Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 17, 2012 4:09 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
One of Fukuda's manga getting anime. The pair getting invited for being judge.

That new megane guy is voiced by KajiKaji!! (Edit: I almost forgot about this newbie editor!! Fufu... it's getting more interesting.)

Ex-salaryman mangaka "dating" Aoki, (LOL~) and the trap! The hint is where the one shots having the same place? Him vs. the editor. She accepted his feeling?

Introducing of the the pair's fan that becoming the most annoying enemy of theirs ever in the future?
tsubasaloverNov 17, 2012 4:25 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 17, 2012 2:17 PM

Jul 2010
Loved Kazuya and Kouji this episode. Congrats to Kazuya for having Yuriko accept his feelings.
Nov 18, 2012 11:43 PM
Jun 2010
Does this mean the repetitive Hiramaru-Aoki gags are finally over? (I am crossing my fingers. While we're at it, can we also just completely forget about the pair? Of all the badly-written romance in Bakuman, their arc is the worst. Aoki has become such an embarrassingly empty character.)
Nov 19, 2012 2:49 AM

Jul 2011
guava said:
Does this mean the repetitive Hiramaru-Aoki gags are finally over? (I am crossing my fingers. While we're at it, can we also just completely forget about the pair? Of all the badly-written romance in Bakuman, their arc is the worst. Aoki has become such an embarrassingly empty character.)

Agree. I liked her at starting when she was more aggressive but now she has become such an empty character.
Nov 19, 2012 7:00 AM
May 2012
upcoming arc will be interesting,
i forgot that shinjitsu no kyoushitsu was a manga in bakuman, and i wondered where i read something like that before...
Nov 20, 2012 10:43 AM

Feb 2010
Still awaiting subs.... u_u
Hopefully episode 7 is subbed soon.
Love this show.
Nov 20, 2012 12:16 PM
Nov 20, 2012 12:42 PM

Apr 2011
Some other group better ninja the project and sub it
Nov 20, 2012 5:16 PM

Aug 2011
Don't worry about the BB_Subs thing. Sage is subbing it, but as always they're late with Bakuman (I think they're trying to find a typesetter or something). Anyone who watched Bakuman 2 airing would be used to this.
Nov 20, 2012 6:48 PM

Feb 2010
itsvero said:
Don't worry about the BB_Subs thing. Sage is subbing it, but as always they're late with Bakuman (I think they're trying to find a typesetter or something). Anyone who watched Bakuman 2 airing would be used to this.

Exactly. I'm sick of seeing the BB_subs thing... I didn't even know who they were anyways...

Here's the latest update from [Sage]: Posted November 18

"Bakuman news: Our typesetter is without internet for at least three days and I can’t find a replacement. So either we wait for him, or we release without signs. Not sure what to do…
If you are a typesetter and want to do Bakuman, please contact me!"

So yeah.. hopefully tomorrow...
Nov 21, 2012 4:38 PM

Apr 2009
This was my favourite episode.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Nov 21, 2012 4:38 PM

Apr 2009
YES! YES! YES! HIRAMARU EPISODE!!!!!! This was so awesome, even better than the manga! AYE FOR HIRAMARU x AOKI!

Sorry about that, but through this entire sequence my face turned into a banana so big that I could feed the entire Africa.

But Nanamine will get an appearance next week... the most hated arc of the manga starts. Hopefully they won't drag it too much.
Nov 21, 2012 5:33 PM

Dec 2010
Seems a huge arc is coming up, can't wait for it XD
Nov 21, 2012 5:45 PM

Jan 2012
omg i haven't laughed this hard at an episode of anything in a long time. Hiramaru is my favorite character is bakuman:D
Nov 21, 2012 6:52 PM

Jan 2011
Well, buying a car just so you can go on a date is certainly demonstating how serious you are about things. Hiramaru was pretty much a boss in this episode and Aoki seemed suitably impressed.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 21, 2012 7:02 PM

Jul 2010
Finally, Ichigo admits that he can never top One Piece... jk.

That aside, I actually like the Hiramaru x Aoki pairing. Although it's VERY cliché and was obviously intended for gags, it's a more straightforward one and it has that "shounen" aura, compared to Mashiro x Azuki. Nothing beats Iwase's love woes though ;-)
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Nov 21, 2012 7:27 PM

Dec 2009
I like how they scream about dating a girl while ignoring she stands next to them.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 21, 2012 7:46 PM
Oct 2012
guava said:

That's the worst arc? Not even.

