Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2012 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Nice fight. That guy is pretty damn fast imo, or maybe it's something else. I was rooting for Medaka-chan this entire episode especially when she started using Unzen's super balls.

But damn, that Kurokami Phantom ability was sick. What a boss.

A lot of nice action in this episode. Intense!

Oct 31, 2012 10:11 AM

Jul 2010
Medaka's Kurokami Phantom is wicked but it sure drains a ton of energy.
Oct 31, 2012 2:49 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah Medaka's Phantom was crazy. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 31, 2012 4:21 PM
Jul 2012
I stand by my previous thought, Medaka is too overpowered for me to enjoy her fights. She always wins so what's the point in watching?

Besides which....I read the manga so I know how the fights will play out.

Zenkichi vs Kei will be a much better fight.
Oct 31, 2012 8:52 PM

Oct 2012
Encounter said:
I stand by my previous thought, Medaka is too overpowered for me to enjoy her fights. She always wins so what's the point in watching?

Really? I actually enjoyed this particular medaka fight, because it was one of the few fights that were believable and actually had Medaka being pushed back and beaten badly. (In contrast with most of her other fights which have her bulldoze through her opponents like they were made of cheap paper)
Nov 1, 2012 6:55 AM
Jul 2012
kdog1000 said:
Encounter said:

Really? I actually enjoyed this particular medaka fight, because it was one of the few fights that were believable and actually had Medaka being pushed back and beaten badly. (In contrast with most of her other fights which have her bulldoze through her opponents like they were made of cheap paper)

Maybe it's just because I've read the manga and I've seen the more pronounced form of what Medaka is capable of. Because of it, just about any fight seems more interesting and believable than one with Medaka in it.

As time passes you'll see just how overpowered she is, it's why I can't enjoy her fights. As powerful as Goku was in DBZ, even his fights were more interesting because they actually showed a physical struggle to get to where he needed to be. The fact is, nothing that Medaka goes through will last. Her shtick is always overcoming her obstacles, but with almost no effort behind it.

Where's the fun in a hero who wins 24/7, and doesn't know what it means to try hard but fail.

It's Boring
EncounterNov 1, 2012 7:05 AM
Nov 2, 2012 12:01 AM

Aug 2010
I lol'd when she did her phantom move because it reminds of the times when the sound goes out of sync with the video when it isn't intentional. That is always very annoying.
Nov 2, 2012 12:33 AM

Dec 2010
Enjoyable episode and the fight was good but...

Encounter said:
Nov 2, 2012 12:44 AM

Aug 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:

Encounter said:

+1
Nov 2, 2012 1:14 AM

May 2011
This episode is full of action, I like it!

SO next time is against the most wanted man, this should be fun.
Nov 2, 2012 2:44 AM

Jan 2009
im very satisfied on how it was animated, well done Gainax!!!
Nov 2, 2012 4:02 AM
Jan 2012
AMAZING, I enjoyed this fight way more in the anime then I did in the manga. Gainax is doing a great job so far.

The next fight should be awesome, Zenkichi always has the best fights.
RickRoss-SamaNov 2, 2012 4:06 AM
Nov 2, 2012 4:45 AM
Jan 2011
Medaka Phantom? Man this girls gotta lot of super abilities.
Nov 2, 2012 4:46 AM

Jul 2012
I wonder peoples who watch raw anime, do they rewatch when the sub come out? Since Medaka box is a heavy dialogue anime, and all the fun come from there.
Nov 2, 2012 5:06 AM
Jun 2008
we had medaka cena vs a person is auto pilot jet can't be touch?

well give from medaka phantom, to bare foot medaka unleash, showing quick flashback showing auto pilot jet guy past include survive car crash but not his family.

to lead fist to fist end up medaka cena having auto pilot jet's head kick in & now next level to face a mass murder person.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Nov 2, 2012 5:12 AM

Oct 2012
That Kurokami Phantom was hot. I skipped back to it a few times.
Nov 2, 2012 8:00 AM

Aug 2007
I really enjoyed Medaka's battle in this episode.
Nov 2, 2012 10:26 AM

Dec 2011
Cool battle. I really can't wait for the next episode. I can't wait to see Zenkichi vs Kei fight!
Nov 2, 2012 10:39 AM

Dec 2009
Remove shoes.

Become god.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 2, 2012 11:53 AM

Apr 2010
Great victory for Medaka, I liked her opponent.
Nov 2, 2012 12:19 PM
Mar 2011
awesome fight, but the next one is japan's most wanted for mass murder?

