Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2012 1:20 PM

Jan 2008
Didn't like the how they cgi'd the skeleton reaper but I actually enjoyed this episode.
Sep 29, 2012 1:21 PM

Nov 2009
See? What was so hard about it? If they had added only a few minute of showing character developments, dialogue from the start like what they did with Asuna this episode, SAO would have been better. SAO needs moments like this.

Despite there were some slide-show powerpoint battle scenes (at least they animated real action sequences near the end when Kirito and Asuna attacked together), overall this episode is definitely the "best" episode so far since episode 1.

Hybridbloodszak said:
One thing that's been bothering me is that no one has been acknowledging Kirito and Asuna got married besides Heathcliff. Since Asuna is a known "celebrity" of sorts, I kinda expected someone at the fishing village to say something or even Klein since he was flustered over her a couple of episodes ago.

Their marriage is kept as a secret, they live in 22nd floor to stay away from the attention.

Jul 2012
Hell yeah! i loved this episode. damn haw can i wait till next week?
Jul 2012
The first half was meh but I liked the ending half of the episode, im actually excited to see the next episode
Sep 29, 2012 1:25 PM
Mar 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
Also the fishing village is a lower level, she is a frontline player; its only to be expected that lower levels don't know as much; after all in that one episode against the noob criminal guild; they didn't recognize Kirito right away, it took them a while, that wouldn't have happened on the frontlines; such news takes longer to travel to lower floors, so even if a player is popular it doesn't reach all of SAO.

Actually, one of the things they omitted in the fishing part was that after people recognized Asuna, someone picked up on her being married to Kirito, provoking an "eh?!" reaction from the crowd.
Sep 29, 2012 1:34 PM

Jun 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
One thing that's been bothering me is that no one has been acknowledging Kirito and Asuna got married besides Heathcliff. Since Asuna is a known "celebrity" of sorts, I kinda expected someone at the fishing village to say something or even Klein since he was flustered over her a couple of episodes ago.

You should realized that while not for a long time they have been married for a while so the others already had their reactions; i mean they are all on each others friend lists, so its not like its that hard to send a message that they got married right? besides that in the LN they did show Lisbeths reaction and such, they just can't animate everything; little stuff like that should be expected to be left out. If anything its logical that only Heathcliff would acknowledge it since he is the last person they would run to tell, don't you think?

Also the fishing village is a lower level, she is a frontline player; its only to be expected that lower levels don't know as much; after all in that one episode against the noob criminal guild; they didn't recognize Kirito right away, it took them a while, that wouldn't have happened on the frontlines; such news takes longer to travel to lower floors, so even if a player is popular it doesn't reach all of SAO.

They could have sent messages true but even so I as a viewer would like to see even a small acknowledgement on screen. That's cool that they show it in the LN but this is the anime adaptation which is a separate universe from the LN. There is bound to be stuff cut when adapting a work into a different medium but it's just kind of a letdown.

I just want to make clear that other people not acknowledging the marriage isn't a huge deal to me. It's minor when I look at what the story is about and has been presented thus far as an anime-only viewer
Sep 29, 2012 1:34 PM
Sep 2011
GrayArchon said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Actually, one of the things they omitted in the fishing part was that after people recognized Asuna, someone picked up on her being married to Kirito, provoking an "eh?!" reaction from the crowd.

Takana_no_Hana said:

Their marriage is kept as a secret, they live in 22nd floor to stay away from the attention.

This^
Why wouldn't they stay in Asuna's place since she has a huge and comfortable house? Because they want a peaceful and silence place to enjoy their honey moon, they don't want to attract the crowds.
HibiChouchouSep 29, 2012 1:37 PM
Sep 29, 2012 1:38 PM

Sep 2012
The episode was amazing. Loved the battle at the end. The fishing wasnt bad. But that cliffhanger. Can't wait till the next episode
Sep 29, 2012 1:38 PM

Dec 2009

Pointless first half and boy, that second half was atrocious.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 29, 2012 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
Oof even worse than last week.

