MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Claymore Episode 26 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Claymore »» Claymore Episode 26 Discussion

Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Claymore Episode 26 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

158 29.04%
4 out of 5: Liked it

113 20.77%
3 out of 5: It was OK

107 19.67%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

82 15.07%
1 out of 5: Hated it

84 15.44%
Voters: 544

09-26-07, 12:01 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

And so Clamemore ends.

I'm sorry, why did they divert from the manga to make this kind of open ending again...?
Since I wasn't expecting anything from this it wasn't so bad... lol... who am I kidding..
The way Clare overcome Priscilla was so... lame... there's really no other word to describe it. The way Priscilla submitted afterwards was possibly even more...
For a moment there I though Raki was gonna die, but it wasn't to be. Instead died Jean, who should have been dead for ~3 episodes.

Claymore seems like a re-edition of Death Note. Only this time, the drop in quality was even worse. It will probably end with a score of 7/10 (good). And the sole reason for that are the first ~17 episodes.
Modified by Kayrhandros, 09-26-07, 12:06 AM

09-26-07, 9:27 AM
Anime Moderator
I enjoyed Claymore a lot. Awesome designs when it comes to surroundings and Awakened Beings, an interesting story line and very good music. The ending was fine with me and I wouldn't mind seeing more of this sometime in the future. I've been looking forward to every new episode and wasn't disappointed. 10/10

[edit]: Just checked my notes on each episode again and I think I'll rate it a 9 after all, doesn't change the fact that it was awesome.
Modified by cyruz, 09-26-07, 10:04 AM

09-26-07, 9:38 AM

yeah, it wasn't as bad as Kayrhandros puts it. i would have liked to see more about the dude of the north though, whatever his name was. the claymores set off to kill the guy and all he does is stand by and watch?

09-26-07, 9:57 AM

The ending kinda leads us to a Season 2 / more Manga (with the anime ending bla bla bla). Hope it does...

For the non-manga readers like me the Final was awesome. Ok Clare owned Priscilla pretty fast unfortunatly ... And she didnt even kill her. Besides that i liked it... Drama!!! (i laughed all the time). I will give it a 9/10... If the ending was better i would even consider giving the 10... But i trully hate open endings without having sure there will be another season. Beside that, the corporation is pretty darky (we dont have much info) and Clare turned into a super Hero.

If the anime where only the last episodes it would get a 5 a 4 or even a 3... Going for manga now.
Modified by Static, 09-26-07, 10:07 AM

09-26-07, 10:07 AM

Static said:
The ending kinda leads us to a Season 2 / more Manga (with the anime ending bla bla bla). Hope it does...

I Certainly do not want a second season with this shitty ending.
And so it started as one of the best shows and so it ends as a horrible failure. I am still way supporting this ending;

That way they could at least have followed the manga until the end..
Claymore went from a 10/10 to a 7/10 in the end. I really hated that ohshitshewasn'tfullyawakened Priscilla, I mean she was so awsome from the start and still is in the manga(if not even more after the extra chapter with Priscilla meeting Easley).

09-26-07, 10:11 AM

Static said:
For the non-manga readers like me the Final was awesome.

Yeah... speak for yourself. I didn't read the manga, and I hated this ending. Claymore went from being one my most anticipated series around halfway through to an attitude of "let's just get this over with" near the end.

I thought a lot of the episode was cheesey, and I'm usually a sap for these kinds of things. And I love how Easley could have just slewn them all, but he didn't feel like it for some reason, so they all live and the anime ends.

I had hoped for more out of this series, but I ended up sorely disapointed.

09-26-07, 10:13 AM

Static said:
Going for manga now.

Good idea, start a bit before the peita arc. :)

Sobzob said:

Claymore went from a 10/10 to a 7/10 in the end. I really hated that ohshitshewasn'tfullyawakened Priscilla, I mean she was so awsome from the start and still is in the manga(if not even more after the extra chapter with Priscilla meeting Easley).

Agree'd Priscilla looked stupid as hell.

09-26-07, 10:26 AM

29 said:
yeah, it wasn't as bad as Kayrhandros puts it
Oh, but it was 29...

I'm not really expecting to change anyone's opinion here but maybe I can "open some eyes"

For starters, not only me, not only the manga readers have pointed out how bad it was. Even the group fansubbing it, Eclipse, said so. Alow me to quote them:
Every once in a while, working on an episode can become really really painful...
This is one of these cases. Final episode of Claymore.
I wonder why..

Secondly, and I forgot to mention this on my first post. I gotta say how much I loved the dialogue on the first ~5mins. Allow me another quote
Clare: Korosu!... Korosu! Korosu!!
Priscilla: Urusanai!...*insert random phrase here*... Urusanai. Urusanai. Urusanai!
Clare: Korosu!
Priscilla: Urusanai, Urusanai!

*repeat*
Epic.

