Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2008 1:11 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
You can read online here: http://sagakure.livejournal.com/268492.html
^__^ sagakure rocks.

kjdshfkjoifgjfd OMFG I love ZeroXYuuki so much, and I love Zero so much.
I just knew that he wouldn't be able to shoot her. ;;;;; and the flashbacks... ;;;; he has been going through so much suffering. :(
Also: Kaname was talking to Rido? o.o
TaluOct 22, 2008 1:27 PM
Oct 22, 2008 2:08 PM

Aug 2007
Aww. I was expecting a fight not a flashback. I still doesn't give you an idea whether these two will fight or Zero will let Yuuki kill him. I say it's one or the other. Sadly.
Oct 22, 2008 2:44 PM

Jun 2008
I wasn't expecting a flashback either...it made me think that this was just like a commercial break. It was cute and I learned some new things about the characters, though. I think these flashbacks should've appeared earlier. It took away from the main storyline b/c we have to wait another month to see if Zero will shoot Yuki. Overall, I loved the flashback.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Oct 22, 2008 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
this chapter gave me the hope that maybe they can end up together as a couple in the end as vampires considering that he no longer will die or degrade to a level e.
Oct 22, 2008 3:34 PM
Jun 2008
Like Yuuki will really kill Zero..she'll just hug him or pat his head again like she used too and tell him everything is okay ^_^

all hail zeroxyuuki!
Oct 22, 2008 3:39 PM

Sep 2008
I liked it, and I think zero and yuki's love either needs to overcome this or one of them needs to just end it coldly with the other.... and never turn back!

I think yuki might let zero shoot her, but then again her vampire instincts might kick in and she won't...

I can't wait for the next chapter.
Oct 22, 2008 3:42 PM

Jan 2008
i keep aimimg for the romeoxjuliet ending with these two. or if they turned around and killed kaname i would really be appreciative xD! but then again, i'm no longer an avid yuukixzero fan. i just want zero to be happy ^^;

did expect a fight and not this tho.... although i was happy to see how deep his love for her is.
Oct 22, 2008 3:44 PM

May 2007
As a Zero x Yuuki pairing fan (actually, I think I'm just rooting for Zero and could care less about Yuuki and hope Kaname bites the dust), I loved the chapter, but at the same time, became pretty demoralized by it. For some reason, this chapter gave me the impression Zero is going to have a unrequited love towards Yuuki. I can't say exactly why, but I am questioning the use of a full chapter focusing on Zero's feelings. It's like the mangaka is using this time to dive into Zero's mind because there won't be an opportunity to do so later on? I don't know.

I was a little disappointed at the lack of plot movement, since this chapter solely focused on Zero and his thoughts about the realization of himself becoming a vampire and what exactly Yuuki means to him. There really isn't too much to comment on in this chapter. I will say that all of Zero's actions have made sense, on how he wanted to stay away from Yuuki, but at the same time, because of her warmth and caring nature, wanted to stay near her as well.

Hmm...I wonder if Zero's feeling towards seeing Kaname pet Yuuki's head (in the flashback) was really a sign that he knew deep down, he was a vampire of sorts, or if he felt a pang of jealousy because he realized that it wasn't him in her heart.

I'm curious as to what will happen next. Will we get a fight? Or will somebody interrupt their showdown and hence, we'll get a stoppage to all of this drama. I personally hope for Zero to pull the trigger, as that's perhaps the most interesting - foreseeable - outcome in my eyes and see what occurs afterwards.
VK11Oct 22, 2008 3:50 PM
Oct 22, 2008 3:46 PM

Sep 2008
AoiMemori said:
i keep aimimg for the romeoxjuliet ending with these two. or if they turned around and killed kaname i would really be appreciative xD! but then again, i'm no longer an avid yuukixzero fan. i just want zero to be happy ^^;

did expect a fight and not this tho.... although i was happy to see how deep his love for her is.