Nov 21, 2012 7:47 PM

Apr 2008
That was a pretty ridiculous episode. I did have some fun with it, but I do echo the disappointment over Aoki's development. She was incredibly passive through this whole thing and really just feels more like a plot device than a person. I can't connect who she started out as to who she is now at all.
Nov 21, 2012 8:14 PM

Oct 2008
Hiramaru is definitely epic, I laughed the entire episode, probably my fav cap in the whole series so far.
Nov 21, 2012 8:41 PM

Jun 2009
Oh Hiramaru, your actions made me shed tears of laughter. I haven't had this much fun with an episode in quite a while, even though the actual development was kind of 'meh'.

I really haaaaate the next arc, I really hope they rush it tbh :/

Also I feel really sad that apparently no one is giving a damn about Bakuman anymore, the episode was up on freaking saturday and until today the subs were released... Come on, it's a really cool series, I don't get what's wrong with people who doesn't like it :C
Nov 21, 2012 9:15 PM

Jul 2009
no matter how lame this was theoretically, i cant help but find it sweet/a bit romantic. imagine him telling his kids how he got married.
Nov 21, 2012 9:16 PM

Nov 2008
Nice Hiramaru~
Aaand Nanamine arc beginning in next episode...
Nov 21, 2012 10:41 PM

Mar 2012
Hiramaru's moment to shine! XD That episode was quite amusing!
Nov 21, 2012 11:14 PM

Apr 2007
Great Hiramaru episode, however...."Classroom of truth" now thats an interesting name
Nov 21, 2012 11:14 PM
Oct 2011
My Aoki x Fukuda feels T^T

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Nov 21, 2012 11:42 PM

Oct 2011
WOW WOW WOW!
I DID NOT EVEN SHIP THIS AND NOW I DO! (previously fukudaXaoki shipper)
SUCH A GREAT EPISODE IWAS LITERALY CHEERING FOR HIRAMARU!
YAY!!!!
Nov 21, 2012 11:43 PM

May 2012
don't find any of hiramarun aoki's parts lame

and this next arc is great imo, it is not bad

i definitely felt hatred towards the antagonist of the arc but that was him doing his role well. and now i respect him as the most insane antagonist in regards to $$
Nov 21, 2012 11:55 PM

Jun 2012
Nice side story of progressing Aoki and Hiramaru's relationship : D He's so funny with his work ethic and just the little quirks. I found it amusing how Aoki was picking up on all the things he was doing and knew what he was going to say before he was. I really hope there's a 4th season or a movie or something after this because there's another moment similar to this but even funnier.

The Nanamine Tooru arc finally starts next episode! Please fansubs try not to be 4 days late this time : P
Nov 22, 2012 12:58 AM

May 2010
well that was fun Hiramaru-Aoki finally dated
Nov 22, 2012 3:24 AM

Mar 2011
Hiramaru.... good job....^_^
Nov 22, 2012 4:09 AM

Apr 2008
Agreeing with both sides here, I laughed my ass of this whole episode, Hiramaru is a great character ! But it is indeed a shame concerning Aiko's character development, way too passive and ''empty'' lately as some people said ;) Still 5/5 for me though
Nov 22, 2012 4:20 AM

Jun 2009
Congratulation HIRAMARU LOL!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2012 4:52 AM
Nov 2008
I have to disagree with Aoki being 'passive'. She liked Hiramaru. Hiramaru also gave her an unorthodox date where she felt like a heroine. That is important to her. She is still super strong willed, but I also think she has a lot of respect/interest in Hiramaru's work.

It was Hiramaru who was being passive this entire time. He finally took charge. Women like guys who take charge. I think that is what cemented her like for him. That is my 2 cents if that matters.
Nov 22, 2012 6:32 AM

Jun 2010
Here comes the annoying kid. Argh.
Nov 22, 2012 7:03 AM

May 2008
Here comes the classroom of truth , the arc after this is what im waiting for .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 22, 2012 7:09 AM

Feb 2010
Good Episode it was really funny, Hiramaru's the man XD. Nanamine's Arc is next
Nov 22, 2012 7:36 AM
Nov 2010
aiNkyy said:
guava said:

Agree. I liked her at starting when she was more aggressive but now she has become such an empty character.

