Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Four-panel Manga 'Kiniro Mosaic' Announced

New
Dec 18, 2012 5:00 AM

Feb 2008
According to Manga Time Kirara Max magazine, four-panel manga "Kiniro Mosaic" was announced to get a TV anime adaptation. Details of the TV anime will be revealed in the next issue of the magazine.

Source: Cover of Kirara Max

News credit: [profile=symbv]symbv[/profile]

Kiniro Mosaic on MAL
myanimelistllcMar 26, 2016 7:44 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 18, 2012 5:05 AM

Sep 2012
Again one of my favorite 4-koma slice-of-life manga is getting an anime adaptation!! I am so pleased !! My hope is it will be as good (and sell as well) as A-Channel.
symbvDec 18, 2012 5:18 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 18, 2012 5:15 AM

Apr 2009
Oh my god, the engrish and misrepresentation of Britain is going to be amazing.
Dec 18, 2012 5:18 AM

Dec 2009
Such cute girls, I believe I did try reading the manga a while ago, but I don't like 4-panel stuff. But I'll probably check the adaptation.
Dec 18, 2012 5:51 AM

Oct 2009
It's Looks like Harem than Shounen according to the Cover

pff , PTW anyway
Dec 18, 2012 5:58 AM
Jul 2012
MRIQ said:

pff , PTW anyway

harem? wtf they're all girls :/

and

Amarrez said:

;(
Dec 18, 2012 5:58 AM

Jun 2009
I will probably watch this. :)
Dec 18, 2012 6:06 AM

Nov 2007
This looks interesting.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 18, 2012 6:10 AM

Sep 2008
Looks like all the series advertised in Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb anime are getting anime adaptations. First Yuyushiki, now this, Hitsugi Katsugi no Kuro next?
Dec 18, 2012 6:37 AM
Sep 2012
I'm still hoping for a Usagi desu ka? adaptation. But this is fine too.
Dec 18, 2012 7:48 AM

Feb 2012
If it's a 5-min short...
Dec 18, 2012 7:53 AM

Feb 2012
Looks interesting, going to check it out for sure.
Dec 18, 2012 7:59 AM

Nov 2008
The premise is based off British characters trying to live in Japan? I suppose I am going to follow it by default, even if it turns out to be crap, which it probably will. I won't mind it if it is fun crap, but if it is boring, then it is a different story

Those cute designs help as well.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Dec 18, 2012 8:09 AM

Nov 2009
I don't really like 4-koma, but THAT LITTLE CUTIE WITH THE TWINTAILS. HNNNNNNG. She's so freaking cute I just wanna take her home.

I probably won't end up watching it though, especially if it ends up being a short.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Dec 18, 2012 8:33 AM

Dec 2012
I'm confident about aya the twintail girl's cuteness. I can't wait for!!!!
Dec 18, 2012 8:36 AM
Apr 2009
i will watch it

In4b Hoppy
Isn't she great she can turn off and on that Japanese crap like a annoying sister at a japanese restaurant.
Dec 18, 2012 9:53 AM

Oct 2009
JavierR said:
MRIQ said:

pff , PTW anyway

harem? wtf they're all girls :/

oh sorry , I thought there was a Boy in the Middle , oooooh, Remover for my PTW
Dec 18, 2012 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
freezeheart said:
i will watch it

In4b Hoppy

A mix of foreign and Japanese girls, reminds me somewhat of how Sister Princess was like. I'll add this for Spring or Summer season whichever season it airs. Although I doubt they'll keep the not too foreign trope in unlike that series, so I'm expecting Gratuitous English.

Dec 18, 2012 12:59 PM

Jul 2012
Amarrez said:

This is going to be hilarious
I can't wait till this is released xD

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 18, 2012 1:04 PM

Mar 2008
yay anime adaption

i had hoped for one

Dec 18, 2012 2:08 PM

Jan 2012
I started reading this awhile ago
It's great xD
Dec 18, 2012 2:58 PM

Feb 2010
Sounds potentially worth watching. A Gaijin theme is always fun, and cute engrish-speaking girls is among my favorite moe-elements.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 18, 2012 5:55 PM
Sep 2012
Looks interesting. Hope it's good.
Dec 18, 2012 6:34 PM
Jul 2008
Thanks to nutbladder for sticking this title in my head. Anyway, if it's a 4-koma, I'm definitely watching. I hope it's not flash animation though.
Dec 18, 2012 11:39 PM

Aug 2011
Oh boy. More generic all girl moeshit/loli nonsense. Probably with yuri undertones to boost sales.

Predictable.
Dec 18, 2012 11:58 PM

Apr 2009
Another lame one to be animated.
Dec 19, 2012 12:06 AM

Jul 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Oh boy. More generic all girl moeshit/loli nonsense. Probably with yuri undertones to boost sales.

Predictable.