Kirito- I don't think you should go it'll be dangerous
Asuna- Well you better let me go, because if you die I'm just going to kill myself anyway
Kirito- Oh ok..

Worst romance I've seen in awhile. Half this episode was pointless and the other half is a broken boss fight which some how Kirito and Asuna overcome through the power of bs.

And show YOU DO NOT BRING UP THE CONCEPT OF SUICIDE SO CASUALLY, god these characters are insane I swear.
Sep 29, 2012 1:44 PM

May 2012
That Skull Reaper boss looks freakin crazy! I'm looking forward to an insane battle next week. I wonder how it will turn out though? The title for the next episode is rather ominous. Hopefully Asuna doesn't die or anything because she and Kirito are one of my favorite anime couples ever! I want them to have a happy ending together in the real world. I just think they're cute together! Sue me! lol.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 29, 2012 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
i might be only one who is bothered by this: They are raiding with only with tanks and dps'(and maybe dps' with tank gear too lawl)! where are the healers or are there any?POTION TIME!
PS. They must have sick dps, since there doesnt seems to be any healers^^
Sep 29, 2012 1:45 PM
Dec 2011
damn...that boss fight was fricken brutal. Dude needs a nerf!

All in all, this episode had me on the edge of my seat, and i felt goosebumps. GREAT EPISODE!
Sep 29, 2012 1:46 PM

Jul 2009
hyperknees91 said:

Asuna- Well you better let me go, because if you die I'm just going to kill myself anyway
Kirito- Oh ok..

Worst romance I've seen in awhile. Half this episode was pointless and the other half is a broken boss fight which some how Kirito and Asuna overcome through the power of bs.

And show YOU DO NOT BRING UP THE CONCEPT OF SUICIDE SO CASUALLY, god these characters are insane I swear.

Wat? Wat's wong?
Sep 29, 2012 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
WIN WIN WIN!!!
5/5

What a great episode!
First we get the lovydovy with Asuna and Kirito, and then some nice action with the frontline! I can't wait for next episode :D
O'Hai :D
Sep 29, 2012 1:50 PM

Jun 2009
the last part of the SAO Ark is next week
Sep 29, 2012 1:52 PM

Sep 2010

Why not? Im going to kill myself too. Moreover Kirito is an emo, he is understanding her totally.
Sep 29, 2012 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
I think this Skull Reaper boss fight is going to be epic!!!!!
Sep 29, 2012 1:55 PM

Feb 2008
The fishing was completely pointless and the dramatic dialogue about growing old together and Asuna killing herself if Kirito dies was honestly just awful. Still, as much as I dislike this series I can admit that the last five minutes or so were actually pretty enjoyable. The soundtrack and level of animation were great but I have a feeling the next episode will ruin the impact of the fight through more deus ex machina and bullshit writing.
Sep 29, 2012 2:00 PM

Jul 2009
Sorry i'm too excited to write in english. Como me van a dejar asi!!! De cara con el Boss ese por deos!! Ya lo tenian q matar yayayay deos seguro se pone dificil la cosa pinches o.O! Lo mas ._. y lo mas triste es q tengo q esperar al sabado q viene para ver la continuacion no aguanto mas u.u
♥Chizuchan♥
Sep 29, 2012 2:00 PM

Mar 2011
hyperknees91 said:

Kirito- Oh ok..

I agree I hated this as well, this "stay behind, let me fight it by myself so you can be safe" moralfagging is so goddamn cliche and annoying i always crige, seriously if he loves her that much he should trust her in the first place, but of course he doesnt, in an anime with so many cliche lines like this one they had to include the biggest cliche line of them all.

But still overall this episode is a big improvement over the previous episode, but thats not saying much really beacause no matter how bad an episode is, its impossible its worse than last weeks episode beacause that episode truly reached the bottom, it was so bad it was guilty crown level of bad.
Raziel1991Sep 29, 2012 2:08 PM
Sep 29, 2012 2:05 PM

Aug 2008
Raziel1991 said:
hyperknees91 said:

Kirito- Oh ok..

I agree I hated this as well, this "stay behind, let me fight it by myself so you can be safe" moralfagging is so goddamn cliche and annoying i always crige, seriously if he loves her that much he should trust her in the first place, but of course he doesnt, in anime with so many cliche lines like this one they had to include the biggest cliche line of them all.

But still overall this episode is a big improvement over the previous episode, but thats not saying much really beacause no matter how bad an episode is, its impossible its worse than last weeks episode beacause that episode truly reached the bottom, it was so bad it was guilty crown level of bad.

Haven't seen guilty crown (probably for the best) but yeah I'll agree last week was pretty bad.

But at least last week made the characters seem a bit more...sane rather than the rediculous logic and cheezy dialogue they kept spouting in this episode.
Sep 29, 2012 2:07 PM
Dec 2010
These are the moments I'm glad I'm reading the Light Novel. So much is lost in the anime...

Feb 2011
This is still my new favorite anime. this episode reminds me why it is still that way
Sep 2011
Onbuu said:
i might be only one who is bothered by this: They are raiding with only with tanks and dps'(and maybe dps' with tank gear too lawl)! where are the healers or are there any?POTION TIME!

Didn't u see the boss? it was 1 hit instant kill, no time to heal or whatsoever, and the boss is extremely mobile, bringing healers would be waste of man power, they should be efficiently used for dungeon farming.

Veronin said:
The fishing was completely pointless and the dramatic dialogue about growing old together and Asuna killing herself if Kirito dies was honestly just awful. Still, as much as I dislike this series I can admit that the last five minutes or so were actually pretty enjoyable. The soundtrack and level of animation were great but I have a feeling the next episode will ruin the impact of the fight through more deus ex machina and bullshit writing.

pointless? it was in the novel, and the meeting with that old-man was the main point to show Asuna developments for Kirito, that whole point makes the whole episode better compare to previous episodes.
Sep 29, 2012 2:08 PM

Jul 2012
The anime would MOST likely drag out to the beginning of GGO. I hope they actually animate GGO too. The volume was much more interesting than the first, imo.
ALO online is going to start probably on the 15th episode. I can't wait for Suguha being the main protagonist for a bit! :)
Sep 29, 2012 2:10 PM

Nov 2011
Slightly better than the last 2 episodes, maybe it'll improve again next episode.

I hope..

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 29, 2012 2:13 PM

Dec 2010
ThanatosPersona said:
The anime would MOST likely drag out to the beginning of GGO. I hope they actually animate GGO too. The volume was much more interesting than the first, imo.
ALO online is going to start probably on the 15th episode. I can't wait for Suguha being the main protagonist for a bit! :)

They won't reach GGO, and frankly i wouldn't want them to; GGO needs its own season not them squeezing it in here. Also i don't agree with you, there isn't much to drag out in GGO; if anything it just has that

Sep 29, 2012 2:13 PM

Aug 2008
Also according to before...the reason they got moved to hospitals is because of the internal battery...but wait they were allowed to disconnect from the internet but still couldn't even remove it? How does that even work?

Guess there goes that logic.
Sep 29, 2012 2:16 PM

Dec 2010
hyperknees91 said:
Also according to before...the reason they got moved to hospitals is because of the internal battery...but wait they were allowed to disconnect from the internet but still couldn't even remove it? How does that even work?