I disliked Aoki in the 1st season as she just appeared to be a frustrated, annoying character. I started to love the character in the 2nd season as she was evolving and I though it was a nice character development. The comparison with Iwase was nice to as it was showing us how much the character had evolved.

But I really dislike what they are doing with her character in the 3rd season. It like if they had stored it in a closet. I mean I don't dislike that she end up going out with Hiramaru but but in that relation we only see Hiramaru's side and it's hard to understand how she come to accepts Hiramaru's feeling or develops feeling for him.
Since she always had a cold attitude toward Hiramaru, this sudden change make things hard to believe. I think it would have been better to elaborate a bit more how she came to changed her feeling towards him.
Nov 22, 2012 8:52 AM

Oct 2007
Come on, this is comedy and not part of some serious romantic drama series. The real drama comes from the manga making, which is also the main focus of the series.

Great episode, Hiramaru is definitely one of the best characters. But the last few episodes seem somewhat rushed, which is strange considering the slow pace of the first season. At this pace they might be able to finish the adaption with this season, at the expense of the quality of the storytelling.

Oh, and the next arc is one of the best arcs in the entire manga in my opinion.
Nov 22, 2012 9:27 AM
Oct 2011
I was waiting for this episode for a long time now, not as great as in the manga, but they did adapt it really well, I lmao at some scenes.

And now off to Nanamine next week, I'm wondering who's gonna voice him.
Nov 22, 2012 10:20 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
Sakujo said:
Come on, this is comedy and not part of some serious romantic drama series. The real drama comes from the manga making, which is also the main focus of the series.

Great episode, Hiramaru is definitely one of the best characters. But the last few episodes seem somewhat rushed, which is strange considering the slow pace of the first season. At this pace they might be able to finish the adaption with this season, at the expense of the quality of the storytelling.

Oh, and the next arc is one of the best arcs in the entire manga in my opinion.

Agreed.^
So what if it's hard to believe or cliche, this is a shounen anime not a serious romantic drama. I don't understand why are people complaining about this episode.^^

One of my 2 favourite episodes in this series. And the only episode I really liked in the 3rd season. Hiramaru is the man, LOL. I was cheering for him the whole episode, I'm glad he wasn't rejected.

I don't dislike that she end up going out with Hiramaru but but in that relation we only see Hiramaru's side and it's hard to understand how she come to accepts Hiramaru's feeling or develops feeling for him.
Since she always had a cold attitude toward Hiramaru, this sudden change make things hard to believe.

The guy bought a car only for 1 day and then ditched it, saying "I was able to drive with Aoki-san. It was worth it." Man how can a woman not fall in love with him after those words? (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Nov 22, 2012 12:40 PM
Nov 2010
Sakujo said:

hmmm... maybe you are right. It is true that the duo Hiramaru and his editor is part of the comedy aspect of the show ( and I live their interaction ) but the parts with Aoki were always a bit more serious and dramatic ( like the part Aoki/Nakai ) so maybe I find it a bit odd to see Aoki associated with the comic aspect of the show
Nov 22, 2012 2:03 PM

Feb 2012
Hiramaru was the bro in this episode, glad that Aoki didn't rejected him.

Great episode.
Nov 22, 2012 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
haha very funny ep i was laughing the whole time :)

i hope the next ep is subbed faster, the wait was killin me ;p
Nov 22, 2012 5:47 PM

Jul 2010
lol I loved this episode!!! XD I lost it when I saw his reaction due to her acceptance. Good for him.
Nov 23, 2012 12:53 AM

Jan 2009
Great episode, Hiramaru really deserved it after all the work he has done.

And of course Kosugi had to be voiced by Kaji Yuki, he just loves these kind of roles doesn't he?
Nov 23, 2012 6:11 AM

Jan 2012
Hiramaru scored and Fukuda got a anime. Nice episode, indeed.
Nov 23, 2012 8:20 AM

Jul 2009
I loved this part in the manga and it was even funnier here. Hiramaru and Yoshida are brilliant xD
Nov 23, 2012 11:27 AM

Nov 2010
I actually got tired of seeing Hiramaru being 'bullied'. It's not funny anymore. I love this episode! He finally got what he deserves :D

and to the kid that submitted the Classroom of Truth entry. He looks like one of the protagonist in PCP. You just need to tweak his glasses and bangs a bit xD
Nov 23, 2012 9:21 PM

Sep 2012
Possibly my most favorite episode of the season yet.
Who couldn't help but get emotional for Hiramaru this episode?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2012

58 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 28, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.