Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2012 8:57 PM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HOLY SHIT THAT FIGHT WAS JAW DROPPING

Before I talk about the fight I liked the build up to it with everyone searching for the Troupe. This episode shows how much of a coward and weakling the head of the Nostrade family is without Neon. Thought the second use of the Chain Bastard song was a little repetitive but I'm just nitpicking. It was pretty funny seeing Kurapika getting cockblocked just outside Chrollo's room.

The animation in this episode in my opinion was better than Kurapika vs Uvogin here. The Korean team really put their all into this episode and it shows, I was giddying everytime the nen powered up from Chrollo,Silva,Zeno. I felt like I was watching a fight from DBZ with the camera angles and the powers that were shown. Seeing the names of the powers of everyone was pretty cool too with the timing of the pausing and the fonts.

Another reason I like this fight so much in this version is because there is a sense of momentum and energy to it with the dodging and running coupled with the nen powers. Don't get me wrong I liked the fight reading it but here I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Don't wanna compare this to the 99 too much or this thread will turn into a flame war but my reason above is why I like Madhouse's version over Nippon. I rewatched 99 before this episode and the sense of momentum is one thing I found lacking in Nippon's take on the fight .

Best Hunting For Your Dream outro hands down ever
HybridMBLOct 21, 2012 7:30 AM
Oct 20, 2012 9:09 PM

Nov 2011
Damn! this episode was great! and I loved the fight. Zeno's dragon is purple! and not piss yellow ^_^

My only complaint is not with the episode but... with that opening! It's really starting to piss me off lol.
NJZanDatsuOct 20, 2012 9:17 PM
Oct 20, 2012 9:12 PM

Sep 2008
that fight!! actually this fight was the reason i watched the original hunter x hunter, i think im still afraid of zeno...such a crazy over powerful old dude
"even if you were fully armed, it would take me 7 seconds to kill you all, so shut the fuck up!"
--epic--

i'm quite amazed how can kurapika can keep up calm and follow orders with the troupe in front of him, admirable

and the animation! god, it was so good, how much money do they invest on this thing?!, plain awesome

and next chapter, chrollo lucifer is going to rock.really hard.

NJZanDatsu said:

My only complaint is not with the episode but... with that opening! It's really starting to really piss me off lol.
yeah.. its to happy go round for this...i miss the old opening for this arc in the originla series, hope they´ll change it soon
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 20, 2012 9:18 PM

May 2012
ANOTHER AMAZING EPISODE! The fight between Chrollo and the Zoldycks was really well done in this anime in my opinion. This arc has just been incredible with the action it's shown, but the fight we saw today was by far the most high-level we've seen in this series as of right now! Nen dragons and energy blasts flying all over the place! Freakin insane! Real full-fledged Nen users going at it to the death! Just straight up awesome! Can't wait to see what happens next week. But until then, I think I'll rewatch this episode a couple of more times!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Oct 20, 2012 9:36 PM

Aug 2010
Amazing episode, the fight between Chrollo and Zoldycks was awesome.
Oct 20, 2012 9:46 PM

Sep 2012
I wonder who will put under 5/5 AMAZING Loved it :)
Oct 20, 2012 9:53 PM

Jul 2010
KYAAAAAAAA~~~~~~ THAT WAS SO COOOL, I was like cringing out of excitement the whole entire timeeee. OMGG. I just love this arc too much.

I can't wait for next week.. I want to see more Kurapika..

But man... the Boss of the Troupe is too sexy... xD
Oct 20, 2012 9:57 PM
Jun 2012
Another fantastic episode! I was surprised by the filler in the first half but it was executed very well and it made me wonder if they were going to actually animate the entire fight haha.

Poor Kurapika, he's so eager to fight yet he's forced to babysit XD

This is a bit random, but while watching this episode, I wanted to flash-forward in time to watch the Chimera Ant Arc (I'm currently reading it and now I REALLY want to see it animated!).

....I'm going to stop myself here or else I'll write too much haha.
Oct 20, 2012 9:59 PM

Jun 2012
I didn't remember the original being this epic.

From Uvo to the Zoldyck Family fight, it just keeps getting better. I can't imagine how epic it'll be once they get to the Chimera Ant Arc.

These old timers are fucking insane:
Oct 20, 2012 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
d_2_HxH said:

This is a bit random, but while watching this episode, I wanted to flash-forward in time to watch the Chimera Ant Arc (I'm currently reading it and now I REALLY want to see it animated!).