I am also not really for yuki anymore either... just zero.... I felt that she was pretty cold to him when she first awakened to her vampire self...

Oct 22, 2008 3:54 PM

Oct 2007
TwistedRose said:
I wasn't expecting a flashback either...it made me think that this was just like a commercial break.

LOL.... feels so true :P

Well boring chapter for me... i dont like Zero much, probably that is why...
Oct 22, 2008 4:05 PM

Sep 2008
ZeroxYuuki<3 YESSS!
Personally, I loved it even if it was a flashback thing. I prefer this much over a fight between the two. Ahh, I REALLY want them to be the canon pairing. And for Kaname to die. Painfully. But a lot of people think Yuuki will kill Zero >.< Do. Not. WANT.
(If anyone's gonna kill anyone, I'd rather he kill her to be honest...actually, I'd rather Yuuki come to her senses and they team up and kill Kaname :D But she's too stupid to...)
...Pay no attention to me... >.<
Oct 22, 2008 5:34 PM

Oct 2007
…and now we wait another month…

BUT I liked the chapter. The flashback was important in that we got to see Zero realize what Yuuki really means to him, and really the only way I could see him actually shooting her is if she gives him permission or something along that line. >.< I will still stand by my guess that they will not end up actually fighting here.

vindemon64 said:
I can't say exactly why, but I am questioning the use of a full chapter focusing on Zero's feelings. It's like the mangaka is using this time to dive into Zero's mind because there won't be an opportunity to do so later on? I don't know.
And I totally agree! I am back to worrying about Zero’s life. (even more)
Oct 22, 2008 7:26 PM
May 2008
hehe fuel for all the ZeroxYuuki fans. Hino Matsuri definitely fuels both ZeroxYuuki and KanamexYuuki quite a bit, don't you think? But yeah, as Vindemon64 noted, it does seem like this will be an unrequited love for Zero. Yuuki does care about him, but I don't think it's quite the same as her feelings for Kaname. But I feel so sorry for Zero... such a horrible past, watched his brother die, saved/indebted to his 'enemy' (biting Kaname), and now shooting a gun at the one he loves... so sad!
But I have to say, this chapter made me like Yuuki more. She can be really stupid and lost in thought a lot of the time, but this chapter showed how caring and sweet she is, and how brave and unwavering she really is. Yay!
Oct 22, 2008 8:14 PM

Sep 2007
TwilightShiva said:
hehe fuel for all the ZeroxYuuki fans. Hino Matsuri definitely fuels both ZeroxYuuki and KanamexYuuki quite a bit, don't you think? But yeah, as Vindemon64 noted, it does seem like this will be an unrequited love for Zero. Yuuki does care about him, but I don't think it's quite the same as her feelings for Kaname. But I feel so sorry for Zero... such a horrible past, watched his brother die, saved/indebted to his 'enemy' (biting Kaname), and now shooting a gun at the one he loves... so sad!
But I have to say, this chapter made me like Yuuki more. She can be really stupid and lost in thought a lot of the time, but this chapter showed how caring and sweet she is, and how brave and unwavering she really is. Yay!

I also think the same. I want o read the next chapter >.<
Oct 22, 2008 9:38 PM

Feb 2008
awww, i'm happy to see finally that Zero loves Yuuki. We all knew he did... :P I kinda teared up at the end. Zero's pained expressions get me every time. *sigh*
Oct 22, 2008 10:55 PM

Dec 2007
Good chapter.:: Rido will emerge and try to kill Yuki but Zero will intervene and get critically hurt. </prediction>
Oct 22, 2008 11:37 PM

Sep 2008
i want to see zero try to prevent yuuki from being hurt by rido or vice versa and yuuki will protect zero.... I hope they team up against him....
Oct 22, 2008 11:59 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
vindemon64 said:
I was a little disappointed at the lack of plot movement, since this chapter solely focused on Zero and his thoughts about the realization of himself becoming a vampire and what exactly Yuuki means to him. There really isn't too much to comment on in this chapter. I will say that all of Zero's actions have made sense, on how he wanted to stay away from Yuuki, but at the same time, because of her warmth and caring nature, wanted to stay near her as well.

