Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2012 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Finale episode.

That purple haired glasses girl is on the attack and hell, even transforms. It seems that Lisara goes to another dimension or something to help Ryousake. Glad everything worked out though.

Overall, it was some of a meh series although entertaining at a few instances. 5/10. Also, dat ending.
Stark700Sep 25, 2012 8:32 AM
Sep 25, 2012 10:07 AM
Jul 2012
Sep 25, 2012 3:20 PM

Feb 2008
That glasses girl don't even have a personality she can't read what is going on lol

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 25, 2012 5:05 PM

Aug 2011
The megane girl seemed like some kind of plot device the piss the girls off make the girls more determined to save Ryousuke. And a really poor plot device at that.

Great, a Lisara x Ryousuke ending. I just want to stuff Mina in a hole and prevent her for coming out. God forbid another useless character like her coming into existence. Sorry, this is just my opinion about the kid.

Anyways, this anime gets a 5.5/10. The beginning was interesting. But it really turned into crap towards the end.
Sep 25, 2012 5:22 PM

May 2010
probably one of the worst shows this season. absolutely lame ending and simply a HORRIBLE anime. other ppl may like i, i respect that.

4/10 anime ..just horrible
Sep 25, 2012 5:42 PM

Jun 2012
Horrible anime. Just shit. Completely unredeemable. It ceased being funny by episode 4. Later on it just felt like torture, and the only reason I didn't drop it was because I wanted to know if Ryousuke would really die.
Sep 25, 2012 5:43 PM

May 2010
Uberchu said:
Horrible anime. Just shit. Completely unredeemable. It ceased being funny by episode 4. Later on it just felt like torture, and the only reason I didn't drop it was because I wanted to know if Ryousuke would really die.

this!! exactly this is why i finished this piece of trash ^^
Sep 25, 2012 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
Meh, I liked this better when it was called Highschool DxD. 5/10
Sep 25, 2012 6:15 PM

Aug 2011
Uberchu said:

I know right. And the ending really had to be that lame.
Sep 25, 2012 6:19 PM

Aug 2010
Lisara doesn't like Ryousuke's desire to have sex with her. Does she expect to keep him that way? Oh well, seems like Ryousuke enjoys it...
Sep 25, 2012 6:29 PM

Sep 2009
What does it feel like the relationships just went back to the status quo? I don't like that kind of ending.
Sep 25, 2012 6:40 PM

Aug 2011
saxophone15 said:
What does it feel like the relationships just went back to the status quo? I don't like that kind of ending.

I feel like Quelle didn't really react to anything when Iria and Mary Mina were fighting over Erosuke.
Sep 25, 2012 6:47 PM

Nov 2007
LOL, wow, this series went downhill for me too.
If you want to give the story itself a chance, that is the novel, please read the manga, or what is available of it. It is 20x better, like seriously, it actually follows a much better plot, possibly the novel's plot, dunno, but it's much better than the anime adaptation.
Sep 25, 2012 6:52 PM

Jul 2012
So glad the toture-fest is over. Complete waste of time.
Sep 25, 2012 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
Well, the final episode was only OK. The purple haired chick pissed me off though, as did the uselessness of everyone in dealing with her. Yes, the whole supporting humans so they have more energy when they die was a lame, contrived ending. Ultimately I still enjoyed the show.

It's funny to see how many apparent masochists are here. Omg I hated the show so much, but I still watched all 12 episodes. Now I'm going to complain about how much time I wasted, of my own free will, watching this show I don't even like. Do you people get off on "bad" anime or something?
fullmetal_adamSep 25, 2012 7:04 PM
Sep 25, 2012 7:01 PM

Aug 2010
Probably one of the worst animes i watched. Everything was okayish untill they decided to merge the worlds and all of a suddently let us ecchi hot reaper girls or w/e all get along and make the human lives the happiest they can be. I don't know, i couldn't wrap my head around the transition, it felt so stupid. I can't really explain it but i hope someone writes a review who can.

I think my problem was watching this anime for a plot, boy was i mistaken, just should archived it when i wish to look at panty shots and bewbs.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Sep 25, 2012 7:13 PM

May 2010
... i thought it was pretty good. a nice lisara x ryousuke ending.. even though mina gets rejected she gets rejected properly by ryousuke... everything settled with the demons or whatever i guess.

sigh, i really have no idea what you guys were even expecting out of this anime..
Sep 25, 2012 7:13 PM
Feb 2012
I have no idea why i watched this series to it's end.

Thought it would be as good as Highschool DxD but it wasn't really even close.

Still because I watched it till the end something had to keep my interest so I'll give it a 6/10.
Sep 25, 2012 7:16 PM

Mar 2008
Genryu said:

Yeah cuz they forced you to watch all 12 episodes instead dropping this series when you didnt liked them.you are damn hypocrite.

Anyway it was decent anime and i expected much more episodes cuz after watching 11th episode it seemed like anime and story was just starting and i see now that is final episode.da fuq? :S
i am starting to hate 10-12 episodes anime,they always rush them -.-
Sep 25, 2012 7:21 PM

May 2010
Shit ending.

5/10
Sep 25, 2012 7:32 PM

May 2010
Deadhouse said:
Genryu said:

Yeah cuz they forced you to watch all 12 episodes instead dropping this series when you didnt liked them.you are damn hypocrite.

Anyway it was decent anime and i expected much more episodes cuz after watching 11th episode it seemed like anime and story was just starting and i see now that is final episode.da fuq? :S
i am starting to hate 10-12 episodes anime,they always rush them -.-

u are bashing him because he is telling the truth? its very far from a decent anime no matter what point of view you have. if u seriously think this anime was decent u need simply to watch way more and way better anime.
Sep 25, 2012 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
Can't say I was pleased with that finale at all, in fact, I found myself skipping through pieces of the episode. The way they handled the Mina situation was garbage. So lets get this straight...he likes her, thinks she's cute and even thought about marrying her, yet the ONLY reason that keeps him from going through is cause she's a childhood friend? REALLY? Somebody never told Ryou that marrying your childhood sweetheart is usually one of the rarest and luckiest things you can do. But still, felt like a total cop out. Would have had more respect for it if he just straight up acknowledged he DIDN'T feel that way about her. And in turn, this makes Lisara and Ryou's relationship look even MORE forced.

The life saving scene didn't interest me, and is where i spent most of the time skipping through this segment. Of course we get a Deux Ex and he comes back, which in turn had NOTHING to do with his father's blood, which actually would have made sense. Super coincidence that the text message just happened to be late, but you couldn't say this to her face?

Then the biggest part is that they didn't even have the balls to commit to the pairing. It was the same ole unclear nothing's changed ending, Harem in tact and all. Like I've said before, make up your mind, will they be a couple or not?

Was a meh series for me, first half was great, but like many others, didn't care for the second half and didn't give the feel of what made me like this originally in the first place.

5/10.

I blame all of Mina's uselessness on the stupid producers. Such a cute nice girl, treated like shit the entire series, even her feelings. Lisara and Ryou can have each other, come to a real man Mina.
Tenchi_RyuSep 25, 2012 7:37 PM
Sep 25, 2012 8:04 PM

Oct 2008
Yet another case of the childhood friend not getting the guy/girl. Just goes to show, in anime, no matter how nice you are or how long you've known each other, your feelings mean shit when the one you love meets a tsundere (or asshole).

Also, cop-out endings suck...
Sep 25, 2012 8:05 PM
Jun 2008
so now it all over give yea look things manage get better sorta?

purple hair plan to take ryosuke but his sword is keeping him safe while iria tackle purple yet mina get text cue still way to save ryosuke.

cue lisara stab self with mina's dagger to go inside save ryosuke while inside almost let go then lisara admit she want ryosuke cue kiss all ok.

after seeing all of purple hair see look like safer by idea of life jewel aka human & grimworld people co-exist same world all good for all being happy.

yea everything fine all check back to normal of sorts now ryosuke now even think get all his treasure girls "knocked-up" for births while bleeding wtih caeasr-censor on it.

end with ova on way still wish if make crossover with DxD.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 25, 2012 8:06 PM
Aug 2012
Will the manga go past this wtf is this bullshit? I believe theres a light novel
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Sep 25, 2012 8:11 PM

Apr 2011
Complete garbage mediocre anime series is...well...garbage! Nonetheless perfect ending for a trash series to end its pitiful life. Want an actual good ecchi anime? Watch To-LOVE-Ru. It shits all over this pathetic waste of amazing potential. Darkness is coming up soon. Now that's going to be fun to watch.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Sep 25, 2012 8:12 PM

Aug 2011
Well i really enjoyed the ecchi aspect even thought the series was lacking at some points. Still found it really funny and Ryosuke is one of my favorite MCs for this season.
Sep 25, 2012 8:16 PM
Jun 2012
Can someone explain to me how Ryousuke was revived? I thought they said that his soul and body were still bound together, and that they wouldn't be separated until his energy was extracted. Why did Lisara have to go "bring his soul back", and why did that actually restart his heart and revive him? Actually, what was the cause of death anyway?
Sep 25, 2012 8:24 PM

Jul 2012
Kerozinn said:

u are bashing him because he is telling the truth? its very far from a decent anime no matter what point of view you have. if u seriously think this anime was decent u need simply to watch way more and way better anime.
You seem to be struggling to determine the difference between object fact and subjective opinion. Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai was not "bad" if you compare it with other anime in the same genre. The suggestion of watching "way more and way better anime" is about as stupid as watching nothing but deep, thought-provoking seinen anime and comparing them to this.

Kerozinn said:
other ppl may like i, i respect that.
I found this quite funny (abuse of the English language aside). I think what you meant was, "This anime is bad, and you should feel bad if you liked it."
Sep 25, 2012 8:47 PM

Apr 2010
Finally, I don't have to force myself to watch this every week now. 5/10.

Sep 25, 2012 8:48 PM

Aug 2012
Alot of people are disappointed o.o
Sep 25, 2012 9:21 PM

Jul 2008
That show was awfull. [/subjectivity]

-Animation worthy of a 2006 anime
-Generic OST
-Generic plot

By the obvious lack of quality, this show was not meant to be anything objectively good. Instead it tried to work with it's entertainement values which were average compared to other show of the genre.
-Reused generic joke thorough the whole serie.
-Forced fanservice at the wrong times.
-Loldrama featuring cliche found in a good half of animes
-Too many incoherence
-Huge identity crisis show, it doesn't know what it want to be and instead try to be everything at the same time.

You may like this and I respect your opinion but that show was objectively bad and there's no way around that.
You just have to keep in mind that human aren't attracted to perfect things, instead we like things with flaws and you'll understand that if you truly like this show, you'll accept it's flaw.
If people only liked the best of the best, we would all like the same things; sadly this also means that not everything you like is good and at the opposite, not everything you hate is bad. Afterall, one's POV come from the way he see flaws.

In short, my point won't change wether you were the absolute best fan of the show, or the worst haters. That's what is called objectivity.
Sep 25, 2012 9:27 PM

Sep 2012
wow, another series that's made me curse the completist in me...i should have dropped this once the drama started
..this space under construction...
Sep 25, 2012 10:04 PM
Sep 2012
I was really into the anime at first and i also praised it for the intersting plot line , but it gets lame towards the end , im kinda dissapointed by it but nevertheless its a great show , its just that it got lame at the end

By the way i hope the developers decides on making a 2nd season to make up for ruining the first by adding better elements to the story , i hope they come back strong!
Sep 25, 2012 10:19 PM

May 2010
fullmetal_adam said:
Kerozinn said:

You seem to be struggling to determine the difference between object fact and subjective opinion. Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai was not "bad" if you compare it with other anime in the same genre. The suggestion of watching "way more and way better anime" is about as stupid as watching nothing but deep, thought-provoking seinen anime and comparing them to this.