Thirdly, and I've mentioned this one before. Priscilla is one of the most powerful awakened beings, in the anime. Yet she seemed to have a hard time with a "not-even-fully-awakened Clare". But at some point, she dominates Clare easily, and says "I'm going to kill you" or something along those lines. Then, she throws her up and sends some "self-made blades" which don't kill Clare yet. Instead she falls, passing in front of Priscilla, who again says "I'll kill you". During the fall Clare thinks of Teresa once again, like she did an uncountable amount of times in the last 3 episodes. The difference this time is that she mysteriously gains a huge amount of power and surprises Priscilla. Who was hardly bothered with Clare at all until that moment. She even manages to lose her wings and get cut up badly.
Cliche much?. Or maybe lame is a better word to describe it.

Also, the numerous plot wholes this ending gave:
And look 29 already found one.
29 said:
i would have liked to see more about the dude of the north though, whatever his name was. the claymores set off to kill the guy and all he does is stand by and watch?
-Yes, and why would the organization lose half it's battle force if Isley/Easley (that's his name), didn't have other more dangerous intentions than just watching his troops and claymores go at it. Oh, I know he was just upset about Pieta. Coz it was an ugly city so it needed be destroyed... Fact is there was a real reason for the attack on Pieta. In the manga that is...

More to it:
-The Claymore's sent to the massacre did not get revenge against the organization.
-Also, the Organization was nothing more than a plot device, while in the manga it's one of the most important aspects of the plot.
-Raki was nothing more than a plot device. And became one of the most despicable characters I have memory of. While in the manga, that does not happen.

I'm not even gonna point more or I'll never finish this.
I'll just ask again. Why did they go for the original ending if they weren't going to settle things?

Ps: one more memorable moment of how Claymore's animation dropped. Even though in this episode it wasn't so bad.

Anyway, For the skeptics about the manga... I you don't wanna take the opinions of every manga reader, I suggest you see it with your own eyes.
Modified by Kayrhandros, 09-26-07, 2:04 PM

09-26-07, 10:46 AM

The end. Wasn't as bad as it could have been, wasn't as epic as it could have been. Let's just call it an "average" ending, to go along with the last two episodes which were completely butchered.

And for the record, I'm a fan of the death note anime ending, I thought it was rather good. (Not epic or anything, but good). Needed an epilogue though.
Modified by asandari, 09-26-07, 10:57 AM

09-26-07, 10:50 AM

Sobzob said:
Static said:
I Certainly do not want a second season with this shitty ending.
And so it started as one of the best shows and so it ends as a horrible failure. I am still way supporting this ending;
Claymore went from a 10/10 to a 7/10 in the end.
My thoughts exactly.
Sobzob said:
I really hated that ohshitshewasn'tfullyawakened Priscilla, I mean she was so awsome from the start and still is in the manga(if not even more after the extra chapter with Priscilla meeting Easley).
Indeed, not only did they manage to make of Raki a useless character, but they also managed to completely destroy everything that made Priscilla great.

09-26-07, 11:26 AM

7/10. aint gonna comment on this damn episode.

09-26-07, 11:53 AM

JEANE RUINED EVERYTHING.

matdavhans said:
I thought a lot of the episode was cheesey, and I'm usually a sap for these kinds of things. And I love how Easley could have just slewn them all, but he didn't feel like it for some reason, so they all live and the anime ends.

I had hoped for more out of this series, but I ended up sorely disapointed.

It was outrageously cheesy, and not even enjoyably.

"Let's live on!" *SMILE*
"Together!" *SMILE*
"Oh, the sun came out!" *SMILE*

You're fucking killer-women! All your buddies just got slaughtered! Stop smiling!

Even after the last episode I was still liking Claymore, still looking forward the the finale and hopeful that the ending would be satisfactory. Total let-down.

After how long it took Rigardo to die, I at least expected a really good show down at the end. Maybe they found themselves short on time, I dunno. But it's no excuse.

Lame, lame, lame.

09-26-07, 11:54 AM

....meh is just about all I have to say.

Going to go and get the manga I think...

09-26-07, 12:24 PM

mmmh... i guess you are right, Kayrhandros. the whole "syndicate" thing has been left without explanation. and true, the ending was cheesy too...

09-26-07, 12:27 PM
Anime Moderator
29 said:
mmmh... i guess you are right, Kayrhandros. the whole "syndicate" thing has been left without explanation. and true, the ending was cheesy too...

Yeah, that's the only thing I would have liked to know more about.

09-26-07, 1:21 PM

That ending was really lame...they all went off and lived happily ever after. But then again it was to be expected because the last couple of episodes was crappy too. This is getting a 7/10 at most.

09-26-07, 1:41 PM

Meh. I love the drop in quality. Oh yes.

Claymore will still be one of my favorite anime, mainly because of Clare and Teresa, but....meh, even I'm dissappointed. >.<

Guess I'll have to go start reading the manga and see how much more kick ass it is than the anime. ^_^

Felli disapproves of this thread.

09-26-07, 2:14 PM

I just came home from the base and watched EP 20-26. And it made me cry.
I initially rated Claymore 10, now the score says 7.
Need I say more?
Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

09-26-07, 2:18 PM

Even being a manga reader, i enjoyed this last episode. I thought the ending was fine. Nothing great but passable.

09-26-07, 2:40 PM

Claymore got a 6 from me, 1-20 is an easy 9 but the drop was too much

I really hope some1 got fired...i could accept a horrible ending (*looks at elfen lied*) when they need to quickly finish of a series but to keep it this open ended... horrible!

Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices