2013 10:49 PM

Oct 2011
FK Shiina is so moe.

Sorata clueless? Sure but he a man and man are clueless when it comes to emotion lol. I mean thank for for character developement.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.