Me too!
Oct 20, 2012 10:19 PM

Jun 2011
Freaking amazing! That old man is nuts
Oct 20, 2012 10:21 PM

Feb 2008
see....real assassins are awesome.
Oct 20, 2012 10:24 PM
Aug 2012
That was an exciting episode! I loved the nen abilities used in this one. More members of the Zoldycks are getting involved in this. Looks like more major fights are coming up in Yorknew!

Oct 20, 2012 10:28 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, the epic fight of Zeno and Silva vs. Chrollo.
Mad good.

Though, they cut it and left the half on the next week's ep.
I also cannot wait for the appearance of Illumi and his surprise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2012 10:36 PM

Jul 2010
Sheezus, insane fight right there. Purple dragon was awesome (except that it looked like Nen. I hoped for some DBZ Shenlong-like design but it seems that I hoped for too much :P)

And Silva's technique...
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Oct 20, 2012 10:47 PM

Sep 2012
zomg zomg

Zeno laughing when he gets Chrollo lol CHROLLO IS AMAZING. I also liked gon's phonecall, Hisoka doing nothing, Illumi's entrance in the preview!
Oct 20, 2012 10:52 PM

Jun 2008
Haha blockstun is a bitch. I've rewatched the original about 4-5 times, and I don't recall this fight being so interesting and intense. The whole fight scene I was like:
Ok, I know what happens ne- OH MAI GWAD!! That was epic!
[^repeat]
Oct 20, 2012 10:53 PM

May 2011
Awesome episode ,the fight was epic.
Oct 20, 2012 10:54 PM

May 2010
damn epic episode.
Oct 20, 2012 11:00 PM

Feb 2009
Holy shit what an epic episode, my favorite so far. The Zoldycks always steal the show. Silva is a beast. Zeno giving his speech and using his nen was badass. Madhouse is doing a better job each time, good sign for future arcs.
Oct 20, 2012 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
the action was fucking cool, how many shounen anime you see an action packed battle along with intelligent deductions/analysis of the battlefield/fighters? woot!!!!!
Oct 20, 2012 11:06 PM
Oct 2011
Epic episode!!!

Are Silva + zeno = enhancer ??
Oct 20, 2012 11:08 PM

Oct 2011
ViSaoSang said:
Epic episode!!!

Zeno I know is a transmuter. I'm pretty sure Silva is as well but I'd have to go back and look to be sure.
Oct 20, 2012 11:20 PM

Nov 2011
fearthebeard85 said:
ViSaoSang said:
Epic episode!!!

Zeno I know is a transmuter. I'm pretty sure Silva is as well but I'd have to go back and look to be sure.

Yeah, they're both Transmuters.
Oct 20, 2012 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode! I can't wait for more. G'argh. ;w;
Yes, the closing theme song is really awesome. The opening is awesome too, but I wouldn't mind if they change it or keep it. :3

Intense episode!
Oct 20, 2012 11:34 PM
Oct 2011
Good to see Zeno and Silva in action.

Illumi next week!

Veradux said:
That was an exciting episode! I loved the nen abilities used in this one. More members of the Zoldycks are getting involved in this. Looks like more major fights are coming up in Yorknew!

*opened spoiler*
*looked at avatar*
What the hell was I expecting lol?
Oct 20, 2012 11:37 PM

Jan 2009
ViSaoSang said:
Epic episode!!!

they are both transmuter (like Killua too) according to wikia
Oct 21, 2012 12:20 AM

Oct 2011
Incredible episode, way better than the original imo. The animation just keeps getting better. I don't recall Zeno laughing when he caught Chrollo in the original (or in the manga for that matter), but hell I loved it; made him look even more like a badass mofo XD.

Oct 21, 2012 12:47 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode !
Oct 21, 2012 12:54 AM

Oct 2011
What the fuck is this? Shitty animation...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2012 1:05 AM

Oct 2011
x5exotic said:

You know, after the controversies I started in last week's thread I didn't want to be "that guy" who had a few complaints about the fight since everyone has seemed to love it so far. So thanks for breaking the ice there lol.

The episode overall was good and the fight was still amazing. But unlike with the last fight between Kurapika vs Uvogin, I think I'm going to have to lean towards the fight in the previous series.