Hmm...I wonder if Zero's feeling towards seeing Kaname pet Yuuki's head (in the flashback) was really a sign that he knew deep down, he was a vampire of sorts, or if he felt a pang of jealousy because he realized that it wasn't him in her heart.

I'm curious as to what will happen next. Will we get a fight? Or will somebody interrupt their showdown and hence, we'll get a stoppage to all of this drama. I personally hope for Zero to pull the trigger, as that's perhaps the most interesting - foreseeable - outcome in my eyes and see what occurs afterwards.
Hmmm, agreed. Not a lot happened, but I suppose it was a nice summary of what Zero's feeling, since we haven't really heard that much from him in a while.

I'd like the plot to move on now though... and I'd like more Kaname please :)

I was thinking today that I can see one of them (Kaname or Zero) dying in the end. I think the one that dies is going to be the one with the unrequited love. Unfortunately, I don't think I can predict who will die. They both have an equal likelihood in the way that the story is progressing...
Oct 23, 2008 1:43 AM

Jan 2008
i feel like someone will come in at a crucial moment, maybe Kaname, and Yuuki will have to leave (or something since there's a revolution going on - still not sure if all the 'bad' vamps have been exterminated yet). it's really hard to say but the Yuuki x Zero moments are always so short and fulfilling! X,x i don't see either one dying now. i mean the whole story revolves around three characters, basically.

and it still needs to be explained what Rido meant when he said "why am I not good enough Juuri?" even though we can all know that she picked Haruka over him, there had to be something else going on, another flashback. and thus it must be his reason for targeting Yuuki. i think she resembles her mother a lot and it's obvious he sees that by the way he was talking to her in 43 (that and he's crazy, ^^).

yukihimeOct 23, 2008 1:49 AM

Oct 23, 2008 2:03 AM

Feb 2008
Seriously? Just have sex and get over it already!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2008 8:27 AM

Feb 2008
sanjica said:
LMAO.

It was a good chapter, nothing spectacular happened which is a shame because the month breaks have meant I've basically forgotten everything that's gone on.
Oct 23, 2008 8:42 AM

Feb 2008
i like this chapter better compared to the previous one. however,i find it predictable that zero is unable to shoot yuuki, at least not now.

Oct 23, 2008 9:31 AM

Aug 2008
It was an okay chapter.. flashbacks coulda been cut down a bit though.

I wonder if the first few pages of Kaname are him absorbing Rido's powers.
Oct 23, 2008 11:43 AM

Apr 2008
Bah, someone expecting a fight, wait for a whole month and all we get is a flashback ¬¬ Especially now that I no longer care about Zero x Yuuki... This flashback was the worst thing I could have ;-; Zero loves Yuuki too much... He shouldn't! He should love someone else so that he can have a happy ending...
Oh, well... I still want my fight.. I highly doubt I'll get it, but ok... At least I hope next chapter has something exciting and/or someone's death x3 *drama ftw x3*
Oct 23, 2008 2:36 PM

Apr 2008
so touching...
Oct 23, 2008 2:55 PM

Jul 2008
This chapter was clearly meant to keep readers in suspense as to what's gonna happen between the two. Yes, yes we know that Zero, no matter how much he fronts, can not in anyway hurt or worse yet kill Yuki, *why is he torturing himself further* Regardless, gr8 chapter... YuukiXZero 4ever fan.
Oct 23, 2008 7:43 PM

May 2007
Ah, a Zero chapter. Me likes.
I really loved this chp because it explained Zero's feelings for Yuuki so perfectly... Even though he was having a hard time he couldn't help it but fall for her since she was so gentle to him. <33 Kyaa.
And he can't kill her. He just can't. <333

I need to see Yuuki's response, like, now.

Oct 24, 2008 12:41 AM

Sep 2008
LolitaDecay said:
sanjica said:
LMAO.

It was a good chapter, nothing spectacular happened which is a shame because the month breaks have meant I've basically forgotten everything that's gone on.

I prefer seeing their sexual tensions rise and fall... and the month breaks make me sort of space out on what happened too...
Oct 25, 2008 8:25 AM

Jan 2008
An emotastic chapter, but I still loved it X) I was expecting a little more than just a flashback, but it still kept my interest and I really did like the chapter! I'm excited for next month's probable action!
Oct 29, 2008 4:33 PM
Oct 2007
Ah i wanted more T_T now i have to wait till Nov. 22 all this vampire knight intensity is so overwhelming. >.< but yuuki's so cute when she's little <3 Does seem like the favored couple of Yuuki + Zero is taking a turn now, but it's like it's up and down >.<
Oct 31, 2008 6:15 PM

Oct 2007
vindemon64 said:
I was a little disappointed at the lack of plot movement, since this chapter solely focused on Zero and his thoughts about the realization of himself becoming a vampire and what exactly Yuuki means to him.

Yep, there's was a serious lack of new information. At least if Zero sacrifices himself for Yuuki, they've made sure we'll know why...definitely, for sure, no question.
Nov 1, 2008 6:49 PM
Oct 2008
can't wait for the next chapter of this..
a chapter of zero's feelings for yuki is not that bad..since most of the time, it's always yuki's thoughts..(she's the main character anyway..)
Nov 3, 2008 1:06 AM

Jan 2008
I'm hoping that that kaname will die somehow, because wasn't he brought back from the dead? I mean that must mean that he's lived a life before and so why should he get an unfair advantage over both Yuuki and Zero? Also he's just too manipulative for my taste...though if Zero wasn't in the story i would probably be a kaname/yuuki shipper:) (though maybe a Aidou/Yuuki shipper, or a Kaname/Aidou shipper;) But since Zero is in the story I'm a definite Zero/Yuuki shipper. This chapter and the last couple chapters I've started to like Yuuki again. I thought it sucked when she "awoke" because she was soooo different from before. Though I think the part where she was cold to Zero, was her attempt to act coldly so he would hate her so she wouldn't cause him more pain. Whatever happens fight-or-no-fight, I hope that Zero lives and can be as happy as possible, because he's the best person of the lot of them.
Nov 3, 2008 6:00 PM

Jun 2008
Darude said:
Good chapter.:: Rido will emerge and try to kill Yuki but Zero will intervene and get critically hurt. </prediction>

that seriously sounds like it'll happen. and that accounts for vindemon64's theory, too! T_T

i would absolutely die. kaname may be hotter, but he's a total asshole in my book.
Dec 17, 2008 7:06 AM

Dec 2008
theflibbet said:

i would absolutely die. kaname may be hotter, but he's a total asshole in my book.

Agreed. The way Kaname calmly manipulates people and acts so superior to Zero...

This chapter proved how strongly Zero feels for Yuuki, even now, after she acted so coldly to him. Even after he knows she's a pure blood like Shizuka, who destroyed his world, he still loves her. He's just a much nicer and more sensitive person than Kaname.

Here's hoping our manipulative vampire lord who looks down on Zero like an animal gets what's coming to him!
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 4, 2009 1:01 AM

Jun 2008
What an awesome chapter~ <3 I really got to see what's in Zero's mind.
HEY!
Apr 18, 2010 10:56 PM

Oct 2008
Zeroooooooo. ;___; I feel for you.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 27, 2011 8:16 AM

Aug 2009
Zero's pain expressions. D:

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Aug 31, 2014 5:06 AM

Dec 2012
What a painful chapter for me. :( Poor Zero :(

- barely alive -
Apr 1, 2023 10:25 AM

Aug 2022
Chapter full of just Zero thinking. Great, he can't kill her I'm sure

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.