^this X 100, especially the yuri undertones

Dec 19, 2012 12:38 AM

Apr 2009
In what sad and pathetic universe is having yuri undertones a bad thing? I welcome it.
Dec 19, 2012 3:48 AM

Sep 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Yeah, all slice-of-life anime is generic and is nonsense to you, right? Just show how intolerant of you about this genre. Nothing else. Predictable.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 19, 2012 4:20 AM

Jan 2010
symbv said:
DraconisMarch said:
Yeah, all slice-of-life anime is generic and is nonsense to you, right? Just show how intolerant of you about this genre. Nothing else. Predictable.

You have to admit. There have been a whole freaking lot of shows with cute girls doing cute things and not much else. They lack substance and depth and exist for pretty much the sole purpose of making the audience "d'awww."

That being said, I don't think it's wrong that people like them or that they exist. I feel like as long as an anime entertains and one is able to recognize it's flaws and still enjoy it, then it's fine. However, it can be frustrating when so much of what you see getting made is anime about moe lolis, when you would much prefer to see something more along your own tastes. I mean, I would like to see more shoujo anime get adapted. It all comes down to tastes.
Do you know Oyashiro-sama?
Dec 19, 2012 4:37 AM

Sep 2012
-KamioRika- said:
You have to admit. There have been a whole freaking lot of shows with cute girls doing cute things and not much else. They lack substance and depth and exist for pretty much the sole purpose of making the audience "d'awww."
Actually I would say people should mention examples of why they think there are indeed MANY "shows with cute girls doing cute things and not much else" - I would say that it is more often people choose to wear their prejudice on their eyes instead of really trying to see why quite many fans in Japan are able to tell one from another apart and do not necessarily love all of them to the same extent. To them why they like one more than another could well be because of the substance and depth they are seeing -- it may be not the "substance and depth" many fans in the west seek, but it is the substance for the fans of the genre. It is just too easy for the haters and detractors to quickly dismiss the fans of this genre with a disdainful wave of hand without even trying to understand what the fans of the genre look for in this genre and why some titles may be more successful than the others. Since they never want to pay much attention to understand why the genre holds its appeal (besides the summery dismissal of "moeblob", and such action is actually what lacks in substance and depth to me) they always see there are too many shows they don't like and thus the conclusion that there are too many shows of its kind.
symbvDec 19, 2012 5:49 AM

Dec 19, 2012 11:56 AM

May 2012
No point arguing about moe when the 2 MAL Knights in defense of moe extolling its "nobleness" appear at the minimum comment of anyone fed up with it or that does not like it, telling you you dont know not know what moe is and or you must be a foreigner and is beyond your understanding :)

symbv said:
..... without even trying to understand what the fans of the genre look for in this genre and why some titles may be more successful than the others. Since they never want to pay much attention to understand why the genre holds its appeal...

Yes, surely we dont understand whats the appeal of moe, dont know what it is, we dont kknow what you moe fans find appealking of them right!?

jmal said:
Hara Yui art? Absolutely watching, their art is incredibly cute and I hope that carries over to the anime.

Liinah said:
Such cute girls, I believe I did try reading the manga a while ago, but I don't like 4-panel stuff. But I'll probably check the adaptation.

FOE-tan said:

Those cute designs help as well .

Amutofan123 said:
I don't really like 4-koma, but THAT LITTLE CUTIE WITH THE TWINTAILS. HNNNNNNG. She's so freaking cute I just wanna take her home. ....

eliskip said:

jmal said:

We can only hope. I can't get enough of cute girls speaking English badly. Kud alone only goes so far and that's about all we have at present.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Sounds potentially worth watching. A Gaijin theme is always fun, and cute engrish-speaking girls is among my favorite moe-elements.

And they dare take offense when someone says moe in its current form ---- leaving out all those theories or what it represented in years past----says it comes down to cute girls doing lots of cute things when you get the common denominator between them all:

And yes, moe fans aint easy to please for sure in their own tastes, the "substance and depth" comes down to what series shows the most cuteness and pandering, the best animation too, the best moe chara designs, not forgetting the "anything kyonai" "substance" too.

If you look at it moe is like the typical man (moe fan) in the look for the cutest - prettiest girl, then girls (moe series) in the hunt for the one that spend the most money on them, if said girl treats him well, give him enough pandering, the man will surely spends lots of money on her than he does in other with less "substance and depth".

Not that bad, save for when said man will only want those kind of girls, or will pay enough attention only to them, just rarely looking back at other girls but never reaching to them, and then said kind of girls becoming the kind any man its most likely to encounter.
9988Dec 19, 2012 12:01 PM
Dec 19, 2012 12:02 PM

Sep 2012
9988 said:
No point arguing about moe when the 2 MAL Knights in defense of moe extolling its "nobleness" appear at the minimum comment of anyone fed up with it or that does not like it, telling you you dont know not know what moe is and or you must be a foreigner and is beyond your understanding :)

symbv said:
..... without even trying to understand what the fans of the genre look for in this genre and why some titles may be more successful than the others. Since they never want to pay much attention to understand why the genre holds its appeal...

Yes, surely we dont understand whats the appeal of moe, dont know what it is, we dont kknow what you moe fans find appealking of them right!?

jmal said:
Hara Yui art? Absolutely watching, their art is incredibly cute and I hope that carries over to the anime.

Liinah said:

FOE-tan said:

Amutofan123 said:
I don't really like 4-koma, but THAT LITTLE CUTIE WITH THE TWINTAILS. HNNNNNNG. She's so freaking cute I just wanna take her home. ....

eliskip said:

jmal said:

We can only hope. I can't get enough of cute girls speaking English badly. Kud alone only goes so far and that's about all we have at present.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:

And they dare take offense when someone says moe in its current form ---- leaving out all those theories or what it represented in years past----says it comes down to cute girls doing lots of cute things when you get the common denominator between them all:

And yes, moe fans aint easy to please for sure in their own tastes, the "substance and depth" comes down to what series shows the most cuteness and pandering, the best animation too, the best moe chara designs, not forgetting the "anything kyonai" "substance" too.

If you look at it moe is like the typical man (moe fan) in the look for the cutest - prettiest girl, then girls (moe series) in the hunt for the one that spend the most money on them, if said girl treats him well, give him enough pandering, the man will surely spends lots of money on her than he does in other with less "substance and depth".

Not that bad, save for when said man will only want those kind of girls, or will pay enough attention only to them, just rarely looking back at other girls but never reaching to them, and then said kind of girls becoming the kind any man its most likely to encounter.

Damn straight.
Dec 19, 2012 12:42 PM

Jan 2010
9988 said:

symbv said:

jmal said:

Liinah said:

FOE-tan said:

Amutofan123 said:

eliskip said:

jmal said:

Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Pretty much what you said.
Dec 19, 2012 1:09 PM

Nov 2008
So much moe hate, really, moe is not the cancer that's killing anime or leading to it's downfall. If it was, then it wouldn't sell.

Dec 19, 2012 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
I also don't get the moe hate. :/ I understand why people don't like it (I don't like it much myself), but why go on every thread and express your hatred for it? Simply ignoring it has always worked just fine for me. Let the people who enjoy it, well... enjoy it!
Dec 19, 2012 2:01 PM

Jan 2010
Hoppy said:
So much moe hate, really, moe is not the cancer that's killing anime or leading to it's downfall. If it was, then it wouldn't sell.

Wanna know what else sells? Twilight. And Twilight is shit.

Not that I'm trying to say all moe anime is shit (you get shit anime in every genre), but sales don't necessarily indicate the quality of something.
Dec 19, 2012 2:42 PM

Aug 2011
-KamioRika- said:
Hoppy said:

Not that I'm trying to say all moe anime is shit (you get shit anime in every genre), but sales don't necessarily indicate the quality of something.

Where exactly did he say all moe is quality? He simply said it sells, big difference.
Dec 19, 2012 3:01 PM

Oct 2012
How about everyone stop arguing and be happy and love each other? :D

No? Okay.
Dec 19, 2012 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
mitch3315 said:
-KamioRika- said:
Hoppy said:

Where exactly did he say all moe is quality? He simply said it sells, big difference.

You... have a point. It felt implied though, to me at least. My fault! :< Sorry!
Dec 20, 2012 4:15 AM
Jun 2009
I expect to here some Engrish. I hope it won't be boring.
Dec 20, 2012 4:51 AM

Apr 2011
Another 4koma huh...I hope it's not like Kill me baby. lol.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Dec 20, 2012 8:50 AM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:

Cigarettes sell.

Just saying...
Dec 20, 2012 10:11 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
SetsukoHara said:
Cigarettes sell.
Just saying...

Contrary to what some may think, anime of any kind has never inflicted grave bodily harm on someone purely through the act of its consumption.

Some people are dumb. I'm glad I've never met someone thinking like that.
Dec 20, 2012 10:27 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
SetsukoHara said:
Some people are dumb. I'm glad I've never met someone thinking like that.

Perhaps it's best not to use the faulty metaphors such people would rely on then.

Yeah! I'll pay attention because some people jump to conclusions too quickly.
Dec 20, 2012 4:03 PM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
SetsukoHara said:
Yeah! I'll pay attention because some people jump to conclusions too quickly.
This is a cute little word game and all I suppose, but I think you understand well what I'm getting at: extreme hyperbole (comparing animated television shows to the dire health effects of smoking) really hurts the usefulness of metaphor. There, I openly stated the obvious premise here, and ruined the game. Sorry.

Meh... not cool!
Dec 21, 2012 2:49 PM

Dec 2010
OMFG

Power of friendshiP??!?

I"M SO IN.
Mar 29, 2013 8:58 PM

Sep 2012
New PV:

The cast for all the 5 main characters are announced too:

Tanaka Manami
Nishi Asuka
Touyama Nao
Taneda Risa
Uchiyama Yumi

They will also sing the OP and the ED of the anime.

Mar 29, 2013 9:45 PM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
New PV:

The cast for all the 5 main characters are announced too:

Tanaka Manami
Nishi Asuka
Touyama Nao
Taneda Risa
Uchiyama Yumi

They will also sing the OP and the ED of the anime.

Nice find, not familiar with the voice cast though, so it should be interesting.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
20 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.