"....i am the villain in this story"
Nov 2, 2012 1:51 PM
May 2011
Great Adaptation. They flashed for a bit Takachiho's past, but it wasn't that interesting, so it's ok. They have to do the next one better though, or it's going to be a great loss.

Looking Forward to Zenkichi vs. Munakata and to
Rating things is overrated.
Nov 2, 2012 2:55 PM
Sep 2012
Awesome fight. Although it does bring up the question of how many abilities does Medeka have? She's like a god among men. If the spoilers are any indication of where this is headed, there are a couple of good fights ahead.
Nov 2, 2012 2:59 PM

Sep 2012
I guess abnormals are bunch of sad people.. that poor dude just want someone to touch him.. I guess it makes sense.. ==

I love the fighting though! can't wait til next episode :)
Nov 2, 2012 4:16 PM

Jul 2008
AiCon said:
Awesome fight. Although it does bring up the question of how many abilities does Medeka have? She's like a god among men. If the spoilers are any indication of where this is headed, there are a couple of good fights ahead.

I can answer that "how many abilities does Medaka have" if you want.

I'm very pleased with this episode. I thought it'd be much worst than that but I actually enjoyed it.
Now if they can animate the whole manga with that quality, I'll be a very happy man.
Nov 2, 2012 4:24 PM

Nov 2011
-Crys said:
Looking Forward to Zenkichi vs. Munakata and to

Me too :) The Zenkichi vs. Munakata was one of my fav from the flask plan ones
Nov 2, 2012 5:16 PM

Jul 2009
Encounter said:

Blahblahblah...
It's Boring

At least she seems to have met her match this time around.
And if you're so unhappy, there's an X on the top right of each screen (or red dot on the top left if you're a Mac user).
Nov 2, 2012 5:20 PM

May 2010
Sick episode, usually watching someone turn op is boring, but someone that is OP from the start is way more fun to watch.

Yeah we have mass murder here no biggie O.O
Nov 2, 2012 5:21 PM

May 2010
Kurogashi said:
Encounter said:

Blahblahblah...
It's Boring

At least she seems to have met her match this time around.
And if you're so unhappy, there's an X on the top right of each screen (or red dot on the top left if you're a Mac user).
lol
Nov 2, 2012 5:56 PM

Feb 2010
The fight was really good and Medaka using her skills was nice.
Nov 2, 2012 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
Barion-Zara said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Encounter said:

+1
^
though i do enjoy Medaka's fight mainly because there so flashy and over the top i still like underdog fights better :).
Nov 2, 2012 9:44 PM
Nov 2012
For those of us that have not read the manga. WOULD YOU ALL STOP DOING THAT SHIT.
SPOILERS SPOLIER everywhere and your not even tagging them. Stop teasing the rest of us it's getting annoying. And yes I did create an account just to say that.
Nov 3, 2012 1:45 AM

Sep 2012
Woa. The Kurokami Phantom was so well done !
Next episode Munataka ! Yeah !
Nov 3, 2012 7:24 AM

Jan 2008
cokerpilot said:
For those of us that have not read the manga. WOULD YOU ALL STOP DOING THAT SHIT.
SPOILERS SPOLIER everywhere and your not even tagging them. Stop teasing the rest of us it's getting annoying. And yes I did create an account just to say that.

Quick skim and I didn't see any. This episode is for the discussion of the episode, so whatever happened this episode isn't a spoiler. If you entered this thread on your own accord without watching the episode, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Anyways, this was a pretty fun episode. Normally you'd hate this much discussion in the middle of a fight in anime but I can say I enjoy them in this series. Can't wait for the next fight, I'd say it was my favorite of this arc.
Nov 3, 2012 7:36 AM
Nov 2012
Paul said:
cokerpilot said:

Quick skim and I didn't see any. This episode is for the discussion of the episode, so whatever happened this episode isn't a spoiler. If you entered this thread on your own accord without watching the episode, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Anyways, this was a pretty fun episode. Normally you'd hate this much discussion in the middle of a fight in anime but I can say I enjoy them in this series. Can't wait for the next fight, I'd say it was my favorite of this arc.

Zenkichi vs Kei is a spoiler in this thread. I was talking about all the threads so far however.
Nov 3, 2012 2:40 PM

Jun 2010
Yeah, saying who's going to fight next episode is a bit spoily, even if it could be deduced from the preview. But it is true that the next episode is going to kick ass. The first fight, however impressive, was still the weakest of the arc.