Kerozinn said:
other ppl may like i, i respect that.
I found this quite funny (abuse of the English language aside). I think what you meant was, "This anime is bad, and you should feel bad if you liked it."

no ur simply wrong.
i respect if someone likes this anime.
i dotn respect when someone bashes someone for not liking this anime
if u critisize other peoples opinions u should be able to take some criticism yourself or you are the hypocrite.

simple isnt it?

oh and about my english.. BITCH PLEASE. its my 4th language mr.grammarnazi.

KerozinnSep 25, 2012 10:23 PM
Sep 25, 2012 11:23 PM
Oct 2009
I'm not going to disagree with anyone. The plot was overall subpar, and the animation quality was rather average.

I liked this show for one main reason. Ryosuke is like...in the top 5 of manly ecchi harem protagonists ever. He's a RIDICULOUSLY manly character. That alone made the show relatable and worth watching.

I mean seriously, he's openly honest about his perversions, doesn't really come off as creepy because he's trustworthy, is able to say "size doesn't matter" concerning breasts, and is just an amazingly decisive boss at figuring out who he loves.

Ryosuke is seriously a GODLY GODLY amazing main character objectively speaking that is PERFECT for an ecchi plot. That alone makes the show immensely enjoyable and entertaining in spite of other plot related flaws. In fact it could be argued the flawed personalities of all the different female characters in a way enhances the EXTREME manliness of Ryosuke given how amazingly virtuous and forthright his presentation is.

I would consider this show better than a lot of other ecchi genre anime SIMPLY because of how amazing the main character is. It really cannot be understated how important it is for the MAIN MALE CHARACTER of an ecchi harem show to be likable, because that alone heavily affects how the rest of the cast and story can stand and just generally speaking is a huge focal point of an ecchi show (thought the focus of ecchi was just erotica? A good male lead is generally equally if not more important).

Shuffle! in comparison can be considered to have a better overall character cast than Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai and more interesting plot development. It FAILS however because Rin is boring, unlikable, and ridiculously unrealistic. So thus him being swarmed by awesome females and refusing for the longest time to make a clear decision is not very impressive.
A2ZOMGSep 25, 2012 11:32 PM
Sep 26, 2012 12:50 AM

Mar 2012
This anime had to the potential to be a great series it started out good but than it when downhill in the second half i dont know why but for some reason the second half seemed more incomplete with a lot of plot holes and poor storytelling and even tough there were some great fighting moments it still felt pretty boring the last ep managed to get the same entertaining feel that it had with its first few episodes but it was to late this show is ok but not great dont expect a second season to come tough

Final score 5/10
Sep 26, 2012 1:07 AM

Feb 2010
good start but the 2nd half was just hiorrible to watch 6/10.
Sep 26, 2012 1:41 AM

Sep 2012
I'll use this anime as a reference to show what is a really shitty show.
Sep 26, 2012 1:52 AM
Oct 2009
Avenir said:
I'll use this anime as a reference to show what is a really shitty show.
Really? This is legitimately a much better ecchi show than most. This show at least has an amazing main male character to carry things, and when we're discussing ecchi harem shows, one of the most important things is actually the main male character, not the plot.

Shuffle! on the other hand is ridiculously overrated garbage. They have interesting female characters and backstory, but Rin isn't worth a damn, and thus the rest of the show falls apart.

I'm not sure why people act like the story was a huge disappointment. Yes it's subpar overall, but that's not the reason to watch this show. Ecchi and hentai are generally very character and visually oriented in terms of entertainment value. Plot is largely secondary to that. Now it's true the female cast is actually kinda lame, but that again isn't the point of the show. The main attraction is both the fanservice and the main male character. The fanservice is pretty good, highlighting the beauty of tits of all sizes, and the main male character is godly amazing for basically the entire show, hugely entertaining, interesting, and likable, so it doesn't matter how good or bad the female characters are when the show is about how manly Ryosuke is.