Since you spent the time looking for the answer of them using a hospital transfer; you should also look why they couldn't take it off, because like everything else it has been answered many times over; heck there are even threads just about that...T_T
Sep 29, 2012 2:20 PM

Aug 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
hyperknees91 said:

Since you spent the time looking for the answer of them using a hospital transfer; you should also look why they couldn't take it off, because like everything else it has been answered many times over; heck there are even threads just about that...T_T

But I didn't know they actually got disconnected from the net and went offline. Seriously what's the difference between getting to the top floor and allowing them to log out...and then being forced log out by diconnecting from the server. I mean they logged out technically so...what the crap? I didn't take the time to look up the answer, it's what someone answered for me on the last forum =p
Sep 29, 2012 2:21 PM

Dec 2009
Oh Jeez, it took 13 episodes for the anime to mention that they got moved to hospitals? At least THAT "PLOT HOLE" got resolved. Hahahahaha. XDDD

I dunno, I'd expect the program for "brain melt" to be patched in when the game started. Or there's 4G for everyone by 2022!!! :/
Sep 29, 2012 2:23 PM

Dec 2010
NettoAzure said:
Oh Jeez, it took 13 episodes for the anime to mention that they got moved to hospitals? At least THAT "PLOT HOLE" got resolved. Hahahahaha. XDDD

Do you even know what a plot hole is? by your logic all anime have plot holes; because almost all anime still have questions asked half way through....wait until the series is freaken over before you call something a plot hole.
Sep 29, 2012 2:24 PM

Nov 2007
Pointless. I have no idea why some people hate shows yet they continue. There's nothing stopping you guys from watching something else. If you don't enjoy, why watch a show you are certain not to enjoy? And there's half of it left, at least if this is just a 2 cour show. You guys are chou-M

May be you guys have too much spare time or don't have anything else better to do than just watching anime?

Anyway, I liked the episode. Actually loved it. Next episode title sounds as if we are going to see the end of the SAO arc.

InfiniteDestiny said:
NettoAzure said:

Do you even know what a plot hole is? by your logic all anime have plot holes; because almost all anime still have questions asked half way through....wait until the series is freaken over before you call something a plot hole.

^QFT. Code Geass wins in that department. Yet one of the most successful anime franchise till date.
shanimebibSep 29, 2012 2:27 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 29, 2012 2:29 PM

Jan 2012
Wish they made a few more episodes of kirto and asuna living together. I'm mainly watching this anime for the romance as i'm not a huge fan of the fight scenes btw.
Sep 29, 2012 2:29 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
ThanatosPersona said:

They won't reach GGO, and frankly i wouldn't want them to; GGO needs its own season not them squeezing it in here. Also i don't agree with you, there isn't much to drag out in GGO; if anything it just has that

I know they won't reach GGO. When I said they'll probably drag it out to the beginning of GGO, I meant like it'll probably introduce Sinon. GGO is an interesting arc and the new arcs just keep getting better with each new volume. Hopefully a new season so it CAN cover up GGO and Mother's Rosario.
Sep 29, 2012 2:30 PM

Nov 2011
shanimebib said:

May be you guys have too much spare time

Pretty much.

Sep 29, 2012 2:31 PM

Jan 2012
Onbuu said:

SAO doesn't have healers that would be magic, if anything they probably switch so the person who is dying can drink a potion (which they probably can't do in this fight)
Sep 29, 2012 2:32 PM

Jun 2012
Just awesome! I always ask myself why they never show affection between anime couples. It like there is an invisible wall between them and they only look at each other and blush. Here the scene in the bed is superb! Together with Asunas statement that she wants to marry for real and grow old with Kirito makes your heart burst. I'm sick of the animes where the couple doesn't get together until the last episode and you only see them kiss and that is it, The End.
Sep 29, 2012 2:33 PM

Jun 2012
If you like SAO, read the novels!
Sep 29, 2012 2:37 PM
Sep 2011
shanimebib said:

I believe they're called hater, completionist, tsundere, masochist or whatever words you find it suits them. Like this guy:
Veronin said:

Dude, tell me the reason why do you even watch this show? By all means, why do you do something you don't even like? Don't talk about standard here since K-on! series are 9, 10 in your list who uses a rating scale of 5.
Sep 29, 2012 2:38 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
shanimebib said:

Pretty much.