My three cents for the Medaka's overpoweredness discussion.
I hear you, I can see where you're coming from, I don't exactly agree.
If it's intense and interesting, I think her battles are as good as others'. Because it doesn't really matter if it's Medaka fighting or somebody else - you always assume the "good guys" are going to win, I mean we can't have villains be ultimately victorious. There are many ways to avoid it getting a boring rule and they do use it often in Medaka Box - with Medaka as the one fighting too. I read the manga and I remember many times she lost and needed help or another try after that.
But yeah, I don't think she's exactly "likeable". There's a lot of better characters all over the place, still, she doesn't bother me.
Nov 3, 2012 3:37 PM

Sep 2010
Kinda packed imo, I can understand it because it has to cover the whole flask plan in 1-cour, but still kinda packed. Liked more the previous one.
Nov 3, 2012 5:00 PM
Nov 2010
I love the symbolism and the different personality traits/types that are given to each characters.
Nov 3, 2012 6:13 PM

Jul 2008
HacheKa said:
Kinda packed imo, I can understand it because it has to cover the whole flask plan in 1-cour, but still kinda packed. Liked more the previous one.

Nov 3, 2012 8:56 PM

Aug 2009
I'm more concerned about why they didn't include this scene!
Nov 3, 2012 9:22 PM

Jul 2008
VerneJules said:

The first page was included.
Nov 3, 2012 9:26 PM

May 2011
That was an awesome fight and to think there's gunna be much more like that this season makes me excited. The preview shows Zenkichi warming up, oooh so he's going to be the one that fights the mass murderer? Can't wait.
Nov 3, 2012 11:02 PM

Jul 2012
I wish Takachiho fight was longer with that kind of ability he really should be untouchable. I really like his ability though probably my favorite.

Encounter said:
kdog1000 said:
Encounter said:

Maybe it's just because I've read the manga and I've seen the more pronounced form of what Medaka is capable of. Because of it, just about any fight seems more interesting and believable than one with Medaka in it.

As time passes you'll see just how overpowered she is, it's why I can't enjoy her fights. As powerful as Goku was in DBZ, even his fights were more interesting because they actually showed a physical struggle to get to where he needed to be. The fact is, nothing that Medaka goes through will last. Her shtick is always overcoming her obstacles, but with almost no effort behind it.

Where's the fun in a hero who wins 24/7, and doesn't know what it means to try hard but fail.

It's Boring

Exactly. I can look past her OP if she would at least lose once in a while I think that's why everyone likes Zenkichi's fights
Amon-RawNov 3, 2012 11:15 PM
Nov 4, 2012 12:30 AM
Aug 2011
Felt sorry for the reflex guy during his flashback.

Medaka-chan is OP to the awesome.

I wonder if Mogana can even fight, if so, I wonder what style she uses. Hopefully there'll be on
e in this flask-plan arc.

5/5
Nov 4, 2012 1:29 AM

Aug 2009
KuroNoKenshi said:
VerneJules said:

The first page was included.
No, I'm only talking about Hakama's statement about Zenkichi.
Nov 4, 2012 1:58 AM

Apr 2011
This seasons shits all over the first one. I've clearly misjudged this series.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Nov 4, 2012 2:33 AM
Apr 2012
BULLDOG266 said:
This seasons shits all over the first one. I've clearly misjudged this series.
Nice to hear it, alot of people did not believe the manga fans that NOW iis when medaka box really begins but tbh this is just the start of it :)
Nov 4, 2012 4:18 AM
Feb 2012
That was a really entertaining fight. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

But now I want to see the rest of the group get fights as well and judging by the preview it might be Zenkichi's turn next.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 4, 2012 8:29 AM

Oct 2012
This was an entertaining episode. Since I haven't read the manga, I feel that I am able to enjoy the anime that much more because I don't feel that Medaka is so much OP compared to last season. What I am looking forward to is seeing the results of Zenkichi's training. I wish the other characters had a more active physical role against the antagonists.
Nov 4, 2012 9:00 AM

Jun 2010
That battle was intense! XD
I can't wait to hear "that" voice next week. If you know whose.
LOL
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2012

173 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 15, 11:39 PM

» Animes That Are Similar ??

DragonIncursio - Sep 16, 2021

5 by Rexitor_Delta »»
Dec 24, 2022 8:47 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2012

55 by Punkero »»
Aug 21, 2022 6:55 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

136 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 6, 2022 5:08 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

79 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 5, 2022 4:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.