This show has problems yes, but I sincerely enjoyed it and feel like in the big picture, it actually accomplished what it was supposed to do.
A2ZOMGSep 26, 2012 2:00 AM
Sep 26, 2012 2:22 AM

Jun 2012
Was funny/interesting at first but got too melodramatic at the last couple of episodes. Ecchi was decent at least X D
Sep 26, 2012 2:44 AM

May 2008
Again, it's funny just how many haters actually took the time to not only watch all 12 episodes but also complain about how bad they are/were in this thread xD
It's an ecchi/harem series. Seriously, what exactly did you expect?

I think this "half-harem" ending with an actual confession on both ryosukes and lisaras side is atleast not the standard take on harem series and suits this one just fine, but maybe that's just me ;)
Sep 26, 2012 2:48 AM

Jun 2009
To be quite frank it's pretty terrible but ending is quite amusing. I guess I'll just give it a 6 instead of 5.
Sep 26, 2012 2:49 AM

Jan 2011
Gonna stick with my same feeling from the first episode This show is so silly and for that i shall give it a 6.5/10yeah i give points out wanna fight about it.

still what the hell was up with the crazy amount of people it seemed they were gonna fight in the OP but never showed up at all :/.
Sep 26, 2012 3:18 AM
Jul 2018
So we get happy ending....7/10 from me.
Sep 26, 2012 5:04 AM

May 2010
I don't what the hell is going on anymore with this anime just glad that it's over !!
Sep 26, 2012 5:17 AM

Dec 2008
Meh it was kind of bad from the beginning. It tried so hard to give off the same vibe that DxD gave off (awesome Light Novel btw) and they really just failed at it. I mean I get it we like boobs, but when they just get thrown in your face 24/7 eventually you realize you don't want boobs for breakfast lunch and dinner anymore.
Sep 26, 2012 5:35 AM

Jul 2010
Anime tried too hard with the drama towards the end. Should have stayed with comedy.
Sep 26, 2012 5:37 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The really good part of this episode was Darnia in the following,

Add to that her fan service in the spoiler (NSFW) completed with nipples ass exposure and we have a winner in Lisara’s breasts and a better bust size from Darnia. Darnia is essentially is like Lisara but a bigger bust.

The other thing would be the nice art in the following,

That had a nice change of style that sadly did not last long at all really.

The end card in the spoiler (NSFW) not only exposed everyone’s breasts with nipples but Quele has some finally. Got to say they are not good. I would prefer them like Tomoe from Seikon.

That being said the series was a mess. So 1/10 and that’s it. No I don’t approve of the convenient, CHEAP and non resolving for obvious S2 coming up END. Nope not with me at all.

BTW GIFs are Darnia’s fan service in the BLOG (NSFW) made more ecchi and it does show a aspect of Darnia.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 26, 2012 5:40 AM

Sep 2012
Arbel said:
Again, it's funny just how many haters actually took the time to not only watch all 12 episodes but also complain about how bad they are/were in this thread xD
It's an ecchi/harem series. Seriously, what exactly did you expect?

it should have stayed ecchi/harem instead of overplaying the drama...hence the hate...this series tried to play jack of all trades but mastered at none
..this space under construction...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Jul 5, 2012

158 by KILLERPNDA »»
Apr 14, 4:08 PM

» Dakara wa, H ga Dekinai season 2?

asianinvasion659 - Jul 22, 2014

41 by QuanqqVietNam »»
Nov 27, 2023 9:47 PM

Poll: » Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 19, 2012

73 by Donnawan »»
Jul 25, 2023 8:41 AM

Poll: » Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

62 by fgowy »»
Mar 21, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 9, 2012

50 by NightHood64 »»
Mar 6, 2023 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.