I feel like, if it weren't for 85% of the action scenes cutting out the background/setting for the animated action backdrops (not sure what they are actually called, if anyone could help me out that would be great) then this fight could've been so much better, maybe even potentially better than the fight in the orginal. Besides the moving action backdrops that were overused the flow of the fight and the animation of nen and that didn't feel as good as the previous two, but these are more minor complaints because the fight still came out really well.

So yeah, I say my complaints would be cutting out the background/setting during the fight. I'm one of those guys who enjoys seeing the environment and setting in which a fight takes place because it is an important element that goes into the fight (imo, to some it might not matter where the hell a fight takes place).

So overall, the fight could've been better but it was still great. If it weren't for those damn moving action backdrops I probably would've enjoyed the fight just as much as the original if not more.
Oct 21, 2012 1:14 AM
Oct 2011
fearthebeard85 said:
I actually noticed the bad animation at some points too (they really need to work harder on Kurapika), but it's somehow understandable because first they're doing the movie, 2nd it's hard maintaining the same quality for ~10 episodes without some drops in it, especially now that they've crossed the 50th ep mark.
Candor123Oct 21, 2012 1:18 AM
Oct 21, 2012 1:19 AM

Oct 2011
Still images, stiff animation, characters look like an invisible 8-year old boy was playing with action figures. Just still images clashing.
Hyper-space background was cheap, I mean the animation itself was bad why not try at least to draw some nice backgrounds...but no, cheapness to the max.

Chrollo's "creepy" face made him looked like he had some terminal disease.
Oct 21, 2012 1:58 AM
Oct 2011
??? what are you ??? Are you 10y/o kid or a pro senior animator?

If you don't like it, don't watch it. Stop bitching like a bitch.

This forum is getting much attention lately so plz go away, we don't need a hater

SAO is the real place where you should belong to.
ViSaoSangOct 21, 2012 2:02 AM
Oct 21, 2012 2:01 AM
Oct 2009
ViSaoSang said:

SAO is the real place for you.

or he could express his opinion like everybody else.

because you know, that`s what forums are for
Oct 21, 2012 2:05 AM

Mar 2007
x5exotic said:
Still images, stiff animation, characters look like an invisible 8-year old boy was playing with action figures.

Haha, welcome to long-runner shounen anime.
Oct 21, 2012 2:32 AM

Jun 2010
wow another freakin awesome fight, i couldn't as for more
kurarika acting like a boss in this ep, he even scold the 'kids' xD
5/5 top notch
ViSaoSang said:

This forum is getting much attention lately so plz go away, we don't need a hater

SAO is the real place where you should belong to.

thats your old hxh fan.
Oct 21, 2012 2:33 AM

Jul 2010
x5exotic said:
Still images, stiff animation, characters look like an invisible 8-year old boy was playing with action figures. Just still images clashing.
Hyper-space background was cheap, I mean the animation itself was bad why not try at least to draw some nice backgrounds...but no, cheapness to the max.

Chrollo's "creepy" face made him looked like he had some terminal disease.

...really?

I think this version's animation bested the 99 version by miles, despite Chrollo's "creepy(?)" face. And the battle was short even in the manga, so the amount of action showed by this ep is to be expected.

And lastly, what backgrounds did you expect from a fight in some random room in a city building?
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Oct 21, 2012 3:05 AM

Jan 2009
fanty said:
x5exotic said:
Still images, stiff animation, characters look like an invisible 8-year old boy was playing with action figures.

not only that the main key animators of madhouse are probably on the staff making the hunter x hunter movie, but the animation is not that shitty at all lol wtf

naruto and bleach and one piece and fairy tail meanwhile have fucking shitty animation quality
Oct 21, 2012 3:37 AM

Apr 2012
Woahhhhh, drama. The animation isn't 'shitty', though Kurapika looks a bit weird sometimes. The fight though was absolutely stunning, as always. I love the 99 adaption but honestly, you can't say that animation was better than this here. It was clean and I love it but new tech just means the 2011 adaption does and will have better animation. Plus Madhouse.

I always forget how awesome HxH is and then Sunday comes and I'm screaming for more... ahahaha. I laughed really hard when Gon and Killua just ran out the train XD. What if the trains start up again, kids? (Those two. My gosh.)

This is just because I love Shal, but Hunterpedia was absolutely adorable. ;w;
Oct 21, 2012 3:46 AM
Oct 2012
fearthebeard85 said:
x5exotic said:

You know, after the controversies I started in last week's thread I didn't want to be "that guy" who had a few complaints about the fight since everyone has seemed to love it so far. So thanks for breaking the ice there lol.