Well aren't you lucky, that said aren't there other things you like to do with your time? or are you incapable of finding amusement outside of watching shows you clearly dislike.
Sep 29, 2012 2:41 PM

Aug 2008
HibiChouchou said:
shanimebib said:

I believe they're called hater, completionist, tsundere, masochist or whatever words you find it suits them. Like this guy:
Veronin said:

Dude, tell me the reason why do you even watch this show? By all means, why do you do something you don't even like? Don't talk about standard here since K-on! series are 9, 10 in your list who uses a rating scale of 5.

Because negative criticism isn't allowed am I right?

Nov 2011
HibiChouchou said:
shanimebib said:

Veronin said:

I don't see him hating on the other episodes in his post, its possible to hate a few episodes in a series that overall would be a 5/10.

But the reason I watch it is because the first few episodes where decent, and maybe it'll have a few more decent episodes.

Also, what does k-on! have to do with this? how is it anyway related to episode 13 of SAO?

Dec 2010
HibiChouchou said:
shanimebib said:

Veronin said:

Trying to find a reason out of them will gain no results; i tried once and the most common result was "its fun to hate on things" there is no reason that people who enjoy this series or even think its ok would normally accept; its just a difference of viewing things. I personally think anime is meant to be entertaining; thus the moment it stops being entertaining i stop watching; if i dislike something i don't waste my time on it, unless i truly feel it will get better thus i hold optimism for it; they hold neither optimism or care for it; they just like to watch it to make fun of it; heck there is even a guy who makes videos making fun of this series, i honestly don't know why they would spend so much freaken time on something they clearly dislike. Heck there were even some lame answers like "so bad its good"....there is no getting a decent answer out of them.
Sep 29, 2012 2:43 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
shanimebib said:

Pretty much.

Well aren't you lucky, that said aren't there other things you like to do with your time? or are you incapable of finding amusement outside of watching shows you clearly dislike.

I disliked the last 3 episodes, I never said anything about dislking all the episodes.

Its only 25mins per week, not including sleep I have around 100 hours of free time per week. What is 25mins compared to that?
And why are you so bothered with me watching it? Are SAO threads supposed to be circlejerks?

Sep 29, 2012 2:44 PM

Jul 2012
What does K-On! have to do with Sword Art Online?
Sep 29, 2012 2:45 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
shanimebib said:

Pretty much.

I disliked the last 3 episodes, I never said anything about dislking all the episodes.

Its only 25mins per week, not including sleep I have around 100 hours of free time per week. What is 25mins compared to that?

Is it really 25 minutes tho? I mean how much time have you spent on the forums for this series....also while i haven't kept track i can still say with certainty that there are people waste even more time than you, i simply don't get it....

Also disliking only 3 episodes out of 13 gets a series a 5? I doubt it; which means you disliked the other episodes as well
Sep 29, 2012 2:49 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
shanimebib said:

Pretty much.

Is it really 25 minutes tho? I mean how much time have you spent on the forums for this series....also while i haven't kept track i can still say with certainty that there are people waste even more time than you, i simply don't get it....

The time I spend on the forums have nothing to do with this.

I said I enjoyed some of the episodes, what is wrong with taking a risk?
I'm not the type to drop a series at the few episode(if its bad), so why would I drop a show that had a bunch of decent episodes followed by 2 horrible ones and 1 sligthly less horrible one(the last 1/3th of the episode was decent)?

Those who have more time than me sleep less than me.
I have decades upon decades of my life left, why would a measly 25mins per week have any affect on that?

Sep 29, 2012 2:50 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
shanimebib said:

Pretty much.

Also disliking only 3 episodes out of 13 gets a series a 5? I doubt it; which means you disliked the other episodes as well

o·pin·ion/əˈpinyən/
Noun:
A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Leave everyone alone.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.