The episode overall was good and the fight was still amazing. But unlike with the last fight between Kurapika vs Uvogin, I think I'm going to have to lean towards the fight in the previous series.

I feel like, if it weren't for 85% of the action scenes cutting out the background/setting for the animated action backdrops (not sure what they are actually called, if anyone could help me out that would be great) then this fight could've been so much better, maybe even potentially better than the fight in the orginal. Besides the moving action backdrops that were overused the flow of the fight and the animation of nen and that didn't feel as good as the previous two, but these are more minor complaints because the fight still came out really well.

So yeah, I say my complaints would be cutting out the background/setting during the fight. I'm one of those guys who enjoys seeing the environment and setting in which a fight takes place because it is an important element that goes into the fight (imo, to some it might not matter where the hell a fight takes place).

So overall, the fight could've been better but it was still great. If it weren't for those damn moving action backdrops I probably would've enjoyed the fight just as much as the original if not more.

I agree completely. The older Hunter x Hunter had way better animation. There was no static fighting and the camera angles were a lot better. It's like I'm watching some poorly animated American cartoon where the characters are so small that you can hardly see their facial expressions. So far, the only fight I actually enjoyed was the Uvogin vs Kurapika one, the camera angles were good and I could actually compare it to the '98 one. It may have even been better.

I really don't know why you guys compliment the animation so much. It's like you've been deprived of good animation so much that you just appreciate anything that comes your way. If you've seen anything like Blue Exorcist or even Yu Yu Hakusho, you'll know what I mean. In my opinion, those shows had amazing animation and fight scenes.

Just my opinion though. I still appreciate that HxH is being animated and it's not exactly unbearable to watch. Oh and the OP is shit too.
Oct 21, 2012 3:52 AM

Dec 2009
Great episode, but I think I would've preferred a dark room instead of a bright one.

As for the animation, I'd say it was fine in this episode. What this series have, though, is great directing. Even if the animation isn't Gon vs Hisoka quality, it still comes off as good.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 21, 2012 4:16 AM

Oct 2010
Interesting episode~ can't wait for the next episode and seeing killua's brother (Picasso as i nicknamed him, since he looked like he came out of one of his paintings) Things are becoming exciting~

Oct 21, 2012 5:01 AM

Mar 2012
my only complain goes to the background art details... the old hunterXhunter was clever by showing the battle in a dark room, the powers shown there were beautiful, colored and detailed... anyhow this was awesome.
Oct 21, 2012 5:04 AM

Mar 2011
Awesome episode and OST.That was badass Hisoka was watching how mafia was raped by Troupe :D
Oct 21, 2012 5:29 AM
Sep 2011
OK since no one has brought this up yet:
The Zoldyk's really suck as assassins don't they? I mean isn't an assassin meant to kill a target quietly without being seen and stuff? How is a giant purple dragon and freaking NEN LAZORS stealthy by and sense of the word?
Also lol at the people trying to say the animation in this version is worse than the 99 versions, I mean there is opinion...and then there is just being plain wrong...by the way golden eye looks well better than the new call of duty.
edl01Oct 21, 2012 5:32 AM
Oct 21, 2012 5:30 AM
Oct 2011
j0x said:
fanty said:
x5exotic said:

not only that the main key animators of madhouse are probably on the staff making the hunter x hunter movie, but the animation is not that shitty at all lol wtf

naruto and bleach and one piece and fairy tail meanwhile have fucking shitty animation quality

guess who...

Oct 21, 2012 5:36 AM
Oct 2011
Bigbuffoon said:

I think this version's animation bested the 99 version by miles

*dies laughing*
Oct 21, 2012 5:39 AM

Oct 2011
edl01 said:
OK since no one has brought this up yet:
The Zoldyk's really suck as assassins don't they? I mean isn't an assassin meant to kill a target quietly without being seen and stuff? How is a giant purple dragon and freaking NEN LAZORS stealthy by and sense of the word?
Also lol at the people trying to say the animation in this version is worse than the 99 versions, I mean there is opinion...and then there is just being plain wrong...by the way golden eye looks well better than the new call of duty.

Not necessarily, an assassin's job is to kill someone. The means are up to him. Not all assassins are ninja
Oct 21, 2012 5:46 AM

Oct 2012
the episode was simple ..for me the nipon zoldiek fight was much better than this one
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.